Multi Gen Ubers Replay Archive

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ubers Replay Archive
(Takeover Approved by Fireburn and Sweep)

This thread seeks to assemble interesting replays across all generations of Ubers and to promote discussion on said replays. Here you can post replays of good matches from tournaments, with friends, or with randoms. The OP will be updated with replays and commentaries that are of good quality. Please only post if sharing a replay or providing an interesting commentary on a previously posted replay.

Rules:
- Please no replays involving "look at this dumb random on the ladder" or "look how bad this hax was". The ladder can yield good matches, but these types of replays are not what this thread is looking for
- This isn't a place for you to shame other users; don't post replays where the opponent choked hard or made numerous bad plays
- You may submit old replays, and doing so can be interesting as to highlight how the metagame has shifted since then
- You may submit good replays that were already shared in the old version of this thread
- If posting a commentary on a replay, do not be overly critical or attack the players featured in that match. Depth and analysis is good, but making personal attacks on players isn't cool
- Ubers replays only please (if it wasn't already obvious)

=====
ORAS Ubers
=====

WreckDra vs. Konzern

steelpheonix vs Orch

=====
XY Ubers
=====

Steeljackal vs. kebabe
Kangaskhan was a nice lead versus his team; I assumed his Arceus was an offensive variant based on scouting previous replays and the fact that it fits there quite easily (doesn't have to be a Defog Arceus since Giratina-O defogs for him, having an offensive answer to Ho-Oh would be nice as it's a threat in sun otherwise, SD Arceus isn't mandatory but is possible in spite of certainly not being a Kangaskhan switch-in) and since offensive Arceus isn't a Kangaskhan switch-in by any means and Kangaskhan 2HKOs Giratina-O with Crunch, I went for it. Kebabe picks Dialga, a fair lead vs my team since it's not super-strong versus that. I go for the safe Fake Out to mega evolve; I didn't want to get blasted turn 1 by a surprise fast Draco Meteor. I then Crunch anticipating a Giratina-O switch-in to scout for the Low Kick or Earthquake. He instead switches in Mewtwo, perhaps thinking I would go for Low Kick as I had a tendency to prefer that on Mega Kangaskhan in XY (I still like it). He reveals that it's Mega Mewtwo X and makes a nice play by clicking Ice Beam as I go for the safe and obvious switch-in to Giratina-O; Kangaskhan not having Sucker Punch is a fair assumption since Fake Out / Crunch / Return / Sucker Punch leaves it unable to hit Dialga, which is sub-optimal coverage not befitting of a threatening lead vs Kebabe's team. Kebabe goes to Klefki as I'm forced to Shadow Sneak with Giratina-O, shifting the momentum briefly in his favor by letting him set up a layer of Spikes until I click Shadow Force and force the switch-in to Arceus-Electric. He is forced to Recover as I click Dragon Tail, leaving his Arceus slightly weakened and his next switch-in up in the air. Dialga unfortunately gets phased out and I'm forced into my own Arceus-Electric on his Life Orb Flash Cannon. I click Calm Mind so as to not faint to a possible Draco Meteor and to pressure his team. He then sacs MMX to get Palkia in and Toxic Arceus-Electric so as to beat a pivotal member of my team easier.

I pivot to Dialga on the forced Toxic or Dragon Tail, as it's able to shrug off both. He stays in with Palkia so as to get a bit of damage on my Dialga (this would greatly benefit his Arceus-Electric later in the game), likely anticipating me to set Stealth Rock. Instead I click Draco Meteor on an unfortunate crit and his Palkia faints. Kebabe then proceeds to bring in his offensive Dialga, his biggest threat to my team. I'm forced to sacrifice something to the incoming Draco Meteor or Aura Sphere, and I choose Giratina-O as it's no longer in the condition to Defog. We basically trade mons turn 13-14; Kebabe takes my Giratina-O but this in turn opens up space for my Timid Specs Kyogre to get a free kill. He sacrifices Klefki since it isn't doing much for him and then proceeds to bring in Giratina-O. I feel like he anticipated Scarf Kyogre on this turn and therefore expected it to 3HKO his Giratina-O; instead, I reveal the Specs and get a large amount of chip damage on it as he clicks Shadow Force in what seems like a misplay. I feel like clicking Dragon Tail was his safest bet, since it would almost take Kyogre out of the picture later in the game; instead, Shadow Force gives Kangaskhan a free turn to come in and KO another thing. It takes down his Giratina-O after the damage inflicted upon it by Kyogre. He then brings in what's almost his last line of offense in Arceus-Electric.

This could be a threat at this point of the game. You'll notice the conspicuous lack of Power Whip or Toxic on Ferrothorn in the importable, something that I didn't change. This means that Ferrothorn isn't a reliable check to his Arceus-Electric. My Kyogre isn't scarf so it can't take it on, Mega Kangaskhan is in the range of a KO from an Electric move after hazards, and Dialga is weak enough to faint to Arceus-Electric should it attack the switch-in. Had this played out differently, my best bet would have been forcing a Calm Mind war versus his Arceus-Electric with my own, a scenario where I would be at a statistical disadvantage given the fact that he'd be attacking far more than I in the beginning. Turn 18 he makes the logical Calm Mind play as I'm forced into Ferrothorn, and then clicks Ice Beam on the Leech Seed, possibly anticipating a freeze or hasty switch to Dialga. Turn 20 was the point I was probably the most tense that game, since had he attacked I would have been in an awkward position. Instead he clicks Recover anticipating my Power Whip and Dialga gets in for free and is able to Rest on the Arceus-Electric. The game is all but over by the time Dialga wakes up after taking a +4 attack like a fucking champion. I'm able to Toxic the Arceus-Electric and it is gradually worn down. Dialga faints and Kebabe essentially loses. I keep Dialga alive for no particular reason as he clicks Fire Blast and my Ferrothorn faints. My Timid Specs Kyogre is faster than his Dialga so I go to it and KO his last mon.

=====
BW Ubers
=====

Orch vs. Monsters of Men

I've recently come to realize just how good Tornadus-T is in Gen 5. Its incredible speed tier (121, which allows it to outspeed Arceus) combined with rain to spam perfect-accuracy Hurricanes allows it to threaten offense and balance / stall alike. In this battle, Polop brings an interesting Ludi balance team while I bring Tornadus-T balance. At first glance, I notice that Polop has no flying resists save for possibly the Arceus-Forme. Therefore, I made it my goal to bring in Torn as much as possible as he had no real switch-ins for it. After Gira-O takes some chip damage and dies to Palkia's Rend, Torn is basically free to sweep his team.

Sweep vs. Ogasian

=====
DPP Ubers
=====

Ogasian vs. Benbe
I brought a team inspired by shrang (his post on lead Haban Gira-A piqued my interest), absdaddy (Scarf Garchomp for the win), and iris (kabutops o_O). Turn 1, I hax benbe and crit his mew with Draco Meteor, although I don't know exatly how much it affected the end result. My goal for this team was to spread paralysis with Rachi and Ogre and sweep with Kabutops. By turn 16, I realize that ScarfChomp absolutely destroys his team, his only two EQ switch-ins being Rayquaza and Latios. As such, I make it my goal to bring in Chomper as much as possible. With SR up, Rayquaza has very limited switchins. By turn 20, I just start sacking mons to bring in chomp / kabu and basically threaten his whole team. There's not really a bigger message with this replay, just that ScarfChomp is a boss and so is Kabutops.

I bring the Triple Water Spam team while he brings some sort of Mewtwo balance. If you watch the replay, you'll notice that I got destroyed. However, this game could have gone either way, which is why I wanted to share it. The biggest threat to my (his?) team is his LO Mewtwo, while my wincon is Kingdra (it's safe to assume that his last mon wasn't a Kingdra check, as he didn't bring it out). Turns 10 and 11 are really the key plays here. I have Kingdra out versus his Spdef Rachi. Obviously, the safest play here would be to go to Garchomp, which shrugs off pretty much anything Jirachi can throw at it. However, due to the pressure that Mewtwo put on my team (ha get it Pressure cuz Mewtwo has pressure...no...ok), I anticipate his double switch into Mewtwo and elect to go for Waterfall. Although the play would have been epic had it worked out, there was really no reason for Absdaddy not to go for Twave. If I switched to Garchomp, then he could have gone out into a check or simply sacked a mon and brought back in Mewtwo. If I stayed in, he got to cripple the biggest threat to his team. After my Kingdra got paralyzed, the rest of the battle was a formality. I think this replay shows the value of analyzing your opponent's options. Oftentimes, the safest play is the best play.

=====
ADV Ubers
=====

Floppy vs. Fireburn
This match showcases how powerful offensive CM + T Wave Kyogre is, being able to force Latias to flee and would have cleaned Kyogre if not for the Hydro Pump miss. Floppy brings some interesting sets, such as Mean Look + Baton Pass Umbreon in addition to White Herb Deoxys-A, which successfully bluffs a Choice Band. Fireburn retaliates with Pursuit Metagross which was kept hidden for most of the match and ends up winning with Calm Mind Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-59815

Fun one I had with KratosMana that has some great plays, cool sets, and some underrated mons. KratosMana showcases an interesting take on "sun" balance, utilizing Dragon Claw Arceus Ground and Grass Knot Latias; whilst, I used a unique sand build, that, unlike Dice's popular Wobb+mence variant, is built towards a more balanced archetype utilizing bulky defensive mons, such as Kyogre, to pressure Groudon + ground immunity balance cores.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is a replay of Fireburn vs. Floppy in round 3 of the ADV Ubers tournament. While I have not watched all the matches of the tournament, this is my favorite of the ones that I have seen. In particular, this match showcases how powerful offensive CM + T Wave Kyogre is, being able to force Latias to flee and would have cleaned Kyogre if not for the Hydro Pump miss. Floppy brings some interesting sets, such as Mean Look + Baton Pass Umbreon in addition to White Herb Deoxys-A, which successfully bluffs a Choice Band. Fireburn retaliates with Pursuit Metagross which was kept hidden for most of the match and ends up winning with Calm Mind Mewtwo.

Don't hesitate to post replays so long as they have value. Just because a replay isn't accepted doesn't mean that it shouldn't have been posted.

'ello

Here is a replay I had vs my fren Haruno that shows just how good waterceus is against standard offensive teams (which btw is all haruno ever uses so if you play him bring stall). I knew my team was pretty weak to Ho-Oh and Yveltal, but waterceus allowed me to slowly wear both of them down to where Mega Mence could sweep. I think it shows some of the flaws with standard offense which are being able to beat fat things that spam toxic/recover.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-254883256

Minority

Numquam Vincar
I'm hesitant to accept either of those replays. The first replay features two offense teams which aren't particularly solid or interesting and has stuff like T Wave + Rock Slide P Don attempting to cheese Arc Water. The second replay is boring, especially because it's standard stall versus standard ladder Ho-Oh balance while both teams lack an effective stallbreaker. It's long, has no interesting plays, is incomplete due to the length, and has Krau complaining the whole time.

I'm hesitant to accept either of those replays. The first replay features two offense teams which aren't particularly solid or interesting and has stuff like T Wave + Rock Slide P Don attempting to cheese Arc Water. The second replay is boring, especially because it's standard stall versus standard ladder Ho-Oh balance while both teams lack an effective stallbreaker. It's long, has no interesting plays, is incomplete due to the length, and has Krau complaining the whole time.
that's standard stall??

stall can't afford a true stallbreaker in this meta fyi, your best bet is playing the long game in stall vs stall match ups.

I agree the replays were bad but cmon. What's the need of displaying a misinformed opinion by lumping together that team with standards+calling out ppl using stall without stallbreakers in this meta?

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
man 2 am me posted that abomination, dont worry about it lol.

as an aside, i thought this was just like the old replay thread, where u just post for whomever wants to see it, or are u going for more of an RMT archive-esque thing?

Minority

Numquam Vincar
There was no intention of calling anyone out, but Arc Water + Ferro + Lugia + Mega Sab + blob is very overdone on stall builds and it's my opinion that it's a contributing factor as to why the replay is uninteresting.

To re-explain the purpose of the thread, feel free to post any replays you want to share so long as they follow the rules. It's fine to share replays that aren't necessarily exemplary or anything because this thread was meant to inherent the responsibility of the old replay thread. The archiving in the OP is merely just a way to keep track of the highlights. I only posted to explain why those two replays weren't added to the OP.

Hi

This is an interesting replay that showcases the viability of Scarf Xerneas (if it can be called viable at all).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-267342471

My main goal in this match was to weaken the opponent's Klefki and Primal-Groudon to open up a scarf xern sweep. Sub Roost LO Ho-oh with SpDef investment also shines through.

I have also found Skarmory to be an interesting pokemon as it more or less walls Salamence, Ekiller and SD Groundceus while also setting up spikes and dealing residual damage with Rocky Helmet. It is a huge taunt bait (which is bad as the team is actually weak to Mewtwo)

Feedback on the teams/plays appreciated.

Diantha

Banned deucer.
Hi

This is an interesting replay that showcases the viability of Scarf Xerneas (if it can be called viable at all).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-267342471

My main goal in this match was to weaken the opponent's Klefki and Primal-Groudon to open up a scarf xern sweep. Sub Roost LO Ho-oh with SpDef investment also shines through.

I have also found Skarmory to be an interesting pokemon as it more or less walls Salamence, Ekiller and SD Groundceus while also setting up spikes and dealing residual damage with Rocky Helmet. It is a huge taunt bait (which is bad as the team is actually weak to Mewtwo)

Feedback on the teams/plays appreciated.

First thing, I personally don't believe that team represents the status of the ubers metagame well. Ice Beam and Judgement on Arc Water is very questionable, along with Dazzling Gleam. I really just saw a Scarf Xerneas win because of some parahax and it was a borning game in general with predictable plays. I also don't suggest Ho-oh as your soul Geoxern check because if rocks are up and Primal Don is weakened then you get shit all over. I would suggest for this thread getting some good replays from the Summer Seasonal thread.

the reason i wanna focus on this game is because it highlights some of the inherent flaws of stall. astounded has a good check to everything on my team but he still loses in the end. why is this? it's not necessarily because i had a good matchup (i don't think i did) and it's not like i solidly outplayed him the whole game (i didn't).
LOL i had no way to break through rest dialga+water-arceus and ho-oh. If you actually fail to see that, can't be helped

ORAS

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-304965960

In this battle, we learn that Jirachi is the best Mega-Salamence counter in the game. We also learn that Blizzard is worse than Focus Blast. Not really much to say here, just a fun battle between Krauersaut and I.

BW

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ubers-300101822
Me vs. Polop
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ubers-298913086
Me vs. n00b

I've recently come to realize just how good Tornadus-T is in Gen 5. Its incredible speed tier (121, which allows it to outspeed Arceus) combined with rain to spam perfect-accuracy Hurricanes allows it to threaten offense and balance / stall alike. In this battle, Polop brings an interesting Ludi balance team while I bring Tornadus-T balance. At first glance, I notice that Polop has no flying resists save for possibly the Arceus-Forme. Therefore, I made it my goal to bring in Torn as much as possible as he had no real switch-ins for it. After Gira-O takes some chip damage and dies to Palkia's Rend, Torn is basically free to sweep his team. A similar situation occurs in my battle with n00b, as Torn ends up killing half his team.

(Sorry if this is necro, i like seeing replays so i kinda wanted to revive the thread, even though i really don't have that many good replays LOL)

Sorry for the double post; this will be my last attempt to revive this thread. Hopefully at least one of the replays I'm going to dump here will spark some discussion or prompt some other people to post some games.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ubers-314423669

The first game I'll leave here is a pretty fun match between Henri and I. Henri brings the dreaded Magic Sun (albeit with a few twists) while I elect to use a fairly standard Spikes Deo-A + SR EP Don Hyper Offensive team. I lead with Deoxys-Attack, he leads Ho-Oh. This is actually a fairly important turn as I want to get Spikes down to help pressure his team and break Espeon's sash. I win the 50/50 and the first step towards an Ekiller sweep is accomplished. On turn 3, Henri misplays, switching Espeon into Latios. While the crit was certainly unfortunate, I don't think it mattered too much in the long run. A few turns later, I manage to get up SR, effectively taking Ho-Oh out of the game. I also manage to get good damage on Gira-O, further increasing my chances of an Ekiller sweep (which is the main goal of my team). By turn 21, Henri is down to two mons- Recover Ekiller and Specially Defensive Groudon. I have my own Ekiller in the back, a special Genesect, and a paralyzed Latios. My goal is to weaken Groudon enough to the point where my own Genesect / Ekiller can clean up. However, I can't actually kill Groudon because then RecoverKiller will be free to set up on Latios and take down my remaining 3 mons. I get EXTREMELY lucky with paralysis, and after a few turns I manage to get Henri's Ekiller low enough to the point where I know he has to Recover. I get a safe switch into Genesect. At the time, I thought that Bug Buzz was a clean 2HKO, but it turned out that Henri runs quite a bit of bulk (almost 252 HP) and avoids the 2HKO. However, because he elected to run so much bulk, I knew that as long as I could keep him at around 30 percent, my own Ekiller (which 100% outsped his) could come in and revenge kill. The special defense drop was bound to happen, and I would have won anyway had it not happened. Overall an excellent game that I think shows that sometimes it's detrimental to kill a Pokemon. Henri could have easily killed my Latios with Groudon; however, that would have given me a free switch into my other two mons that Ekiller COULDNT set up on.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ubers-313023597

Here's a fun DPP game I had with Wreckdra. I was using this team (built by the one and only absdaddy). The ultimate endgame for this team is a Kingdra sweep (unless the opposing team has some glaring, easy-to-exploit weakness). Wreckdra brings a Ttar+Groudon dual weather team. While the lead matchup is unfavorable, I know that he'll probably SR and that Kyogre is an easy switch-in here. I double into Scizor expecting one of Latios, Latias, or Palkia to come in. The team has Scarf Scizor (which I don't think is too common) and I manage to get off a huge chunk onto Latias, greatly reducing its efficacy as a Kyogre switch-in. After that turn, my gameplan has changed. I want to get rocks up as quickly as possible and sweep with CM Ogre. Turn 8 is when he reveals Groudon, and I get off some nice damage on it, further aiding my Kyogre. On turn 10 Wreckdra reveals the Scarf Draco Meteor Rachi (side note: I switched out trying to make Wreckdra think I was scarfed) and knocks out my Gira-O. However, this was of no real consequence as it simply gives me a free switch-in to Kyogre. He sacks Latias to bring out a SubSalac Chomp. I don't think he realized that Kyogre was physically defensive, as he continues to set up Substitute, presumably predicting my switch. After Chomper dies, the game is pretty much over. I bring in Kingdra, sack my Scizor, and clean with Lustkia.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ubers-315386283

Another DPP game, this time versus Absdaddy. I bring the Triple Water Spam team while he brings some sort of Mewtwo balance. If you watch the replay, you'll notice that I got destroyed. However, this game could have gone either way, which is why I wanted to share it. The biggest threat to my (his?) team is his LO Mewtwo, while my wincon is Kingdra (it's safe to assume that his last mon wasn't a Kingdra check, as he didn't bring it out). Turns 10 and 11 are really the key plays here. I have Kingdra out versus his Spdef Rachi. Obviously, the safest play here would be to go to Garchomp, which shrugs off pretty much anything Jirachi can throw at it. However, due to the pressure that Mewtwo put on my team (ha get it Pressure cuz Mewtwo has pressure...no...ok), I anticipate his double switch into Mewtwo and elect to go for Waterfall. Although the play would have been epic had it worked out, there was really no reason for Absdaddy not to go for Twave. If I switched to Garchomp, then he could have gone out into a check or simply sacked a mon and brought back in Mewtwo. If I stayed in, he got to cripple the biggest threat to his team. After my Kingdra got paralyzed, the rest of the battle was a formality. I think this replay shows the value of analyzing your opponent's options. Oftentimes, the safest play is the best play.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ubers-315465664

Another DPP game xD. I think this one was for the finals of a roomtour (versus benbe). I brought a team inspired by shrang (his post on lead Haban Gira-A piqued my interest), absdaddy (Scarf Garchomp for the win), and iris (kabutops o_O). Turn 1, I hax benbe and crit his mew with Draco Meteor, although I don't know exatly how much it affected the end result. My goal for this team was to spread paralysis with Rachi and Ogre and sweep with Kabutops. By turn 16, I realize that ScarfChomp absolutely destroys his team, his only two EQ switch-ins being Rayquaza and Latios. As such, I make it my goal to bring in Chomper as much as possible. With SR up, Rayquaza has very limited switchins. By turn 20, I just start sacking mons to bring in chomp / kabu and basically threaten his whole team. There's not really a bigger message with this replay, just that ScarfChomp is a boss and so is Kabutops.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ubers-312023339

lol just a fun game between sweep and I, all you really need to know about this one is that I weaken his team enough to the point where Ekiller can come through. Also just wanted to brag that I beat sweep even though he haxed me XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)