Ursaring

No one made a thread for my favorite poke :( Even though he may not seem like the No. 1 threat right now.....
....he's coming for you

Normal
HP: 90
Attack: 130
Defense: 75
Special Attack: 75
Special Defense: 75
Speed: 55

Abilities: Quick Feet/Guts/Unnerve

An often overlooked but extremely powerful pokemon. Ursaring has some pretty incredible stats that give it bulk and power, but not a whole lot of speed. There is really only one set for this guy to run, but it's a killer.

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
252 Attack / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly
Quick Feet
--Swords Dance
--Facade
--Close Combat
--Seed Bomb / Crunch
The idea is simple. Find a free turn, and Swords Dance. This boosts your attack to +2 (716 attack stat!) and poisons you at the same time. So in one turn, you get +2 attack and +1 speed. On top of that, your STAB attack's power was just doubled (making it a base 140 power attack, 210 after STAB). Now, because you're not particularly fast to begin with, your speed is only raised to that on a positive natured base 108 speed pokemon, but that's pretty fast for something so powerful. Facade is obvious STAB, but Close Combat is there for pokemon like Chansey. Seed Bomb is for Quagsire, who is unaware that you boosted your attack to monstrous levels. Crunch can also be used to hit ghosts that aren't affected by Facade. It doesn't matter that you don't have perfect coverage because Facade hits things hard even if it's resisted. Unfortunately, due to poison damage and residual damage, this set doesn't last too long, so it's better used as a late game sweeper.

Discuss!

With the number of Psychics and Ghosts running about, it would be a good idea to slash Crunch in that last slot.

Well its all one set, but with a variety of diferent items, choice band and choice scarf are still viable as a status absorder, also there is always the option of Guts over quick feet to wall break.

With the number of Psychics and Ghosts running about, it would be a good idea to slash Crunch in that last slot.
stab boosted facade hits harder than se crunch.

man i love ursaring but i have a feeling that with sun around it won't be up to much, since they just lol at his quick feet boost and obliterate him. i'd rather stick to a good old trick room sweeper set or something.

stab boosted facade hits harder than se crunch.

man i love ursaring but i have a feeling that with sun around it won't be up to much, since they just lol at his quick feet boost and obliterate him. i'd rather stick to a good old trick room sweeper set or something.
I ran Ursaring as the backbone of a TR team in Gen IV OU, many moons ago. Even in an OU environment it was quite effective. As far as massively powerful Trick Room abusers go in UU this gen, Ursaring really has only Escavalier to contend with, and Ursaring trades 5 extra base Attack points and a solid defensive typing for an awesome ability, Swords Dance, and a gigantic physical movepool full of powerful moves. A set just like the one in the OP could be used, except with a Brave nature, Guts, and a Flame Orb and 0 Speed IVs. Obviously speed EVs can be switch to HP for more bulk.

I ran Ursaring as the backbone of a TR team in Gen IV OU, many moons ago. Even in an OU environment it was quite effective. As far as massively powerful Trick Room abusers go in UU this gen, Ursaring really has only Escavalier to contend with, and Ursaring trades 5 extra base Attack points and a solid defensive typing for an awesome ability, Swords Dance, and a gigantic physical movepool full of powerful moves. A set just like the one in the OP could be used, except with a Brave nature, Guts, and a Flame Orb and 0 Speed IVs. Obviously speed EVs can be switch to HP for more bulk.
Escavalier also gets SD.

Not against a ghost.
well yeah i was meaning against psychics, and you can always pursuit away ghosts before you try to sweep.
yeah ursaring in trick room really hurts. to be honest, i'd quite like to run both escavalier and ursaring together in trick room since that way you don't have to worry about chansey with a physically based attacking combo and both are massively powerful so if you lose one and still have trick room turns left you can just keep bringing on the pain.

Absol @ Choice Band Adamant 252 Atk Pursuit (Switching out) vs Dusclops @ Evolite Impish 252 HP / 252 Def = 61.3% - 72.5%

Doesn't even OHKO with SR and one layer of Spikes, and that's if it manages to avoid a Burn on the way in. Sure, Dusclops can't really do anything back unless it's running an attack. But Seed Bomb isn't always going to finish it off, and any extra turns you take KOing something turn into more toxic damage for Ursaring. Wobbuffet might be necessary to weaken Dusclops before Pursuiting, if Crunch isn't being run.

In the OP, they have quick feet listed, I'm assuming you'd want guts?
Also why the Toxic orb over the Flame orb? Burn damages you less after toxic racks up a few turns, plus the attack drop is negated.

EDIT: Whoops, confused quick feet with tangled feet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)