Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 96 HP / 160 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse

Darm+CM Raikou is a pretty old combo im not going to explain it. I used bulky Raikou since I belive that it gets sweeps off the the normal set couldnt as well as sweeps that the noormal set can. In other words its just better.
I made this team a minute ago(minute is a figure of speech), I thought that Tangrowth would be the perfect thing to completely the darm/raikou combo so I decided to start building around that. I saw that Crobat would fit perfectly in this equation of pokemanz since it works well offensively with darm and defesinve with Tangrowth. After seeing a weakness to rocks and not wanting to use my last to slots for spinners and rock setters, i decided to use claydol. This acts as a check to Flygon Raikou Zapdos, and can take random fighting type attacks. I thought my team was pretty solid until I saw I had no checks to Waters what so ever, so I added Kingdra. As you can see I speed creeped Modest Kingdra so I can take sets like the specs set or the rain dance set of guard and be able to get a quick kill.
(Let's watch me get less votes than I should yet again.)
(I don't want to explain this team crazy indepth, if you dont understand it test it)
(Sorry if I seem like an asshole, I am)
(Just wallbreak, and conserve a poke that can win late game, I assure you can find one for each team in this team.)

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I was gonna do a volt-turn team but that's something that's been many times and i didn't have any ideas to improve it so i decided to make a balanced T-spikes team to make CM Raikou sweep more effectively as it can let him easily outstall some of its checks such as Umbreon, Rhyperior, Swampert, Snorlax etc. Darm is such a good wallbreaker it's hard to believe and sheer force masks the life orb making it far easier to knock some walls out making a Raikou sweep far more easy. Eg, lock myself into flare blitz to lure in Rhyp then smack it with a superpower, or lock myself into rock slide before flare blitzing a nidoqueen, so great. As i already planned to have T-spikes, i added two walls with the maximum survivability: namely Alomomola and Snorlax. Alom specifically for wish passing and snorlax because fuk Chandy. Although they don't have all that great synergy they can both take their respective hits and Alom provides lax with some much needed recovery as i hate using rest talk. One of the great things about the combo is the fact that Alom lures in Rosy which can then be pursuit trapped by Snorlax allowing toxic spikes to stay in play. The poke that finishes my defensive core is Nidoqueen because she provides the much needed synergy for my other two walls, tanking remaining fighting or electric moves for when they both get worn down. Of course it also reliably sets up T-spikes and rocks which is just amazing. Holy balls she's too good. Scarf Moxiecross is Scarf Moxiecross, it cleans shit up.

Actually enjoyed this team a lot more than other teams i've made recently. Thoughts?

Darmanitan @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Body Slam
- Sleep Talk

Nidoqueen (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 24 Spd / 252 HP / 100 SDef / 132 Def
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Ice Beam

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Ok so you have just two teams ;~; edit- 3 now #based
The Leprechaun
GULLY
Grey Knight

Voting ends in two days.
Forgot to mention this earlier but CoolStoryBrobat has his vote doubled(equivalent to 2 votes) cuz he won

Last edited:

So I decided to post something too , i made an offense team i added some personal preferences and avoided to built it around extensive entry hazards control, with staff like ghosts and spikers.

i started by picking a standard CM set for raikou and a standart Choice scarf set for Darmanitan as i think its the best sets for both of them. i modified the raikou set however replacing sub to volt switch in order to weaken and grap momentum against its usual checks like snorlax , after all there is nothing that helps raikou break though common special walls other than its self and SR.the darma's set is standard as well but with earthq instead of rock slide , i never really liked that 10% miss rate and they both hit pretty much they same pokemon for about the same damage.

I noticed that this small core is destroyed by various revenge killers/sweepers like mienshao flygon and Krookodile so a really solid physical wall is needed , i used gligar for this, gligar also provides rocks and precious u-turn momentum witch probably the only reason it should be used in UU,

gligar opened me to various special attackers like shaymin raikou and kingdra , the two core pokemons can deal with some of those special attackers but a special wall is always a better solution to deal with them , i decided to run offensive CB snorlax over umbreon because having two walls with almost no offensive presence never works for me especially since i have no spikes to make up their offensive presence deficit , snorlax also checks some troublesome physical poks like victini that gligar fails to check consistently ,

Together those two check most of the metagame's physical and special threats so i decided to reserve the next 2 slots to the pokemon that can check those few mons that are capable of breaking it namely DD kingdra,scrafty,CM cune,SD Weavile, they also had to be fighting type proof becuase one check against them is never enough

Bandcross was the first thing that came on my mind , beating cune scrafty weavile and almost every other offensive threat in one to one situations, its easily the best band user in UU, capable of destroying all the spinners almost every spin blocker and rocker helping me win the entry hazards war much easier,
its moveset might looks weird, i mean who uses Double edge and pursuit on heracross ? but i can assure you that those two moves are a lot better than potential wasting sleep talk or unreliable stone edge,

pursuit beats most ghost types or at least reduces their capacity to minimum thanks to that amazing pursuit guts-combo that people should start using more ,
additionally pursuit heracross is an absolutely fantastic teammate to darmanitan as after u-turn both of the slowpoke family is trapped by pursuit heracross wide opening my opponents team to scarf darmanitan , double edge looks completely redundant however it is not as it allows it to beat other heracross much easier and break through many late game situations with prediction, a good example situation where there more than one heracross checks about to witch lets say a 90% crobat and a 90% nidoking , a typical stone/quake heracross can only get a 50% secure prediction as earthquake only effects nido and stone edge only hits crobat double edge solves this dilemma hitting both poks for the needed damage making predictions with heracross a lot easier and even if there is r recoil it wont matter much since almost every successful double edge prediction is a huge breakthrough

double edge is also good when you want to suc you heracross at low hp in order to gain momentum thanks to the recoil

Alternatively shaymin can be used to help raikou break through special walls much easier but its seed flare doesnt always destroy special walls so heracross is better for this slot i think.

My spinner had to be blastoise to kinda check kingdra and other pokemon like Azumarill that my prime physical wall can't, it also protects me from fire attacks that are all over UU, but most of all it spins, I use roar even if i have no spikes,i do that because the UU ladder is well known for the wide variety of gimmicky or not set up sweepers, i also run rain dish over torrent because a much up against a well made rain team is never a easy one
after all the torrent boost is next to unusable even when its activated.

Sorry for my English i am European

Importable
Not the best team in the world but it gets the job done most of the times, laddering about in the range of 1950+- in the alt that i am testing it.

ofc like every team there are some flaws mostly lying on the fact that darmanitan is more like a choice scarf sweeper than a choice scarf revenge killer , witch still leaves me kind of exposed to things like scarf flygon and krookodile.

Snorlax @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 Atk / 52 Def / 200 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch

Sturm Trupp (Heracross) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 114 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Double Edge
- Megahorn
- Pursuit

Gligar @ Eviolite
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
Nature: Bold
EV: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Def
-Scald
-Toxic
-Roar
-Rapid Spin

Raikou @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind
- Volt Switch

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After several painstakingly harsh minutes of deep thought and inner zen meditation...I'mma vote The Leprechaun 's team for a couple reasons (Sorry GULLY bro but I had to)

One, his team's got its bases covered pretty well defensively, between Nidoqueen, Snorlax, and Alomomola, his Pokemon are able to stay healthy throughout the match and generally tank most of the checks to his offensive core.

Second, T-Spikes Nidoqueen to help Raikou outstall some of its checks is a pretty cool idea, as the main T-Spikes Absorbers in UU (Roserade, Amoonguss, Qwilfish, Nidoqueen) are all blasted by the Darmanitan/Raikou core in one way or another between the two Pokemon. Add that on the pressure Moxie Hera adds and you can bust some stuff up.

Needless to say though, this vote was insanely difficult, and I had to resist my lame urges to flip a coin. GULLY's team, though, I have mad respect for--One, he's got Banded Brobat. Two, he's got the super next-level SubCM HP Grass Raikou--one of those things that you just pray you never face in the back of your mind, until it's in your face killing your Rhyperior/Swampert. And he's got some bulk on top of it...Tangrowth is pretty awesome, and between Tangrowth and Raikou, he won't have much issues destroying most of Darmanitan's biggest checks/counters, since for the most part, almost all save for a few of them are weak to grass--Rhyperior, Swampert, Slowbro, Suicune, etc. This also works inversely since the Grass-types who wall HP Grass SubCM Raikou are demolished by Darmanitan and Crobat. Three, he's got Timid Kingdra with just enough Speed to outpace Modest--a surprise in itself that I tried out for myself once (I sucked at making it work but that's a different story for another time).

Once again I seriously liked both teams, but I guess what made me favor The Leprechaun's more was just overall consistency on both Offense and Defense, even if by just a smidgen. What slightly held me back from favoring Gully's team was the notably glaring Ice weaknesses his team carried. One resist with only 3 pokes weak to it, even though Ice isn't as common an attacking type outside of Hail teams in UU, this sometimes hinders your ability to deal with certain Pokemon readily without having to let something die or take a big hit for the team. On top of that, the Win Conditions on both teams were pretty different from eachother--Leprechaun's team focused on a straight-up SubCM Raikou sweep, using Darm as a wallbreaker and a core to keep it healthy, with a backup condition in Heracross to plow through a weakened team. They're more notable and straight-up hard to stop in themselves against the right player, as well as consistent in the long run. Gully had some win conditions too, though his came more in the form of wallbreakers and overall notoriously hard hitters to let one Pokemon, be it Raikou or another fast hitter such as Darmanitan/Crobat shut out the opponent. This in itself isn't all too bad, but at times you're still prone to being slowed from winning and stopped short by recoil, hazard weakness, or even revenge killing.

Sorry bro but I had to do it :[

I would have factored in Grey_Knight's team since we're kinda short but I'm not sure if Kingler's gonna count it or not. His team too is very good, and I would go in detail on it but I don't want to tack on more paragraphs for nothing

the issue is that there seems like there is going to be a trend where people can make a team consisting of
1.)Kingler's Core
2.)A Snorlax+Fighting check+Bulky Water
3.)Filler
and win
Everyone that is worth their salt in this game can build a team like this, and if this is truly a competition why is what people want average teams? You can go build those your self. Again, this is not about my team because I know its merit and dont really care if others do, but I think it's crazy if we can think that this will go on for much longer if every one is voting the "most consistent" team. I can get started on that too, how the standard is the prepared for especially among better players but I won't. The 3 winning teams have consisted of generic Snorlax cores, can we really say that those teams are the best someone can do? That's the baseline for what a person can do in this game and its what most people tell newer players to do, "use Snorlax and Cofag etc." What does that say? If this is an actual competition step it up and start using and expecting creativity.
"im just saying you can do better"-Drake

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote that weird idiot GULLY trevor ellis ishouldnotplaythis or what ever he calls him self , he is easily one of the best UU battlers posting almost as good as me, he manages to break 2000 with gimmicky shit like piloswine and such he is even innovative , he uses choice scarf tricking WoW chandelure and generally knows what he is doing and what he is saying
so i vote for him since i don't like rating teams just by looking them.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I deleted a ton of posts because this is not the place to complain about how people are choosing standard teams. In fact, there is not place to complain about it. If voters think the bog standard team is the best, then that's what wins. Keep in mind that the voters in this thread make up a very small portion of the UU playerbase and so results are going to be skewed.

Also please be civil, and that goes for everyone. I'll hand out more infractions if this happens again.

I deleted a ton of posts because this is not the place to complain about how people are choosing standard teams. In fact, there is not place to complain about it. If voters think the bog standard team is the best, then that's what wins. Keep in mind that the voters in this thread make up a very small portion of the UU playerbase and so results are going to be skewed.

Also please be civil, and that goes for everyone. I'll hand out more infractions if this happens again.
You shouldn't have deleted my last post because it actually adds to the discussion. I admit that I was "immature" (even tho its not that srs but w.e) I think that your views might be skewed if you think that my last post was complaining too. I was rather opening people's eyes to a trend that is potentially not positive to a thread that at the end of the day is supposed to make us all better teambuilders. Not using bog standard is apart of that, so I ask you to please put back my last post where I made an actual argument.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'll let the last post stand because it had some thought behind it and wasn't really complaining, but this isn't exactly a teambuilding discussion thread so I'd like the discussion (and most certainly the 1 sentence rude posts) to stop.

Ok FINALLY imma get around to the voting
The Leprechaun: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
GULLY: 1,2
Grey Knight: none :c

OK, so after a long voting round,
The leprechaun wins!
his vote will be doubled.
Core is gonna be posted soon.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Know what? whatever core you make, I'm gonna make sure not to use a Snorlax or a Nidoqueen this time around, just to accept the challenge aspect. So help me if you make the Core Snorlax + Nidoqueen I'mma sock you lol

OK, so I've been feeling quite lazy to run this thread and haven't been approved for a specific core. As such, I'm probably going to let this thread rest for a while. If some badged member or so wants to take over, feel free. However for now I'd like this locked.
Ace Emerald can you please lock this? ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)