VGC 2017 Analysis Reservation Thread

VGC '17 Analysis Reservations
Now new and improved!

Welcome to the VGC 2017 skeleton reservation thread, where you can reserve an analysis for a Pokemon in the format that you're knowledgeable about. These are pieces designed for players of all skills to learn about a specific Pokemon's place within the metagame. Please read the entire post before reserving a Pokemon, even if you've written an analysis for another format, as the process we go through here may be different than you're used to.

Important Resource Threads
If you're new to C&C process here on Smogon, please take some time to read through the resource threads below.

The C&C Process
The process we're using for this year's VGC analyses will be slightly different to that of previous years. We're now shifting analyses over to a permanent skeleton format. This is so that it's much easier to make quick changes to analyses so they can better reflect the current metagame. Skeleton doesn't mean incomplete, however, so treat them as you would a final write-up in terms of content. Below is a walkthrough of each of the steps you need to take when writing:
  1. Reserve an analysis in this thread - Choose a Pokemon from the "Unreserved" list at the bottom of the OP in this thread that you feel confident writing about. Please check recent posts to ensure you don't reserve a Pokemon taken by somebody else, as recent reservations may not have been taken off of the unreserved list just yet. Afterwards, post in this thread to confirm your reservation.
  2. Post a WIP thread within 72 hours - Please do post this thread immediately, even if you haven't yet written anything, as it helps keep this thread up to date and makes your stake to a Pokemon clearer to other writers.
  3. Change to Quality Control - After you think your analysis has all the important points down, change the thread's tag to "Quality Control" and add "[QC: 0/2]" to its title. This opens it up to comments from other users and members of the QC team. When a member of the QC team comments on your analysis, please implement their suggestions completely and as soon as possible, updating the thread title to "1/2" and "2/2" accordingly.
  4. Change to GP - After receiving 2 QC checks, change the thread's tag to "Copyediting" and add "[GP: 0/1]" to the title. Then, post in the Grammar-Prose queue in order to have your analysis checked. You must implement full GP checks, but if you receive an AM check it's entirely up to your discretion as to your implementation.
  5. Change to Done - Change the thread's tag to "Done". You're finished! You should see your analysis on-site soon.

Rules and Notes
  • Anyone may reserve up to two Pokemon at a time. If you're a badgeholder, then you may reserve up to three.
  • Avoid editing your posts in this thread; double posting is fine. This is so that QC can receive alerts on changes.
  • Post here first when you reserve an analysis from the list, and again when you've completely finished with it.
  • If a Pokemon is not on the reservation list and you believe it should be, post in the Discussion Thread, not here.
  • Analyses showing minimal activity will be either scrapped or reassigned depending on the amount of progress.
    • If you'd like an extension for any stage of the C&C process please contact Carbonific with a reason.
  • Only reserve a Pokemon if you have knowledge of the metagame and of the Pokemon you'd like to write about.
  • All analyses must indicate that these are references and places to start but the most important thing within a VGC team is what particularly fits your team's needs.

Reservation List
These are the Pokemon currently up for reservation. More will be added to this list as analyses get completed for the higher priority Pokemon first. The highest priority Pokemon may only be available to either QC or badgeholders so, if you're not in one of those categories, please double check that your Pokemon isn't labelled as such before reserving.

High Priority:
Porygon-Z (Previous Attempt)
Salamence
Mudsdale
Mimikyu

Mid Priority:
Parasect
Hariyama
Mismagius
Braviary
Incineroar

Low Priority:
Drampa
Silvally
Primarina
Decidueye

Very Low Priority
Smeargle
Eevee
Oricorio Pom-Pom
Palossand
The analyses here have been reserved, but haven't had a thread posted yet.

* None at the moment

Last edited:

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
reserving Torkoal

edit: i would take more mons but i dont know any spreads so im just taking mons with 252/252 spreads :D

Last edited:
I know its not listed yet, but any chance to reserve Kommo-o?

Its in viability rankings on same rank as some low-priority mons so i think it could be atleast listed on low-priority mon :>

I know its not listed yet, but any chance to reserve Kommo-o?

Its in viability rankings on same rank as some low-priority mons so i think it could be atleast listed on low-priority mon :>
You can do it. I'm planning on updating the reservation list later today, including adding Kommo-o.

EDIT: Done.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)