Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 208 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Moonlight
- Signal Beam

-With Scyther being choice banded set, team actually has no fighting resist. I didnt even pay attention to the importable so i recklessly posted grumpig which would otherwise be great partner since eviolite scyther is fighting check itself. After thinking whethever vileplume/weezing or musharna would be the best fit, I decided to go with musharna because its the only one that can pass defensive cores and actually check psychic types which this team lacks. I stole the EV spread from eternally, it allows it to pivot in magmortar / pyroar better and avoid the 2 ko after rocks, which automatically makes it better sp.def tank for team, while rest of Evs is in def to still maintain the physical bulk.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder / Hidden Power [Fire]

Definitely the first thing you notice about the team is the massive weakness to Fighting-types as well as being pretty weak to HP Rock Lilligant. Vileplume covers both of these while also absorbing Toxic Spikes, which is another big plus because Hitmonchan gets pooped on by Garbodor and Weezing. Normally I'd use Garbodor to fill a slot like this though the team can't really afford any more Pokemon that Rhydon can set up on.

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alright, that's a win for Blast . Congrats!
This week's team is a cool Offense team, featuring Lilligant, Combusken as well as the classic KangaSpikes core, supported by bulky Rotom which can spread Wisps for days.

Rotom @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hex
- Pain Split

Lilligant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Combusken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Baton Pass
- Protect

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes

You know the drill by now.. you have until Friday to post!

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.

Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Rock Tomb/Earth Power

ayy aurorus
-First thing I noticed was team lacking stealth rocker, then I did /ds command and checked most viable ones for HO, archeops was looking a bit off because team isnt fully HO with bulky rotom /garbodor spread and rhydon fits a bit bulkier builds, so I went with aurorus which also hits waters with freeze dry for combusken and its a nice lilligant partner as well. Sash is standard item for offense teams and it cuts recovery from bulkier psychic types as well as vileplume which this team doesnt like facing.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Barbaracle @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Razor Shell
- Return / Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Barbaracle normally runs a Shell Smash set for obvious reasons but I think a straight-up offensive Stealth Rock set would fit this team for a number of reasons. Firstly, the team lacks a Stealth Rock user, and Barbaracle can force a lot of switches and get opportunities to set the move up to help Lilligant, Combusken, and Kangaskhan clean up. Xatu won't try and switch into this guy either so that's nice. Secondly, Combusken can pass Barbaracle speed boosts and potentially give it a sweeping opportunity later on once it's done its job. You could probably run a Kabutops variant over this if you want Rapid Spin support too but I don't think it's a huge priority for this team.

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

the structure of the team generates a lot of offensive pressure through the utility of spikes and tspikes, but often struggles to task a mon as a switch-in towards huge offensive threats such as tauros and offensive archeops. combusken is pretty much the only reliable check to both of these provided that it can obtain the speed boost easily, but then again, the use of protect allows for a free switch for the opposition and it still comes down to the accuracy of the respective moves to be used. rotom-n can be argued to be a tauros switch-in but i feel the more offensive role it partakes in forces it to switch in and out often which causes the rocks damage to wear it down constantly to the point that it can't be considered a reliable switch-in to tauros late game. furthermore, i noticed immediately the lack of a rocker in the team, which i feel is pivotal to every team, and since the team as earlier mentioned functions more offensively, i decided to fit rhydon with megahorn > swords dance as rotom-n runs pain split > signal beam, which i personally believe to have its own merits against checking malamar, so therefore the use of megahorn allows rhydon to circumvent the superpower boosts that malamar is often available to easily obtain up against tank rhydon.

Aggron @ Shuca Berry | Rock Head
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe | Adamant
Stealth Rock / Head Smash / Heavy Slam / Low Kick

It's no secret that this team needs a Stealth Rock setter. Rhydon is probably the most consistent pick, but Aggron offers some significant utility that the team needs: a way to beat Mega Audino. Right now, your best bet against Mega Audino is Garbodor, but without any hazard control on this team and few ways to pressure opposing hazard setters, Garbodor is going to struggle to check all the things it needs to, set Spikes, and beat Mega Audino without getting too worn down too quickly. Shuca Berry allows you to use Aggron to check opposing Kangaskhan, which are scary to deal with once they're in safely. It also gives you a backup check to Tauros, a counter to Swellow, and a solid check to Mesprit, another very threatening Pokemon for this team. Rhydon has to choose between beating Mesprit and Mega Audino with either Megahorn or Swords Dance, but Aggron does both without having to sacrifice valuable moveslots.

Shadestep

volition immanent
ryan wins in a very close one congratulations!!

this weeks team features U-turn Archeops which is very strong and a superthreatening mon in NU right now. it's supported by Special Defog Skuntank and Physdef HW Mesprit. LO Manectric is very threatening and forces loads of switches. standard AV Yama with standard creep is an amazing special tank as always.

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Roost

Skuntank @ Expert Belt
Ability: Aftermath
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Defog

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Manectric @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch

You may now post your suggestions! It will run from now to Fridaynight, most likely!

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Clear Smog/Toxic
- Recover

-Gastrodon is a great addition to this team since its storm drain ability provides a water immunity which this team lacks. Its also a good rock resist and evades a 2Ko from banded head smash aggron while checking big threats like archeops and DD rhydon. Moveset is standard, Clear smog allows it to deal with setup sweepers and toxic is option to cripple common switchins.

Last edited:

Rapture

I got so much time today

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
DD Rhydon works great as a last here, gives the team another normal and flying resist which is cool since the squad is somewhat pressured by Scyther as it is. Also gives the team a more defined win condition that does a good job of softening teams up for Archeops to clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)