Project Ubers Teambuilding Competition (Resuming Monday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
uh since it's a holiday I forgot to do this

mtr is the winner, will add sometime tomorrow jk will do it now

uh

is your week 3 mon!

uh this time building will expire @ 12 pm Friday. Good luck!

The Team:
Old man (Darkrai) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hypnosis
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb

Papa (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 144 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail

Father (Arceus-Water) @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Dad (Celesteela) @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Protect

Daddy (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Pops (Gengar) @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Description:
First of all i just grabbed the hottest sumo Darkrai set from a friend and began. (I also tried using a Darkinium Z for better darkpulse power output while bluffing i have sash, and it turned out pretty well, this set would be good if u would prefer using darkvoid over hypnosis).
Next up i wanted a stealth rocker and got offensive P-Groudon for the job (i picked dtail for hitting giratinas and MegaMence when they try switching in, everything else about the set is self explanatory).
Then i got Arceus-W for Ho-ohs and switching in on primalogre when pdon was active. It also helps me counter +1 megamence/rayquaza if they setup.
Now for fairy check, mainly xerneas i got celsesteela ubers set from smogon. Wacan berry is mainly to survive thunder from geoxern. (u can just check the smogon overview of celesteela to view how good this is, or just understand its a better skarmory)
After this i noticed my team was pretty weak to lo yveltal and darkrai itself, so i got scarf xern in the team and it helps out pretty much. Apart from this xerneas also seemed the best mon to clean late game after some threats are brought to moonblast ko range.
And lastly for my mega slot i took Gengar (arguably the best mega in ubers). Due to its trapping abilities it has great synergy with both xerneas and darkrai. Also this set is a great stall breaker. genger can pick of walls such as toxapex,bissey,cleffable etc with ez which helps both scarf xern and darkrai. It can also be used to pick of magearna with some thought to aid darkrai's sweep.
Well that's it Sorry for LONG DESCRIPTION and bad grammar/spellings.

Last edited:

Darkrai @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Recover

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Substitute

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stone Edge
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heart Swap
- Fleur Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 128 HP / 248 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Facade
- Roost

I considered making a Scarf Darkrai offensive, but figured most people would be making an offense with rai, so I went with a balance.
Since Dark Void is no longer viable, and Hypnosis will never hit for me, I went with a Nasty Plot, 3 attack variant.
Poison + Electric coverage allows it to take care of Ho-oh, Yveltal, Waterceus, and Primal Kyogre, while still being able to keep Fairies in check.
I wanted to pair it with the infamous support Groundceus.
This gave me a check/switch-in to Primal Groudon, Zygarde, and Steels, as well as giving me a defogger in the process.
Lugia was added to keep physical attackers, mainly set-up sweepers, from getting out of hand.
Primal Groudon was added as the mandatory Stealth Rocker, and does what it always does.
As the fifth mon I settled on Magearna, which deals with every form of Xerneas reliably, adds a much needed Toxic immunity to the team, is a Dark type resist, and serves as a switch-in to strong special attackers like Yveltal and Primal Kyogre.
For the last member of the team I went with Mega Salamence.
I had no mega yet, and felt like it was the way to go in order to patch up the Ho-oh weakness, and add a bit more offensive presence to the team, as it would struggle to break (Chansey) stall without it.

Last edited:

Darkrai @ Darkinium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 168 HP / 240 Atk / 36 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Polish

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 36 Def / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Calm Mind

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Recover

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Iron Tail

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Brave Bird

just starting off tbh this is a rubbish first team, I don't exactly do well with Hyper Offense Pokemon
Darkrai is able to outspeed offensive Arceus formes, giving it the ability to force out Ghostceus (or OHKO) at +2 with Black Hole Eclipse
Darkrai is also able to set up on passive mons with Hypnosis, however this is risky and will most likely result in being inflicted with Toxic in the cases where Hypnosis misses
Primal Groudon is another set up user, allowing for faster threats that would previously check Primal Groudon to be heavily damaged or knocked out entirely
Primal Groudon is one of three Xerneas checks
Primal Kyogre is at 298 speed to outspeed neutral natured max speed Xerneas and Yveltal, making Yveltal less of a threat to the core if it is potentially physical
Primal Kyogre acts as a revenge killer of Primal Groudon - unless the team has a Grass type, Primal Kyogre is going to deal serious damage to Primal Groudon's switch in - or even OHKO Primal Groudon itself. This can be used to pull a Calm Mind
Arceus-Ground acts as an answer to Primal Groudon.
Its support function on the team is a reliable defogger, whilst being able to set up Stealth Rocks itself if need be
Lucario-Mega acts as another sweeper on the team - whilst it is incredibly hard to switch-in, it is also incredibly hard to stop
Iron Tail is another unreliable move.
Lucario-Mega is one of three Xerneas checks - however this is a soft check, making it a rather weak member of the team overall
Ho-oh acts as a special wall, tanking hits from even the strongest special threats
However, it is not completely invested in Special Defense and HP, as it also provides Fire-type offense to the team
Sacred Fire shuts down physical attackers with it's 50% burn chance
Ho-oh is 4x weak to Rock, making defogging essential
Ho-oh is one of three checks to Xerneas - this one cannot check if Stealth Rocks are up, unless Xerneas has not or cannot Geomancy, or is not Specs.

Apologies for not adding image tags on first post

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hi yes hello please stick to reasonable submissions that are actually viable teams and not just an unviable mess of memes thanks

I encourage being creative but a 5 mon team ft. the worst Darkrai set I've seen in the history of Smogon is not that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)