Lightning (Accelgor) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Rock

Accelgor is the star pokemon in this team with max speed it can out speed max speed Choice Scarf Chandelure and 2HKO it on a predicted switch, Bug Buzz is the main stab move and is out for all of those Psychic-types out there, Giga Drain is for predicted Rock-Types switch-ins and to recover the depleted HP due to Life Orb, and finally Focus Blast is for Steel-Types that i cannot touch.
-----------------------------------------------
Rockstar (Regirock) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Regirock is my physical wall, the EV spread is made to make it more like a sponge, Stealth Rock is crucial to me since Accelgor 2HKO most of things, Thunder Wave is to cripple base 90+ Speed Choice Scarfers to make it easy for Accelgor to out speed them, Earthquake is the main stab move, and Stone Edge is for predicted Flying-Types.
Slimez (Goodra) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast

Goodra is the special wall, Draco Meteor is a stab move but due to the stat decrease it is used in the late metagame more like a last resort, Dragon Pulse is the secondary stab move to hide Draco Meteor, Sludge Wave is to nail Fairy-Type switch-ins plus with grass immunity its a safe switch-in due to Regirock's weakness, finally Fire Blast for Steel-types that i cannot do ANYTHING to them.
Trunk (Aggron-Mega) @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Toxic

Mega-Aggron is the Tank/Truck/Armored Boss :heart: , it is a bit part of the core that i have, Iron Head is the stab move of course dealing massive damage to whoever doesn't resist it, Earthquake nails everything that resists Iron Head except water, Ice Punch is for predicted Flying-type that predict Earthquake, Toxic is to toxic the toxicing pokemon such as Florges and Umbreon.
Tornadus (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave
- Grass Knot
- U-turn

Tornadus is for the ground immunity that hits three of my pokemon (spoilers), Air Slash is the stab move and is better than Hurricane for me due to Accuracy and Flinching, Heat Wave is for Ice and Steel-types, Grass knot is for the Rhyperior that almost shut downs my WHOLE TEAM, U-Turn is for the Hit and Run tactic that this pokemon uses and when to predict obvious switch-ins.
Diddy (Infernape) @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Fire Punch

Infernape is the physical sweeper, with the Choice Band its offensive stats are scary, with the Stealth rock support it can 2HKO and possibly OHKO everything on its sight, U-Turn is hit and run tactic again and to OHKO fragile Psychic-types, Close Combat is the main stab move to use when there is no need in priority, Mach Punch is mainly for revenge killing and when there is need for priority, and Fire Punch is the secondary stab move with Iron Fist this move is awesome.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, this team needs quite a bit of fixing, but hopefully my changes make it slightly better.

Simply put, Accelgor is completely outclassed and not effective in the metagame, so I suggest switching Accelgor out for Yanmega. It plays similarly to how you're currently using Accelgor, so it's not a hard switch for you to make. It's not nearly as fast, but hits much harder.

on a similar note, Regirock is outclassed too. I suggest using Rhyperior over Regirock. Rhyperior has some offensive presence, which keeps it from being set up bait, while also having immense bulk.

Goodra too is not quite as good and doesn't have much of a niche in the metagame. Cresselia is a better alternative to Goodra as it has much more bulk and has access to great moves in Moonlight/Lunar Dance/etc which will provide more utility to your team than Goodra will.

The set and EVs you chose for Mega Agrron are subpar; I recommend changing Aggron's set to a RestTalk one since you'll be switching it in to take lots of hits for Yanmega etc and giving it a 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD EV spread over the one you listed. This will provide Aggron with extra bulk on the Special side (which is quite noticeable). Giving Aggron Attack EVs limits its potential as a great tank.

Tornadus doesn't really fit your team and it looks like something you stuck on so you'll have six Pokemon. I suggest switching Tornadus out for Shaymin as it also patches up your slight Water-type weakness. It also has the bulk to stay alive, which is important because your team seems like it's going to be a Bulky Offense team.

Since your team lacks a solid way to defeat fast threats, I would suggest for you to switch out Infernape's Choice Band for a Choice Scarf. The set you provided is also subpar, I'll provide a better one below.

Yanmega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- U-turn

or

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Lunar Dance / Thunder Wave

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Sythesis

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

I'd also like to say that I think you should check out the Smogon's Starters Hangout and request a mentor for "The Basics of Pokemon Battling" through this form. Cheers!

Last edited:
Minus what if i use a Water Absorb pokemon instead of Shaymin? Dry Skin too...

e.x: Vaporeon, Quagsire, e.t.c

+ Shaymin cannot learn Synthesis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)