Ultra Sun & Moon OU Reservation Index (READ FIRST THREE POSTS BEFORE POSTING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nihilego should get a 2ndary set or a complete revamp. its Zmove set is kinda nice on some tspike balances and idt that scarf really holds up w the current meta, though it isnt completely unviable. ElecZ Kyurem-B should get a set too.

Last edited:

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Nihilego should get a 2ndary set or a complete revamp. its Zmove set is kinda nice on some tspike balances and idt that scarf really holds up w the current meta, though it isnt completely unviable. ElecZ Kyurem-B should get a set too.
Sorry but per C&C policy we only allow 1 meme analysis per month and Defog Mega Altaria is currently being written so no to zmove Nihilego. QC discussed the inclusion of an Electrium Z set in Kyube's analysis and we decided that its current Icium Z set is going to be repurposed to include both zmoves.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey since Mega Altaria is kinda in limbo right now, can I write up physdef Magearna? It's really solid set for bulkier teams that want a mon that isn't obliterated by lele and can also switch into ttar. If it's considered too niche to use, I get it, but it's a very solid set that I think should have a write up of some sort considering how good it is on stall (rock resists that can pivot and provide cleric support are sex)

edit: if I can't do that one can I do scarf gear? its a neat check to a lot of threats to balances like pinsir/offensive lando/etc. and can be a potent cleaner late game because of soul heart

Last edited:

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
can i revamp zygarde

This mon badly needs a revamp - all three of the dragon dance sets on the analysis are outdated (dragonium, sub dd tect, and dd coil espeed) having largely been replaced by groundium and sub dd coil. Cb also was clearly written in an earlier meta

I was gonna cms all these changes but then i looked at how much work it was gonna be and how much gp i was gonna need and i figured revamping it just makes more sense considering the sets are written with those particular movesets in mind. The moveset changes complete fuck the existing usage tips for those sets and so thats why i believe a revamp is warranted

Under a revamp im probably going list three sets

Dd groundium
Cb
Sub dd coil

With sub dd tect in oo, dragonium in groundium set details, and espeed coil junked entirely.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey since Mega Altaria is kinda in limbo right now, can I write up physdef Magearna? It's really solid set for bulkier teams that want a mon that isn't obliterated by lele and can also switch into ttar. If it's considered too niche to use, I get it, but it's a very solid set that I think should have a write up of some sort considering how good it is on stall (rock resists that can pivot and provide cleric support are sex)

edit: if I can't do that one can I do scarf gear? its a neat check to a lot of threats to balances like pinsir/offensive lando/etc. and can be a potent cleaner late game because of soul heart
QC discussed, we decided to not include the sets. We think that they're better in OO currently since they don't really have strong metagame presences and reasons to be used.
Jord-e said:
Mega Garchomp
We're still discussing on things. Probably for now a no but a lot of it is because of the awkward placing of (Mega) Garchomp in general.
can i revamp zygarde

This mon badly needs a revamp - all three of the dragon dance sets on the analysis are outdated (dragonium, sub dd tect, and dd coil espeed) having largely been replaced by groundium and sub dd coil. Cb also was clearly written in an earlier meta

I was gonna cms all these changes but then i looked at how much work it was gonna be and how much gp i was gonna need and i figured revamping it just makes more sense considering the sets are written with those particular movesets in mind. The moveset changes complete fuck the existing usage tips for those sets and so thats why i believe a revamp is warranted

Under a revamp im probably going list three sets

Dd groundium
Cb
Sub dd coil

With sub dd tect in oo, dragonium in groundium set details, and espeed coil junked entirely.
I'll discuss via PM, though I will say that for now Dragonium is still okay as a slash on DD since Scarf Lando-T is still very common and preventing yourself from an Outrage lock is still good. Groundium definitely should be the main slash, though. We're still discussing set order at the moment, and I may use the Zygarde analysis (or any analysis) for something, but at this time I have no 100% say on what is happening.

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Can I write for trick room mixed attacker celesteela?

Will an analysis of Zeraora only take place after it is officially released? Should there at least be some bullet points ready to go for launch day (I realize it's not imminently ) while an official write up is developed?

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Will an analysis of Zeraora only take place after it is officially released? Should there at least be some bullet points ready to go for launch day (I realize it's not imminently ) while an official write up is developed?
An analysis will only be uploaded after it’s released. We try to stray away from theorymonning outside of pure sample sets tagged with “working on analyses here,” and those can be made very quickly. Once it’s released, we’ll take about two weeks to give players a chance to understand Zeroara’s place in the meta through use, then we’ll open the analysis and push it through as effectively as we can.

can i do an analysis on pyukumuku as it has been gaining a lot more love on stall lately and it has some really creative and niche ou sets that are viable in high level play.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
can i do an analysis on pyukumuku as it has been gaining a lot more love on stall lately and it has some really creative and niche ou sets that are viable in high level play.
Hi, at the moment Pyukumuku is unranked in the OU VR so i won't be getting an analysis in the near future since analysis are reserved for ranked mons only.
can i take over LO Zam since jordy quit?
We're giving it to legend slayer sorry bud

well can i add scarf bulu,i know it sounds gimmicky but it catches half of the meta atm while still outspeeding many prevalent threats such as koko and even mlop,the list of pokemon it catches off gaurd is mpinsir(stone edge),zard y,medicham,flynium lando,lop,ice beam ash gren, torn(stone edge),and weakened kyub. All of which would beat scarf bulu but its able to either r kill or just straight up catch them off gaurd such as mpinsir who would never qa instead of return. It also still beats almost all of what av bulu beats as well making the difference in kill power near unnoticeable. Its a creative set that is heavily underrated rn and is arguably its second best set.the terrain also allows it to live a lot more hits as well making it a long last scarf user as well.I think it deserves an analysis.

~edit: also gets specs blace and cb tini

well can i add scarf bulu,i know it sounds gimmicky but it catches half of the meta atm while still outspeeding many prevalent threats such as koko and even mlop,the list of pokemon it catches off gaurd is mpinsir(stone edge),zard y,medicham,flynium lando,lop,ice beam ash gren, torn(stone edge),and weakened kyub. All of which would beat scarf bulu but its able to either r kill or just straight up catch them off gaurd such as mpinsir who would never qa instead of return. It also still beats almost all of what av bulu beats as well making the difference in kill power near unnoticeable. Its a creative set that is heavily underrated rn and is arguably its second best set.the terrain also allows it to live a lot more hits as well making it a long last scarf user as well.I think it deserves an analysis.

~edit: also gets specs blace and cb tini
I am not QC, but Scarf Bulu is not nearly as good as you say it is. Surprise factor is its only use. It is just completly outclassed by all the other scarfers. And lol it is not its second best set. SD is amazing against bulkier builds, while AV gives it a great niche as a bulky pivot. Scarf Bulu is just a day 1 meta relic that is just complete trash. Also, by using scarf, you give up all of the defensive utility that AV provides due to the fact that Scarf must be offensive to be of any use. Scarf is just too easily walled, and needs to much support to ever find itself on a viable team.

I am not QC, but Scarf Bulu is not nearly as good as you say it is. Surprise factor is its only use. It is just completly outclassed by all the other scarfers. And lol it is not its second best set. SD is amazing against bulkier builds, while AV gives it a great niche as a bulky pivot. Scarf Bulu is just a day 1 meta relic that is just complete trash. Also, by using scarf, you give up all of the defensive utility that AV provides due to the fact that Scarf must be offensive to be of any use. Scarf is just too easily walled, and needs to much support to ever find itself on a viable team.
i agree with you on a lot of your points but some seem a bit over exaggerated. Yes it does have surprise factor but even without it it still checks a lot of the meta. If it were to be a known set it is still a threat to a lot of offensive archetypes. The main purpose of this set is to provide pressure vs offensive teams as shown with all the threats it catches are mainly on ho or offensive builds. Sure it may be easy to wall but a lot of the pokemon that counter it get weakened by scarf hammer and hazards. Yes it does give up the defensive utility but the mu vs offense it provides for teams is comparable to the usefulness of av. It does require some support to work but not much to make a team based around it or ruin a team entirely. As an example one team was able to reach high 1800 with bulu(peaking with something doesn't make it good),i also won ost r1 with it and also peaked with it as well with minimal support. All in all scarf tapu bulu is a creative set that provides a very good mu vs offense while having good speed due to scarf and huge amounts of damage, while being able to have good bulk and catch and r kill half of the meta.

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
I pmed you on discord but im on mobile so i cant check replies - can i have Jordy's lele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)