Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon: Rampardos
Type: Rock/Fighting
BST: 97/165/60/65/50/58
Abilities: Mold Breaker, Sheer Force, Moxie
New Moves: Accelerock, Drain Punch, Heavy Slam
Removed Moves: None
Justification/Niche: First of all, Rampardos with Accelerock it very good prioraty move to use since Rampardos has very bad speed, Drain Punch is a great STAB move to use since Ramparods doesn't have any Recovering moves, Heavy Slam can be used on Trick Room teams and again will be useful with a 0 Speed IV and a Brave Nature
Sample moveset:
All-Out Attacker:
Rampardos @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Accelerock
- Drain Punch
- Head Smash
- Swords Dance

Trick Room Sweeper:
Rampardos @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Heavy Slam
- Drain Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Head Smash

Move will come!

Torterra
Type
:

Ability: Overgrow | HA: Rock Head
Old Stats: 95 / 109 / 105 / 75 / 85 / 56
New Stats: 95 / 135 / 125 / 55 / 105 / 55 (BST 570)
Added Moves: Head Smash, Shell Smash, Spikes
Justification/Niche: Well, a recoil abuser. It's pretty versatile: you can use it as an hazard setter, since it has good defensive typing and a very nice 95/125/105 bulk, or as a Shell Smash sweeper (I added it to its movepool since it's almost the only Pokémon with a shell that doesn't learn it) with strong STABs and even recovery in Synthesis, or even as a TR sweeper, since it learns Curse and has a low 55 base Speed stat. So, choose the role you prefer and put it in your team.
Sample Movesets:
Torterra @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock / Spikes
- Spikes / Synthesis
- Head Smash

Torterra @ White Herb / Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Wood Hammer
- Head Smash
- Earthquake

Torterra @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Curse/Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Head Smash
- Earthquake/Synthesis/Leech Seed

Torterra @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Iron Head/Heavy Slam/Superpower/Double-Edge/coverage

Last edited:
Reactions: nv
Pokemon: Rampardos
Type: Rock/Fighting
BST: 97/165/60/65/50/58
Abilities: Mold Breaker, Sheer Force, Moxie
New Moves: Accelerock, Drain Punch, Heavy Slam
Justification/Niche: First of all, Rampardos with Accelerock it very good prioraty move to use since Rampardos has very bad speed, Drain Punch is a great STAB move to use since Ramparods doesn't have any Recovering moves, Heavy Slam can be used on Trick Room teams and again will be useful with a 0 Speed IV and a Brave Nature
Sample moveset:
All-Out Attacker:
Rampardos @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Accelerock
- Drain Punch
- Head Smash
- Swords Dance

Trick Room Sweeper:
Rampardos @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Drain Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Head Smash

Move will come!
Rampardos was already done.

Edit: wrong user....

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Hold up! We had forgot a Psychic slate over here, and we usually do a cycle for all type, so I will suggest a Psychic slate for the next one.

Anyways, good to see that this Pet Mod is active again.

Conkeldurr
Type
:

Ability: Guts | Sheer Force | Dazzling
Base Stats: 105 / 140 / 100 (+5) / 55 / 80 (+15) / 85 (+40) (BST 570)
Added Moves: Head Smash, Stealth Rock, Accelerock
Justification/Niche: Since his rival Hariyama become far more emphases into defense, Conkeldurr emphases more on the offense. Sheer Force is more useful than Iron Fist for several reasons, so Dazzling will help in case of using a Choice Scarf variant. Head Smash is risky, but can be remedied with Drain Punch. Stealth Rock will make a surprise package when you expect a switch-in, and Accelerock is in case you want to deal with faster Flying-types. The reason why it only got 85 Base Speed is because of Guts; you do want to stop it, and making it too fast will make it too much.

Cradily
Type
:

Ability: Serene Grace | Regenerator | Chlorophyll
Base Stats: 90 (+4) / 81 / 97 / 111 (+30) / 107 / 84 (+51) (BST 570)
Added Moves: Quiver Dance, Lava Plume, Power Gem
Justification/Niche: A potential great ally of Optimized Drought Bellossom when going with Chlorophyll, and an effective burn bringer with Serene Grace. Regenerator is in case that the situation went bad, and Power Gem is the obligatory Special Rock STAB. However, without Quiver Dance, it won't be able to sweep much, and is vulnerable to common Fighting-type and the increasingly prominent Ice-type.

Lunatone
Type
:

Ability: Levitate | Technician | Magic Bounce
Base Stats: 90 / 55 / 75 (+10) / 125 (+30) / 95 (+10) / 130 (+60) (BST 570)
Added Moves: Glare, Clear Smog, Draining Kiss
Justification/Niche: Now you asked why I added Clear Smog and Draining Kiss? Lunatone got an already good Special Learnset, even having Moonblast, but the two moves I added will go well with Technician, with also applies to Ancient Power, Icy Wind, Charge Beam and even Hidden Power. It also have Calm Mind as a set up move, but its high Speed allows it to simply use Choice Specs for revenge killing. Clear Smog is an utility move that will put a stop into many set up sweepers, long as they are not Steel-type. Finally, Magic Bounce can be used to counter Spikes, Stealth Rocks, Toxic Spikes and other Status Moves, and Lunatone gains Glare as a sure-shot Paralysis.

Machamp
Type:
Fight/Rock
Ability: No Guard, Guts (Dazzling)
Stats: 110/135/90/40/95/90 (BST: 570)
New Moves: Accelerock, Mach Punch, Sword Dance
Niche: With his new dual STAB priority with SD, Machamp enjoys Rock... Hard ABS! His dual STAB is great and tends to be what No Guardians use as is in Stone Edge/Dynamic Punch combos. SDing up to spam priority with Dazzling to block enemy priority can run into problems. Resistors, especially ground or ghost mons, don't care much, or at all. Still, you could be gutsy to punish burn or toxic spikers if they status you expecting the wrong set.

Sample Sets
Machamp @ Life Orb
Ability: Dazzling
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Adamant nature
- Sword Dance
- Accelerock
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch/Bullet Punch/Knock Off/Quake

Cradily
Type
: Rock/Grass
Ability: Intimidate, Suction Cup (Dry Skin)
Stats: 116/111/107/111/107/18 (BST: 570)
New Moves: Growth, Accelerock, Leech Seeds
Niche: Trick Room Sun Sweeper. Yes, I just said that. Use growth once in a Trick Room and enjoy a few turns of incredible power! Use priority when it ends. That's what I actually said. If that's not your style, a slow, very defensive SubSeed and Rock setter could be more your fancy, or enjoy a water immunity to deal with Bulky Water types that don't use SE coverage. You'll likely prefer Dry Skin for the rain viability, but Growth is there to punish sun teams. Intimidate is just good in general.

Cradily @ Salac Berry
Ability: Dry Skin/Suction Cups/Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpA / 8 SpD
Minus Atk nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seeds
- Giga Drain
- Substitute

Hypno
Type:
Psychic/Rock
Ability: Insomnia, Solid Rock (Regenerator)
Stats: 115/50/80/123/105/97 (BST: 570)
New Moves: Power Gem, Sludge Wave, Vacuum Wave
Niche: Special Rock cleaner I guess? Having insane SpDef under sand, and great defenses vs SE moves with Solid Rock, Hypno uses a rare STAB Combo of Rock/Psychic and is the only NPer who would actually use Power Gem honestly. If you're too slow, Vacuum Wave can get the rush on some steel type who thinks to wall you. If you can't sweep, regenerate will let you build back up for next time.

Last edited:

Pokemon: Sudowoodo
Type
BST: 115(+45)/123(+23)/115/54(+24)/80(+15)/33(+3) (520)
Abilities: Sap Sipper, Rock Head, Solid Rock
New Moves: Leech Seed, Synthesis, Wild Charge
Justification/Niche: Sudowoodo became more of a tree when it became pat grass type. It have some pretty good abilities. With Leech Seed and Synthesis, it finally got some reliable recovery. Wild Charge may not be the best option for it due to it hitting the same types as it STABs does. But it is worth having anyway.

Pokemon: Sawk
Type
: Rock/Fighting
BST: 85(+10)/140(+15)/85(+10)/30/85(+10)/92(+7) (517)
Abilities: Sand Rush, Sand Force, Reckless
New Moves: Sandstorm, Head Smash, High Jump Kick
Removed Moves: Bulk up, Power Punch
Justification/Niche: A very good wallbreaker. With base 140 attack and good speed, the damage outpost from this pokemon can be outstanding. It have access to three great abilities. Sand Rush help become a fast sweeper. Sand Force allows it rock type moves to reach new heights. Reckless allow a couple of moves, namely High Jump Kick and Head Smash, to get boosted.

Pokemon: Oranguru
Type
: Rock/Psychic
BST: 105(+15)/60/95(+15)/110(+20)/125(+15)/65(+5) (560)
Abilities: Sand Stream, Fur Coat, Analytic
New Moves: Power Gem, Earth Power, Slack Off
Justification/Niche: This rocky monkey have good bulk and a usable Special Attack. Under sand, it already high Special Defense get boosted even further. While running Fur Coat, it can eat up physical hits better. With Analytic, it can function more of a bulky sweeper role due to the boost Analytic gives.

Pokemon: Cacturne
Type: Rock/Grass
BST: 90(+20)/125(+10)/70(+10)/125(+10)/70(+10)/90(+35) (BST: 570)
Abilities: Sand Rush/Sturdy/Water Absorb (HA)
New Moves: Head Smash, Power Gem, Stealth Rock
Justification/Niche: A mixed sand sweeper that can also function as a lead to set hazards. Grass/Rock/Dark/Fighting coverage is nearly unresisted, 90 base speed scarfed allows for it to outspeed anything under 252 Timid base 160 speed and speed tie with 252 neutral base 180 when Timid (Barely outspeeds Timid 140 and ties with neutral 160 if neutral), and Sturdy gives it a guaranteed turn to set up rocks. However, its physical movepool is rather lacking.
Sample Movesets:
Sand Rush revenge killer
Cacturne @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Modest nature
- Energy Ball/Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Power Gem
- Focus Blast
Lead
Cacturne @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Power Gem

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist

Pokemon: Necrozma
Type: Rock/Psychic
Stats: 101/103/101/127/79/59 BST: 570
Abilities: Prism Armor
New Moves: Psycho Shift, Ancient Power, Thunderbolt
Justification/Niche: Necrozma is a somewhat slow and bulky Special Attacker which often relies on its higher stats to kill, and with Prism Armor, it can take SE hits while it sets up. giving Psychic/Rock certainly supports its crystalline appearance and its heavy rock oriented movepool, allowing it to dish out STAB Physical Moves as well, since its only useful Rock-type Special move is Power Gem. Giving it Ancient Power gives it another Special Stab, as well as allowing it to mix with Stored Power. (and hey! i kept all the base stats prime!)
Necrozma @ Assault Vest
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Ancient Power
- Stored Power
- Photon Geyser
- Stone Edge

Pokemon: Tangrowth
Type: Rock/Grass
Stats: 100/100/125/120(+10)/55(+5)/70(+20) BST: 570
Abilities: Sand Rush/Sand Stream/Regenerator
New Moves: Sandstorm, Head Smash, Recover
Removed Moves: Morning Sun
Justification/Niche: A monster under weather. Sandstorm gives it a great niche by giving it a pleasant SpD boost to its low base stat. and if using sand rush, makes it a super fast sweeper capable of using Head Smash and Giga Drain to deliver hard hits.
Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sandstorm
- Head Smash
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Pokemon:
Type:
Rock/Fighting
Stats: 92(+20)/135(+30)/125(+10)/54/106(+10)/68 BST: 570
Abilities: Tough Claws/Sniper/Mold Breaker
New Moves: Sacred Sword, Ice Punch, Fire Punch
Justification/Niche: A Shell Smash set up and sweeper designed to breath through walls easily. its new set of moves allow it to both hit pokemon with raised defenses, or for coverage, as it is now weak to Grass, Steel, and Ground. Mold Breaker gives it advantage over Unaware and the likes, and Tough Claws and Sniper make for harder hits for moves like Night Slash or Cross Chop, which is now STAB boosted.
Barbaracle @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge

Samtendo09 Hmmm.. yeah I messed up. I must have confused it with the Poison slate when Musharna won. Yeah I'll do that next- sorry about that! Thanks for bringing that up!

and yes Cofaiclus please change Rampardos since it already is a different type now

Also my entry:

Pokemon: Sudowoodo
Type
BST: 70/125/115/40/95/125
Abilities: Skill Link/No Guard/Rock Head
New Moves: Power Whip, Bullet Seed, Rock Blast
Justification/Niche: Sudowoodo already has some Grass moves, so he felt perfect to be upgraded to this new type. The combo patches up some weaknesses like Water and Ground, so less weaknesses are great. You could go a few ways with Rock/Grass Sudowoodo- a fast anti-Sash/Substitute Skill Link abuser with Bullet Seed/Rock Blast, a No Guard abuser with Power Whip/Stone Edge or a Rock Head damage dealer with Head Smash and Wood Hammer, now with improved secondary STAB. Buffed Special Defense is greatly appreciated, and with improved Speed it can finally use its interesting moveset more effectively.

Pokemon: Golem
Type
: Rock/Fighting
BST: 80/130/130/40/70/120
Abilities: Tough Claws/Moxie/Scrappy
New Moves: Accelrock, Mach Punch, Close Combat
Justification/Niche: Behold the momentum-building bolder that is Rock/Fighting Golem! Like how a boulder becomes faster and does more damage once it starts rolling, this Golem's main niche is picking off weakened targets with either Tough Claws boosted priority (look at those arms!) or gain Moxie boosts as it finishes off foes one by one. A boost in speed means it's no slouch when attacking normally, as it can fire off Close Combats with its nice Attack stat and Scrappy. Scrappy also means someone's going to take some big damage with Explosion after it finishes up its cleaning role or when health is low.

Pokemon: Grumpig
Type
: Rock/Psychic
BST: 80/45/100/125/110/110
Abilities: Thick Fat/Unaware/Sand Stream
New Moves: Shore Up, Topsy Turvy, Aura Sphere
Justification/Niche: Have fun breaking this thing's special defense in sand! Using Calm Mind in Sand would make it almost untouchable in the special side- however, it's multiple weaknesses help balance this somewhat. That said, you can take advantage of the weaknesses by using Weakness Policy- maybe with Unaware, as a stopgap against powered-up special sweepers. Shore Up gives it reliable recovery while Topsy Turvy could be an interesting option against boosted opponents. It also has Heal Bell for team support. Aura Sphere is a coverage move against Dark types. Its boosted special attack is necessary to offset Power Gem's low base power.

Last edited:

Pokemon: Claydol
Type:

BST:
100 Hp (+40)/70 Atk/120 Def (+15)/100 SpA (+30)/120 SpD/60 Spe (-15)=570 BST (+70)
Abilities:
Levitate / Sand Stream / Regenerator (HA)
New Moves: Power Gem, Recover & Volt Switch
Removed Moves: N/A
Justification/Niche: Time to abuse dat Levitate bois. Rock/Psychic is such an interesting defensive typing at times (yeah, i know it has 7 weaknesses, ok?) and it supposed to be a doll made of rocks or something like that, ig? Anyways, everything that made it suck before now is fixed: now it has a much better 100/120/120 overall bulk, access to recover to not insta-die, decent offensive presence thanks to its new 100 SpA, access to 2 new useful abilities on Sand Stream and Regenerator. It also gets lower speed, which helps it to be a great TR setter with access to Stealth Rock and a pivoting move on Volt Switch.
Sample moveset:

Pokemon: Scrafty
Type:

BST:
80 Hp/130 Atk/105 Def/40 SpA/105 SpD/110 Spe
Abilities: Intimidate / Moxie / Rock Head (HA)
New Moves: Stealth Rock, Mach Punch & Accelerock.
Removed Moves: N/A
Justification/Niche:
Sample moveset:

Last edited:
Voting is now open!

Please use this format and remember to have a vote for each category and remember, you can't vote for yourself. Anyone can vote though!

Rock/Fighting: Member's Pokemon
Rock/Grass: Member's Pokemon
Rock/Psychic: Member's Pokemon

Voting ends on the 22nd of January

Holy crap people were right when we forgot the Psychic slate! If you're still looking to to continue the pattern of Mono-type, Existing typing, non-existing typing, then I found ONLY ONE type combo left that has Psychic in it and exists on nothing, which is Psychic / Bug.
Now, I have not visited this Pet Mod in a long time, and that was because I thought the Pokemon choices for each typing were weird. I personally thought it was weird to have the two Lycanroc forms not sharing any typings, that Volcanion didn't get STAB on its signature move anymore, or how Luxray deserves to be an Ice-Type because of its color scheme.

But these problems were caused by how I viewed it. My views said that some things should be a certain way, like "Primeape has no business being an Electric-Type! What kind of person would think that's ok?" (hey I voted it at the time, but that's because the other option was Mienshao) but to some other people, they probably think its totally ok for that. I realize stuff like this is just as comparable as the Various Alolan Formes in that Mod (I could imagine someone thinking how a Ghost / Ground Pidgeot is so wierd), or how different the Eternal Formes are (With the craziest things like Ivysaur loosing its Grass Typing)

I also took some time to look at the winning submissions and to admire how amazing they are, and what clever ideas the people who made them used. I realize how these are comparable to some of mine (like for example, one of my ideas was a fast and frail Pokemon with 95 Attack and Huge Power that would be balanced by it's crappy Bug / Grass typing) and I think it would be cool to give this mod a shot again, especially now that I know you're supposed to make a Pokemon who makes the best niche around it's typing instead of straight up buffing something.

for those reading this, this is in no way meant to be rude to anyone whatsoever.

Also, are we allowed to talk about how some of the winning subs may be either too broken or too under-powered?

EDIT: I also find it Hilarious that in regular Pokemon, Rampardos has the Single Type while Bastiodon has the Dual Type, and in this mod, that's reversed, giving Rampardos the Dual Type and Bastiodon the Single Type (it would have been even better if Rampardos was Rock / Steel, but it's cool the way it is)

Holy crap people were right when we forgot the Psychic slate! If you're still looking to to continue the pattern of Mono-type, Existing typing, non-existing typing, then I found ONLY ONE type combo left that has Psychic in it and exists on nothing, which is Psychic / Bug.
Now, I have not visited this Pet Mod in a long time, and that was because I thought the Pokemon choices for each typing were weird. I personally thought it was weird to have the two Lycanroc forms not sharing any typings, that Volcanion didn't get STAB on its signature move anymore, or how Luxray deserves to be an Ice-Type because of its color scheme.

But these problems were caused by how I viewed it. My views said that some things should be a certain way, like "Primeape has no business being an Electric-Type! What kind of person would think that's ok?" (hey I voted it at the time, but that's because the other option was Mienshao) but to some other people, they probably think its totally ok for that. I realize stuff like this is just as comparable as the Various Alolan Formes in that Mod (I could imagine someone thinking how a Ghost / Ground Pidgeot is so wierd), or how different the Eternal Formes are (With the craziest things like Ivysaur loosing its Grass Typing)

I also took some time to look at the winning submissions and to admire how amazing they are, and what clever ideas the people who made them used. I realize how these are comparable to some of mine (like for example, one of my ideas was a fast and frail Pokemon with 95 Attack and Huge Power that would be balanced by it's crappy Bug / Grass typing) and I think it would be cool to give this mod a shot again, especially now that I know you're supposed to make a Pokemon who makes the best niche around it's typing instead of straight up buffing something.

for those reading this, this is in no way meant to be rude to anyone whatsoever.

Also, are we allowed to talk about how some of the winning subs may be either too broken or too under-powered?

EDIT: I also find it Hilarious that in regular Pokemon, Rampardos has the Single Type while Bastiodon has the Dual Type, and in this mod, that's reversed, giving Rampardos the Dual Type and Bastiodon the Single Type (it would have been even better if Rampardos was Rock / Steel, but it's cool the way it is)
Yeah, there can be some discussion about previous winning optimized typing mons, but you could better vote =^]
Rock/Fighting: Samtendo09's Conkeldurr
Rock/Grass: Stitch98's Torterra
Rock/Psychic: Samtendo09's Lunatone

Yeah, there can be some discussion about previous winning optimized typing mons, but you could better vote =^]
Rock/Fighting: Samtendo09's Conkeldurr
Rock/Grass: Stitch98's Torterra
True. I could vote

Gojiratar's Scrafty
Stitch98's Torterra
Samtendo09's Lunatone

Rock/Grass: DatHeatmor's Tangrowth
Rock/Fighting: Gojiratar's Scrafty
Rock/Psychic: DatHeatmor's Necrozma (but make it Psychic/Rock please)

Can I suggest another Bug type slate for the next one? Bug/Psychic, Bug/Ghost and Bug/Grass would be cool as typings.
A Grass type slate would also be cool, with Grass/Fighting, Grass/Flying and Grass/Ghost or Grass/Psychic maybe.

Last edited:
Rock/Fighting: Dilasc's Machamp
Rock/Grass: DatHeatmore's Tangrowth

Stitch98 I'll have to do Psychic next since I missed it but I will be doing Bug/Psychic at least. I'll go down the order of the 1st round just so I don't miss any types again but I have been planning to do those type combos when the type comes anyway :)

CoolMan6001 Hi welcome back! Sure discussion would be lovely to help liven things up. But yes some of the winners are just the results of people's votes so some might seem over or underpowered than expected but I suppose we don't really get a true sense until there actually is a way to test things out.

Reserving Psychic/Bug Mothim.

Pokémon: Mothim
Type:

Abilities: Magic Guard / Tinted Lens | HA: Compound Eyes
Old Stats: 70/94/50/94/50/66 (BST 424)
New Stats: 80/121/65/131/65/108 (BST 570)
New Moves: Psyshock, Thunder, Sleep Powder
Justification/Niche: A special sweeper, with immunity to hazards, Toxic and Burn damage, QD to setup and a good movepool. A combination of Compound Eyes+Sleep Powder+Quiver Dance can allow it to setup freely in front of the enemy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)