VGC on IRC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is not a sign-up thread

As a special event for the opening of the Wi-Fi Tournaments Forum, I have decided to host a special IRC Wi-Fi Tournament! Behold...

VGC on IRC

Let's address the first two major details first.
  1. What is VGC?
    • VGC is referring to the Pokémon VGC (Video Game Championship um... series. They don't include the S) that Nintendo is hosting this year.
  2. What is IRC?
    • IRC (Internet Relay Chat) which, simply put, is chatrooms.
So, I'm hosting a simulation VGC Tournament. Because we're using IRC to communicate and announce, it's going to show you something similar to what you might expect in the upcoming event.

Join Process

Unlike most tournaments where you simply post to register for it, you're going to register as though you just came to a VGC Event. That's right, you are going to log onto our IRC chatroom and message me that you'd want to join the tournament.
  1. What do I do to sign up?
    • On the day of the tournament, message Sonuis on IRC with something about "I'd like to join" and include your Friend Code. No "it's in my sig" crap.
      • Always keep your Friend Code the same at all times. This means that you do not play your game on a different DS once your FC has been registered.
    • Be sure that you try and make your IRC Nickname the same as your Forum Nickname. If you are unable to do so, just make mention that you have a different forum nickname.
  2. How do I use IRC?
  3. What room do I join to sign up?
    • You are to join #smogonwifi to sign up.
  4. Wait- When does the tournament start?
The Tournament is on Saturday, April 25th. Registration Time: 9:00 AM, PDT - 10:00 AM, PDT. All further tournament details will be mention in #smogonwifi. This is a commitment tournament, so if you want to join, you must spend the entire time in #smogonwifi as long as you're still playing. There will be a lottery for players varying on how many we have. if we have slightly more than sixteen, we hold a lottery for the 16 spots. If there is more than 32, we hold a lottery for the 32 spots. 64 spots, a 64 lottery. 128 is the cap, like the real deal.

You should use this time to try and figure out how to use IRC if you are still confused. The server is still irc.dejatoons.net! You also do not need a registered IRC nickname to join #smogonwifi.

Requirements & Battle Rules

Official VGC Rules

However, I'm still going through all the rules and do the small revisions.
  • Players may only use North American versions of Pokémon™ Platinum Version.
    • For VGC on IRC, this is based on trust due to the fact that all matches will be played on Wi-Fi. But if you are caught without using Platinum (somehow) I won't DQ you.
  • THERE WILL BE NO REQUIREMENT FOR A TEAM AND ITEM LIST IN THIS TOURNAMENT DUE TO THE CONFUSION IT WILL CAUSE AND DELAYS/ETC.
    • Trust, you understand.
  • Each match will use the 2-on-2 format.
    • 4 pokémon are used.
  • Each Pokémon on a player’s team must be Level 50 or lower. The Pokémon Link Club Colosseum does not have an auto-level feature, so Pokémon that are Level 51 or higher cannot be adjusted down to Level 50, and are ineligible for this competition.
    • "Open Level" is to be selected as the method of play.
  • A player’s team may not contain two of the same Pokémon.
    • "Species Clause"
  • Each Pokémon on a player’s team may use held items, though no 2 Pokémon on a team may hold the same item.
    • Item Clause
    • Allowed items include held items from Pokémon™ Platinum Version, and earlier video games, including Berries 1–61. The Soul Dew item may not be used.
  • Players may not enter two Pokémon with the same nickname.
  • Players may not enter a Pokémon nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon character (for example, a Lucario nicknamed “Spiritomb”).
  • Players found to have inappropriate/offensive Trainer names or Pokémon nicknames, as determined by the event staff, will be disqualified from the event.
    • The nickname rules above are based on trust and show that you are able to abide by the actual VGC Rules
  • Players may use Pokémon found in the Pokémon™ Platinum Version National Pokédex, between 001 and 492, including those Pokémon imported from earlier video games, with the exception of those Pokémon listed below:
    • Mewtwo, Mew, Tyranitar, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Rotom, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin.
      • Arceus cannot be legally obtained, so thus it is not eligible for play.
      • If a pokémon has an alternate form (Shaymin Sky Forme for example), it is also illegal for play.
  • Pokémon may only use moves (including those learned in an earlier video game) which have been learned through one of the following methods:
    • By leveling up.
    • By TM or HM.
    • As an Egg move, or breeding.
    • From a Move Tutor.
    • Already learned by a Pokémon, which was received at an official Pokémon event or promotion.
    • Already learned by a Pokémon, which was received from another Pokémon game (such as the Pikachu that knows Surf, from Pokémon Battle Revolution).
    • By Smeargle’s “Sketch” move (limited to the above moves learned by Pokémon between 001 and 492).
      • Judgment is not allowed.
  • A player wins by knocking out his or her opponent’s final Pokémon.
  • If an attack knocks out both players’ last Pokémon, the player that used the attack loses the match and is eliminated from the event. This includes attacks such as Explosion, Selfdestruct, and Destiny Bond.
    • "Self-KO" Clause.
  • Players who are found to be intentionally delaying the pace of their match will be disqualified from the event.
  • Players who are tardy to their match for any reason will be disqualified from the event.
  • Hacking a pokémon, whether it is legal or not, is strictly forbidden.
    • This is a matter of trust sadly.
      • Understand that we will not make constant checks on games. Nintendo will do so however, and disqualify you whether you have a hacked pokémon to your knowledge or not.
Important Battle Rules Notes

If you actually read that in its entirety, you'll notice some missing standard Smogon Rules.
  • Sleep Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
We are strictly following the VGC Rules as to the best as we can. So none of those clauses will be put into effect. So remember this clearly.

Prize
  • A one-time Custom Title Change.
  • If you can change your Custom Title at anytime, then your prize is: Changing Sonuis's Custom Title and Avatar and it will stick for one month.
If you have any questions or need help still with connecting to IRC and joining #smogonwifi, contact Sonuis.

I hope to see many people at #smogonwifi on Saturday, April 25th, at 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM PDT to join and once registrations finish, and have fun.

Enjoy!

Because this is Wi-Fi, I will allow for level adjustment. No objections to this I hope.
Obvious objection to this: there might be people who want to use Level 1 Smeargles, but the Level 50 modifier would screw them up. Or Level 1 Kanghaskan's, or Starly's, etc. If you really want to simulate VGC, make sure it is Open Level.

Sonuis

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Obvious objection to this: there might be people who want to use Level 1 Smeargles, but the Level 50 modifier would screw them up. Or Level 1 Kanghaskan's, or Starly's, etc. If you really want to simulate VGC, make sure it is Open Level.
I suppose you're right on that. Plus it would be the equal case of doing the training. Works. Update!

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just a reminder, you can come on IRC (#smogonwifi) now and sign up for this, it's happening soon.

Sonuis

destroyer123 - 2836-6509-4310
Acorn - 3180 1966 6488
pablo - 0302 5742 0207
Havak - 3952-3538-3847
Macle - 2965-4523-2143
Siddarth - 2922-4751-2963

R2

Winner's Bracket

destroyer123 vs Pablo
Havak - Bye

Loser's Bracket

Acorn vs Macle
Siddarth - Bye

destroyer123 - 2836-6509-4310
Acorn - 3180 1966 6488
pablo - 0302 5742 0207
Havak - 3952-3538-3847
Macle - 2965-4523-2143
Siddarth - 2922-4751-2963

R2

Winner's Bracket

destroyer123 vs Pablo
Havak - Bye

Loser's Bracket

Acorn vs Macle
Siddarth - Bye
R3:

Winner's Bracket:

Pablo vs Havak

Loser's Bracket:

destroyer123 vs Siddarth
Acorn - Bye

R4

Winner's Bracket

Havak-Bye

Loser's Bracket

Acorn vs Pablo
destroyer123 -bye

R5

Winner's Bracket

Havak-Bye

Loser's Bracket

destroyer123 vs Pablo

R6

Havak vs Pablo

HAVAK WINS!

Hey guys, sorry for the late post, just figured some people might want to see an awesome battle I had, here's the Platinum video of it:

Pablo vs Havak
34-16068-37691

This was not the final match, but rather our Round 3 battle.

Hope you enjoy it guys!

Hopefully next time we can get SEVEN people with this new wonderful idea of WiFi tournaments subforum away from WiFi lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)