UU Analysis Discussion Thread

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Azelf's analysis lists Trevenant as a potential teammate for the Suicide Lead set, which is not a relevant Pokemon and should be removed. Also, regarding Azelf, thoughts on an offensive LO 3 Attacks + SR set being added to the analysis? It's currently OO but I think it's great coverage and good power along with having Stealth Rock to not force another teammate to carry it is a pretty nice niche, which also allows it to get past checks to the suicide lead set such as Sableye due to LO Dazzling Gleam or hitting bulky Waters hard with Energy Ball.

This is the set I use for 3 Attacks + SR Azelf:

Azelf @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam / Energy Ball
- Fire Blast

Azelf's analysis lists Trevenant as a potential teammate for the Suicide Lead set, which is not a relevant Pokemon and should be removed. Also, regarding Azelf, thoughts on an offensive LO 3 Attacks + SR set being added to the analysis? It's currently OO but I think it's great coverage and good power along with having Stealth Rock to not force another teammate to carry it is a pretty nice niche, which also allows it to get past checks to the suicide lead set such as Sableye due to LO Dazzling Gleam or hitting bulky Waters hard with Energy Ball.

Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
I agree with it, LO + 3 Attacks is actually my favorite set, since it is a great Pokémon in HO, IMO it is more useful than the Suicide Lead Set since it can get 1~2 free kills while attacking stuff like Krookodile, Hydreigon and Cobalion.

Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
i mentioned this here if you'd like to read!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/uu-analysis-discussion-thread.3517646/page-6#post-6689259

Krookodile's Analysis is mentioning both Vaporeon and Zapdos.
It says that Aromatisse and Florges are 3HKOed by it, what is completely wrong and I don't think that I need to proof with calcs.
Mentions to Celebi, Sylveon and Conkeldurr are welcome too imo.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
did. I add the missing EVS on SpD to take better Ape's GK. The HP is already maximize with leftovers recovery so i feel like was the better distribution for those 8 evs.
Actually the listed HP EVs overshoot the Leftovers number by 1 stat point (216 EVs leaves it with 385 HP, 385/16=24.0625; 212 EVs leaves it with 384 HP, 384/16=24).

The Haxorus analysis claims that Earthquake and Outrage have perfect neutral coverage, which they don't - Whimsicott resists Earthquake and is immune to Outrage. It also claims Haxorus's Speed is lacking, which it's not - base 97 still puts it ahead of the plethora of Pokémon in the 85-95 range. After Salamence it's the fastest DDancer in UU. It can outrun Mega Aerodactyl at +1 with an Adamant Nature.

Last edited:
The Haxorus analysis claims that Earthquake and Outrage have perfect neutral coverage, which they don't - Whimsicott resists Earthquake and is immune to Outrage. It also claims Haxorus's Speed is lacking, which it's not - base 97 still puts it ahead of the plethora of Pokémon in the 85-95 range. After Salamence it's the fastest DDancer in UU. It can outrun Mega Aerodactyl at +1 with an Adamant Nature - Gyarados can't even outrun Mega Sceptile with Jolly.
First off thats the EQ+Outrage neutral coverage thing was only mentioned on the CB set which automatically runs Poison Jab for said Whimsicott.
Second Haxorus' speed def is lacking as it fails to outspeed common Scarfer like Hydreigon or Mienshao and misses a lot of Pokemon unboosted because its speed tier is just kinda odd so I'd say that statement isn't false at all. So I don't think its analysis has to be changed at all

minor nitpick but 287x1.5=430 so Jolly Gyarados outspeeds Timid Sceptile duh.

Jolly Gyarados hits 430 Speed at +1 iirc, yeah, it can't outspeed Aerodactyl-Mega, but it can still outspeed Sceptile-Mega and Beedrill-Mega

No need to be condescending Ice Tea. I admit I was wrong about Gyarados, and I retract that statement, but the description should read something along the lines of "Poison Jab OHKOes Whimsicott, the only Pokémon that resist Outrage and Earthquake." Iron Tail should be slashed on the Dragon Dance set (primary slash IMO), as it OHKOes defensive Sylevon at +1 after Stealth Rock most of the time, which Poison Jab can't do. It also OHKOes defensive Diancie, who can endure a +1 Earthquake and OHKO Haxorus back most of the time with Moonblast.

+1 252 Atk Haxorus Iron Tail vs. 252 HP/252+ Def Leftovers Sylveon: 338 - 398 (85.8 - 101%) -- 70.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (Adamant nature is a guaranteed OHKO after Rocks)
+1 252 Atk Haxorus Poison Jab vs. 252 HP/252+ Def Leftovers Sylveon: 270 - 318 (68.5 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Haxorus Poison Jab vs. 252 HP/252+ Def Leftovers Sylveon: 296 - 350 (75.1 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP/252+ Def Leftovers Diancie: 192 - 228 (63.2 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers (Smogon listed spread)
+1 252 Atk Haxorus Iron Tail vs. 252 HP/252+ Def Leftovers Diancie: 384 - 456 (126.3 - 150%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpAtk Leftovers Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP/0 SpDef Haxorus: 276 - 326 (94.2 - 111.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Can Kingdra's Dragon Dance set be removed from it's analysis, it's very outclassed by other stronger Dragon Dance users such as Gyarados and potentially Salamence if it doesn't get banned, and the only real niche I can find with it is that Water/Dragon STAB coverage is decent, but Kingdra still has no way of getting through most physical walls anyways and would much prefer using the Rain Dance sweeper set (Which should be the first set on the analysis imo) or CritDra, which both have much higher chances of breaking through walls and actually sweeping.

I would like to add a galvantula spread that makes it much more of a sticky webs support/ sp. attacker. This is because galvantula isn't made to be an all out attacker, making heliolisk a much better choice for this roll.

Moves:
Giga drain/ bug bite/ thunder wave
Sticky webs
Thunder
Bug buzz.

Ability: Compound eyes

Nature: Timid

Ev spread: 252 speed/ 252 sp. atk/ 4 sp. def

Item: focus sash

Timid nature allows galvantula to outspeed most Pokemon in UU and the focus dash grants a turn for sticky webs to be set up. As long as he has a reliable spinner such as mega blastoise (who is also a rock and fire check), this set works extremely effectively. Compound eyes and thunder allows for a lot of STAB strong electric hits and bug buzz does a lot to psychic types and dark types like mega absol. Bug bite is used to get rid of potential berries on the opponent and giga drain is used to restore sashes. Thunder wave stops fast threats such as mega beedrill or mega aerodactyl. I have used this set for a long time, and it often proves extraordinarily effective in the UU meta game, and it works better now without salamence as well.

Hi, person wrote Galvantula's analysis here.

You literally just named the normal set except with a sash instead of Life Orb, which is actually mentioned in the analysis. It's just not deserving of it's own set; a slash on the LO set would be much more fitting. However, Bug Bite just isn't good. It's so situational and unless you're facing some dumb shit like a lead slurpuff thinking it'll just 6-0 you (which it shouldn't because Thunder destroys it anyways.) that you just won't be able to use it too much. Thunder Wave is much in the same boat, being so situational that there's very little use to it.

Basically, you mentioned a bunch of stuff that's already in the analysis and an option that is super situational and not viable.

I was looking at Machamp's analysis, and I noticed that Machamp's analysis is outdated and does not mention a number of Pokemon that give it trouble or competition, particularly Sylveon, Heracross, Conkeldurr, and Gyarados. While the checks I have mentioned are checks at most, they are troublesome for Machamp, and there is very little pointing to Machamp's flaws and its competition from other Fighting-types in the tier. I am not that familiar with the tier, but this is rather basic stuff when it comes to writing an analysis, and this analysis was written in a metagame where the four mentioned Pokemon were OU (which they now are not). This analysis should probably be revamped to include these competition and checks, while also rewriting the analysis to reflect how it fares in the current UU metagame.

Yeah Machamp definitely needs a revamp. The main listed set, Assault Vest, is completely outclassed by Conkeldurr who offers better bulk and power, and has Drain Punch. In my opinion its sets should be Choice Band and Sub + 3 attacks.

I think the overview for Mienshao's set needs to be rewritten. It claims it's the best Fighting type in UU, which it most definitely is not: Cobalion, Infernape, Heracross and Toxicroak are all higher ranked in the viability rankings. Personally I think the sets should be Life Orb followed by Choice Scarf. I also think SubPass should be changed to a Swords Dance set - it can force switches on the likes of Umbreon, Snorlax, Blissey and Empoleon, so setting up isn't too tricky. You could run SD, High Jump Kick, Knock Off, Stone Edge / Poison Jab / Baton Pass.

Also, CroCune should run 56 Speed EVs so it can outrun 252 Modest Sylveon and CM before it can 2HKO with Hyper Voice. The loss in bulk is minimal:

252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Suicune: 154-183 (38.1 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 150-177 (37.1 - 43.8%) -- 99.7% chance to 3HKO

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Thoughts on making the CroCune set on dex 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe Bold? This outspeeds Modest Sylveon which is pretty big cos it means barring crits a healthy Suicune can set up in front of Sylveon and beat it. Also outspeeding it is just generally useful for picking it off etc. and you don't sacrifice too much bulk.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 247-292 (61.1 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 166-196 (41 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. +2 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 124-147 (30.6 - 36.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

e:LOL im so blind mb

Last edited:
Thoughts on making the CroCune set on dex 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe Bold? This outspeeds Modest Sylveon which is pretty big cos it means barring crits a healthy Suicune can set up in front of Sylveon and beat it. Also outspeeding it is just generally useful for picking it off etc. and you don't sacrifice too much bulk.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 247-292 (61.1 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 166-196 (41 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. +2 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 124-147 (30.6 - 36.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
Yeah I can second that, I normally use that spread and as so far I haven't noticed a significant decrease in bulk. I also think the SubCM set should run 252 HP / 200 SpA / 56 Spe with a Modest Nature - you lose to Blissey anyway, Honchkrow's pretty rare nowadays and it hits harder with fewer boosts.

Florges's analysis doesn't have a single mention of it suffering competition from Sylveon. The cleric set should probably be removed too, as Sylveon pretty much invalidates it.

Florges's analysis doesn't have a single mention of it suffering competition from Sylveon. The cleric set should probably be removed too, as Sylveon pretty much invalidates it.
WishSynth Florges is still a good set, I dunno if it should be removed. Florges checks Blastoise and Kyurem better as well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)