Zoroark @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

It's basically one more of these ''Zoroark + one Pokemon that enjoy his checks getting lured by Zoroark'' core, but they complement each other very well. Psychium Virizion is able to lure Chesnaught for Zoroark, while Zoroark can deal a lot of damage to bulk Psychic-type Pokemon that can wall Virizion such as Cresselia and Uxie. Even if the opponent doesn't have a Psychic-type, Zoroark can still weaken opposing walls and remove their items with Knock Off, making it easier to Virizion to break through some walls that can take hits from it such as Gligar.

For team support, hazard removal is nice to keep the Illusion mindgames because Stealth Rocks can reveal if it's Virizion or Zoroark. Defensive Pokemon such as Cresselia and Milotic that can take hits from faster Pokemon like Scarfed Pokemon and naturally faster Pokemon like Swellow and Salazzle are appreciated.

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
cresselia.png
registeel.png

Cresselia (F) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Moonblast

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

Surprised this wasn't here before, but these two synergize pretty well together. Cresselia helps with stuff like Bewear and Nidoqueen, Registeel helps with stuff like Mega Abomasnow and Espeon. The Speed on Cresselia enables it to outspeed Jolly Bewear and it OHKOes with Shattered Psyche. The Z-crystal helps vs Pangoro and Moonblast OHKOes it after some chip. Cresselia and Registeel can just click Toxic a lot of the time and stuff will slowly drop. Registeel and Cresselia wall a lot of the tier by themselves, I think most are familiar with this core already. Some things to look out for when using this core are Pokemon that set up like Salazzle, Doublade, Snorlax, and Decidueye. Some wallbreakers like Araquanid and Honchkrow are threats to look out for as well.

Sneasel @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Linoone @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Stomping Tantrum
- Seed Bomb

pokemon who resist linoone's coverage moves are basically limited to some ghost types like decidueye and dhelmise and some other random mons like bronzdong, and tsareena, however sneasel easily threatens and forces out all these mons, giving it excellent synergy with linoone. even pokemon who only check linoone thanks to their raw bulk like cress, p2 and gligar are all threatened by either knock off/pursuit or its ice stabs. it even has x-scissor if you wanna bop umby too but i havent tested it so i dunno if its actually good. being safe from faster ghost types thanks to sneasel allows linoone to run more investment on bulk rather than speed, which can create more set up opportunities for it. this core is pretty weak to fighting types (especially bewear) and durant tho, so make sure to add checks for those mons

Last edited:

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Offensive hazards core

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof / Bulletproof
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Double-Edge
- Explosion / Freeze dry
- Ice Shard

Both mons make it very difficult to spin/ defog while setting up their respective hazards. Kommo-o can taunt any potential defoggers or just blast them with scales. Additionally, it can prevent opposing rocks from every relevant rocker apart from almost every rocker in the tier, increasing glalie's survivability.

In the event of the opponent having a nidoqueen as their rocker, glalie can be used as a lead to instantly scare it out and possibly get up a spike. Glalie, can explode on the odd spinner/ defogger than will live a double edge (rotom heat, max def donphan, max def florges, max def golbat?)

They both have pretty good offensive and defensive synergy as well. kommo-o covers rock and fire weaknesses while glalie can take the odd ice move. Taunt Kommo-o can take on any non-ice beam milotic and hit steals like doublade and bronzong for great damage with flamethrower while glalie can do some of the heavier lifting against mons like cress and florges.

Worth noting in general that taunt stealth rock kommo-o is actually amazing anyway and for me is preferred over nidoqueen as an offensive rocker. The extra bulk, speed and amazing typing allows it to beat things that nidoqueen doesn't, such as umbreon and the aforementioned milotic.

teachable

Banned deucer.
hopefully I can get this a bit more active

Here's a balanced core that I came up with that I've been liking!

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 92 Atk / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Rash Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Focus Blast

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Scald
- Haze
- Taunt

Pretty standard Teachable core (Hazard Stack) that just so happens to check most of the setup sweepers in the tier while also, typing wise, working together pretty well. Qwilfish stops Durant and Gatr, which setup/come in on Giga pretty freely, Gigalith stops Lazzle, which can break Abomasnow and Qwilfish, and Mega Abomasnow provides some offensive pressure while acting as a pivot/check for Zydoge/DD Flygon or just general ground-type attacks. Pairs well with some more solid ground immunities/resists, personally have liked Sigilyph with it, and a Pokemon that can switch into Queen. Hopefully someone can critique it a bit more, enjoy.

Shell Smash Cloyster + Grassium Defog Mowtom + Specs Moltres
Cloyster @ Normalium Z
Ability: Skill Link
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Icicle Spear
- Liquidation
- Shell Smash

Rotom-Mow @ Grassium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Defog

Moltres @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Grass]
When building around Smash Cloyster I thought to myself what does cloyster struggle with, bulky waters. You know who can kill said bulky waters, mowtom as this set provides hazard removal and the power to muscle through bulky waters for cloyster to set up and clean. Cloyster also struggles against steels so I chose specs moltres to kill and break steel types for cloyster. Mowtom also provides hazard removal that moltres needs to switch in and kill steels and grass types. I found out that this core does struggle with galvantula and rocks support also helps the core pick up kills. This is a very offensive core so hazard support is great

Last edited:

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
Rain Dance Kingdra + Swords Dance Toxicroak

kingdra.png

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

toxicroak.png

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Gunk Shot

Cool core I've been messing around with lately, Kingdra is really threatening with Rain up, especially to offense, but even defensive checks like Cresselia can't tank two Rain-boosted Hydro Pumps. However, a few mons like Milotic and Umbreon can take it on comfortably enough, which is where Toxicroak comes in. It can switch into these two basically for free and start boosting while shrugging off Life Orb recoil and resisted hits with recovery from the Rain and Drain Punch. I think Life Orb is best on Toxicroak, but Z sets are probably fine as long as it beats Milotic lol. The moves on the sets can be changed up depending on your team comp of course, and Kingdra can run Choice Specs with Surf over Rain Dance if you have proper Rain support.

Choice Band Escavalier is a nice teammate for this core for its ability to Pursuit trap Cresselia (at least for enough damage to put it close to Hydro Pump range) as well as Roserade, Shaymin, and Meloetta. It can even tank a Life Orb HP Fire from Roserade as long as Rain is up. Rain setters like Uxie and Liepard are nice to have if you decide to run a dedicated Rain team, Uxie for its bulk, decent Speed, and Stealth Rock, and Liepard for Prankster Rain Dance and Encore.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Shell Smash Cloyster + Grassium Defog Mowtom + Specs Moltres
Id need some importable with the sets you will recommend for this core, buddy. One user may have an idea on what to use but it is important to point what you use to understand your mindset better behind this core.

cyanize

Mantra Good I Casted So Many Spells U Idiot
is a Community Contributor
lemme give this thread a bit of love.

|
/
/

the heat (Moltres) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
- Air Slash

gunshot sonata (Blastoise-Mega) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

cradlesong (Moltres) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Air Slash

flippant (Rotom-Mow) @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Toxic

sunburn (Moltres) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Air Slash

kintsugi (Virizion) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

scarf moltres has nice offensive synergy that lends it to coring with multiple offensive mons well. moltres + blastoise is solid as moltres checks grass types that would seek to revenge blastoise, and can pivot on rock and ground types in order to give blastoise more opportunity to fire off attacks, and aura sphere blastoise can weaken stuff like umbreon, bulky dragons, and snorlax for moltres to have a better chance at cleaning as well as providing invaluable hazard support. moltres + rotom-mow is similar in that the partner brings hazard control to the table and forces out rock and ground types, but instead rotom-mow also forms a solid volturn core and checks bulky waters for moltres, and can provide a way to whittle bulky mons with toxic (except umby/lax/drag). moltres + virizion is, imo, one of the best ways to bring out viriz's potential - with the exception of dragalge (and like slowking i guess?), all of scarf moltres' checks get pivoted on and set up on by viriz, and moltres takes advatage of viriz's threatening breaking prowess in order to clean up teams that have been busted through by it. it also checks the occasional doublade.

|

desperate (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Happiness: 0
EVs: 188 HP / 128 Def / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Frustration
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

close to me (Cresselia) @ Psychium
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Moonlight

not sure why this isn't more common, snorlax + cresselia is disgustingly hard to break, and doublade's continual decline definitely hasn't helped. most of the special mons that try to bust through physdef cress, like yanmega, moltres, and vanilluxe end up walled by lax, and the various fighting and strong phys breakers that threaten out lax - bewear, machamp, krow, and the like - get hard walled by cress. not much else to say about this, except it's stopped by curse lix and sd rhyp. (protip: slap a milotic on lol)

|
|

train of thought (Steelix-Mega) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

time dilation (Milotic) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Refresh
- Haze
- Recover

borderline (Mandibuzz) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Taunt

the quintessential "slap 3 mons on balance and it works" core, mega steelix + milotic + mandibuzz covers the vast majority of the meta with relative comfort. i'm pretty sure you could add any combination of 3 pokemon, add this, and the team would just magically work. it doesn't really need much of an explanation, but i'll give one anyways: milo covers basically everything that threatens lix, from dd gatr to gligar to scarf molt and everything in between, and that frees up lix to be the big fat damage machine it always is. however, you're a bit weak to grass and strong special mons with just milolix - this is where mandi picks up the slack. it provides absurd special bulk, defog, knock off support and a grass resistance, and ensures that very few pokemon are capable of breaking through your team with ease as well as providing quite the annoyance to stall teams and slower bulky teams. i use ib milo cause it's busted at nabbing grasses on the switch but since you have a mandi you don't really need it tbh

Last edited:
Escavalier @ Groundium Z
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Swords Dance

Gardevoir @ Choice Specs
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

This offensive core should have pretty clear synergy. Groundium Z Escavalier (thanks to mofro5 for making me aware of it) beats Steel-types, Snorlax, and Cresselia, making switching into Choice Specs Gardevoir a terrifying prospect. If you're not fond of Groundium Z and you have other means of taking Steel-types out, Escavalier can use a more orthodox set; these two work well together regardless. Gardevoir's last two moves can also be adjusted to suit your team. This core is easy to handle with offense and Fire-types, so address those.

Flamita [Old]

Banned deucer.
BALANCE CORE

Milotic-Nidoqueen-Mandibuzz is a core that I've been testing during a short time, but it was enough to see the great sinergy they have with each other, covering with Milotic the ice and water types for Nidoqueen and Mandibuzz, Nidoqueen the fairy types and electrics and Mandibuzz the ground, psychic and grass types. Besides to set and remove Stealth Rocks respectively, having a capacity of gaining through the wearing and dealing status with scald and toxic and being able of pivoting with relative ease in the most of the Pokemon.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Refresh
- Haze
- Recover

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Last edited:
Offense Core

Mega Blastoise Sprite.gif
whimsicott.gif

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 SpA / 28 SpD / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Water Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Encore
- Moonblast
- U-turn

Mega Blastoise is phenomenally powerful under tailwind, outspeeding the entire unboosted metagame and scarfed base 100s like Flygon, and with a modest nature being able to outright OHKO a lot of pokemon. The 28 EVs in SpDef guarantee that Blastoise survives max SpA Acid Downpour from Salazzle after Stealth Rocks damage. Water Pulse is used over Scald as most Pokemon don't live long enough against Blastoise for a burn to matter, and Water Pulse does more damage with Mega Launcher. Mega Launcher also gives Dark Pulse a 1.5x boost, essentially turning it into a STAB move which is very hard to wall. Whimsicott is the Tailwind setter of choice because not only does Prankster always guarantee a Tailwind, but Whimsicott also baits in fire and steel types and can pivot with U-turn into Blastoise relatively safely. In return, Blastoise bolsters Whimsicott's role as a defensive pivot by removing hazards with rapid spin and destroying spinblockers with Dark Pulse. This core should generally be accompanied by a late game cleaner such as Zygarde 10% or Scarf Meloetta, as well as a check to bulky grass and water types like Mega Abomasnow.

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Offensive Core
2250A394-C6CC-4626-A59B-D90B99899C0C.gif
+
4A8792AA-D15A-4F93-9B4C-2CF731C3920E.gif

Flygon @ Dragonium Z
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Iron Tail

Escavalier @ Choice Band
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

DD Flygon is quite the underrated cleaner. It can just clean up a lot of games. However, Bronzong is a big annoyance standing in Flygon’s way considering it can’t touch it. Gardevoir is also quite annoying, forcing gon to risk hitting iron tail. Escavalier pursuit traps zong and checks/traps garde, removing gon’s two biggest issues. It also provides a Fairy and ice resist for gon, while gon can check fire types for Escavalier if needed. Escavalier also helps break Defensive cores for Flygon to clean in the late game.

Balanced Core
9477C977-11CA-4EB7-A5A0-391E9E7759C2.gif
+
C41CA104-ECD7-48E2-B89D-55F8F4EF725D.gif

Yanmega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- U-turn

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

This one is basically Mega Blastoise plus any hazard-weak mon. I just happen to like yanmega, so there you go. If you have a blastoise on your side and you play it well, it’s near-impossible for the opponent to keep up hazards. This opens the door up for any number of hazard-weak mons to wreak havoc. Blastoise isn’t dead weight outside of spinning either. It can also be hard to switch into on its own and assist whatever mon it’s paired with well in breaking.

Offensive Core
1233E7F3-32F0-4FFF-AE7D-E53F82E8607A.gif
+
66322C53-72B8-45C2-AE97-2320F9CB9F0C.gif

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Entei @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

You can use multiple shaymin sets for this core. I like scarf, but offensive synthesis works well too. Anyway, the idea behind this is most of entei’s switchins, like Milotic or rhyperior, can be taken advantage of by shaymin, and some of shaymin’s switchins like registeel, can be taken advantage of by entei. They also have pretty good defensive synergy, with shaymin resisting water and ground for entei, and entei resisting fire for shaymin. Shaymin also provides healing wish support for entei to mitigate hazard damage and shit. A hazard remover like Mega Blastoise and flying rock and fire type switchins like rhyperior also go well here.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
CORES REVIVAL, SUPREME GOD ALMIGHTY

Offensive Core

Sigilyph + Bewear by TheWall

Ojibwe (Sigilyph) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Energy Ball
- Heat Wave

Baloo (Bewear) (M) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Claw
To explain the synergy typewise is simple. Bewear can handle Doublade for Sigilyph since even though heat wave does a ton shadow sneak hurts like a bitch. Bewear can also catch the Rock and Dark types, like Tyrantrum, Umbreon, Mandibuzz and a full health Drapion, for Sigilyph and abuse them as set up opportunity or drop a nuke on something. Sigilyph can perform as an outstanding status absorber, Earthquake switch in and fighting check for Bewear. The move-sets I’ve been using are moldable to your team, but I found this the most effective in general. Adamant nature is basically to get certain Ko’s after rocks with and without burning the Z-move, for example Cresselia, Gligar and Mandibuzz with Z move and Milotic without. Drain punch was chosen to increase Bewear’s longevity. In combination with an Adamant nature its still able to get OHKO’s at +2, being Registeel. Shadow claw hits mainly Doublade Bronzong and Marowak who dares to switch in. Sigilyphs beauty is that it has a moveset that can be changed to what the team needs most. Tho Roost and Heatwave are practically mandatory, the other two move-slots are free to choose. I would probably slash them in this way Psychic/Air slash, Calm mind/Airslash/Energy ball/Ice beam. All of those options are fine but for Calm mind to work you need to make sure Milotic and Umbreon are dealt with. Psychic is its strongest stab but if you feel the issue of dark types are too annoying Airslash is also a great stab to choose. Energy Ball hits the likes of Mega-Blastoise, Feraligatr, Barbaracle and 2hko’s Milotic after rocks. Ice beam has mainly two targets Mandibuzz and Gligar. Gligar gets the OHKO and Mandibuzz gets 2HKO’d by it.

Offensive Core

Noivern + Doublade

Noivern @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword / Iron Head
Complement each other extremely well. Taunt + Roost Noivern beat stuff like Mandibuzz for Doublade and pressuring the heck of offensive counterplay that can pressure Doublade while Doublade take advantage of many of the mons used to revenge kill or handle Noivern like Tyrantrum, Gardevoir, Ninetales, etc. Pretty cool start for any offensive team

Offensive Core

Mega Ampharos + Gligar

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def or 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD (or the many 300 spreads it can run)
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock / Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost
The most reliable pair to do voltturn the tier have to offer. Mega Ampharos is an outstanding wallbreaker that can be a pain to pivot into and Gligar is a super reliable defensive mon that pivot into a lot of things to preserve momentum. The combination makes it a formidable pair to bring many mons safely during many stages in the match. Frail wallbreakers really appreciate this duo and preserving momentum really goes a long way.

Offensive Core

Golisopod + Mega Blastoise

Golisopod @ Choice Band
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Leech Life
- Liquidation
- First Impression

Ability: Mega Launcher
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
Very rare to see 2 water types form a duo with such notable synergy but these 2 just manage to work pretty well together since Golisopod can destroy the grasses that are generally used to handle Mega Blastoise thanks to First Impression while Mega Blastoise helps Golisopod by providing the most reliable hazard control on the whole tier and pressuring many Bug resists virtue of its tankiness. A solid component for offensive teams as well, we all know how splashable Mega Blastoise but pairing it with Mega Blastoise is up there for consideration

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Gligar @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

I like using this core on some balance/bulky offense builds around bulky pivots, Uxie its my SR user and physical tank as pivot while Gligar its my SpD tank and defogger. Uxie helps me to lure Bronzong and Registeel while Gligar its my answer against Steelix-Mega. I think both of them complement very well.

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 100 SpA / 80 SpD / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Tail

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

I made this core around the idea of maximize CB Zygarde potential, first at all I have been using Zygarde with Spikes but I thought about using with Future Sight cause common CB Zygarde switch in are Chesnaught, Virizion, Gligar and Future Sight help me to break these threats way easier. And Zygarde only thing to do its to spam Thousand Arrows. Obviously Slowbro over Slowking can work as well but I decided to use AV Slowking cause its the best offensive check that you could use against Noivern.
This core its another effective way to find Zygarde potential on this tier with less drawbacks. I have been using this core and its very good.

Flygon @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Protect

Drapion @ Choice Band
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Aqua Tail

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Memento
- Healing Wish

This is another core that I made and I have spamming on some of my teams. The idea its to use DD Flygon that outrun most scarf mons in the tier, Protect helps me to scout First Impression from Golisopod and random scarfs. Drapion its my trapper to kill Bronzong and Gardevoir (best Flygon counters). Gardevoir helps Flygon with double utility (HW + Memento) to make easier to setup and takes advantage of Drapion killing things as Bronzong, Roserade or Gardevoir.

Pinboim3

Rain days are the worst
Defensive Core

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Knock Off

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Heal Bell

This 3 mons have a really good defensive synergy as they cover a large part of the meta since mons that can deal with registeel like Virizon, Toxicroak, Zygarde-10% struggle with Florges, mons that handle Mandibuzz cant deal with Registeel, and vice-versa. This core also comes with the benefit of having 4 immunities. Registeel provides the rocks while also wearing down mons with Toxic and Seismic Toss. Mandibuzz helps by having taunt that prevents most hazard from being set up, the capability of taking items with knock and being able to do a lot of damage to physical attackers with foul play. Florges complements the core with defog cleaning hazards that can be problematic and giving Heal Bell support for Regi and Mandi by removing the stauts conditions that can wear them down more easily.

Hey Pokémaniacs! Recently I have switched to the RU community in order to taste your kindness. I have supposed that one way to let me know a little bit is participating here :) so I will present you a great defensive core involving two recent drops:

+
+

ArcTiGar

This song is from Route 120 of Hoenn's games. Generation 3 had great climatic changes like in this route that always was raining. Arcanine represents the heat from the Volcano, Mantine the wet from this rain and Gligar the drought observed in the desert.

Arcanine @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Toxic

vs MSteelix
-1 0 Atk Steelix-Mega Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 146-174 (38.1 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

vs Doublade
-1 180+ Atk Doublade Shadow Claw vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 58-70 (15.1 - 18.2%) -- possible 6HKO

vs Snorlax
-1 0 Atk Snorlax Frustration vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 67-79 (17.4 - 20.6%) -- possible 5HKO

vs Toxicroak
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Toxicroak Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 75-91 (19.5 - 23.7%) -- possible 5HKO

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Defog
- ice Beam

vs MBlastoise
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Blastoise-Mega Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mantine: 85-100 (22.7 - 26.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

vs Shaymin
252 SpA Life Orb Shaymin Seed Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mantine: 121-144 (32.3 - 38.5%) -- 2.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

vs Noivern
252 SpA Life Orb Noivern Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mantine: 129-152 (34.4 - 40.6%) -- 46.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

vs Roserade
252 SpA Life Orb Roserade Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mantine: 153-181 (40.9 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

vs Meloetta
252 SpA Meloetta Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mantine: 84-99 (22.4 - 26.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Gligar @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Toxic

vs Zygarde-10%
252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Outrage vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 118-141 (35.3 - 42.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

vs Virizion
+2 252 Atk Virizion Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 111-132 (33.2 - 39.5%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO

So the posted sets are standard. They have a very good type synergy. They can Defog + Toxic + Intimidate the opposite Pokémons, very useful in all stall teams or balanced ones too. Moreover, there is some flexibility in the core (Arcanine can change to a more physical offensive set, Gligar can run taunt...) However, there are some Pokémons that pressure this core a lot: Gardevoir, Barbaracle and Tyrantrum. Thus, another Pokémon that could stop them would be a fantastic adding to this core. ArcTiGar has been used by Cookees in its awesome RMT Shedinja stall peaked #2 in RU ladder.

Edit: Because eifo's changes were quite good, I edited it just to improve the standard sets :).

Hope you enjoyed this, cya next time Pokémaniacs :].

Last edited:
Hey Pokémaniacs! Recently I have switched to the RU community in order to taste your kindness. I have supposed that one way to let me know a little bit is participating here :) so I will present you a great defensive core involving two recent drops:

+
+

ArcTiGar

This song is from Route 120 of Hoenn's games. Generation 3 had great climatic changes like in this route that always was raining. Arcanine represents the heat from the Volcano, Mantine the wet from this rain and Gligar the drought observed in the desert.

Arcanine @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Toxic

vs MSteelix
-1 0 Atk Steelix-Mega Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 146-174 (38.1 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

vs Doublade
-1 180+ Atk Doublade Shadow Claw vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 58-70 (15.1 - 18.2%) -- possible 6HKO

vs Snorlax
-1 0 Atk Snorlax Frustration vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 67-79 (17.4 - 20.6%) -- possible 5HKO

vs Toxicroak
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Toxicroak Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 75-91 (19.5 - 23.7%) -- possible 5HKO

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic/Haze

vs MBlastoise
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Blastoise-Mega Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mantine: 85-100 (22.7 - 26.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

vs Shaymin
252 SpA Life Orb Shaymin Seed Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mantine: 121-144 (32.3 - 38.5%) -- 2.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

vs Noivern
252 SpA Life Orb Noivern Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mantine: 129-152 (34.4 - 40.6%) -- 46.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

vs Roserade
252 SpA Life Orb Roserade Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mantine: 153-181 (40.9 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

vs Meloetta
252 SpA Meloetta Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mantine: 84-99 (22.4 - 26.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Gligar @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Toxic

vs Zygarde-10%
252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Outrage vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 118-141 (35.3 - 42.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

vs Virizion
+2 252 Atk Virizion Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 111-132 (33.2 - 39.5%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO

So the posted sets are standard. They have a very good type synergy. They can Defog + Toxic + Intimidate the opposite Pokémons, very useful in all stall teams or balanced ones too. Moreover, there is some flexibility in the core (Arcanine can change to a more physical offensive set, Gligar can run taunt...) However, there are some Pokémons that pressure this core a lot: Gardevoir, Barbaracle and Tyrantrum. Thus, another Pokémon that could stop them would be a fantastic adding to this core. ArcTiGar has been used by Cookees in its awesome RMT Shedinja stall peaked #2 in RU ladder.

Hope you enjoyed this, cya next time Pokémaniacs :].
Hi, cute core. I do however believe the sets can be optimized. I would change the 56 speed on Gligar and put it into attack instead. This lets you always 2HKO DD Zygarde, which is otherwise a huge threat to this core if Glig is "free" set up.

56 Atk Gligar Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zygarde-10%: 121-144 (48.5 - 57.8%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Gligar Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zygarde-10%: 112-133 (44.9 - 53.4%) -- 35.9% chance to 2HKO

Additonally, having Toxic on all three mons is outright redundant. Gligar would be much better off using Knock Off, as it provides much needed utility in getting rid of pesky items. Being able to Knock Zong and thus 1v1 it is especially big, as that mon is incredibly obnoxious for this core to deal with.

Lastly, I would consider using Ice Beam as the 4th move on Mantine, because as of right now this core gets 1v1d with ease by Noivern. It also has the perk of hitting Shay/Rose for actual damage, potentially letting you 1v1 Shay (depending on Seed Flare rng) and always letting you beat Rose, which at the moment just spams Sludge Bomb until you inevitably are forced out and thus is able to spike up with relative ease.

Let's revive this thread, shall we?

Pretty neat offensive core which really appreciates the departure of Chesnaught to UU. Electrium Z is Mismagius's only set right now as it's able to OHKO M-Blastoise with no boost along other mons. NP+Shadow Ball+Tbolt breaks Cresselia, Milotic, Slowbro and Mandibuzz, all of which prevent Zygarde from sweeping. Taunt allows Mismagius to beat non-Crunch CurseLax and prevent recovery from Porygon2 and chip it away. DD Zygarde is broken one of the best cleaners in the tier and it's able to take care of both Drapion and Dragalge, which take on Mismagius fairly well.

Mismagius @ Electrium Z
EVs: 8 Def / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt

Zygarde-10% @ Soft Sand
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)