Walrus Water Princess Walrus [sign ups]

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
giphy.gif

Hello and welcome to my first Walrus! For those of you who still don't know this is a forum game where I design or steal categories and you must submit a song for me to grade that fits the category provided for each round, a fun way to listen to and hopefully discover some new music for everyone involved. Everyone's choice of song will be revealed at a time provided by me after grading everything in the Walrus Discord server. Scoring will be on a grade from 1-10, 1 being i'd rather not listen to this ever and 10 being I fell in love with this and considering this one of the best songs I have ever heard, a masterpiece.

Scoring as follows

10 = Masterpiece
9 = Great
8 = Very Good
7 = Good
6 = Fine
5 = Average
4 = Bad
3 = Very Bad
2 = Horrible
1 = Appalling

I'm a pretty lenient grader with everything so it's not very likely most people will find a score below a 5 unless you really found something I absolutely detest.

When submitting:
I will only accept submissions through Smogon PM. Also, do not submit over multiple posts in the PM. If you want to change anything or send some submissions in later than others, edit the original post of the PM and reply to the conversation saying what category/categories you have just submitted to or changed your submission for.

The number of examples isn’t fixed from category to category; I’m just put as many as I can be fucked to put. Sometimes that’s gonna be a lot, other times it might just be 2 songs.

If a song/video is listed as an example for a category, you are not allowed to submit it for that category. HOWEVER, submitting that song to any other category is fair game—after all, I have merely listed them as examples and, as such, there is no guarantee that they will score anything better than middling. Listing as an example does not impact the rating I will give it if you submit to another category, and I will not be pander-capping any submissions.

Now lets get to the categories.
Like llamas, I appreciate a song with a girl vocalist. This means no boys allowed for the first category, boys can be in the band but the girl must be the only person singing the song you send me. for this one

Examples -
Lights - Savage
Lorde - Perfect Places

In this category I will be banning my least favorite song of all time from being submitted so do not submit Barracuda by heart, or anything by heart, if you don't want a big fat fuckin 0

For this category I want a song with fantastic instrumental or a killer beat, lyrics are only half the battle in music, if it doesn't have a killer instrumental or beat behind it it's never going to be great, you wont be graded based on the amount of singing in the song, there can even be none like 2 of the 3 songs in the example, you'll be graded on a combination of beat/instrumental + my general opinion of the song.

Examples -
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Little Wing
Eric Johnson - Cliffs Of Dover
MF DOOM ft RZA - The Books of War

Really make sure to listen to the examples in this category if you don't in any other, It's hard to describe with words but I feel both of the first 2 songs manage to tell you a story without saying a single word, they're beautiful and both are amazing guitarists who's talent and styles create works of beauty. The third song is great too, killer beat, good lyrics, just another doom song.

The ageless debate that made it's way into the music industry, which side of the USA is better? Now i'm a lover of rap and hip hop which is heavily preferred for this specific category but knowing that everyone isn't the same as me you may submit something that isn't rap but realize that this is a category dedicated to rap and hip hop. You only have to submit 1 song here, not 2, submit your favorite and I will decide who wins the timeless debate by the amount of submissions for each side of the country and which I like better.

A Tribe Called Quest - Butter
Kendrick Lamar ft Dr Dre - The Recipe

so which is better? the city that never sleeps and the east coast or the sunshine state?

What's the song that gets you ready to face the world? The song you submit here should be something you listen to before an important game, it's the song that always gets you in the mood to take on anything, basically it just amps you up.

Although it's meant to be a hype song don't get that mistaken with fast, it can be a slow song that calms you down and focuses you as well, basically this is the 1 song that you listen to before your game, it's the song that gets you into the zone.

Example -

Protest the Hero - Sequoia Throne
Jay-z ft Kayne West - Ni**as in Paris

What exactly is happening in this song, what the hell is up with this video? What planet is this from??????? This category is about music that makes you ask questions, but not in a bad way - you like the music you're sending me but why is it the way it is, is what you don't understand. The video matters for this category because that's part of the wtf randomness that's happening.

Examples -
Grimes - Kill v Maim
Calvin Harris Ft Frank Ocean & Migos - Slide - The video is literally palm trees wtf

Everyone has a song that has a deep special meaning to them, and usually only you know the true meaning behind it, I want to know the song AND the meaning as to why it's so special to you, I won't share the meaning with anyone else I promise.

Examples -
Pink Floyd - Wish you were here - This song holds special meaning to me because i've lost a lot of people in my life, and truthfully, I just wish I could take it all back and redo the time I had with them
Hedley - For the nights I can't remember - This song was mine and my best friends song when his dad died, it was our song for the brief time we tried dating and it's been our song ever since. It never fails to remind me of the day I went to the funeral home and he cried in my arms for an hour.

you'll be graded on song for this not the reason, but I do want to know the reason what makes the song so special for you

Pretty self explanatory and i'm not the first one to come up with this, send me your absolute favorite song, can be anything, just send me the one song you'll always love - Mine is wish you were here so i'm not going to link it again

im adding a cat SORRY!!!! Recently (as in the last couple days) i've taken a liking to the funky stuff, send me your jazzy, funky things as the final category, sorry for adding one this late!

examples -
Cuphead - Floral Fury (boss)
Caravan Palace - Lone Dagger

A little about my music taste.

I listen to mostly everything with a heavy intake of rap, hip-hop, rock, metal and more recently blues, avoid country at all costs if you want to get a passing grade in this. I don't listen to many newer things like lil uzi vert or whatever the fuck his name is. I'm a sucker for some zeppelin, I love Stevie Rae, kendrick is jesus but dont just submit him for the east vs west battle and bruce springsteen could father my children and i'd be okay with it, chances are you wont submit something I truly hate if you avoid country.

Good luck and have fun everyone! Sign ups will close on January 31st

Da Letter El
PDC
Steven Snype
Eren
MyNameIsNothing
qsns
atomicllamas
Elise
Robert Alfons
Aladyyn
Paraplegic
Laptops
Lectyrs
myzozoa
knightsofcydonia
sam
marilli
Lord Gaius
SketchUp
Walrein
Memoric

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)