SPOILERS! "What Isn't A Pokemon Yet" Repository (+ Type Combinations & Super Forms)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
LIST REMOVAL:
"Woodpecker" has been removed from the Bird list.

QUESTION:
Should "Humanoid Robot" be removed from the Objects list because of Magearna?

QUESTION:
I don't think it's necessary. Surely, Magearna resembles humans but I don't think it's on par with things like Medicham or Jynx. It has arms, legs, a head above it's neck and a face; but Infernape and Swampert have those too. It's hard for me to put it into words. When you say "humanoid robot", I think it has to be something like that robot in Metropolis or a Steel type Tyrogue.

LIST REMOVAL:
QUESTION:

Nah man, Magearna looks more like a bipedal rabbit to me.

Anyways... as we know rodents are no strangers to the franchise, but Pokemon designers have yet to tackle the King of Rodents, the capybara. An elegant, semi-aquatic beast, the capybara has the honorable distinction of being the largest rodent in the world. Fun thing is, I can sometimes spot some of them outside my college campus and one of these days I got myself thinking what they'd be like if they were in fact pokemon lol.

edit:

@below Ahh, I didn't see it sorry. :P

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Anyways... as we know rodents are no strangers to the franchise, but Pokemon designers have yet to tackle the King of Rodents, the capybara. An elegant, semi-aquatic beast, the capybara has the honorable distinction of being the largest rodent in the world. Fun thing is, I can sometimes spot some of them outside my college campus and one of these days I got myself thinking what they'd be like if they were in fact pokemon lol.
It's already on the list, I put it together with the hamster and guinea pig since they're closely related.

"Isn't Dedenne a hamster?"

LIST UPDATE:
Hamster has been removed from the Mammal-Rodent/Small Mammal because I am a derp.

However I'm still keeping the guinea pig and capybara together because honestly if they do a capybara it would be easy to throw a guinea pig or even another hamster Pokemon as a pre-evolution.

I see raccoon on the list...

I thought this guy was a fusion of badger and raccoon?

Oh and what do you mean by a "real" scorpion?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I see raccoon on the list...

I thought this guy was a fusion of badger and raccoon?

Oh and what do you mean by a "real" scorpion?
1. The Zigzagoon family really takes more from the Tanuki than any other animal. "Racoon" being on the list means a Pokemon whom most of its traits can be related back to a racoon besides some design cues.

2. When something has "Real" next to it it's usually an asking for a redo for the animal. The Pokemon they have based on it either doesn't quite capture the animal its based on or it's a fused design.

Thanks to Cutiefly and Drampa you can remove Bug/Fairy and Normal/Dragon from the list.

EDIT: Togedemaru, Tapu Koko and the Vikavolt line also mean you can remove Electric/Steel, Electric/Fairy and Bug/Electric from the "Done by only one family" list.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Thanks to Cutiefly and Drampa you can remove Bug/Fairy and Normal/Dragon from the list.

EDIT: Togedemaru, Tapu Koko and the Vikavolt line also mean you can remove Electric/Steel, Electric/Fairy and Bug/Electric from the "Done by only one family" list.
TYPE LIST CHANGES:
Bug/Fairy & Normal/Dragon combinations have been moved from the "Not Done Yet" to "Done Only By One Family" list.

2. Electric/Steel, Electric/Fairy, & Bug/Electric combinations have been removed from the "Done Only By One Family" list.

I don't know if this has been listed yet, but:

Bedbug.

While working late at my Publix, I had a moment of inspiration. As one of the customers was leaving, I had the temptation to add, "good night, don't let the bedbugs bite", but this isn't the sort of thing that would probably be proper to do with a stranger. And then I wished we had a Bedbug Pokémon, because I'm such a nerd. I've referred to bananas as Nanabs and strawberries as Rawsts!

But the interesting thing is, I thought of a Bug/Psychic or Bug/Ghost line, that much like the Hypno line, eats dreams/sleep/energy of sleeping victims, causing the victim to wake up just as tired as when he or she went to sleep. I thought this would be an interesting lore, even if it isn't based on anything in real life mythology.

And I'd expect that if Game Freak tackled the Bedbug Pokémon, they'd come up with something equally interesting.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Wait, that wasn't even already there? I didn't check, because I wanted to share my idea regardless!
Nope, it wasn't on the list.

Though at the same time please remember the purpose of this thread is to list possible things that can be made into Pokemon (and show that Pokemon isn't running out of ideas). It's not to speculate what can be done with the idea. That would go against Smogon's rule of wishlisting. We don't know what GameFreak will do with the animal/object/concept, but we can at least know what it is.

Nope, it wasn't on the list.

Though at the same time please remember the purpose of this thread is to list possible things that can be made into Pokemon (and show that Pokemon isn't running out of ideas). It's not to speculate what can be done with the idea. That would go against Smogon's rule of wishlisting. We don't know what GameFreak will do with the animal/object/concept, but we can at least know what it is.
Yes, I know, but technically, it wasn't wish listing, so much as sharing a specific moment of inspiration with those who read this thread. Not to sound arrogant, but I thought it was brilliant! Like I said, I expect Game Freak to be creative and use a similar idea.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
TYPE LIST CHANGE:
The combination of Fire/Poison has been moved from the "Not Done Yet" list to the "Done Only By One Family" list.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
TYPE LIST CHANGE:
The combination Normal/Fighting has been moved from "Not Done Yet" to the "Done Only By One Family" list.
2. The combination Ghost/Fairy has been moved from "Not Done Yet" to the "Done Only By One Family" list.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
LIST UPDATE:
1. "Clydesdale" has been removed from the Mammals list.
2. The type combination Bug/Water has been moved from the "Not Done Yet" list to the "Done Only By One Family" list. As a result of this, every type combination as been done with the Water-type (that remains Bug/Water (hopefully)).

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
LIST UPDATE:
"Clydesdale" has been removed from the Mammals list.
2. The type combination Bug/Water has been moved from the "Not Done Yet" list to the "Done Only By One Family" list. As a result of this, every type combination as been done with the Water-type (that remains Bug/Water (hopefully)).

Bug/Water was a thing before because of Surskit.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
POKEMON LIST CHANGES:
1. "Donkey" has been removed from the Mammal list.
2. "Malaysian Orchid Mantis" has been removed from the Bug-Insect list.

TYPE LIST CHANGES:
The combinations Ice/Steel, Ice/Fairy, & Grass/Dragon has been moved from "Not Done Yet" to the "Done Only By One Family" list.
2. The combination Ghost/Flying has been removed from the "Done Only By One Family" list.

Last edited by a moderator:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
After the creation of a separate Sun/Moon subforum, we try as much as possible to contain all Gen VII spoilers in there. For some threads, these are not practical, in which case we urge you all to use hide tags. I took the liberty of inserting them in PikachuNumbers' post above.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
After the creation of a separate Sun/Moon subforum, we try as much as possible to contain all Gen VII spoilers in there. For some threads, these are not practical, in which case we urge you all to use hide tags. I took the liberty of inserting them in PikachuNumbers' post above.
Oh, sorry, I'll keep that in mind for future posts. :)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Pokemon List Changes:
"Sea Cucumber" removed from "MARINE-Sponge/Echinoderm/Clam".
2. "Bioluminescent Fungi" removed from "PLANTS/FUNGUS". (Fun fact: A type of Bioluminescent Fungi is called Foxfire, sometimes called FAIRY Fire)

Type List Changes:
The combinations Electric/Psychic has been moved from "Not Done Yet" to the "Done Only By One Family" list.
2. The combination Grass/Fairy & Fire/Ghost has been removed from the "Done Only By One Family" list.

Questions:
Should I remove "Anchovies" from "MARINE-Fish"? Wishiwashi is based on sardines which are part of the order Clupeiformes, the same as anchovies. Both are similar in appearance and behavior, the only reason I put anchovies on the list is due to their significance in food.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)