Video game recommendations?

If she likes RPGs, I would definitely recommend Chrono Trigger for the DS. There's also some really great stuff on the virtual console, namely Super Metroid and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (you mentioned she liked Zelda). A game I recently played and loved was Cave Story. It's a platformer with *some* RPG elements and a great story. You can download the Japanese game and the English patch for the computer (FOR FREE), or you can wait until it comes out on WiiWare. I would also HIGHLY recommend Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for the DS as well as Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. You can also get remakes of Final Fantasy III and IV on the DS, which are great. My friend loves a new internet MMO called Earth Eternal; I never got into it, but you might want to give it a try.

I know I never post here anymore, but I thought I'd do so just for old times (its getting hard to believe I joined 5 years ago...) These days I almost always recommend nethack or slash'em (extended nethack).

They are free to play, and some of the most open ended games I've ever played. The only problem is that they lack a good graphical interface (most people play it in ascii), and are intensely difficult. Slash'em is still the most rewarding game I've ever played though.

http://slashem.crash-override.net/

If she likes RPGs, I would definitely recommend Chrono Trigger for the DS. There's also some really great stuff on the virtual console, namely Super Metroid and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (you mentioned she liked Zelda). A game I recently played and loved was Cave Story. It's a platformer with *some* RPG elements and a great story. You can download the Japanese game and the English patch for the computer (FOR FREE), or you can wait until it comes out on WiiWare. I would also HIGHLY recommend Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for the DS as well as Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. You can also get remakes of Final Fantasy III and IV on the DS, which are great. My friend loves a new internet MMO called Earth Eternal; I never got into it, but you might want to give it a try.
Actually got a couple of games a few days ago so I should be good for a while.

As for your suggestions:
  • Chrono Trigger: Haven't seen anywhere, would probably get if I see it.
  • Virtual Console stuff: All the things I find interesting, I've gotten already. Either from VC or in other ways (I have Sonic Mega Collection so there's no reason for me to get Sonic games, for example. Another example: GBA Link to the Past).
  • Mario and Luigi/Zelda: Got for Xmas.
  • Final Fantasy: Could probably borrow a friend's copies.
And I don't think we're really MMO people.

Off-topic, I think a big "game suggestions" thread would be a good idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)