Battle Spot Type synergy core

PERFECT TYPE SYNERGY CORE
Hydreigon Aegislash Lopunny Heatran Togekiss Gastrodon

Hey, I decided to make a new team that focuses on creating perfect type synergy, while also still using relevant pokemon that can deal with common threats. I started of with aegislash/hydreigon because they are both strong pokemon and have the unique ability to be the only combo of two pokemon that resist every type there is. After that i quickly saw mega lopunny as a good addition to the core because it is immune to ghost so can even better switch into shadow balls from gengar and the like for aegislash and hydreigon can switch into psychic moves that threathen mega lopunny.

After this core of three pokemon i saw fairy pokemon could potentially still be a problem since hydreigon and lopunny are weak to it and tried to have even better type synergy so added heatran to the core who also could switch into fire moves aimed at aegislash.

Then since garchomp became a bit of a problem i added togekiss that also synergised well with heatran and aegislash because they could switch into poison attacks.

Last I saw a electric weakness in togekiss and a water weakness in heatran that could be easily exploited by gastrodon.

Hydreigon - choice specs
Modest max spe max spa
- dark pulse
- draco meteor
- flamethrower
- flash cannon / surf / earthpower

Choice specs hydreigon to deal as much damage as possible since scarf fitted better for togekiss. I added surf instead of focus blast because of the missing chance and i already have a lot of fighting coverage in other pokemon. It is also nice as a lure as people do not expect it.

Aegislash - weakness policy
Brave max hp max attack 4 sp def 0 spe iv
- sacred sword / kings shield
- head smash / kings shield
- shadow sneak
- iron head

A rather special aegislash that i really wanted to try out. Brave and zero speed iv to be in shieldform while tanking a hit and then hopefully activiate weakness policy and retaliate with one of three moves. I got rid of kings shield to have extra coverage in head smash so it deals with charizard, volcarona and talonflame as well. I always like physical aegislash as my opponent not predict it a lot and it synergizes well with hydreigon already being specially attacking.

Lopunny - mega stone
Jolly max speed max att 4 def
- ice punch
- high jump kick
- return
- fake out

Max speed lopunny to outspeed as much as possible than rest in attack. Pretty straightforward. Deals with kanghaskan as fake out and hjk KO if I recall correctly.

Heatran - Leftovers
Timid max hp max sp def
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Protect
- Earthpower

I wanted Heatran mainly as a specially bulky mon to switch into fairy pokemon and fire pokemon like gardevoir and char y. Therefore leftovers seemed like a good idea combined with magma storm that traps and slowly chips away hp. Ancientpower to hit char y and earthpower to have nice ground/rock coverage. As heatran already counters those pokemon anyway toxicstall with leftovers is far more effective.

Togekiss - choice scarf
Timid max speed max spa
- aura sphere / fire blast
- air slash
- dazzling gleam
- trick

I imagined giving togekiss a scarf since outspeeding gives it the chance to flinch with airslash. If I do not want to use one move only i can use trick and cripple my opponent. Aura sphere is there to have another way of hurting mega kanghaskan.

Gastrodon - rocky helmet
Bold Max hp max def
- blizzard ice beam
- scald
- earth power
- recover

For gastrodon I wanted it to be physical defensive rocky helmet as another means to deal with mega kanghaskan. I know it does not have the best defensive bulk but scald burns help with that. I also wanted ice beam for all the fourx ice weakness mons there are and decided to go with acid armor to boost defenses against mons like kanghaskan and certain azumarrill. Then recover for longevity which is helpful with rocky helmet to have enough hp to survive another doublehit from khan or something else.

Last edited:
Nice team, man! I love the idea behind it.

First order of business: we need importables! Your formatting isn't going to work on PS! If you have this team there already, just copy-paste everything from there over to here.

Alright, let's get down to the mons! Choice Specs Hydreigon is the best Hydreigon to pair with Aegislash imo, but Surf is kinda niche. I get the reasoning on not wanting Focus Blast, but we can do better. You could totally replace it with Earth Power to get better coverage on random oddballs, notably Heatran.

That's the only problem with the Hydreigon, so let's move on to Aegislash. This is definitely a cool set! I think it works well with the rest of the team, too. One problem, though: no King's Shield! King's Shield is a must-have on any Aegislash, since it allows him to switch between Formes, which is really the biggest selling point of Aegislash. I would replace Head Smash with it. I get that it hits Flying-types really hard, but you already have neutral coverage on just about everything, and the utility of King's Shield outclasses Head Smash entirely.

The Lopunny is perfectly fine, so I'm moving to the Heatran next. Assault Vest Heatran is something I've always wanted to work, because I feel like its Special Defense can be exploited really well. The issue is that it never does work. If you just invest fully in SpD, you're fine on that front. To that end, the item really cripples Heatran, because it likes having good status moves, like Toxic or Will-o-Wisp. I'll let you decide what set you want (the first analysis set works pretty well for full SpD), but if you still want an all-out attacker Heatran, try a Choice item.

Scarf Togekiss is great, except for Aura Sphere. It really only 2HKOs Kang, whereas Kang 2HKOes it with Double-Edge and Sucker Punch first. I would just replace it with Fire Blast again, so that you have more coverage on Steel-types, which Togekiss really struggles with (think Aegislash). The Gastro set is actually really interesting, and I think it will work, though you'll have to do more testing. Replace Blizzard with Ice Beam, though; the accuracy is definitely worth it.

That's honestly all I have for this team. The synergy between members is incredible, and if you tweak your sets, I think you'll be fine!

Nice team, man! I love the idea behind it.

First order of business: we need importables! Your formatting isn't going to work on PS! If you have this team there already, just copy-paste everything from there over to here.

Alright, let's get down to the mons! Choice Specs Hydreigon is the best Hydreigon to pair with Aegislash imo, but Surf is kinda niche. I get the reasoning on not wanting Focus Blast, but we can do better. You could totally replace it with Earth Power to get better coverage on random oddballs, notably Heatran.

That's the only problem with the Hydreigon, so let's move on to Aegislash. This is definitely a cool set! I think it works well with the rest of the team, too. One problem, though: no King's Shield! King's Shield is a must-have on any Aegislash, since it allows him to switch between Formes, which is really the biggest selling point of Aegislash. I would replace Head Smash with it. I get that it hits Flying-types really hard, but you already have neutral coverage on just about everything, and the utility of King's Shield outclasses Head Smash entirely.

The Lopunny is perfectly fine, so I'm moving to the Heatran next. Assault Vest Heatran is something I've always wanted to work, because I feel like its Special Defense can be exploited really well. The issue is that it never does work. If you just invest fully in SpD, you're fine on that front. To that end, the item really cripples Heatran, because it likes having good status moves, like Toxic or Will-o-Wisp. I'll let you decide what set you want (the first analysis set works pretty well for full SpD), but if you still want an all-out attacker Heatran, try a Choice item.

Scarf Togekiss is great, except for Aura Sphere. It really only 2HKOs Kang, whereas Kang 2HKOes it with Double-Edge and Sucker Punch first. I would just replace it with Fire Blast again, so that you have more coverage on Steel-types, which Togekiss really struggles with (think Aegislash). The Gastro set is actually really interesting, and I think it will work, though you'll have to do more testing. Replace Blizzard with Ice Beam, though; the accuracy is definitely worth it.

That's honestly all I have for this team. The synergy between members is incredible, and if you tweak your sets, I think you'll be fine!
Thank you very much for your quick response and ideas and having faith in my team 6tennis! :)

Well, with iron head and sacred sword, talonflame and volcarona, and charizard y and thundurus (and opposing aegislash) resist it while rock coverage hit those all for se coverage and stance change is used still when taking hits and after that giving a hit, but i believe you are right in that kings shield is just invaluable. Maybe I will drop sacred sword or shadow sneak? Sacred sword hits only normal and steel types for se coverage so that is only mega kanghaskan and metagross and porygon and chansey then, but aegi loses to porygon anyway and a boosted shadow sneak hits metagross hard as well and boosted iron head hits mega kangha hard and chansey will be hitted hard by iron head as well... Ima just test it out and see it and i can always switch back moves of course, those moves arent egg moves anyways.

I understand what you mean with the heatran. Which set do you think works best? I dont think i want to give it a choice item since they are both occupied. Will-o-wisp i guess because it helps gastrodon with physical bulkiness and alongside magma storm chips away even more damage? Is leftovers the better item then? Can i afford to run protect on it then as well or do i need to have ancientpower for talonflame? And how important is steel stab on heatran? It is important for sylveon i guess but with only rest as recovery that will quickly be worn out as well.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your quick response and ideas and having faith in my team 6tennis! :)

Well, with iron head and sacred sword, talonflame and volcarona, and charizard y and thundurus (and opposing aegislash) resist it while rock coverage hit those all for se coverage and stance change is used still when taking hits and after that giving a hit, but i believe you are right in that kings shield is just invaluable. Maybe I will drop sacred sword or shadow sneak? Sacred sword hits only normal and steel types for se coverage so that is only mega kanghaskan and metagross and porygon and chansey then, but aegi loses to porygon anyway and a boosted shadow sneak hits metagross hard as well and boosted iron head hits mega kangha hard and chansey will be hitted hard by iron head as well... Ima just test it out and see it and i can always switch back moves of course, those moves arent egg moves anyways.

I understand what you mean with the heatran. Which set do you think works best? I dont think i want to give it a choice item since they are both occupied. Will-o-wisp i guess because it helps gastrodon with physical bulkiness and alongside magma storm chips away even more damage? Is leftovers the better item then? Can i afford to run protect on it then as well or do i need to have ancientpower for talonflame? And how important is steel stab on heatran? It is important for sylveon i guess but with only rest as recovery that will quickly be worn out as well.
Dropping Sacred Sword is reasonable. Head Smash is a great lure, no doubt about it. I'm just worried that the threats you're trying to hit with it are just going to kill you first.

Leftovers is pretty good. I think you should actually run Toxic Stall Heatran, which runs Magma Storm, Earth Power, Protect, and Toxic. It's a really good set, and it does all the things you mentioned.

Dropping Sacred Sword is reasonable. Head Smash is a great lure, no doubt about it. I'm just worried that the threats you're trying to hit with it are just going to kill you first.

Leftovers is pretty good. I think you should actually run Toxic Stall Heatran, which runs Magma Storm, Earth Power, Protect, and Toxic. It's a really good set, and it does all the things you mentioned.
Does toxic stall heatran counter mega char y though? For aegislash, You are right about those pokemon maybe killing me first, except for when they switch in of course. Although talonflame could expect kings shield and swords dances or willowisps.

Does toxic stall heatran counter mega char y though? For aegislash, You are right about those pokemon maybe killing me first, except for when they switch in of course. Although talonflame could expect kings shield and swords dances or willowisps.
Heatran in general counters MZardY. I mean, what does MZard do? Focus Blast? I don't even know how much that does, but I don't think it kills. Just predict, man! Switch Aegis or something into Focus Blast, then switch Heatran into Fire moves.

Heatran in general counters MZardY. I mean, what does MZard do? Focus Blast? I don't even know how much that does, but I don't think it kills. Just predict, man! Switch Aegis or something into Focus Blast, then switch Heatran into Fire moves.
Yes ok i think i can do that. Talonflame also can not pretty much do anything and with toxic it will die at a certain moment. Thanks! Volcarona also will die from a boosted lava plume i guess so that rock type coverage is pretty much not necessary.

hmm. How do you do with Azu? The best answers are Toge, Aegi, and Gastrodon, but none of those are that good. Toge rarely ever 3hkos Sitrus Azu, so a good chance it'll get a PR and then ab Aqua Jet, at least, off. That combo puts you at very low health. CB Azu is a bit easier to flinch stall, but has a good chance to ohko with PR(put last 4 evs in HP to change that chance from 56.3% to 50%.)

Aegi can always 2hko with a combination of two Iron Heads then Shadow Sneak, but dies to Knock Off in blade form, with a small chance to die to Waterfall. Knock Off is less than 50% of Azu, but actually on slightly more than Superpower.

Gastrodon only has an 88% chance to 4hko after Sitrus, though I guess it's a guaranteed 4hko afer helmet for all the good tht does. Azu has a 77.2% chance to 2hko with PR if it's a Sitrus berry set that didn't manage to use BD(tho it certainly can on Gastro,) and ofc guaranteed 2hko if CB.

Something to watch out for

hmm. How do you do with Azu? The best answers are Toge, Aegi, and Gastrodon, but none of those are that good. Toge rarely ever 3hkos Sitrus Azu, so a good chance it'll get a PR and then ab Aqua Jet, at least, off. That combo puts you at very low health. CB Azu is a bit easier to flinch stall, but has a good chance to ohko with PR(put last 4 evs in HP to change that chance from 56.3% to 50%.)

Aegi can always 2hko with a combination of two Iron Heads then Shadow Sneak, but dies to Knock Off in blade form, with a small chance to die to Waterfall. Knock Off is less than 50% of Azu, but actually on slightly more than Superpower.

Gastrodon only has an 88% chance to 4hko after Sitrus, though I guess it's a guaranteed 4hko afer helmet for all the good tht does. Azu has a 77.2% chance to 2hko with PR if it's a Sitrus berry set that didn't manage to use BD(tho it certainly can on Gastro,) and ofc guaranteed 2hko if CB.

Something to watch out for
Lopunny bops it with FO + Return.

Lopunny bops it with FO + Return.
cant't kill tho, and sacking your mega just to do fairly good damage to something that isn't a mega really isn't a very good deal at all. /I mean it's ofc good it can do something, since it can revenge an Azu that's been a little weakened.

cant't kill tho, and sacking your mega just to do fairly good damage to something that isn't a mega really isn't a very good deal at all. /I mean it's ofc good it can do something, since it can revenge an Azu that's been a little weakened.
Thank you for mentioning azu, what aboud sludge wave on gastrodon? Also there is a chance gastrodon can switch in on waterful or aqua jet and get the special attack boost from stofm drain.

well, I wouldn't want a poison move since STABS, Ice Beam, and Recover are all so good-you really don't wanna get rid of any of them. Sludge Bomb is also better than Wave for the much higher chance to poison for so little loss in power.

I think Acid Armor over Earth Power might be good though. Gastrodon is pretty good vs. special attacks already, and Def boosting moves work fairly good with reliable recovery and a helmet. Looking for a different ev spread might be good if you do that then, max Def probably wouldn't be necessary.

Ok I have made the first draft thanks to your advises: I decided to speed creep max 80's with hydreigon and put the rest in bulk, because not a lot viable pokemon are within those benchmarks, only maybe kanghaskan before mega evolving but that is just one turn and it can still use fake out. I decided to go with flash cannon cause it 2hkoes some fairies like clefable and hydreigon is faster so it can not safely switch in. Earthpower is not that important cause i already handle heatran with lopunny and my own heatran has earthpower.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Level: 50
EVs: 92 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Head Smash

I only wanted to try head smash for a short time but if it doesnt work out and i want kings shield that is definitely coming in.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick
- Fire Blast

I really thought about that last move but fire blast is really good for those four times weak to it like ferrothorn and scizor and some other mons like aegislash. I did consider shadow ball as well though because it has a 40% chance of lowering special defense with serene grase but it isnt powerful enough on its own and is not necessary for a lot of threats, aegislash is also hit SE by fire blast.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Timid Nature (preferred calm but theorymon only had this nature)
- Toxic
- Protect
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

I considered substitute over earth power but earth power is better against other heatran and blazikens and heatran is not bothered by toxic and burn because of its typing anyway.

Gastrodon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Acid Armor

Because I dont need ground stab for a lot of electric pokemon anyway because they are flying like zapdos and thundurus or levitate like rotom and i are a bit weak on the physical side still i go for acid armor. It is also a bit better against azumarril but my team still is very weak to it. Maybe if this weakness is to big i will go for another pokemon and will lose another one but first im gonna test this team on showdown!

I agree on less Spe on Hydra(ofc, gave you the idea lol,) but what defensive benchmarks are you hitting? And if there's an attack that nearly ohkos or w/e with the spread you have now, try moving some evs from HP to the relevant defense(assuming it doesn't make too big a change to bulk on the other side.) Hydra has a slightly higher HP stat than either defense(92 to 90 each) so it might help. You never know, evs are weird. One thing I'm wondering is if you should switch EP on Tran with Flash Cannon on Hydra. You'd keep both types of coverage, but Tran would get STAB on FC, unlike now where neither is getting STAB for those moves.

I'm not a fan of Iron Head on Aegi. Normally I like the move cause of the flinch chance, but Aegi tends to like being slow like yours so it's hard to really abuse. Plus you got no para support. Sacred Sword or KS would be better. IH is just kinda too poor coverage IMO, at least when you consider ghost/ fighting is flawless.

Lastly on Tran you wan some Spe evs. Timid uninvested is 106 Spe-and you really should go for the 12 Spe at that point for 4 Spe Rotoms. Even if you don't neccesarily do that much to them. Maybe see if you can lower SpD a bit for some more SpA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)