Trademarked

With a set like this Nasty Plot is better than Calm Mind (I could see merit to Calm Mind if you're running Will-o-Wisp, though). Like Ludicrousity said, since you're boosting Special Attack on this set, Focus Blast is generally better than Close Combat unless you really want to hit Chansey or you just don't want to risk Focus Miss, in which case Naive is the best nature. Also, Grass Knot > Solar Beam because it's far more reliable outside of sun
Scope Lens + Focus Energy is another serious consideration for Infernape. Less immediate power than Nasy Plot in exchange for a mixed set and the ability to circumvent Heart Swap Manaphy, Parting Shot Pangoro, and defensive boosters.

With a set like this Nasty Plot is better than Calm Mind (I could see merit to Calm Mind if you're running Will-o-Wisp, though). Like Ludicrousity said, since you're boosting Special Attack on this set, Focus Blast is generally better than Close Combat unless you really want to hit Chansey or you just don't want to risk Focus Miss, in which case Naive is the best nature. Also, Grass Knot > Solar Beam because it's far more reliable outside of sun
I guess so. Unless you're running some sort of Sun team. But if something isn't heavy, you won't be doing much damage at all. By the way, I said "As for some Calm Minders..." so you could have some fun with this if Doubles Trademarked was avalible. Here's a combo I made WITH the set (if Doubles Trademarked existed! :P) :

The set used for Infernape but with the move Roleplay instead of Grass Knot/Vacuum Wave paired up with a Contrary Serperior. After seeing the words "Roleplay" and "Contrary Serperior" you should know where this is going? Infernape Gets a boost from Calm Mind, uses Roleplay, Serperior sets up Screens or Taunt, and then Infernape becomes Bulky AF, as long as it spams Close Combat. Serperior can sit there and Protect and Leaf Storm, or have another Pokemon that can support Infernape!

The set used for Infernape but with the move Roleplay instead of Grass Knot/Vacuum Wave paired up with a Contrary Serperior. After seeing the words "Roleplay" and "Contrary Serperior" you should know where this is going? Infernape Gets a boost from Calm Mind, uses Roleplay, Serperior sets up Screens or Taunt, and then Infernape becomes Bulky AF, as long as it spams Close Combat. Serperior can sit there and Protect and Leaf Storm, or have another Pokemon that can support Infernape!
Yeah that would be great if this were a doubles metagame. Which it isn't.

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Found a counter to a lot of mons in Trademarked

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grassy Terrain/ Substitute/Giga Drain/Aromatherapy/Knock Off/Glare/Taunt

YEAH Serperior!!! the must-have mon in Trademarked. Since most of the people keep Parting Shot Pangoro in Trademarked due to its ability Serperior gets Special attack boost and from Defog TM it gets more evasion. Even if Heart Swap Manaphy steals its stats, Serperior can KO it with Leaf Storm and pick up more boosts. It also 2HKOs Mega Sableye which is a serious threat in Trademarked. Its immune to Spore TMed Breloom as well (icing on the cake).Leaf Storm - 130 Base Power Grass STAB which keeps getting stronger every turn hits like a truck, Dragon Pulse is there to hit Flying and other types which resist Grass, Hidden Power Fire for Steel,Grass,Bug, Ice types and for the last move it could be Grassy Terrain if you have a Nature Power Roserade in your team, Substitute to get rid of Toxic and Will O Wisp TMed mons, Giga Drain for Recovery, Aromatherapy to heal the whole team,Knock Off to remove Chansey's Eviolite, Glare to Paralyze your opposing mon or maybe Taunt. Life Orb increases the power but you can go for Leftovers if required but don't go for Leech Seed in my opinion as it isn't that good because the opponent can just switch and it'll be gone. I'll leave the last move for you but overall this thing is a beast in this tier.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: toxic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

Another Wall-E in Trademarked. With Toxic TM it venoms the opposing mon on first turn, then if Stealth Rocks are set up, it can Roar away the mons to inflict Rocks damage.When its health reduces or it gets statused go for Rest to heal. IT'll be annoying for the opponent lol but it'll surely inflict indirect damage.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: substitute
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Mean Look
- Wish
- Toxic
- Foul Play

Umbreon has damn bulk and it can wall a lot of mons in Trademarked. This time, using Mean Look instead of Protect so that the opponent cant Wish + Heal their pokemons. Substitute as switch in makes it immune to status for some.You can switch into Pangoro then Umbreon then Pangor then Umbreon to weaken the opponent's stats.
Turn 1: Get the Substitute
Turn 2: Toxic the oppoenent
Turn 3: Use Mean Look
Turn 4: Make a wish
Turn 5: Foul Play

Earlier I used Protect in place of Mean Look but that didn't work so Mean Look will be vital.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: raindance
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dark Pulse/or any other move

Thundurus-Therian hits really hard thanks to its 145 SpA. It can TM Rain Dance for never missing Thunder. Rain also helps Manaphy and other water types for boosting.
For Example -
TM Regular Swampert with Yawn (It'll force the opponent to switch)
Turn 1 : Thundy used Rain Dance
Turn 2 : For some reason had to switch-- go to Swampert
Turn 3 : Swampert used Yawn (TMed move)
Turn 4 : Opponent switches out to get rid of mon and you mega evolve Swampert. Use Power Up-Punch or whatever is viable at that moment.

Nasty Plot is another TM option but increasing stats doesnt always helps.HP Ice is to hit flying,grass,dragon,ground types and Volt Switch for momentum.

Lanturn @ Choice Specs
Ability: soak
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Signal Beam/Toxic

Lanturn poses a major threat in TM with Soak it can hit almost everything super effectively, it has great bulk and Heal Bell in its movepool to get heal the team, it can adapt to the game depending on the opponents mons. In the starting , it should spam Volt Switch and then go for other moves.

Rock Polish Rampardos/Tyranitar-Mega could be good, haven't tried it out yet. Then Trick/Switcheroo/Fling can be TMed on any other mon for surprise lol.

Mons that can use double dance may actually have a niche here, especially stuff with reasonable bulk like Lando T. Yes, parting shot spam will be a pain in the rear, as will spore spam, but if you run goggles or lum it'll be alright. Speaking of goggles, this might be a time where they get actual use in singles play, as otherwise I see something like a wack breloom set being really scary (although it loses technician, the ability to get one or two SDs up for free is pretty nice).

Now for some Bulk Mons. I've made a Chansey set:

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Defense Curl/Calm Mind/Wish
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpA
Sassy Nature
Moves:
-Soft-Boiled
-Aromatherapy (could also use as ability)
-Toxic
-Hyper Voice

Defense Curl as an ability should go well, because of Chansey's mediocre Defense, along with the EVs. Sassy is if you're not running Calm Mind, just for some extra SpD, and if you are running Calm Mind, do your own nature. The good thing with Calm Mind is that you get SpA and SpD. Which means an extra boost to Hyper Voice + STAB. 8 SpA is just for extra damage.

How about Golem? It is in PU, after all. So I wouldn't consider it that viable in a tier that consists of OU mons. But here's a set I made anyway:

Golem @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rock Polish
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
Moves:
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Sucker Punch
-Fire Punch/Other Move

Yeah.....

I don't think it's been mentioned yet (I did a control f and didn't find it), but if assault vest doesn't stop trademarks, you can use trick or switcheroo as your trademark and trick an assault vest onto something like chansey or another defensive mon that doesn't want it. Also, anything with a recovery move can now effectively be a regenvester if you want it to be.

I don't think it's been mentioned yet (I did a control f and didn't find it), but if assault vest doesn't stop trademarks, you can use trick or switcheroo as your trademark and trick an assault vest onto something like chansey or another defensive mon that doesn't want it. Also, anything with a recovery move can now effectively be a regenvester if you want it to be.
Nice. Trick/Switcheroo(TM) seems like a risky, but very effective stallbreaker. The only major qualm being that it would absolutely require support from Pangoro and/or slow volt-turners (since some teams will opt to carry a Defiant or Competitive user to capitalize on it), and from there-on out you can't really hard-switch that mon in because they'll be aching to get that AV off of their Chansey and have little reason not to play aggressively with it.

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
Where is this playable?
Is this playable anywhere yet? I've made a couple teams and want to try them out. Seems like a very fast paced meta, but slower playstyles seem usable too. Can't wait to play some games.
It is playable in Dragon Heaven Server and Random Other Metagames.

Now for some Bulk Mons. I've made a Chansey set:

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Defense Curl/Calm Mind/Wish
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpA
Sassy Nature
Moves:
-Soft-Boiled
-Aromatherapy (could also use as ability)
-Toxic
-Hyper Voice

Defense Curl as an ability should go well, because of Chansey's mediocre Defense, along with the EVs. Sassy is if you're not running Calm Mind, just for some extra SpD, and if you are running Calm Mind, do your own nature. The good thing with Calm Mind is that you get SpA and SpD. Which means an extra boost to Hyper Voice + STAB. 8 SpA is just for extra damage.
That set is good with any ability but Chansey should always have Seismic Toss, Hyper Voice will not be that good.

Last edited:
After testing more things, I wanna say two words:
BAN COPYCAT
With this Trademark, you can use any move that was last used on switch in. That means, you can also copy any Trademark and use that. Copycat Fake Out, copy cat Parting shot, copycat Parting shot as a trademark... Anything. Here's a (cancerous) Replay :[replay]dragonheaven-trademarked-2954[/replay]

Last edited:

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
I've just thought about something. Memento is not very viable in Trademarked because:
1. Parting Shot exists. Parting Shot is only used by 2 pokemon, though. (If you were wondering, Pangoro and Smeargle.)
2. You will have to sacrifice a Pokemon. This is one downside to Memento ITSELF.
3. You can't spam it.. Most of the time, you'd see Pokemon like Zoroark/Dugtrio using it, and they already have their own purposes. Since you can't spam it, I don't seeing it being that good. It's not that bad either.
Zoroark can be quite the sneaky Pokemon, and it's generally good at hiding itself. Memento would ruin that, so don't use that.
Dugtrio is not in OU, but it can do some things. It sets up Rocks, and generally scares away Fire, Rock, Steel or Electric Types with Earthquake.
btw Spandan:

As soon as I saw the Pokemon, I was like: "Finally, a team with no Parting Shot Spam!" although zard has them. As for you, Zard, you have 3 mons weak to Ground if Heatran isn't holding Air Balloon.
It was just a test battle to show that Copycat is too OP and needs to be banned :P and that was not my **real** Trademarked team lol.
So yeah.. Copycat is too OP as Spandan said. Even I use it in my TM team.

Last edited:
Maybe switch Close Combat for Focus Blast (My preference) and change the ability to nasty plot. that would work better as a sweeper. although i would like going bulky in special defence
I guess I could see Focus Blast working, but as you know, most people call it Focus Miss. If it hits, then that'll be satisfying. I don't want to call it Focus Miss though, because It is strong for once thing.
And also, 70% is 10% more chance then Serence Grace Scald burning. Interesting right?
Back to Infernape. You could run mixed and instead give Infernape this one move....one move you hardly see.. and get ready for some weird EVs. (Please suggest what I should change the EVs to if needed.) And also Nasty Plot is Good! I guess I didn't think about it.

Infernape @ Choice Something/Other item
Ability: Work Up (shame on me....)
EVs: 126 SpA / 126 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def/SpD (I warned you!)
[Insert A Nature Here]
Moves:
-Flare Blitz/Fire Blast
-ThunderPunch/Vaccum Wave/Mach Punch
-Close Combat
-Solar Beam/Other

Let's just take a moment to look at the difference between Flare Blitz and Fire Blast.
Flare Blitz: Physical, 120 Base Power. Thaws User, 10% Burn, 33% Recoil, 100% Accuracy.
Fire Blast: Special, 110 Base Power. 10% Burn.
Hmm..OK.
Flare Blitz > Fire Blast.
If you're reading this Spandan, please explain how this is sh!tposting?

After testing more things, I wanna say two words:
BAN COPYCAT
With this Trademark, you can use any move that was last used on switch in. That means, you can also copy any Trademark and use that. Copycat Fake Out, copy cat Parting shot, copycat Parting shot as a trademark... Anything. Here's a (cancerous) Replay :[replay]dragonheaven-trademarked-2954[/replay]
Not only is the possibility for double Parting Shots cancerous, but it is also gamebreaking. If you only bring PartingShotTM Pokémon to a battle (be it PS Pancham/Pangoro/Smeargle or at least one of them + CopycatTM anything), you're in for an infinite first turn. I'm quite sure that you all see the problem here.
Edit: oh, double PartingShots had already been mentionned. Of course. Well.

The more cancerous form of using copycat comes from uturn or volt switch since both will be able to do damage with the opponent getting no healing. For example, I could switch out with volt and copy cat combo forever chip damaging at least 1 hp at a time until the mon dies if it lacks immunity in the form of being ground type, ability immunity will not be a problem in most situations due to use for trademarked moves. Uturn runs the same situation without an immunity but can be stopped by a bulky mon with rocky helmet wearing down the copycaters, but even then you can forcibly end the loop yourself and set up another one with almost no loss. Overall the insane loops that it can do that instead of just being infinite do damage no matter how small without a chance to heal means that it is almost unstoppable.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Using a Parting Shot + Noble Roar combo sounds kinda good with me tbh. They're basically the same but without switching out, so you basically start with Pango and then switch, reducing the stats again. Might not be as grat as it sounds in work but it's worth trying

Using a Parting Shot + Noble Roar combo sounds kinda good with me tbh. They're basically the same but without switching out, so you basically start with Pango and then switch, reducing the stats again. Might not be as grat as it sounds in work but it's worth trying
The main problem being that Pyroar fuckin sucks, and also it enhances your weakness to Defiant/Competitive/Contrary users. Something with Cosmic Power will have higher virtual bulk anyways.

-2 252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 172-203 (42.5 - 50.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
-1 252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 151-182 (37.3 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Okay I made a lil change to the Trademarked code on Dragon Heaven.
  • Two Parting Shots, Two Baton Passes, or A Baton Pass +Parting Shot in one turn would fail, unless a Pokémon with one of these trademarks fainted that turn (Due to the trademark failing and the opponent killing it)
  • Copycat as a Trademark would fail to copycat PShot, Baton Pass, Fake Out. (As per Snaq's request :p )
Snaquaza edit the OP with the changes :)
Also I'll work on a client mod when my exams are done, which would enable you to directly enter the trademark in the ability slot of the teambuilder, without the need of using Import/Export. This would allow Trademark to compete with the other OMs for the OMotM race of October 2016 :)
Hope y'all enjoy!

Okay I made a lil change to the Trademarked code on Dragon Heaven.
  • Two Parting Shots, Two Baton Passes, or A Baton Pass +Parting Shot in one turn would fail, unless a Pokémon with one of these trademarks fainted that turn (Due to the trademark failing and the opponent killing it)
  • Copycat as a Trademark would fail to copycat PShot, Baton Pass, Fake Out. (As per Snaq's request :p )
Snaquaza edit the OP with the changes :)
Also I'll work on a client mod when my exams are done, which would enable you to directly enter the trademark in the ability slot of the teambuilder, without the need of using Import/Export. This would allow Trademark to compete with the other OMs for the OMotM race of October 2016 :)
Hope y'all enjoy!
You would need to add that Client mod to the code of PS first to allow it to enter OMotM (So you would need Zarel's acceptance to add the code in, and the OM leaders acceptance to change the rules of OMotM), which I wouldn't think is going to be easy.

You would need to add that Client mod to the code of PS first to allow it to enter OMotM (So you would need Zarel's acceptance to add the code in, and the OM leaders acceptance to change the rules of OMotM), which I wouldn't think is going to be easy.
iirc TI said he'll allow it
EDIT: I'm done with the client mod.
Video
The Modification
Will start a PR on main client repo when Trademarked wins :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)