SM LC V.E.I.L. - "Veil & Extreme Inscriptions for Laddering" [Peaked PS! #15 & PO #1]

V.E.I.L.

“Veil & Extreme Inscriptions for Laddering
1546461352694.png

Credits to h_n_g_m_n for this amazing artwork.

Hello Pokémaniacs! Here it is Mirbro :]. Today I present you my second RMT of my small Project. In the first RMT called " N.P.E.G. The Unbreakable Wall" I built a stall team for Gen6 OU (Over Used). But today I will be addressing a tier in which small and non-evolved Pokémon are the main protagonists. Little Cup is a curious tier and, as you may probably know, you play with non-evolved Pokémon at level 5. This brought you many opportunities to play with Pokémon in a competitive way that you would not do it normally.

In the same way as the first RMT, I will try to dedicate some part of myself in this long and detailed RMT. I hope you find it useful, moving, exciting and, for the people that has not ever played SM LC (Sun and Moon Little Cup), spend some time to test it using this team. I am pretty sure you will find it really funny and entertaining.

During all the RMT I will add some music that I truly think is both amazing and thrilling for each chapter. As a Pokémon lover that I am, I think you will appreciate it because practically all of them are from the soundtrack of different Pokémon generations. Reading + listening this music will synergize and boost your enjoyment. You will find it like this:

Here you have two songs that are the original one and a remix. I love both of them, they transmit me a thrilling moment of adventure and also some tension. These were the songs from GSC games when you entered both Ice Path and the Dark Path. My favourite generation + my favourite soundtrack. It is a gg, Game Freak.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
V.E.I.L. - “Veil & Extreme Inscriptions for Laddering” [ PS!: Peaked #15; PO: Peaked #1]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TABLE OF CONTENTS

I - Preface
  • The Non-Freezing Christmas
  • The Project
II - Introduction
  • The Team: V.E.I.L.
  • The Synergy: Extreme Offense
III - Results
  • Details: Pokémon sets
  • How to use the team: Replays
  • Peaks
IV - Discussion
  • Weaknesses
  • Suggestions
V - Acknowledgements

VI - Conclusions

V.E.I.L. - “Veil & Extreme Inscriptions for Laddering” [ PS!: Peaked #15; PO: Peaked #1]

Here you have two songs that are the original one and a remix. These are from Generation 3 and a specific route that, in my opinion, has not been repeated in any other generation. It was weird, enigmatic where you find two uncommon Pokémons like Skarmory (one member of the team) and Spinda. It brings me some thrilling emotions but with an anxiety touch.

I - Preface

• The Non-Freezing Christmas
I live in a country where winter is cold but not as much as northern ones. Lately, with the cyclic climate change being boosted with the greenhouse effect the average temperature has increased.

In the opposite direction to summer (check the first RMT to understand it), I love cold temperatures, taking a walk below the dark-freezing sky and staying at home observing how it freezes outside.

Moreover, at the beginning of winter season there is one of the most luminous celebrations during the entire year: Christmas. In my opinion, it is really cool observing people waiting for holidays, scouting for each year more amazing-presents, preparing small or big travels to meet their or family or just enjoy some free time.

Thus, it is a perfect moment for me to write this RMT. As you will be able to see, the team and the replays come from October-November basically. I built this team and rapidly saw that the main theme was perfect for Christmas. I took this team as an opportunity to play Hyper Offense (HO), a style that I do not normally play. Moreover, it is a gift of mine to you, to make you enjoy an uncommon tier like LC.

Not Aurora Veil but Memento is something for me really exceptional. There is film directed by Christopher Nolan that is quite weird but at the same time one of the best films I have ever seen. This film is called “Memento” and, if you love thrillers, I recommend you to watch it. Delicious!

And I will add this short statement from my last RMT. I think I will add it in each that I will create because it is the essence of any high quality RMT that is created:

"To make a long story short, I needed something that bring me enjoyment during these hot days. While I was watching RMTs in the SM OU forum, I remembered some great RMTs that were done with love and a lot of details. I really enjoyed these ones and I realized that I was always looking for them or checking the new ones in case they were just a 10% of the formers.

Some examples are the RMTs of Essence (Elysium), Lycon (SandStorm Equilibrium) and BanDisnDatnMe ("Baddest of the bad. Just be you"). These teambuilders have not only created good teams but they have written fairytales in each of their RMTs. Reading them you can practically live some parts of their experience when they were creating the team, checking for the cores, testing it, changing everything, feeling sad, discussing with other friends, improving the output and finally getting high in the ladder or just reaching their final goal. And, far beyond of the showcasing a team, a great RMT has to do this: transfer the experience, emotions and the feeling to the reader.

And, of course, this is what I have come to do today."

And just to finish, I will add a little game to make your enjoyment aspire to tall skyscrapers and the moon itself. As you may know, in chess there is a fun game in which an interplay is presented, and you have to decide which movements/actions will be taken by one of the players in "X" turns to perform a check mate. Here I present you a mid-game with this team and, learning how the team is built and used, make a presumption of how this game will end. You will find the answer at the end of this RMT :].

1546467816443.png

You have to guess how this game will finish...

• The Project
"In summary, the project consists on playing in different tiers, creating a stall team, peaking high in the ladder and then writing a cool and exciting RMT. The first tier has been ORAS OU but, which one will be the next ? Stay tuned Pokémaniacs!"

These were my last words in my last RMT. Although I affirmed that I would use stall in each RMT, this was not possible for SM LC. Due to the metagame (level 5 Pokémon basically) of Little Cup tier, building a stall team with great success is practically impossible. You can build a team bulkier but needs to have some offensive Pokémon.

So my idea of building a stall team there was absolutely abolished. At that point I had two options: 1) Going to another tier or 2) building another style in SM LC. As you know, I chose the latter. And of course, to make it extremely different, I built a HO team. Aurora Veil and Memento are two good options in SM LC to build a HO team. But combining both is not common at all. Just to make the team really funny and a gimmick, I chose the combination and, I have to admit, it brought diversion and success in equal parts.

For the next RMT I can ensure that it will be a stall team. Right now I have finished a campaign (a word "stallen/stolen" from Cookees) in others tiers and the team with its RMT will come up soon. Stay tuned Pokémaniacs!

Violet City was the first city you found in Generation 2. It was the beginning of a long journey (Johto + Kanto) and here you found two amazing things: Bellsprout Tower + First Gym by Falkner. This city just brings always memories of that game, how I enjoyed it. To sum up, the positive energy for the beginning :] like the introduction of this RMT.

II - Introduction

• The Team: V.E.I.L.
What does this acronym stand for? It was pretty difficult but funny at the same time to find a coordination between Veil and Memento. V.E.I.L. in this team means " Veil & Extreme Inscriptions for Laddering". "Extreme Inscriptions" works as a synonym for Memento and "Laddering" refers to the ease to use this team in the ladder and climb up. Moreover, here I present you the final cover of the journal that will be used in all the RMTs now on. J.A.P.S. stands for "Journal of the American Pokémon Society" as a mimicking JACS a typical journal of chemistry.

• The Synergy: Extreme Offense
I would define this team as an absolute abuse of offensive power. However, to make it work you need some ways to keep the defensive fragility away: Veil + Memento. This idea came out to my mind when using a team from Serene Grace (click here to watch the RMT) that was pretty funny, easy to use and with which I obtained a lot of success in SM LC. So some credits of this RMT need to be delivered to Serene Grace too. If you want more information about any of the Pokémons listed below, click on them :].

1546462069614.png+1546462078145.png

I started with this core of two Pokémon. First of all, in order to set up Aurora Veil I needed a Hail setter with great speed stat and, of course, able to use Aurora Veil. Vulpix-Alola was my only option although it can be outspeed by some Pokémon and OHKO easily due to the fact that is running Light Clay to ensure 8 turns of Aurora Veil and not Eviolite (this would increase both defences). Diglett has an amazing speed stat and altogether with Focus Sash it practically always can set up both Stealth Rock and Memento. I normally start with Diglett and try to set up rocks just before clicking Memento. However, there are some scenarios in which is better to attack/Memento and not clicking rocks like in front of Onix with Sturdy or Meowth. Never mind, an 80% of the times you will start with standard Diglett play.

1546462069614.png+1546462078145.png+1546462149776.png+1546462155977.png

Now I needed to basic abusers. Clamperl and Shellder play the same role: Shell smashers. However, they present a difference that is really important according to the opposite team. Clamperl with Deep Sea Tooth can just destroy any team and it is the star of this team. But it has a great fragility once Shell Smash is used and it is prone lose against priority moves. Shellder cannot hit as hard as Clamperl but hits repeatedly (breaking Sturdy) and it has bigger defences due to Eviolite.

1546462069614.png+1546462078145.png+1546462149776.png+1546462155977.png+1546462326011.png

Zigzagoon is the second star of the team. With Belly Drum obtain a massive physical attack stat and using stabbed Extreme Speed it can destroy pratically anything. However, ghost Pokémon like Gastly or Pumpkaboo are tough to deal with. Thief gives you an opportunity to get rid of both of them and to obtain its object (yours have been lost during Belly Drum because it is Berry Juice). The last attack is Seed Bomb just for rock type Pokémon.

1546462069614.png+1546462078145.png+1546462149776.png+1546462155977.png+1546462326011.png+1546462367462.png

Finally, I chose Vullaby as a pivot and setter in some scenarios. It is very useful against Mienfoo also called "Little Cup Landorus-Therian". It can take some attack from it and then set up a +2 in special attack using Nasty Plot. At the same time, its ability Weak Armor will get activated reducing a level in physical defence but increasing 2 in speed. This Pokémon has saved me many games.

Here we have a song that is not related with Pokémon universe. Bag Raiders - Golden Wings symbolize the greatness and success of this team. Each member has this Golden Wings that allowed them to fly until the final peak. Old but Gold.

III - Results

• Details: Pokémon sets

1546462452509.png

Ultraviolet (Vulpix-Alola) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Level: 5
EVs: 52 HP / 200 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Freeze-Dry

Role: Screens Setter.

Vulpix-Alola it has only one role: setting up Aurora Veil. However, beyond this screen it can deal great damage with Blizzard (do not misses due to Hail), Freeze-Dry (super effective against Water type Pokémon) and Hidden Power Fighting (against Pawniard is a OHKO). The EVs spread and Timid nature is basically to maximize speed and keeping some special attacker strength. IVs are directed to obtain a HP fighting. Due to the fact that it is not running Eviolite it is scared by a lot super effective movements and specifically physical attacks. Its speed stat is high but not as high as Abra, being able to OHKO with Psychic. No Defog in the team means that rocks will deal great damage to Vulpix-Alola. Furthermore, you need to be careful when using it (which is the best opportunity). You can foresee it at the beginning according to the team preview (which are the Pokémon that will allow Vulpix-Alola to set up Aurora Veil).

1546462523865.png

X-ray (Diglett)
@ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 196 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Memento
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Roles: Hazard Setter + Priority + Memento.

Diglett is normally your lead. It sets up Stealth Rock or it can deal some damage with Earthquake/Sucker Punch (gives you some priority). But the main role is to perform a Memento creating a great scenario for Clamperl/Shellder to use Shell Smash. However, you need to be aware of Defiant/Contrary/Sturdy or priority users. Snivy has super effective movements against it setting up special attack (Leaf Storm), it has a great speed stat, it resists stabbed Earthquake and, in front of Memento, it increases more its special attack. Later on, it can kill easily both Clamperl and Shellder. This is great threat. Onix can set up rocks easily and with Earthquake and Sturdy it can prevent you of setting your own rocks (because I prioritize Memento over rocks so I try to deal some damage or making Onix spend its Berry Juice just before Memento). Finally, Meowth can break Focus Sash with Fake Out and with Feint or Last Resort kill easily Diglett. In these cases the best way is to lead with other Pokémon (not with Onix but yes with both Meowth and Snivy).

1546462906246.png

Cosmic Waves (Clamperl) @ Deep Sea Tooth
Ability: Rattled
EVs: 76 HP / 248 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Shell Smash
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Role: Sweeper.

The star of this team. Shell Smash makes it a weak beast. It can get killed easily but before it will destroy all the opposite team. Surf for stab and great accuracy. Ice beam for grass Pokémon and HP grass for water type Pokémon. Standard. EV spread and nature are to maximize special attack and giving some speed investment. IV spread just for HP grass. Deep Sea Tooth duplicates its special attack. If it is not knocked-off, it will create a big hole in the opposite team (or just win the entire game). It normally enter just after Memento. However, priority users or with Sturdy can stop it.

1546462813819.png

Infrared (Shellder) @ Eviolite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe
Lax Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear
- Hydro Pump

Role: Sweeper

Shellder has bigger defences compared with Clamperl. However, it hits smoother. Shell Smash is just to boost both special and physical attacks (here both are important). Hydro Pump is stabbed water movement that can deal with Mudbray. Skill Link ability allows Shellder to always hit repetitive movements at maximum 5 hits. Thus, Icicle Spear and Rock Blast were chosen for the last two slots. Icicle Spear can deal with Sturdy Pokémon and with grass type ones. Rock Blast can hit ice type Pokémon and other types.

1546462940700.png

Microwaves (Zigzagoon) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 132 HP / 196 Atk / 108 Def / 28 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Thief
- Seed Bomb

Role: Sweeper.

Zigzagoon is the second star of this team (just beyond Clamperl). You need to be careful when it is the right time to use Belly Drum because it needs to resist the opposite attack (no Eviolite) and it will spend the Berry Juice that is running. After that, Extreme Speed is your choice. It has no great speed stat so a priority stabbed movement is the best one to sweep. Thief allows you to hit ghost type Pokémon and steal its object and finally Seed Bomb for rock type Pokémon. Under Veil, Zigzagoon can find set up opportunities from almost anywhere (absolutely agree with this statement from Serene Grace). The ability allows you to increase your speed if it gets paralyzed (something that is amazing sometimes). EV spread is to maximize attack and some bulky (HP and physical defence basically) being speed not important only to arrive at 14 points.

1546463015462.png

Visible Light (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 236 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave

Roles: Pivot + Sweeper.

Vullaby with Eviolite can tank some hits serving as a Pivot but if they are physical it can set up a Nasty Plot (+2 SpA) and with Weak Armor as ability it can obtain both -1 Def and +2 Spe. With this it is prone to faint due to priority moves but it can outspeed and deal great damage to any Pokémon. With two stabbed attacks like Dark Pulse and Air Slash (being able to flinch the opponent) and one for steel types like Heat Wave (these Pokémon are a pain for the team in general) Vullaby can help the overall team a lot. EV spread and nature are thought to maximize special attack and giving some speed and health points investment.

Oh man. I remember when I was challenging Red in Gen 2. My young self was completely lost in the Silver Cave when I found this “monster”. I did not expect a trainer with these Pokémon at that level and the Snorlax was so annoying. However, the music makes me tremor of incredible emotions.

• How to use the team
In this section I will post some replays in which you can find the way to use the team. You will find a description of the battle (with the keypoints) and you will only need to click on the image to be redirected to the replay :]. I will try to classify them according to the opposite team.

1546463439095.png
Against Aurora Veil the best way to deal with it is just to set up at the beginning your own Aurora Veil. I did not do it in this game and I was a backward step.

1546463644518.png
This game is a typical example of Clamperl’s sweep. However, with Abra being Focus Sash and Bunnelby Quick Attack + Choice Band it could have been more difficult.

1546463705487.png
Offense in general is not a bad match-up. However, both Gastly and Onix are annoying for some Pokémon of the team if played well.

1546463933105.png
Priority users are a big problem for the team. However, with Aurora Veil this becomes less of a problem.

1546463982313.png
Against Diglett the best way is to set up rocks and then Memento to prepare your sweeper.

1546464017022.png
Against Diglett the best way is to set up rocks and then Memento to prepare your sweeper.

1546464399256.png

1546464478616.png
However, not always the opponent will start with Diglett and then you have to play around.

1546464629985.png
The best way to deal with Dwebble is just setting up your own rocks and then clicking Memento to prepare your main sweeper.

1546464675594.png
The best way to deal with Dwebble is just setting up your own rocks and then clicking Memento to prepare your main sweeper.

1546464714958.png
However, you have to be really careful of Dwebbles that can boost themselves with Shell Smash.

1546464791274.png
Leading with Diglett is not the best choice against Meowth based teams. You normally could start with Vullaby trying to set up as fast as you can.

1546464830599.png
Leading with Diglett is not the best choice against Meowth based teams. You normally could start with Vullaby trying to set up as fast as you can. However, it does not mean it will be an easy game.

1546464912176.png
Mienfoo can be a little tricky and the final match-up depends on its teammates. The best way to begin with is just clicking Memento.

1546464947783.png
Mienfoo can be a little tricky and the final match-up depends on its teammates. The best way to begin with is just clicking Memento.

1546464972252.png

1546465042184.png
Against Onix set up rocks and then try to deal some damage to know which is the set that you are playing against. In this case I broke its Sturdy.

1546465071706.png
Against Onix set up rocks and then try to deal some damage to know which is the set that you are playing against. In this case the opponent chose to explode giving me all the momentum to click afterwards Memento.

1546465121372.png
Although in the team preview sometimes seems that the rocker and main lead is Onix, the final one is another that could provoke a worse match-up.

1546465153014.png
Against Onix set up rocks and then try to deal some damage to know which is the set that you are playing against. In this case I chose to perform a Memento when the opponent was trying to resist with Endure.

1546465180667.png
Although in the team preview sometimes seems that the rocker and main lead is Onix, the final one is another that could provoke a worse match-up.

1546465215057.png

1546465286537.png
Against Snivy the best way is just to click rocks and then trying to do some damage. Luckily, in this game the opponent did not click Leafstorm, so, Snivy did not get a dangerous special attack boost.

1546465339319.png
Voltorb is kind of trickish because it outspeeds Diglett. I chose to set up rocks in this case over Memento but this latter would have worked too.

1546465428631.png
This Bidoof set with Simple as ability was scary. However, Zigzagoon could break through.

1546465477523.png
Webs is a scary match-up due to speed drop. With that many scarf Pokémon can outspeed your sweepers. However, if there is no enough speed control in the opposite side you do not need to worry.

1546465498783.png
Although the team preview seems a typical web team with some troublesome Pokémon (Bunnelby, Mudbray and Pawniard), it worked differently.

1546465530566.png
Although the team preview seems a typical web team with some troublesome Pokémon (Bunnelby, Mudbray and Pawniard), it worked differently. Again, the same team.

1546465596202.png
Trick Room teams are not common and a bit scary. However, with Extreme Speed of Zigzagoon it is enough to break through.

1546465667867.png
Against a mirror match you need to know that Clamperl is a beast. It can break through its counterpart Tirtouga.

• Peaks
Beyond the peaks in the two different ladders (PS! + PO) this team has had some success in distinct Gen 7 LC room tours: 2 out of 2.

1546465728796.png

1546465752368.png

Sootopolis City. This city from Generation 3 represents the end of a part of the journey. But the melody transmits happiness because you know that and end is jut the beginning for an amazing new one. Both remix and classical are amazing.

IV - Discussion

• Weaknesses
This team can overcome most of the current playstyles in the current metagame. However, it is important to mention which Pokémons can provoke some troublesome moments. I will highlight in red the Pokémons that can be very annoying, in orange the moderate ones and in yellow the slight ones.

1546466004090.png

Pikipek – This Pokémon can threat all the team if it is scarf. The only way to deal with it is using Vullaby but carefully.

1546466010625.png

Meowth – Life Orb*Meowth using Fake Out can deal great damage. Last Resort/Return is always a big threat taking into account that the last slot will be Feint (priority move again).

1546466015500.png

Snivy – It can Knock Off your team, Leaf Storm boosting its special attack, Defog your Aurora Veil and it is better not use Memento against it. For typing it can beat Diglett, Shellder and Clamperl easily.

1546466021410.png

Ferroseed – It can tank some hits from Clamperl, Shellder and Zigzagoon hampering them down with Bullet Seed or Thunder Wave.

1546466026692.png

Abra – Focus Sash*Abra (or Focus Sash*Pokémon in general) can be really annoying avenging.

1546466031078.png

Bunnelby – Choice Band*Bunnelby using Quick Attack is really annoying getting some kills when you have already used Shell Smash.

Generally, Taunt/Encore users stopping your boosting or Aurora Veil setting are difficult to deal with. Priority moves are an absolute pain because make your speed boosting unnecessary. Sticky Webs and Trick Room are two playstyles that are bothersome and a tough match-up but they are beatable if played well.

• Suggestions

Serene Grace

Serene Grace is a very well-known player in LC. As I said before, it created a team called “Northern Lights” featuring Aurora Veil some time ago. V.E.I.L. team was initially based on this team but combining Memento too. Serene Grace suggested some changes that would help the team a bit with the current meta:

Clamperl - HP Psychic or Fire/Protect > HP Grass. Chinchou is rare and keeping HP Grass only for it makes no sense at all. With HP Psychic or Fire you can deal with Mareanie or Ferroseed respectively. Protect would help against Fake Out users such as Mienfoo.

Shellder - Liquidation > Hydro Pump. Snubbull has dropped in usage and Mudbray cannot really tank well Liquidation. Thus, making a totally physical attacker on Shellder would help the team.

Vullaby - HP Grass > Dark Pulse. Vullaby likes Dark Pulse a lot but to hit both Onix and Tirtouga HP Grass helps more. However, you would need to be careful against both Elekid and Archen.

Altariel von Sweep

Altariel Von Sweep is a well-recognized rater and participant of the LC tier. It suggested for this team some changes that are in the same way as the suggested by Serene Grace.

Shellder - Mienfoo > Shellder. Bulky Mienfoo could help with some weaknesses of the team and giving some extra priority moves + momentum.

Vullaby - HP Grass > Dark Pulse. Vullaby likes Dark Pulse a lot but to hit both Onix and Tirtouga HP Grass helps more. However, you would need to be careful against both Elekid and Archen.

Diglett - Z-Groundium > Focus Sash. Diglett would lose the ability to receive two hits and ensuring rocks but it could serve as a hitter in some scenarios.

Clamperl - Protect > HP Grass. Protect would help against Fake Out users such as Mienfoo.

Thanks both of you for your suggestions that could make the team even brighter! :]

This song has two different meanings in this RMT:
- Diving in Hoenn is where you find Clamperl for the first time. This Pokémon is the main star of this team.
- Although diving can be something that gives you some oppressing feelings, this song is totally happy and positive. Take the positive part of all that happens in your life.

V - Acknowledgements

As always, building this team and its own success would have not been possible without some people that have been there just backing me up or giving some advising.

If you have reached that point reading all the text above, you will now that I am Pokémon lover. This game has brought me many moments, the great majority being positive.

I would like to thank all of you that get out of your way to help me or just discuss with me over competitive Pokémon or Pokémon vanilla. I will do some brief shoutouts to people that have not participated directly to this team but I know they are there: Persephone, hjkhj, M Dragon, Posho, Mellow, Aurella, Essence, Lycon, Ov3r Ac3, 5gen, Megazard and Karimero.

However, I want to mention with more emphasis the people that have been there during the performing of this team. They have participated more or less directly to its creation.

Zarikiasing – Thanks for sharing with me this passion. As you may probably know, this Vulpix is the vivid representation of you.

M – Aquest any ens espera ben enfeinats i amb nous reptes. Haig de començar a ficar-me les piles amb el teu projecte i t’espera una visita a London. Les patates amb pebre, boníssimes!! I moltes gràcies per recordar-te’n de mi. Espero que t’agradi com ha quedat el RMT i, òbviament, moltíssimes gràcies per ajudar-me amb el “banner” principal i amb els noms de cada un dels membres!

BanDisnDatnMe – We have not talked in a while Jo. However, I always keep you in a pedestal. I always will give you some credit of my RMTs to you because you were the sparkle to maintain me in this community. I hope in the future we will be able to build a team together. Rest a bit but come back, as I always say: Smogon needs your teams.

Cookees – What a beast you are. I have no words for your accomplishments. Speechless I am. Thanks for being a great dude and I consider you a fam and an inspiration for all my teams. I would be really glad to see you testing this team in a tier in which no stall can be used. Thanks for all!

tlenit1 – Toni thanks for everything. You have become someone really important for me in the community. Really love your teams and your amazing sets! I hope I can come to Finland someday!

Serene Grace – Thanks for the help and your input. Of course, you were the main inspiration for this specific team. Yours were a freezing fire!

Altariel von Sweep – Muchas gracias por tu ayuda y sugerencias. Eres el tipo de persona con el que cualquiera puede contra siempre.

h_n_g_m_n – Again thanks for this amazing banner. You capture accurately what I want in the banner. I could never have imagined something better. Thanks!

Reiga – Thanks for the patience. You did an amazing work for the Dragonite. Cute and comfy, a pure Dragonite :).

These credits' song is just astonishing. There is joy mixed with nostalgy because you have reached your main goal but now you have to search inside yourself to choose another one. I have added a cover that I find amazing, please give some likes to this amazing work they have done.

VI - Conclusions

This is the end of this RMT. My second one. I can say that it has been the most offense team I have ever played. As you may probably know I play stall and so on but I have some teams for BO and HO-Offense. But I have never played combining two movements that make HO themselves alone.

I love this team and it made me enjoy and discover deeply the Little Cup tier. I normally play games of 20 or more turns but this team practically all the games were 10 turns or less allowing me to play several in a short time. I really appreciated this because I do not have time at all (or very short).

I wanted to be a little different compared with other RMTers and I have added this little Chess-like game. Here you will find the replay and see if you have foreseen the left game well.

In the same way as a scientific paper, in the conclusions one writes down what it has learnt or discovered in a few words. My main statement here is the following one: HO in the SM LC tier is a very enjoyable playstyle with great success and output.

Pokémon is just to enjoy any piece of time you spend on it. Peace always in the battles against Hyper Offense or against Stall because, at the end, what makes you happy playing it is your attitude. Life is not easy, but it is not difficult. Life is life, face it with a big smile (like this Dragonite :D)!

1546466415338.png

Credits to Reiga for this amazing artwork.

See you all Pokémaniacs in the next RMT! :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright; glad I popped up today:
diglett.png

Diglett as a sash user is rather acceptable, but even in this instance you will want to fix your EVs from max HP to 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe. I'll have the import for this--and every other suggestion--below.
shellder.png

Hydro Pump on Shellder is rather odd; I know you state it is for Snubbull, and it seems like it would be helpful for this and only this. I think a variety of options would be better, notably Razor Shell or even Protect, so I am going to recommend Liquidation over Hydro Pump. I'm not certain it is needed or even better, but you might want to consider running Jolly on Shellder in order to outpace 18 speed Choice Scarfers.
vullaby.png

Lastly, I have always found that HP Grass over Dark Pulse on Vullaby is ideal. Dark Pulse seems rather nice, however HP Grass does more in terms of bolstering Vullaby's sweeping potential. This requires bumping Vullaby's Special Attack investment up to 240 evs however.

X-ray (Diglett) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Memento
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Infrared (Shellder) @ Eviolite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe
Lax Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear
- Liquidation

Visible Light (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 240 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Heat Wave

Hey Fiend,

Thanks for the suggestions!! Diglett spread makes all of sense and, as you may have probably seen in the Suggestions part of the RMT, Liquidation on Shellder and HP Grass on Vullaby are practically a must. I was testing them right now :).

Btw, thanks for getting out of your way and comment/discuss this team. I really appreciate it!

Jordi.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)