Walrus viliyr walrus

dun dun dun

this is a walrus

therefore, you will submit songs

and then expect me to score you!

and then i'll probably do that

scoring: any points above 7 are doubled(i.e. 7.6 becomes 8.2)
if i've never heard the song you submit you get 1 bonus point(this point can't be doubled by the above rule)
if you catfail, submit an example song, or submit anything by Sara Bareilles you will have your final score halved
top 25% will be full played, rest are at the mercy of my whim to their duration
try to submit everything at least 3 categories ahead, excepting cat10 which you can send anytime before cat 9 reveal(since it's finicky with the specific number)
all of the cat examples are lazy or nonexistent and i don't care
i actually don't have time to unembed so you just get song names

Cat 1: Duet
Submit a song where at some point in the song, exactly 1 male and 1 female are singing at the same time(nobody else, though others can come later/earlier)

Cat 2: Clips
Submit exactly 20 seconds from a full-length song.
no example you know what a song is

Cat 3: Rap
^
ex. Worldwide Choppers

Cat 4: Alone
Submit a song with at least some lyrics about loneliness(either in love or in, well, not.)
ex. Ask the Lonely

Cat 5: Love
Submit a song about a thriving(no breakup/goodbye songs tyty) relationship/romance.
ex. I'm Yours

Cat 6: Gestation
Submit a song from 2000 or 2001.
ex. Drops of Jupiter

Cat 7: Instrumental
Self-explanatory
ex. Moonlight Sonata

Cat 8: Gamer
Submit a song from a video game.
ex. Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Cat 9: Generation
Submit a song from 1971 or earlier.
ex. The Sound of Silence

Cat 10: Mediocrity
a 6 is a 10(pre-doubling); each point away from 6 is 1.5 points below 10.
see the clips category for an example

pandering things:
don't submit anything which has lyrics which are too fast/quiet/loud for me to even attempt to understand(foreign language shit will go fine though); will score 0 points
good lyrics will score not-zero points
follow the koc mantra of 'anything in tune' to not receive a complete shitty score
alternatively, submit something not in tune but funny or w/e(still has to be bearable though) and still don't receive a completely shitty score
cats 1/2/4/5/8 i expect to receive higher scores than the others(cat10 notwithstanding it doesn't count); take this as you will

submit by around 8 pm est on the 15th please! if you can't finish at least get in the first four or so and get in the rest asap

Last edited:
So talk me through Cat 2, because searching for 20 second videos with songs on YT brings up videos which aren't 20 seconds, a few things I wouldn't send to you, and archived advertisements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)