UU Combo Lexicon

Have you tried that combo? And does Sunflora ever do anything positive?
Yes i tried.
Sunflora has Solar Power. You know what it does, right?
Aggron was chosen because it can take 4 types of attacks that Sunflora is weak against, while being a really offensive poke, even without any boosting move.

With Specs and Sun, Sunflora has more than 700 sp.atk. It's REALLY strong.
Basically, it was one of the only things i could do to make Sunflora usable without needing Trick Room.

Spike Stack Strategic Combo
(F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Shard
(M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This combination may seem odd at first, but is one I have used to great success on my Spike Stack teams. In the lead position, Froslass gets easy Spikes against everything except Ambipom, Alakazam, and Electrode (two of which she kills anyway), and after Rhyperior does well against almost every lead, so after Froslass goes down, he can setup Stealth Rock. Their synergy isn't based on switching into resisted attacks, but instead, it's that together they can setup hazards on most of the tier.

There are several problems this pair faces, mostly due to Rhyperior's weaknesses. Venusaur can setup on Rhyperior, and Froslass can't switch in, therefore a fast fire type such as Arcanine or Houndoom is a great partner to this team. Fire types that pack enough power to OHKO Rhyperior with Hidden Power [Grass] (only Modest LO Moltres in UU) also are a problem, which means that bulky waters such as Milotic or Azumarill also make great partners to this team.

[By the way to those who think the Froslass set is odd, it is Froslass way of beating countless leads with a combo of a certain attack and Ice Shard. For example, Alakazam would always win, but now it is KOd, and often teams don't have more than one pokemon faster than Froslass.]

I realize this might be thread necromancy but I see this as being a very helpful thread; as such I am gonna try and bring it back.

Offensive
Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Dry Skin
Jolly
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance
Poison Jab / Ice Punch
Low Kick

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Flash Fire
Timid
Sucker Punch / Beat Up
Nasty Plot
Fire Blast
Dark Pulse

With great coverage together these two rip through the UU tier. They break walls with thier power while possessing decent speeds to outpace most of the tier. They must watch out for faster threats specifically those with means of avoiding Sucker Punch

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
For my defensive core I'm using right now, it's the SUPER UNIQUE COMBO of Dragon + Steel

Altaria + Registeel

Meru you have to put the movesets and probably evs. While giving a breif discription of how it works and what it can't do.

Offensive / Supportish
Scyther @ Choice Band
Jolly
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 Hp
U-turn
Aerial Ace
Brick Break
Quick Attack

Torterra @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 Hp
Wood Hammer
Earthquake
Substitute
Stone Edge

Scyther scouts the opponent's team. With scyther tendency to be a magnet of steels rocks ground types, scyther can simply u-turn to Torterra who uses those pokemon as set and can dispose of them. Later with those previous mentioned types gone scyther can come back and clean up Torterra's ramapage.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here's a fun Offensive duo:

Espeon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Psychic
-Signal Beam
-Baton Pass
-Trick/HP Ground

and...

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap (Sand Veil if you can pull it off)
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Beat Up
-Sucker Punch/Substitute

Here's something Alakazam can't do: Baton Pass. Fortunately for Espeon, it gives her some nice advantages. What do people switch in when they see Espeon?? Registeel. Chansey. Spiritomb. Bring Espeon out and Baton Pass to scout their switch-in. If Registeel or Chansey comes in, bring in Duggy for the kill. Spiritomb is a bitch, but bringing something like Moltres in would be fine. With its main counter gone, Specs Espeon can do quite a number on the opposing team, especially with Umbreon gone.

+

[Tangrowth@ Life Orb and Adamant; 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP, Swords Dance / Power Whip / Earthquake / Rock Slide + Moltres@ Heat Rock and Timid; 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def, Sunny Day / Fire Blast / Solarbeam / Roost]

[offensive combination]
[This is a simple Sun combination that can wreak havoc on many teams. The basic gist of it is for Moltres to come in and use Sunny Day. This completely throws off many of its normal counters, such as Milotic and Rhyperior, who can now be met with a powerful Solarbeam. Knowing this, Moltres will probably force a switch, letting Tangrowth come in for free. After a Swords Dance, Tangrowth can destroy a huge portion of the UU metagame. Only Leafeon and Weezing cause it problems, and both of them are relatively uncommon. However, Moltres easily eliminates both of these Pokemon, allowing Tangrowth free rein.]

[Stealth Rock is the major problem for this duo, as Moltres is 3HKOed (the lack of HP EVs gives it an odd number of HP, allowing it to come in three times) by it. Thus, it is best paired with a spinner and entry hazards of your own to facilitate Tangrowth's sweep.]

[Weezing@Black Sludge and Bold, Flamethrower / Thunderbolt / Will-o-Wisp/ Pain Split + Chansey@Leftovers and Calm, Wish / Protect / Seismic Toss / Toxic ]

[Defensive]

[Weezing can take some of the powerful Fighting attacks aimed at Chansey with absolute ease, and cripple attackers with Will-o-Wisp. Chansey respectively takes Psychics and Fire Blast targeted at Weezing without even breaking a sweat. She also has access to Wish, to heal both herself and Weezing, who lacks a reliable way of recovery. These two make a great defensive core, and work very well on balanced teams.]

[Wall Breakers such as Blaziken with powerful mixed attacks are the biggest threat to these two. Also be careful of taunt]

[These two work well together with Bulky Water, Milotic and Slowking are two of the best.]

I don't feel too bad about bumping this since it's a new, diverse, metagame and there should be a lot of new combos. Also, the only thread anyone is using seems to be the megathread, so maybe this thread can take some pressure away from there. This is a much better place for, "hey guys I used this!" than the megathread. Anyway, this is a combination I've been using.

Offensive Combination

Aggron @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Head Smash
-Aqua Tail
-Low Kick
-Ice Punch

-and-

Torterra @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Rock Polish
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

The basic premise of this combo is that CB Aggron can tear apart Stall teams, while Rock Polish Torterra can sweep offensive teams; both are useful at some point against more balanced teams, so this way you have a good plan against a variety of play styles. Generally, you want to reveal Aggron (not on a U-turn!) first, and try to weaken the opponent's team so that Torterra can sweep. Aggron is great at luring and taking out Donphan, Weezing, Slowbro, and bulky Grass-types, which can cause problem's for Torterra's sweep. Torterra can also weaken bulky Fighting-types, who are the only pokemon that can reliably stand up to CB Aggron without prediction. Torterra can also set up Rock Polish on Dugtrio who have just revenged Aggron, which is usually very bad news for the types of teams that carry Dugtrio. Neither one is too worried about Milotic, which is great in this metagame.

This combo needs help from some kind of defensive core or plan, or else you will get eaten alive by faster teams, or find yourself having to sack Aggron almost immediately. The two most problematic pokemon are probably: Intimidate Hitmontop, who walls Aggron and weakens Torterra, and Sceptile, who can revenge kill a +2 Torterra or Aggron, and is not likely to be hurt by Aggron unless your opponent intentionally sacks it. Heal Bell support can be pretty helpful, since many players will try to Paralyze or Burn Aggron at great cost to whatever is dishing out Status.

I don not know the intentions of the original poster, but when I used those two as a defensive core, they were:

Standard UU tank Regi:
Careful 252 HP/ 100 Atk/ 156 SpD
@ Lefties
-Thunder Wave
-Stealth Rock
-Iron Head
-Earthquake

Standard Support Altaria (whatever, was not a standard THEN)
Careful 252 HP/ 40 Def/ 216 SpD
-Roost
-Heal Bell
-Dragon Claw
-Perish Song
... But only with Dragon Pulse instead of Claw.

Hitmontop@ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 ATK/ 6 DEF
Nature: Adamant
-Rapid Spin
-Close Combat
-Forsight
-Sucker Punch

Houndoom@ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 SPA/ 252 SPE
Nature: Timid
-Nasty Plot
-Fire Blast
-Dark Pulse
-Hidden Power [FLYING]

This is a pretty cool combo for an offensive/ balanced team. Hitmontop can spin away spikes, meaning houndoom doesn't start the battle with 75% health, and can beat pokemon like Chansey and Clafairy. With these threats gone, Houndoom can set up Nasty Plot, and began to sweep the opponent's team. In terms of synergy, Houndoom is immune to the Psychic type moves that trouble Hitmontop, while Hitmontop resists Rock.

Sigh.. I had a good post, but I pressed backspace :l oh well. My post summed up...

Mantine and Steelix make a good defensive core. Mantine can come in on all those Water, Fire, and Ground type attacks aimed at Steelix (It also resists Fighting, but it's not that strong Defensively...), and Steelix can come in on Electric attacks aimed at Mantine.

The sets I used were the Physical Wall (Steelix) set, and the Special Wall (Mantine) set. Except I replaced Stealth Rock and just used EQ / Stone Edge / Roar / Toxic since I was using it with a semi-stall team.. But there's other options for Steelix, too.

Anyway, when I was testing it, it worked pretty well. There are still some problems, however. Fighting type attacks in particular (Except Vacuum Wave :l) give Steelix trouble, and Mantine can't really handle Physical attacks too well. Grass pokemon can also have a field day with both of them if they have Substitute (particularly Sceptile). To remedy this, I used a Wish Hypno for the Fighting weakness, and to heal both Mantine and Steelix since they both lack reliable recovery.

Sigh.. I had a good post, but I pressed backspace :l oh well. My post summed up...

Mantine and Steelix make a good defensive core. Mantine can come in on all those Water, Fire, and Ground type attacks aimed at Steelix (It also resists Fighting, but it's not that strong Defensively...), and Steelix can come in on Electric attacks aimed at Mantine.

The sets I used were the Physical Wall (Steelix) set, and the Special Wall (Mantine) set. Except I replaced Stealth Rock and just used EQ / Stone Edge / Roar / Toxic since I was using it with a semi-stall team.. But there's other options for Steelix, too.

Anyway, when I was testing it, it worked pretty well. There are still some problems, however. Fighting type attacks in particular (Except Vacuum Wave :l) give Steelix trouble, and Mantine can't really handle Physical attacks too well. Grass pokemon can also have a field day with both of them if they have Substitute (particularly Sceptile). To remedy this, I used a Wish Hypno for the Fighting weakness, and to heal both Mantine and Steelix since they both lack reliable recovery.
I'm afraid Lanturn can also beat this combo, by itself, outspeeding and OHKO'ing Steelix with Surf before it gets the chance to Earthquake, Mantine can be taken down by its Electric attack.

Actually, Lanturn needs max or near max Special Attack to OHKO Mantine with Thunder, a 216 spat calm's Thunder (Smogon RD set) doing 304 - 360 / 334 (91% - 107.8%) to special wall (252 hp 252 spdef calm) Mantine, T-bolt (next lower) from a 252 spat modest (max possible) doing 268 - 324 / 334 (80.2% - 97%).

A pair I use for NU is Mantine and Magneton which both work perfectly together in coverage and allow me to get rain set up.

Mantine @ damp rock
Modest / swift swim
252 spa / 132 hp / 124 spe
- rain dance
- hydro pump
- ice beam
- toxic / hidden power [grass]

Magneton @ damp rock / life orb
Timid / hasty / magnet pull
252 spe / 252 spa / 4 hp
- rain dance
- thunder
- hidden power [grass] / [ground]
- flash cannon / explosion

Magneton covers the rock and electric weaknesses of Mantine, and Mantine covers the fire, fighting, and ground weaknesses. They also get good coverage together offensively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)