Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Spd / 80 SAtk / 252 HP / 172 SDef
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Toxic
- Hydro Pump
- Confuse Ray

Mantine, like most other sets, is my specially defensive wall. It provides my team with a crucial resistance to fighting, and cripples special attackers. Because most fighting pokemon in NU don't have access to thunderpunch, mantine is a great wall. It can also use confuse ray on a switch and help klang set up shift gears, or help whoever switches into the opponent's pokemon. Hydro pump and air slash are good coverage STABs and toxic cripples defensive pokemon.

Klang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Return
- Magic Coat
- Shift Gear

Klang is the best late game sweeper on this team, and can easily destroy the other team after 2 shift gears. At that point, alomomola is one of the only viable counters to it, but that's why shiftry is on this team. Klang is one of the best ways to counter a swagger-thunder wave liepard. It can use magic coat to reflect paralysis back and break through subs with gear grind.

Braviary (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Brave Bird
- Rock Slide

Braviary is my go-to lead with a deadly U-turn to cripple leads. It doesn't have to worry about electric types after being locked on to brave bird; It does around 95% of an offensive electabuzz's health. Stealth rocks may be a problem, but making sure they aren't set up is braviary's job. U-turning into piloswine at the beginning of a game lets braviary deal a big chunk of damage, and then have piloswine set up rocks or finish them off with a priority ice shard.

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Piloswine is the bulky rock layer layer of this team. Despite being weak to five types, it can take both physical and special attacks very well. It can hit hard with both earthquake and icicle crash, finishing off with an ice shard. I've seem it take strong super effective focus blasts with only 65% health gone.

Rapidash @ Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Flare Blitz
- Drill Run
- Wild Charge

Rapidash is the fastest sweeper on this team, and has some amazing coverage. Stealth rocks aren't much of a problem because rapidash tends to be a one hit wonder. Easily taking out major threats such as sawsbuck, tangela, and articuno. Most pokemon can't outspeed this fiery fiend as it plows its way straight through the enemies.

Shiftry @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Shiftry is the special attacker this team needed. Its scarf makes up for its mediocre speed by letting it get off a good leaf storm. It's the perfect counter to alomomola and wartortle, two of this tier's biggest defesive threats. Hidden power rock gives it a good way to get the switch in on charizard or an offensive bug type, two switch in that could be fatal.

I'm not sure how to get GIFs of the pokemon on this thread, I'm sorry if that was necessary.

This team has the right Ideas, but doesn't utilize them to their full potential.
Looking over the team, Choice Band Sawk, Banded and Scarfed Primeape, and Bulk Up Gurdurr blitz through the team bar Mantine, who is easily decimated by Stone Edge as well. You also appear to have no checks to Choice Specs Ampharos, who 2HKO's your entire team with not much issue. Your team is also completely walled by Defensive Tangela, as it can potentially stall out even your best check, Rapidash. After a Shell Smash, Carracosta wrecks your team with ease as well.
In order to deal with the first issue, I suggest replacing Rapidash with Pivot Musharna. I do not see the point of having two Choice Banded pokemon, both of whom are weak to rocks, and one of whom doesn't even utilize a band well. While Rapidash is still a decent pokemon, it doesn't bring the heat in battle. The reason I am adding Pivot Musharna, is that it applies constant pressure to the first three pokemon that I listed, beating them out and nullifying your team's fighting weakness. It also offers Thunder Wave / Toxic support, something your team adores.
My second issue is Shiftry, who is a terrible scarfer. Instead, I suggest Choice Scarf Rotom S, as it outspeeds Carractosta and deals with it after a smash, and it can beat out Tangela, another problem that I saw your team had major issues with. The volt switch will also help you gain momentum, bringing the game back to your hands, as you can lessen the amount of predictions you must make, and make be able to apply constant offensive pressure.
Choice Band Sawk over Braviary on your team is hugely benefitial. This is because 2-3 of your pokemon are stealth rock weak, and you thus cannot afford letting them get up. With Mold Breaker, Sawk just about OHKO's every stealth rocker in the metagame, allowing you to near guarantee that you can switch pokemon in and out of combat safely, which not only keeps your team alive for longer, but helps make the difference in what moves you can take and what you can switch into. Sawk also acts as a extremely strong wallbreaker, helping open giant gaps for Klang to sweep through!

Smaller Issues:
Icicle Spear over Icicle Crash on Piloswine, as you can beat out Ninjask leads as well as break Substitutes.
Rest + Sleep Talk over Toxic and Confuse Ray on Mantine as it majorly increases your longevity, and Scald over Hydro Pump to burn physical attackers and potentially cripple them for the rest of the match.

Substitute over Magic Coat, and 88HP / 168SPE EV Spread on Klang. This allows you to outspeed Scolipede after a single Shift Gear as the offensive Klang set, and Substitute buys you extra turns to set up, as well as avoid status which Klang absolutely hates.

Sets:

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Moonlight
- Thunder Wave
- Baton Pass

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Trick

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

I agree with all of Brawlfest's changes, but I just have a few nitpicks to the changes he made. Pivot Musharna definitely helps this team, but instead of Thunder Wave, I suggest Yawn instead. While Thunder Wave support can be nice, I don't think it's that necessary for this team. Yawn let's you either force a switch put something to sleep which then allows you to Baton Pass out to an appropriate check or even Klang so it can set up a Shift Gear or Substitute.

Sets:

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Moonlight
- Yawn
- Baton Pass

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and since you're new, to join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

PS : Real men need no GIFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)