Other Features What Moves You: Later Gen Moves that would redefine RBY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This article would be in a similar vein to Crystal_'s work on what new gen mons would look like if transplanted to RBY. This article is similar, except it will go into what moves would reshape that metagame.

Assumptions: 1.The Pokemon must learn the newer gen move in it's Level-up movepool in any gen to qualify. This isn't one of those GSC Egg Tradebacks fantasy fests (I also don't want the RBY players to kill me...).
2. No New Gen Pokemon - as awesome as it is to envision newer gen Pokemon with moves, that would make it more like grafting RBY mechanics onto Gen V then pushing new gen moves onto older Pokemon.
3. Move clones in later Gens will revert back to their closest original Gen counterpart (e.g. Outrage would be 70 BP to match Petal Dance as an uncontrollable special move, Leaf Blade would be its original 70BP, etc.)
4. No Dark or Steel moves because they just can't translate back well.

Outline:

Assumptions
Introduction
Megahorn / X-Scissor
Psycho Cut
Dragon Dance
Sand Tomb
Rock Polish
Stone Edge
Drill Run
Brick Break
Revenge
Stealth Rock
The Biggest Winners
The Biggest Losers
Conclusion

Yup, this sounds like an interesting follow-up. I enjoy speculation-type articles. If you didn't interpet Birkal's post as an approval, this is your licence to go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)