What's Their Last? - ON BREAK

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
With a significant lead in votes, marilli takes the week with Band Gyarados! As for the actual last...

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 128 SpA / 28 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

I really needed another answer solid to landorus-t as well as a ground immunity and rotom-w does just that. the evs live a kang return + fake out so I can burn it if I need to. I also get another good diancie answer.

The team and winning submission will be added to the Hall of Fame. As per usual, marilli, if you would like to provide next week's team, send me a PM with the importable and description for the first five members!

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Protect
- Quick Guard

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 220 HP / 36 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Tailwind
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 244 HP / 132 Def / 72 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

Thanks to marilli for providing this week's team, here's the description I received:

"Team is built around Bisharp + Terrakion core. Terra draws Lando-T and spreads chip damage, and Bisharp takes advantage by threatening KO on stuff after Rock Slide damage. Terrak beats stuff like Kanga, Zard-Y, Heatran, etc. for Bisharp. We wanted something to beat the threats to this core: Amoonguss, Keldeo, Mega Diancie, Volcanion, Rotom-W, etc. Fast Thundurus-T is an offensive solution to all these Pokemon, so it looked like a great start.

Latios offers solution to Fighting-types, Rotom, Volcanion, Amoonguss, etc. and offers necessary speed control.

We still have issues with Landorus-T and Diancie, and did not have a mega, and Mega Venusaur has generally good matchup with all of the above, and is a Spore switch-in."

So, what's their last? Submissions close 11:59pm EST on Monday, Aug 29!

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Beat Up
- Memento
- Protect

first off I want a fast beat up user for Terrakion. There is no one better that Dugtrio for this as it give the benefit of Arena trap.

Also to support Terrakions sweeping ability I run Memento to make it hard for opponents to kill it.

Also this team needs a Heatran check
252 Atk Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 336-400 (103.7 - 123.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

additionally Gardevoir looks like a tough match up. Memento helps a bit with that

Last edited:

Volcanion @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 96 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Protect

Team needs an Amoonguss switchin, a fire type, and could probably do with a set up Pokemon to take advantage of some free turns. With Sub volcanion you get a decent Trick Room check (Venusaur is OK but loses to most setters and Bisharp can't take a hit). The team is also generally offensive but you get a nice balanced partner for Venusaur with Volcanion. The team also wants a decent switchin to Talonflame so this spread can always take 2 LO brave birds. The team looks like it might be a bit rain & Heatran weak if it went with Heatran so I chose Volc.

edit: sigh sniped, but mine wasn't a reserve post so maybe give it to me : )

Last edited:

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

This team really lacks any offensive presence to Landorus-T and steel types in general. And although this guy ain't so popular, it is confirmed (through online moveset calculator) to be the best for the job. Since this team already has enough Fairy/Kyube counters, there is no point in putting Iron Head or Flash Cannon. Rather, I placed Hidden Power Ground (Guaranteed KO for Heatran), Flamethrower (Guranteed Painless KO for Ferrothorn), and Ice Beam (obviously for Landorus-T and other Flying types). If the matchup is unfavorable, you can always U-turn.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

i thought n1n1 reserved this but now i see dugtrio. heatran gives a fire type that can wall talonflame, which bops 4/6 of the team's members, provides a non psychic weak fairy check , and shuca lets the triple ground weakness be slightly better. not much are a fan of sub shuca so feel free to use flash cannon to improve fairy match up.

talkingtree

large if factual
And with that submissions are closed, so it's voting time! Was their last...

n1n1's Dugtrio
KyleCole's Volcanion
Test Bot #'s Genesect
Silverwhiteblue's Heatran

Voting will be open until Thursday, Sep 1 at noon EST!

talkingtree

large if factual
With a convincing lead, KyleCole wins the week with Volcanion! As for the actual last...

Volcanion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Overheat
- Protect

This particular Volcanion set was used to handle Azurachi alongside Mega Venusaur, threatens Lando-T which is still a big threat, etc. Steels are a fairly heavy deterrance to Mega Venusaur so Volcanion helps in that regard as its partner.

So, not only did Kyle win the week, he also guessed the correct Pokemon!

KyleCole if you would like one of your teams to be featured next, please send it to me along with the corresponding descriptions!

talkingtree

large if factual
I went out of town and forgot all about Smogon, oops

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 8 HP / 152 Def / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sunny Day

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 144 Atk / 56 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Hydreigon @ Black Glasses
EVs: 36 HP / 32 Def / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Tailwind
- Protect

Thanks to KyleCole for providing this week's team, here's what he had to say about the first 5 members:

The team was built to be an "old school" looking defensive Mega Gardevoir team with the right & creative sets to handle the current DOU. I started with Gardevoir/Heatran/Amoonguss/Lando-T, then filled in the sets. Gard is cm to check sub cm sylv & has a set that can maintain speed with some bulk. Heatran is a good sun check, it uses sub for Trick Room and has a Timid nature to outspeed other Heatran and Volcanion. Amoonguss is a fair rain check but has sunny day to help that MU and help Heatran in general. Landorus is Scarf and survives a +1 Bisharp Sucker, 2 -1 LO Talon BBs, or an HP ice from Bulky thund. Hydreigon supplies Tailwind, a very good check to Hoopa/Volcanion, and is a great sun check. Hydrei is EVd to survive a hit from Mega Kangaskhan.

Submissions close Wednesday Sep 7 at 11:59pm EST!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)