Project What's Their Last? v2 Week 5: Double Dance Mew BO (Submission Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Noisy

sehna padega thoda
Reserving heatran
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Since this team has alot of trouble breaking through stuff like ferrothorn,steela and scizor just wins

Last edited:
I would like to thank my momma for always believing in me XD
Ok seriously though, while testing the team I found Defog Rotom-W to be unbelievebly anoying so yeah, Toxic over T-spikes makes alot of sens

Onto the nex round

Blacephalon @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
(Why I initially gave this a Z crystal when Mew already has one is beyond me...)

I think this mon offers some decent support to the team and vice versa. Most of all, SubCM Blace helps with the stall match up. SubCM Blace + AshGren break stall very nicely. This team already handles most thing buut SubCM Blace just adds on some extra pressure to make things just that much easier. Toxapex is not a problem per se but it is defenitely a nuisance (as always lol). Lando and Bulu can 2HKO but they fear scald burns like the plague. Bulu aslo needs terrain up. Kartana needs to remove Sludge and get some decent chip before hoping to net a 2HKO with Leaf Blade. Kartana also hates burns (I'm seing a pettern here...). Gren needs to pray for like >9000 flinches to beat Pex...While Mew can OHKO, it relies on its Z-move and even that needs rocks chip for the guaranteed OHKO...SubCMe dosen't actually beat Pex, but it just adds on to the pressure this team already put on the urchin. Much like with Pex, fat steels aren't an actual problem, but they can sometimes be a real nuisance. Mons like AV Mag, Ferro, Steela and M-Scizor can be anoying cuz they can take advantage of Kartana being locked into the wrong move or force you to risk the Pump with Ash-Gren or require you to set up with Mew before hand or pack coverage to severely dent your defensive back bone making them unreliable switch ins. SubCM Blace just blows past all of these little anoyances the team has and applies a ton of pressure. I went with SubCM cuz having half your team choiced locked is meh so Scarf or Specs was off the table. Sub also helps against common counters that rely on priority to beat you (Bish, Mawile, Mumukyu). I like Blast over Thrower cuz you get the 2HKO on AV Mag and Steela without needing a boost. The point of this mon is not to be the star but rather to just help break down whatever is annoying on the opposing team so other teammates can shine. That said, Blace can also act as a win con provided the appropriate match up.
What struck me the most however is how well this team supports Blace. This might be some reverse thinking but I initially thought of Blace not because it supports the team, but rather becase the theam supports Blace just so much. This team almost seems designed to beat mons like Ttar, Weavile and Heatran. Hazard stacking + Rocky Helmet chip + Knock spam to remove lefties also helps Blace, especially since this set lacks the initial breaking power of specs.
It also completes the FWG core I guess...if your that sort of person...

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo
I wanted to use mlop but they already taken it so I opted with the next mon I think would be great in this team:
chari x sprite.gif

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

I think this has good synergy with the team, eleminating mon like celesteela, magearna, scizor and other steels for mew, and tangrowth and bulu for ash gren and bulu, he can't be burnt so he can be an entry on some scalds.
It complets ur Fire Water Grass core and ur Fairy Steel Dragon Core too.
Toxapex is still a nuisance, because if it is pdef toxa, charizard 3HKOs it and has 50% to 2HKOing it after rocks, meanwhile it can spam tspikes or toxic.

Last edited:

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off​

This week presents an interesting challenge, as it's been a while since I've really seen offensive Mew. When I started thinking about a potential last I saw a few fairly important roles I like to have covered not being filled on the team. I wanted a bit of a bulkier steel, I wanted some pressure vs stall as I don't trust Mew to do so with M-Sableye and Chansey running around, and I wanted a way to pressure Celesteela and Ferrothorn since at this point the teams best bet is pressuring Celesteela with either Gren or trying to boost past it with Mew (which I'm not confident is possible when factoring in Mew isn't running any sort of recovery). These empty roles lead me to the Pokemon that may just be the best mega right now in M-Mawile.

Extremely simple moveset. Swords Dance gives Mawile a lot of breaking power to the point you really only need to worry about Unaware Quagsire on stall teams, but you can smack that with a Knock Off, and then proceed to go to Specs Gren, Kart, or Bulu (take your pick) to pressure it out. Play Rough is strong spammable stab that lets you threaten anything that doesn't resist. Sucker Punch provides some priority which helps when dealing with threats that might have set up or are just naturally fast. The biggest issue for the team with M-Mawile is the fact Volcarona goes crazy, but I decided to really sure up the match up vs fatter teams instead of going with something like Mega tar that can help that mu, but then has more trouble with stall. The only saving grace to that is Shuriken from Gren, Sucker Punch from Mawile, scarf kart which gets some chip, and then trying to make sure rocks stay up to help keep that manageable (I'd make the Bulu Stone Edge to try and catch it, but that's not the point of this thread). Then finally Knock Off gives M-Mawile a way to hit Ferrothorn, Celesteela, and Toxapex among others for some nice damage, especially after an SD.

Overall M-Mawile handles a lot of the threats the team was struggling with beforhand, while meshing with the rest of the team pretty solidly. It should be noted M-Mawile appreciates playing with Bulu who can set terrain allowing M-Mawile to not fear defensive Lando-t as much. Ash Gren is also a great offensive partner as it sets Spikes, which allows Mawile to tear through teams that much easier. Finally Lando-t provides U-turn to get Mawile into the game easier which is appreciated. As I mentioned earlier it may not be the perfect last, but it does a pretty decent job getting the team to where it needs to be.

Last edited:

Tokyo Sonata

formerly Toanyone
Manectric mega.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat / Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice

Manectric does not have a range of sets but in this team it fits great. Double Intimidate core with Landorust.Manectric does not have a range of sets but in this team it fits great. Double Intimidate core with Landorust and interesting volturn. That combined with grassy terrain of Bulu is good support. It allows me to eliminate threats like Scizor / Ferro and mons passives like Steela and Toxa. You can also face other mons fast dark like Weavile etc. Hp Ice is help for zygarde and the landt himself. Taking advantage of the pressure of Spikes specs ninja and SR of landt with its speed can be a problem for the opposite. As an important fact, it is a good check by Mega Pinsir that is poorly absorbed here.. That combined with grassy terrain of Bulu is good support. It allows me to eliminate threats like Scizor / Ferro and mons passives like Steela and Toxa. You can also face other mons fast dark like Weavile etc. Hp Ice is help for zygarde and the landt himself. Taking advantage of the pressure of Spikes specs ninja and SR of landt with its speed can be a problem for the opposite. As an important fact, it is a good check by Mega Pinsir that is poorly absorbed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)