SPOILERS! USUM Leaked Content Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it has been posted, but there was a leak posted on 4chan in March before the games even announced that had predicted a ton of stuff that was latter confirmed piece by piece. If anyone is impatient for the games and wants to see it I can send it in private message if it isn't allowed here.
This message by nickdos has been removed from public view. Deleted by DHR-107, Today at 12:00 AM, Reason: Leak in March really?

https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/32189824

Nice work moderator

This message by nickdos has been removed from public view. Deleted by DHR-107, Today at 12:00 AM, Reason: Leak in March really?

Nice work moderator
Nearly every poster here has known about that leak. If DHR deleted your post it’s probably because it's old and/or yet to be verified. Strong leaks are in-game screenshots that haven’t been shown in the trailers or data that’s been mined. Some random dude saying “I heard __” is as credible as the people on the WiFi blacklist. Man, I wish Cresselia~~ was still around.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

Nice work moderator
The information in this thread is about content which we "know to be true" beyond a reasonable doubt. The "Leak" (if you could call it that) presented above has had 90% of it confirmed by now anyway. Nothing in here would be "surprising" at this point. I deleted it because it is entirely irrelevant at this moment in time. The only things on here which are yet to be confirmed are the new "Other" Pokemon (which is semi disproven by the cover of the dex book) . If that happens, I assume it will be on Friday. Either way, Orange Islands does not accept baseless things as fact until they are proven. At the end of the day, your post added nothing to the discussion, so I deleted it.

Nearly every poster here has known about that leak. If DHR deleted your post it’s probably because it's old and/or yet to be verified. Strong leaks are in-game screenshots that haven’t been shown in the trailers or data that’s been mined. Some random dude saying “I heard __” is as credible as the people on the WiFi blacklist. Man, I wish Cresselia~~ was still around.
Basically, the above is true. Anything which is essentially irrefutable is good to go. There is a reason why the "leaked" Alolan Nidos/Swinub etc were not posted anywhere on Smogon because they were easy to fake/create and had a lot of problems with their language and information presented. Random 4chan posts are not to be trusted at the best of times.

The information in this thread is about content which we "know to be true" beyond a reasonable doubt. The "Leak" (if you could call it that) presented above has had 90% of it confirmed by now anyway. Nothing in here would be "surprising" at this point. I deleted it because it is entirely irrelevant at this moment in time. The only things on here which are yet to be confirmed are the new "Other" Pokemon (which is semi disproven by the cover of the dex book) . If that happens, I assume it will be on Friday. Either way, Orange Islands does not accept baseless things as fact until they are proven. At the end of the day, your post added nothing to the discussion, so I deleted it.

Basically, the above is true. Anything which is essentially irrefutable is good to go. There is a reason why the "leaked" Alolan Nidos/Swinub etc were not posted anywhere on Smogon because they were easy to fake/create and had a lot of problems with their language and information presented. Random 4chan posts are not to be trusted at the best of times.
That's some major mental gymnastics here, I posted the same thing months ago and a mod removed it as well because it was "baseless speculation". Look at how that turned out, it is legit 100%. You people are absolutely delusional. Just believe whatever you like and control the discussion, I don't give a damn

That's some major mental gymnastics here, I posted the same thing months ago and a mod removed it as well because it was "baseless speculation". Look at how that turned out, it is legit 100%. You people are absolutely delusional. Just believe whatever you like and control the discussion, I don't give a damn
Can you imagine how hectic it would get if we were just going to post any random speculation (true or not) we can find on the Internet? Them being proven right months later does not justify them being posted in the first place.

To put it simply, another user could've posted the exact opposite of everything that original person did, who do we trust then? Which one would you have posted? It's not about controlling the discussion, it's just common sense to only post and discuss things that we get from reliable sources.

I've got better things to do with my time than read the baseless speculation of some over eager kid with a wishlist.

On topic: The pokedex leak seems to put the nail in the coffin for more Alola forms, which is a big disappointment to me. They hyped it up as such a big feature of the first games that I was surprised they weren't advertising more.

Can you imagine how hectic it would get if we were just going to post any random speculation (true or not) we can find on the Internet? Them being proven right months later does not justify them being posted in the first place.

To put it simply, another user could've posted the exact opposite of everything that original person did, who do we trust then? Which one would you have posted? It's not about controlling the discussion, it's just common sense to only post and discuss things that we get from reliable sources.
The one that was posted months before the game was even announced and predicted unreal things like "RR" and "Giovani" appearing in the game and literal *new* pokemon in the middle of the gen, UB-Sticky, Burst, Lay.
I believed that leak even when the box mascots where revealed to be Necrozma's forms and not Solgaleo's and Lunala's.
It shows that you people are just to preoccupied against these things.

I've got better things to do with my time than read the baseless speculation of some over eager kid with a wishlist.

On topic: The pokedex leak seems to put the nail in the coffin for more Alola forms, which is a big disappointment to me. They hyped it up as such a big feature of the first games that I was surprised they weren't advertising more.
It's fake because it says...
USUM instead of Stars
Necrozma forms instead of Solgaleo/Lunala's
new Pokemon
Team rocket
Giovanni and baddies from other regions
fattle factory

alola forms

Hilarious

Are you seriously dismissing that leak when everything else has been confirmed, just because you saw some handbook that isn't even made by Gamefreak?
Other incredibly unlikely things have been confirmed to be true, but you dismiss it because of "muh alola forms"? They just didn't want to reveal them yet.
In fact, who even said that Alola forms have to be from Kanto?

Attachments

Last edited:
To put it simply, another user could've posted the exact opposite of everything that original person did, who do we trust then? Which one would you have posted?
The one that was posted months before the game was even announced and predicted unreal things like "RR" and "Giovani" appearing in the game and literal *new* pokemon in the middle of the gen
Months before the games were announced, how do we even know which predictions are real? We don't have time machines or crystal balls.

It's fake because it says...
USUM instead of Stars
Necrozma forms instead of Solgaleo/Lunala's
new Pokemon
Team rocket
Giovanni and baddies from other regions
fattle factory

alola forms

Hilarious
We are not saying it is fake and then rewinding what we said as parts of it are proven true. Instead, we are saying that it doesn't belong here because even if 99% of it is proven true, that says nothing about how true the remaining 1% is. So that 1% is baseless speculation.

Are you seriously dismissing that leak when everything else has been confirmed
Yes. We've had leakers before insert fan-made stuff among other stuff later proven to be real, because they know there'll be no way to tell the two apart until much later and this gets them a lot of attention. The only way to avoid this is to wait until the stuff is actually proven to be real before posting it (using the latter source, not the former).

Retroactive edit:

nickdos said:
Nice, I never doubted that, that was never my point
Yesterday I posted that leak and the mod removed it with no question because he says it's "from March seriously?"
I have no problem with any criticism, but don't censor my posts.
It was removed because baseless speculation isn't allowed here. You're free to come up with an argument explaining how it isn't baseless speculation, but I think you'll be hard-pressed to get very far.

Last edited:
Eh, it kinda makes sense in a way. USUM starts a year later than Sun/Moon, so it’s more possible for additional Ultra Beasts to make their way to Alola vs new Alolan formes appearing out of the blue.

Eh, it kinda makes sense in a way. USUM starts a year later than Sun/Moon, so it’s more possible for additional Ultra Beasts to make their way to Alola vs new Alolan formes appearing out of the blue.
Either way, the games make huge changes to the version of reality SM showed us. An extra year before the events of the story start doesn't change the countless other contradictions that exist and aren't categorically different from the existence of new forms.

It's possible GF saw it that way, though, and didn't introduce any new ones for that reason. (I doubt it, because I don't think they care about continuity anyway.)

Either way, the games make huge changes to the version of reality SM showed us. An extra year before the events of the story start doesn't change the countless other contradictions that exist and aren't categorically different from the existence of new forms.

It's possible GF saw it that way, though, and didn't introduce any new ones for that reason. (I doubt it, because I don't think they care about continuity anyway.)
Ultra Beasts are said to be based on Invasive Species while Alolan Forms are based on divergent evolution ala the Galapagos Islands. I would believe that they would care more about it to keep the theme going.

Ultra Beasts are said to be based on Invasive Species while Alolan Forms are based on divergent evolution ala the Galapagos Islands. I would believe that they would care more about it to keep the theme going.
But again, even if you accept that as a difference between the two things, that's just one example. There are countless other changes that can't just be ascribed to the games taking place at a (slightly) different time. (And the fact that they take place at a different time is in itself a massive, though different type of, contradiction.) I don't think these games are/were bound by what was/had been in SM at all. I don't know why GF held off on more variants...maybe they would have required staff who weren't assigned to these games, and the new UBs were already on hand from SM (from which they seem to have intentionally held back a lot of stuff).

It is not to exclude however that Regional forms will return in the future. In fact, I consider it pretty likely.
Overally, aside from a few notable failures (cough cough A-dugrio) the Alolan forms gave a new life to pretty old pokemon without needing to just add them 120 BST like megas do :)

And Alolan Dugtrio looks fabulous so we can forgive its competitive shortcomings!
To be fair most of the alolan forms kinda suck competitively. Only really decent ones are Dragon tree, marowak, and ninetales. It's good they gave a new spin on them, but unlike mega forms these didn't really make them any better. Though raichu is decent if you like having two electric types.

To be fair most of the alolan forms kinda suck competitively. Only really decent ones are Dragon tree, marowak, and ninetales. It's good they gave a new spin on them, but unlike mega forms these didn't really make them any better. Though raichu is decent if you like having two electric types.
Forgot Muk too. Its a decent glue mon, in UU at least.

In PU as well all of the formes except Alolan Golem are considered quite good. Exeggutor of course being the best of the bunch.

But back on topic, I do sort of doubt that more Alolan formes will come, but if it DOES come true, I'd be all the more happy for it. I love how Alolan formes can change a Pokemon completely. Persian goes from a mediocre and severely outclassed Normal-type to a Dark-type pivot with Parting Shot. Marowak and Muk just change type and get a hell of a lot better. Same thing for Alolan Ninetales, plus its access to Aurora Veil, which alone makes Hail worth a damn. But what COULD they add as Alolan formes? That's sort of the question now, but I'd rather wait to see more info on this rather than just dismissing this right off the bat.

Forgot Muk too. Its a decent glue mon, in UU at least.

In PU as well all of the formes except Alolan Golem are considered quite good. Exeggutor of course being the best of the bunch.

But back on topic, I do sort of doubt that more Alolan formes will come, but if it DOES come true, I'd be all the more happy for it. I love how Alolan formes can change a Pokemon completely. Persian goes from a mediocre and severely outclassed Normal-type to a Dark-type pivot with Parting Shot. Marowak and Muk just change type and get a hell of a lot better. Same thing for Alolan Ninetales, plus its access to Aurora Veil, which alone makes Hail worth a damn. But what COULD they add as Alolan formes? That's sort of the question now, but I'd rather wait to see more info on this rather than just dismissing this right off the bat.
If they continue the trend of:
-gen 1 pokemon
-no cross gen evolutions
-no mega evolution

Then cross out the gen 1 pokemon that were already in SM (including island scan) and the ones we know about from USUM and, sure, I'll be generous and lines like Viluplume (but not Bellossum) be included. And, sorry to be *that guy* but I suspect all the Kanto pokemon seen on the cover here are probably not alola forms.
Which slims the list down to:
-Nidoking line
-Nidoqueen line
-Vileplume line
-Venomoth line
-Rapidash line
-Farfetch'd
-Dodrio line
-Kingler line
-Electrode line
-Hitmonlee & Hitmonchan
-Weezing line
-Omastar line
-Kabutops line

Also the whole "dismissing right off the bat line"...sorry but like...serebiiforums has been discussing this for a while (side note: i want to die) and it's only gotten heated as we approach the release date(side note: end me) and I'll just leave it at "even legitimate leaks can get information wrong"

Also the whole "dismissing right off the bat line"...sorry but like...serebiiforums has been discussing this for a while (side note: i want to die) and it's only gotten heated as we approach the release date(side note: end me) and I'll just leave it at "even legitimate leaks can get information wrong"
Reminds me of an XY leak that got all of Fairy's type matchups correct, except it said that Psychic resisted fairy instead of Fire. Also I've heard that leakers usually add one or two false facts in lists of new stuff so keep nintendo off their back or something along those lines.

If they continue the trend of:
-gen 1 pokemon
-no cross gen evolutions
-no mega evolution

Then cross out the gen 1 pokemon that were already in SM (including island scan) and the ones we know about from USUM and, sure, I'll be generous and lines like Viluplume (but not Bellossum) be included. And, sorry to be *that guy* but I suspect all the Kanto pokemon seen on the cover here are probably not alola forms.
Which slims the list down to:
-Nidoking line
-Nidoqueen line
-Vileplume line
-Venomoth line
-Rapidash line
-Farfetch'd
-Dodrio line
-Kingler line
-Electrode line
-Hitmonlee & Hitmonchan
-Weezing line
-Omastar line
-Kabutops line

Minor nitpick but you forgot the Spearow line in that list.

If there were more Alola forms (which does not seem to be the case) the Spearow line should be the one I'd pick. No matter what, it's outclassed by both Pidgeot and Dodrio, although it was admittedly not the case with the former in BW and XY. It needs something distinctive as a Normal/Flying Gen I Pokemon.

About the whole "leak looks legit and leaker provided legit info before", there was some kind of leak in SM that got a lot of points right IIRC but some of them were really wrong. And something similar with XY, with Fairy-types being leaked.

It's best to not take anything as granted until confirmed.

Minor nitpick but you forgot the Spearow line in that list.

If there were more Alola forms (which does not seem to be the case) the Spearow line should be the one I'd pick. No matter what, it's outclassed by both Pidgeot and Dodrio, although it was admittedly not the case with the former in BW and XY. It needs something distinctive as a Normal/Flying Gen I Pokemon.

About the whole "leak looks legit and leaker provided legit info before", there was some kind of leak in SM that got a lot of points right IIRC but some of them were really wrong. And something similar with XY, with Fairy-types being leaked.

It's best to not take anything as granted until confirmed.
Spearow was in SM. It even had a cutscene of attacking Nebby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)