Multi Gen Ubers Premier League IV - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
confirming ^

im happy w/ that game - did what i could with a painful matchup. only real misplay was ho-oh early on, and not doubling to lugia around turn 120 or smth, but at that point it was more of nails in the coffin than anything else. but regardless, that was a fun match for sure, gg bud

GGENESECTS TEAM CARRY ME PLS

lost, gg. interesting game. probably didn't play very well but i think that 1 was very hard to win. had a small chance at the end though, if i got a bunch of guesses right. think one guess would've netted the w if i didn't get a fire blast burn previously, but i wouldn't have made that guess anyway. gg though, and honestly gengar is a broken piece of shit, if that was any other mon of any role i had far better chances. it just prevents you from being able to attempt a win with anything. you kind of need two really good win conditions.

absdaddy

Banned deucer.
yo, me and Fortune didn't really schedule a time other than 'sunday', i'm waiting for some long ass time now and i'll be gone later so maybe give sub quick? I really don't want to see this game flipped or voided. Level56 is MIA... dont make me claim act please. The best solution IMO would be an extension.

Last edited:
I confirm, lost vs Tomahawk in an intense game, gg, it was a pleasure! I made the mistake to lose Groudon! Try to come back slowly to my ex-level but I still have to work.
And sorry team.

Sorry team.
Lost to a bad cteam weak to Extreme Killer, Ho-Oh, and to any offense.
As always, my opponents pray I bring a certain archetype and cteam it. If I bring any another they lose.
With risk of sounding way too hydrated for reply to a post like this, I think it's up to me as the creator of the infamous Gyarados team to explain my thought process.

First off, the 4-1 score of course had its fair share of influence on what to bring. When players are up with their backs to the wall, my experience tells me they lean towards using stuff they are more comfortable with. The only time (that I remember) you ever brought forward a remotely offensive team in a clutch situation was vs Tricking in summer seasonal, and I was pretty certain you wouldn't dare to do it here. I would agree that Iceceus is, as Bob Ross would put it, somewhat of a "time to get crazy" moment, because the original team had Ekiller in that slot.

As for some of the criticism toward that team, I feel it's not justified to call off its match up vs HO just yet. Gyarados still provides intimidate utility and a secondary ground resist. Its EQ does around half to offensive Groudon as well. The Klefki+cb Ho-oh is in my opinion the best way to cover Darkrai, and fast CB additionally adds a Xern finisher (even to block) and a way to hit Groudon fast and hard if needed. The twave mons, Pdon and Klefki are of course key in the HO match up but that should go without saying. The interesting part is actually Iceceus match up vs HO, which isn't as bad as one would think. The natural bulk by virtue of being an Arceus forme goes a long way for pressuring Mence. Ekiller is covered by a healthy Giratina-O and the overall offensive nature of the team. I don't feel the standard HO match up is easy by any means, but I do think the team does a lot better than most teams because of the Klefki+Ho-oh+intimidate combination.

Ho-oh is an issue, I can give you that. Iceceus was going to have Thunder but Benbe fucked up the import (not that it mattered). Again, the situation at hand presented me with the opportunity to go for something based off experience with how players react to pressured situations. I certainly didn't pray when I delegated the team to Benbe, I was pretty sure how you would react to having to win.

I wish strongs and outrage good luck in further weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)