SM Ubers Toxicity: Naganadel Hyper Offense (Peaked at 1614 for now)

Do you believe Naganadel is viable in this metagame?

• Total voters

Hey guys, I've taken a long break from mons pretty much since USUM came out, but decided to come back about a month ago. I'm normally an OU player but I decided to try out some Ubers and I actually made a team I enjoy using. I'm not the best player overall and I hate laddering so I only got to 1614 but Ill most likely go back and play some more so hopefully that goes up later. I decided to make a team around Naganadel, a mon that I have found to be very interesting to build around, as well as very effective and fun to use. Without further ado, here's the team!

Teambuilding Process

Originally I had the core of Naga + suicide lead Cloyster. Naga does great vs. both offensive and defensive teams, as beast boost lets it beat up offense, and nasty plot + Z-move lets it kill defensive teams. I decided to put it on a hyper offense team, so I started with lead Cloyster to get spikes and possibly explode to stop a defog/spin.

Before I added any other members, I changed Cloyster to Deo-S because I felt like having Spikes + Rocks on a lead was really nice rather than just spikes. Deo-S is also way faster (obv) and can block defog with Taunt. Lastly, thanks to skill swap, it sets up hazards vs. magic bouncers like Sableye.

I added Xerneas because its a great offensive partner to Naga. Naga wears down/kills common Xern checks like Magearna, Necrozma-DM and Groudon. I chose Geomancy as the set as it can act as a sweeper once its checks get worn down/killed.

Marshadow was added to act as an anti-offense mon as well as a form of priority. It also blocks the uncommon rapid spin if necessary.

Necrozma-DM was added as a fairy and flying resist for stuff like Xern and Mence. SD + Polish is the set I chose to act as another breaker/sweeper.

Originally I added Ekiller Arceus as the last mon. It provided more priority as well as a lure to Marshadow thanks to chople berry.

I replaced Ekiller Arceus with M-Mence as the last change as I wanted a soft check to Groudon + Marsh. Mence adds yet another sweeper that loves having Necrozma-DM worn down.

A More In-Depth Look

Naganadel @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast

I started with Naganadel. I haven't used it since the beginning of USUM when I briefly played when this monster was still in OU. This mon does a good job of putting the pressure on defensive teams thanks to NP + Z-Draco. Sludge Wave is STAB and smacks fairies not named Magearna. Fire Blast roasts Necro-DM, Magearna, and Ferrothorn (the former two die at +2, and the latter one just dies). Z-Draco is a nuke at +2, blowing through support Arceus forms and Groudon, for example. Naga is fantastic vs. balance/stall, as nothing really likes its coverage, especially at +2 or higher. EVs are self explanatory, max speed + timid lets you gain speed from beast boost, which helps a lot vs. teams with a scarfer. Overall a great mon for the team.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Skill Swap

Deo-Speed is the dedicated lead of the team. Its blazing speed lets it get up rocks/one spike almost always, and it will often get multiple layers up before falling. Hazards work wonders for this team, wearing down mons like Groudon, support Arcues forms, Magearna, Kyogre, and Necrozma-DM. Taunt shuts down mons that want to set up on it or defog away the layers of hazards. Skill Swap is nice as it lets me set up hazards on magic bouncers, namely Mega Sableye. Not much else to say really, Deo-S is a nice lead for the team.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 172 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder

Geo Xern was the next mon I added. Xern synergizes really well with Naga, as it can beat/wear down Xern's checks, like Mage, Groudon, Necro-DM, and Celesteela. Geomancy turns Xern into a powerful breaker/sweeper, especially with hazards. Set is standard, Focus Blast and Thunder smack Moonblast resists like Groudon, Necro-DM, Ho-Oh, Toxapex, Celesteela, etc. Although Geo Xern is commonly used as a late game cleaner, it is often used early game to wear down mons for other teammates to sweep later on for my team. Geo Xern + Naga has quickly become one of my favorite cores, and I highly recommend you try them out together.

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Rock Tomb

Marshadow is the main anti-offense mon on the team. Not much on offense appreciates a LO boosted move from this thing. It also acts as the main revenge killer thanks to its great speed + access to technician shadow sneak. Spectral Thief can potentially steal boosts from mons like SD Necrozma-DM, SD Arceus (besides Arc normal ofc), and SD Groudon. CC smacks everything that's resists spectral thief for massive damage. Rock Tomb hits Ho-Oh and Mega Mence harder than any other move it has. Its also useful for dropping the speed of a scarfer potentially. Sneak chips away at anything faster than Marsh and kills mons like Mega Gengar and Deo-A.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

Necrozma-DM is honestly the sweeper that cleans games up the most in my experience. Weakness Policy dual dance Necro is a great mon for the team. First of all, Necro acts as a nice fairy and flying resist, which prevents scarf xern/yveltal from spamming fairy or flying moves respectively. Secondly, Necrozma finds set up opportunities so often. This combined with the fact that a lot of mons' super effective attacks cant kill this thing in one hit makes Weakness Policy so nice for this mon. A lot of times I will set up a rock polish on a predicted super effective attack, take the hit, then proceed to sweep with +2 attack and speed. Sunsteel nukes practically everything at +2, and EQ hits anything that Sunsteel doesn't. At +2 speed, this thing outspeeds scarf yveltal/xern, making sure they can revenge kill. This thing sets up on Ekiller Arceus, Mega Mence, Support Groundceus, Mewtwo, just to name a few. Marshadow's sneak doesn't even revenge kill this often since its so bulky. So honestly, this thing is the MVP of the team, it fits so well in my opinion.

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Facade
- Roost

Mega Mence is the last mon added. Mega Mence provides a soft check to Marshadow and Primal Groudon while still keeping up offensive pressure. This mon loves having Necrozma-DM, Celesteela, and Zygarde-C worn down/killed by Naga/hazards/Xern. DD lets Mence break through/wear down common checks with the rest of the team. Double-Edge wears down everything if Salamence isn't statused, like Groudon and support Arceus'. Façade is really nice for Mence, as it makes sure that burns don't cripple it. I chose Façade over EQ only because EQ's targets would be worn down by hazards and the rest of the team anyways. Besides, a resisted Double-Edge/Façade still does a lot to some mons. Mence is a good mon to round out the team in my opinion.

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-749718269 (still has arceus > mence, but naga beats a bulky team on its own)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-749731064 (necro wins after policy gets activated)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-749759712 (necro wins v2)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-749772669 (naga weakens his team but necro wins again v3)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-749819557 (mence kills pdon but necro wins again v4)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-749982965 (outplaying sucker punch to win with naga)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-750012977 (outplaying sucker punch to win with necro)

(sorry these aren't great replays, I know xern didn't even come out in any of them)

Threatlist

Yveltal is a huge threat to the team. Xerneas sets up on it but besides that nothing likes taking a hit from LO Yveltal.

Marshadow is a big threat as well. If it carries HP Ice or even Rock Tomb then Mence isn't too safe, and besides Mence literally nothing appreciates this thing.

Xerneas is able to tear through the team once Necrozma-DM goes down. Normally Necro is enough to take care of it but if it dies, Xern is a huge issue.

Kyogre is a big threat as well. Its easy to overwhelm since it has no recovery, but nothing comes in on it and it gets a kill every time it gets a hit off.

Groudon is a decent threat as well. It gets worn down easily like Kyogre, but nothing sets up on it happily and not much breaks it in one hit.

Exportable
Naganadel @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Skill Swap

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 172 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Rock Tomb

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Facade
- Roost

Conclusion
Thanks for reading my first RMT in a while! Please leave some constructive criticism for the team if you'd like. Its really appreciated. This team has treated me well so far, and I hope you all give it a try too, its really fun! Again, thanks for reading, and enjoy!

Last edited:
Considering this is an HO team and you have no way of keeping webs down, I'd recommend changing your NecroDM set. Mence is your best bet vs web offense and swapping Double Dance DM for Weakness Policy TR DM gives you a far better match up. This also allows you to run 0 speed and you can invest that into HP ensuring that you can enable weakness policy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)