UnderUsed Majors I Discussion Thread

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/underused-majors-i-stage-two-round-1-upper-bracket.3584439/
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/underused-majors-i-stage-two-round-1-lower-bracket.3584440/

Stage Two has begun! You can check out the brackets in the appropriate thread, or look at them here: http://challonge.com/uumajors

Just as a reminder to everyone, this is a modified double-elimination format. The first seed from each pool advanced to the upper bracket, while the second seed from each pool advanced to the lower bracket. Losing in the upper bracket drops you to the lower bracket, while losing in the lower bracket eliminates you from the tour.

Already some really hype matchups. In a fun twist of fate all the 9-0 players ended up paired against each other (I swear I didn't rig matchups!). I'm also really looking forward to seeing how the M-Aero four-way tie breaks down, and Christo. vs Vinc should be a great one.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It has been months of long, hard fights, but the finals are finally upon us!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/underused-majors-i-finals.3588907/

The top four remaining players are Rodriblutar, Stallion, Hairy Toenail and Lcans. Rodriblutar has had an incredibly impressive run taking him all the way to the grand finals without losing a set. He plays the winner from the Stallion/Hairy Toenail/Lcans set. He's already beaten Stallion and Hairy Toenail once this stage - can he repeat the feat? Or will we see someone from the lower bracket rise up to claim the title (and the banner)?

Stay tuned!

this tour is pretty awesome and it's a shame that there isn't much discussion on it. both of the finalists are relatively new to the uu community and made recent splashes in the tour scene. i decided to look through and see the players each had to beat to get there.

rodriblutar, in order, defeated: accelgor, eternal spirit, hairy toenail, stallion

Lcans was sent to losers bracket in round 1 by drreuniclus but went all the way through by defeating the following players in order: zorodark, cyndequil, eternal spirit, ice tea, drreuniclus, hairy toenail, stallion

lcans had to beat almost twice the amount of people rodri did in order to reach the finals, not to take away from rodri's run but lcans beat players like zorodark, olt finalist es, and even slam winner ict to get here. really exciting stuff

some observations: neither player really focuses on counterstyling. they both have a similar style of teams (lot of water steel fairy cores w some way to break cune and then some speed control). the most ive noticed were moveset tweaks or when rodri brought jellicent twice vs stallion.

both players are very capable of winning and idt either has a definite advantage so it'll come down to who brings the better teams and whos willing to make the necessary plays. really excited for this finals

ps. i plan on compiling all the replays from the playoffs stage sometime in the near future since it would be a shame to not have em for the first major circuit tour. if anyone comes across any replays feel free to pm me

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
For those who missed it, Lcans broke out of the lower bracket to beat Rodriblutar in five great games, winning the first ever UU Majors! Congrats to Lcans, Rodriblutar and all who participated.

I'm unstickying this thread now, but I'll leave it open for a few more days in case anyone has anything else to add.

I've compiled almost all the replays for the upper bracket. Here they are:

Round 1:

Stallion vs PokeTCG gamer1288 [G1, G2, G3]
Hairy Toenail vs Pak [G1, G2, G3]
Teddeh vs CBU [G2]
Lcans vs DrReuniclus [G1, G2. G3]
Shiba vs Cynde [G1, G2]
Pearl vs Tony [G1, G1, G3]
Accelgor vs Rodriblutar [G1, G2, G3]
TTFTW vs Eternal Spirit

Round 2:

Stallion vs Tony [G1, G2]
Hairy Toenail vs Teddeh [G1, G2, G3]
DrReuniclus vs Shiba [G1, G2, G3]
Rodriblutar vs Eternal Spirit [G1, G2,G3]

Round 3:

Hairy Toenail vs Rodriblutar [G1, G2, G3]
Stallion vs DrReuniclus [G1, G2, G3]

Upper Bracket Finals:

Stallion vs Rodriblutar [G1, G2, G3]

Bouffs helping me w the lower bracket so we'll get that done in the next couple days and I'll edit it in here. Also gonna try to find that ttftw vs es series. Hope you guys enjoy watching these awesome games

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)