Ubers Battle of the Week - Week 6 - Voting

^The above posters should be ashamed of themselves. Just because someone is not as skilled as you at the game, it does not mean you should publicly humiliate them in a BOTW. This disrespects not only them, but me, and the rest of the ubers community.

Melee Mewtwo
Problems

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
Sorry I didn't have access to a computer, thanks to sweep for starting the new round.

Melee Mewtwo
Problems

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
^The above posters should be ashamed of themselves. Just because someone is not as skilled as you at the game, it does not mean you should publicly humiliate them in a BOTW. This disrespects not only them, but me, and the rest of the ubers community.

Melee Mewtwo
Problems
...??

Okay so for the game of week 3. As far as teams there weren't too many issues in building. I dislike Hack's team but the only major flaw that shows up in this game was Ttar being such a shitty SR setter. (and his slight dialga weakness) Overall, what cost Hack was the fact that he was always playing on the backfoot and in response to Blim.

Hack's lead choice starts this off with what honestly was a shitty lead. (nothing personal, I'll probably criticize your plays a lot in this post) Tyranitar had a poor matchup against pretty much Blim's entire team. This forced him to respond to Blim right from T1 and, since he lead with forry, he started applying pressure in the hazards game with t spikes. Hack goes to Gliscor, which is what he should have led with, and you see why as it pressures Blim to go to sect and take the EQ to force it out. This sort of pressure is what Hack could have used to win but he was held back by that team building flaw where he had to rely on a lame ass SR setter. Anyways, he forces sect to beam which made a switch to forry a safe play. The play was obvious (and again, in response to blims) so blim had no problem doubling on him especially cause defensive ogre could deal with Hack keeping gliscor in as well as any other play hack might make besides the unlikely latias. (so hack really couldn't do much about it) This keeps the momentum going and lands blim some nice hax on Latias (a mon hack could have used to pressure blim), the hax sucked but Hack didn't really do much to lower the odds of it happening. Anyways, this was really convenient for blim as it meant he could keep things going the way he wanted them to. Hack decides to plus which he honestly didn't have much of a "right" move to make that turn, no matter what latias wasn't going to be taking the momentum back. (maybe draco lati could at least haved forced blim to recover on his turn) Blim again makes a safe double switch as latias was very unlikely to stay in and even if it did it wouldn't do much to forry. Hack tried to get his custap tar in but tar was forced right back out by forry. (tbh that was a bad play on hack's part as the double was pretty obvious and tar would do dick against the rest of blim's team) Repeat of T1 where blim puts even more pressure on Hack via hazards. Hack went to forry to try to pressure back with a spin (and hopefully land a Toxic on ghosty) but Blim wasn't concerned with his hazards, they were just there to force the vulnerable forry out so he could take advantage of it. Hack's toxic does jack and since those tspikes are going to fuck up his ghosty, he had to spin as Blim takes a big bite with aura sphere. That was another key turn as the Gliscor pressure hack could have been placing could have worked with Spikes instead of SR (only Blim's Gliscor was Spikes immune and Hack had a faster one) but taking that Aura Sphere made it harder for him to get those crucial hazards up. Hack then goes to Kyogre to check Dialga which was a bad move cause he already knew Dialga was offensive which meant Kyogre wasn't going to come out of that healthy enough to check what it needed to. (ghosty and Sect's iron head) Blim takes the opportunity to SR and again lands a haxy crit with his Thunder. This sucked but, again, hack wasn't helping his chances by giving blim so many free turns and even if he hadn't crit, ogre would have Rested (robbing him of recovery so he'd be very vulnerable for the rest of the game) and Dialga would have still been around to threaten Hack. Anyways, Hack revenges with Gliscor which give away that he was faster. (although that info is not as useful to keep hidden as it would have been if hack had manged to get spikes up) Kyogre comes in and forces hack to react. Hack decides to sub as he would only risk 25% worst case scenario which makes blim's double switch not pay off. Sadly, the clear field meant that this move wouldn't pressure blim nearly as much than if a single layer of something was up. However, it did pay off (after the pp stall Blim attempts) with Gliscor KOing Forry which meant hack at least didn't have to worry about more hazards and any he managed to set would stay. Blim brings in Sect to revenge the scor without a sub and forces hack to react again. Blim makes a sort of ballsy play seeing as he just had to sack forry to get gliscor open but I guess that's why he did it as keeping the momentum and the hazards away was important and it seemed like he wouldn't risk a sub again. Anyways, that play p much sealed the deal for forry and hack wouldn't be able to get hazards up (making it really unlikely that he could win the game). It basically ends with blim using his still healthyish genesect to force hack out and just clean up with Iron head (since hack had nothing to bring in on it) he ended up getting one last turn of hax with a flinch but that was, yet again, not that surprising as Hack was still feeding him free turns.

Not trying to shit on Hack He Must, I just really liked how this game showed the value of momentum and why you have to avoid playing in response to your opponent. If Hack used his gliscor/latias more to open up turns for forry to spike (like a double from lati to forry on ghosty) and pressured Blim with gliscor, the game would have been very different.

For my vote:
Problems
Blackstardust

steelskitty

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Okay so for the game of week 3. As far as teams there weren't too many issues in building. I dislike Hack's team but the only major flaw that shows up in this game was Ttar being such a shitty SR setter. (and his slight dialga weakness) Overall, what cost Hack was the fact that he was always playing on the backfoot and in response to Blim.

Hack's lead choice starts this off with what honestly was a shitty lead. (nothing personal, I'll probably criticize your plays a lot in this post) Tyranitar had a poor matchup against pretty much Blim's entire team. This forced him to respond to Blim right from T1 and, since he lead with forry, he started applying pressure in the hazards game with t spikes. Hack goes to Gliscor, which is what he should have led with, and you see why as it pressures Blim to go to sect and take the EQ to force it out. This sort of pressure is what Hack could have used to win but he was held back by that team building flaw where he had to rely on a lame ass SR setter. Anyways, he forces sect to beam which made a switch to forry a safe play. The play was obvious (and again, in response to blims) so blim had no problem doubling on him especially cause defensive ogre could deal with Hack keeping gliscor in as well as any other play hack might make besides the unlikely latias. (so hack really couldn't do much about it) This keeps the momentum going and lands blim some nice hax on Latias (a mon hack could have used to pressure blim), the hax sucked but Hack didn't really do much to lower the odds of it happening. Anyways, this was really convenient for blim as it meant he could keep things going the way he wanted them to. Hack decides to plus which he honestly didn't have much of a "right" move to make that turn, no matter what latias wasn't going to be taking the momentum back. (maybe draco lati could at least haved forced blim to recover on his turn) Blim again makes a safe double switch as latias was very unlikely to stay in and even if it did it wouldn't do much to forry. Hack tried to get his custap tar in but tar was forced right back out by forry. (tbh that was a bad play on hack's part as the double was pretty obvious and tar would do dick against the rest of blim's team) Repeat of T1 where blim puts even more pressure on Hack via hazards. Hack went to forry to try to pressure back with a spin (and hopefully land a Toxic on ghosty) but Blim wasn't concerned with his hazards, they were just there to force the vulnerable forry out so he could take advantage of it. Hack's toxic does jack and since those tspikes are going to fuck up his ghosty, he had to spin as Blim takes a big bite with aura sphere. That was another key turn as the Gliscor pressure hack could have been placing could have worked with Spikes instead of SR (only Blim's Gliscor was Spikes immune and Hack had a faster one) but taking that Aura Sphere made it harder for him to get those crucial hazards up. Hack then goes to Kyogre to check Dialga which was a bad move cause he already knew Dialga was offensive which meant Kyogre wasn't going to come out of that healthy enough to check what it needed to. (ghosty and Sect's iron head) Blim takes the opportunity to SR and again lands a haxy crit with his Thunder. This sucked but, again, hack wasn't helping his chances by giving blim so many free turns and even if he hadn't crit, ogre would have Rested (robbing him of recovery so he'd be very vulnerable for the rest of the game) and Dialga would have still been around to threaten Hack. Anyways, Hack revenges with Gliscor which give away that he was faster. (although that info is not as useful to keep hidden as it would have been if hack had manged to get spikes up) Kyogre comes in and forces hack to react. Hack decides to sub as he would only risk 25% worst case scenario which makes blim's double switch not pay off. Sadly, the clear field meant that this move wouldn't pressure blim nearly as much than if a single layer of something was up. However, it did pay off (after the pp stall Blim attempts) with Gliscor KOing Forry which meant hack at least didn't have to worry about more hazards and any he managed to set would stay. Blim brings in Sect to revenge the scor without a sub and forces hack to react again. Blim makes a sort of ballsy play seeing as he just had to sack forry to get gliscor open but I guess that's why he did it as keeping the momentum and the hazards away was important and it seemed like he wouldn't risk a sub again. Anyways, that play p much sealed the deal for forry and hack wouldn't be able to get hazards up (making it really unlikely that he could win the game). It basically ends with blim using his still healthyish genesect to force hack out and just clean up with Iron head (since hack had nothing to bring in on it) he ended up getting one last turn of hax with a flinch but that was, yet again, not that surprising as Hack was still feeding him free turns.

Not trying to shit on Hack He Must, I just really liked how this game showed the value of momentum and why you have to avoid playing in response to your opponent. If Hack used his gliscor/latias more to open up turns for forry to spike (like a double from lati to forry on ghosty) and pressured Blim with gliscor, the game would have been very different.

For my vote:
Problems
Blackstardust
Hack PM'd me after the match and told me he was drunk when he was playing, if that counts for anything.

I wasn't trying to make a slight to Hack, I just wanted to use the game as an example and show all the little plays that contributed to how things went.

It's fine, everyone gets outplayed every once in a while, I got off the wrong foot as you said, and simply couldn't progress well at all from there.

My vote is goes to Melee Mewtwo vs Problems.

steelskitty

Melee Mewtwo vs Problems Melee reads above posts, brings HO, and beats Probs' stallbreakers and no SR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)