Whats this Monkey Business here? (LAMT)

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Here is a funny, evil concept I want to try out.

Ninjask[SECTS] @ Leftovers
Jolly (+Spd, -SA)
<Speed Boost>
EVs: 232 HP/112 Def/92 Speed/72 SD.
~ Substitute
~ Swords Dance
~ Baton Pass
~ Aerial Ace

Set at 416 speed to outdo Adamant AS or Endversal Cross. AA to take out said Cross, since the rest of my team isn't that great at it. Its job is to get at least 1 speed boost and pass to:

Primeape[HAXAPE] @ Leftovers
Adamant (+Atk, -SA)
<Anger Nerve>
EVs: 8 HP/136 Atk/128 Def/236 Speed.
~ Substitute
~ In-Fight
~ Punish
~ Taunt

The main event here. Anger Nerve provides a +6 Attack Boost if Primeape gets CH'ed, and the brilliant part is it works even if the CH is on a Sub. Therefore, Primeape stalls until it gets +6 Atk. What about Psuedo-Hazers you say? Those fools get Taunted. Anything else that tries to be a smart-aleck and set up gets greeted by Punish. The set still has problems, like priority moves, but thankfully one of the most likely users, CB Manmuu, gets OHKO'd by In-Fight. Speaking of things that get OHKO'd by +6 In-Fight, Even fat Impish Max HP Skarm does. I really want to see how this Primeape does, it will be an LOL if it works well.

Scizor[BLADE] @ Choice Band
Adamant (+Atk, -SA)
<Technician>
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/4 Def
~ Somersault
~ Pursuit
~ Double Attack
~ Brick Break

You've all seen my favorite Scizor set before, but basically this is mindgames +weaken enemies, and it draws in so many, many things. Can revenge kill basically anything that doesn't have a fire move, and takes of Subpunchers with ease. This can also be passed some speed by Ninjask and ends up with 343 speed. Totally not fun if you're modest Gengar or ASTar.

Starmie [DEATHSTAR] @ Leftovers
Timid (+Speed, -SA)
<Natural Cure>
EVs: 48 HP/216 Speed/244 SA
~ Surf
~ Grass Rope
~ Ice Beam
~ Recover

Speaking of the things Scizor lures, Starmie can take a lot of them out, including the ever annoying Infernape. Leftovers + Recover keeps this around a while.

Salamence [AIRBEAST] @ Leftovers
Adamant (+Atk, -SA)
<Intimidate>
EVs: 92 HP/252 Atk/136 Speed/28 SD
~ Dragon Claw
~ Earthquake
~ Dragon Dance
~ Feather Rest

In all the rush for offense offense offense, people forget that Salamence can actually take a few hits, and can horribly abuse Feather Rest to remove its 4x Ice Weak to a 2x and take a Rock attack. Just as scary as any other Mence after DD, but also durable. Feather Rest also lets you test Heracross for Stone Edge without risking a death. 270 puts it just above Adamant Heracross' speed.

Miltank [UDDERS] @ Leftovers
Impish <+Def, -SA>
<Bravery>
EVs: 252 HP/160 Def/96 SD
~ Body Slam
~ Milk Drink
~ Stealth Rock
~ Heal Bell

Miltank has a weird movepool, and this exploits it. Thanks to Bravery, Ghosts can't stop it from paralyzing them with Body Slam, Stealth Rock provides support (and makes people go WTF!), Milk Drink keeps Milty alive, and Heal Bell allows it to be the team cleric.

Most of this brought to you by Deck's barn of unorthodox crap.

Discuss/Diss/Cuss/Laugh/LOL.

Very nice. I think yours is only the 3rd Ninjask I've seen in an team analysis thread and I especially like the Miltank--I had been thinking about using Miltank earlier today when I thought something relatively bulky that could paralyze stuff; I didn't realize that it gets Stealth Rock as well.

If you don't mind, then may I potentially use that set for Miltank (if I use Miltank at all)?

Anyway, as for the team itself, everything benefits from the Speed, but it isn't a reliant on (which even goes for Primeape since it's so quick). Therefore, I can see that lack of Rapid Spin to prevent Ninjask from getting owned by Stealth Rock--I'm going to assume that the 232 HP puts you at an HP divisible by 4 with remainder 1.

That said, if Ninjask is indeed your only way (or most effective way) of dealing with Heracross, then you're in trouble if Stealth Rock does get out, which can't really predict or prevent unless you can manage to keep in the whole time their Stealth Rock user is alive. (And even that won't help against a few of them, such as your own Miltank, since Starmie can't OHKO everything.)

Somewhat similarly, Stealth Rock might wear down your other Bug, Scizor, who despite being neutral to is the only thing on the team without a form of healing at all; half of your team, as I'm sure you've noticed since you designed it, can get healing from at least (read: in Sandstorm or Snowstorm) 50% back at will and it isn't really fodder against much that I can see (especially since Salamence has Dragon Dance and Dragon Claw).

As with Ninjask, I don't know how much of a problem that is for you; I should note, however, that I just realized (perhaps due to it be chanted almost as much as "Heracross weak" or "Gyarados weak") you have rather large CB Tar (with Crunch) weakness (maybe) since only Scizor and Primeape can really take it, and I remember the latter being famed for its Defense....

(You might also have a Goku weakness if it has Stone Edge and is a CBer/Life Orber in addition to the seemingly usual Flare Drive/In Fight/Grass Rope, but I doubt few people can say that. It can't really switch in on anything except for Scizor [unless its using Double Attack (which I assume OHKOs) and Brick Break, which probably 2HKOs] or Miltank [since you'll probably be tempted/forced to Milk Drink eventually and then...]. When it does though....)

Other than that, you seem to have an idea of what you want to do and, as aforementioned, I have to again applaud you on being able to "spread the wealth" of Ninjask around, even if it maybe be a "one-time" only type of thing.

In that (repeated) light, you might want to take off In-Fight and Punish for Cross Chop (or maybe Focus Punch or even Brick Break) and Stone Edge (or any other Dark attack). Punish seems rather repetitive with Taunt, especially since Taunt lasts in D/P and In-Fight is great, but it forces you to switch out (and you can't really do anything to Heracross); you'll probably have a PP issue either way, though....

Crap. There was something else that I was thinking of....

Oh, right. The somewhat obvious one: You lack the much whored Blissey or Cresslia as a special wall, so you might want to change Miltank's nature to +SDf, -SpA (Calm?), especially since it lacks Thick Fat.

Other other than that, you kind of get slapped around by the Trick Room teams that are popping up, but they are few at the moment and will probably remain so for a while since its such a new concept move and it doesn't last that long.

Good job.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The primary reason for In-Fight over CC is that they have the same PP, but In-Fight is stronger and doesn't have Acc problems. Punish has the side benefit of 2HKO'ing Gengar and Zam, and I theorized it worked well with Taunt because it allowed Ape to Sub while new foes up thier stats, making them more vulnerable to it. Punish is also the highest BP Dark move Ape has, the others being Repeat(50), and Quick Revenge(also 50), neither of which really helps the Ape's set do anything more. I also picked Punish because it doesn't have Stone Edge's questionable Acc, and it has the same efficacy when ghostbusting.

The primary reason for using Primeape over the much more durable (and indeed faster) Tauros is I like Primeape's movepool more (STAB Fight rocks, and Punish screws up stat boosters, plus, Tauros doesn't have Taunt). Fight+Dark only has issues with Cross, and Cross doesn't really have a good answer to Ape's Subs. Primeape also has a better shot at warding off fat TTar than Tauros.

Oh, and DA can OHKO Infernape, but only if Both hits have max damage, otherwise the Range for each hit is 43-51%, meaning Infernape can switch into DA once, if it is at full health.

Basically what I tried to accomplish with the team was composite sweepers with durability, with Jask-Ape being the main thing I wanted to test since Anger Nerve, if properly exploited, is gobsmackingly powerful.

Wishpassing would help the HAXAPE set up more than 5 subs (4 in sandstorm) if you're banking on him as your ass-kicker and name-taker. Miltank is a great cleric though, I don't know who you replace to do it.

The primary reason for In-Fight over CC is that they have the same PP, but In-Fight is stronger and doesn't have Acc problems. Punish has the side benefit of 2HKO'ing Gengar and Zam, and I theorized it worked well with Taunt because it allowed Ape to Sub while new foes up thier stats, making them more vulnerable to it. Punish is also the highest BP Dark move Ape has, the others being Repeat(50), and Quick Revenge(also 50), neither of which really helps the Ape's set do anything more. I also picked Punish because it doesn't have Stone Edge's questionable Acc, and it has the same efficacy when ghostbusting
Yeah, I know that PP of Cross Chop and In-Fight are the same; I was focusing more on the issue of being basically forced to switch (unless you want to die to some random Quick Attack all the more easily) because of the eventual accumulation of defense drops. If you feel that isn't a problem despite possibly being one of few things that's "safe" against Infernape and Heracross, then very well. (Out of curiosity, how much does In-Fight do to each of them assuming the "usual" no defense EVs?)

I guess that same thing goes for Punish if you're comfortable with it for ghostbusting.

I do, however, have to question how weak it is if it goes off of Primeape's attack, is Super Effective against the paper-thin defenses of Zam and Gengar, and yet only 2HKOs them. Does it at least do more then 75%?

Deck Knight

Yeah, I know that PP of Cross Chop and In-Fight are the same; I was focusing more on the issue of being basically forced to switch (unless you want to die to some random Quick Attack all the more easily) because of the eventual accumulation of defense drops. If you feel that isn't a problem despite possibly being one of few things that's "safe" against Infernape and Heracross, then very well. (Out of curiosity, how much does In-Fight do to each of them assuming the "usual" no defense EVs?)

I guess that same thing goes for Punish if you're comfortable with it for ghostbusting.

I do, however, have to question how weak it is if it goes off of Primeape's attack, is Super Effective against the paper-thin defenses of Zam and Gengar, and yet only 2HKOs them. Does it at least do more then 75%?
Yeah, the trouble with the EV spread is I wanted to put some EV's in Defense so that if Primeape took a multi-hit attack (each has a chance of CH'ing btw, another brilliant reason to abuse Substitute). Theoretically I could forgo them and max attack, but currently the range is 85-99% on Zam and 66-78% on Gar. Maxing Ape's attack doesn't guarentee a OHKO on Zam anyway. If Zam CM's though, the show is over. It isn't really QA I'm worried about anyway, the only thing that would really kill Ape is something like CB Manmuu Ice Pebble, which Ape can't do much against anyway unless it has a Sub, in which case IP breaks the Sub and Manmuu gets sent to KO land by In-Fight.

Scorpion/Poison Frog also resist both Fighting+Dark. Be careful, as even though they may not be common, they can be seen, especially Dry Skin Poison Frog who can be used as a Water Absorber to heal from your Starmie and hit it with Blade test.

Deck Knight

Scorpion/Poison Frog also resist both Fighting+Dark. Be careful, as even though they may not be common, they can be seen, especially Dry Skin Poison Frog who can be used as a Water Absorber to heal from your Starmie and hit it with Blade test.
Toxicroak resists both, Drapion is neutral to Fighting (Poison =NVE, Dark = SE). Toxicroak gets 3HKO'd by In-Fight, though, so it is a threat unless Anger Nerve activates, in which case it too gets rolled over.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Heracross also resists Dark+Fighting.

You should have some Wish support, if you can get Primeape healed up it might be able to take another go at abusing Anger Nerve. Just a thought.

Your team seems to have problems with Manaphy... maybe use Thunderbolt over Grass Rope on Starmie?

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Your team seems to have problems with Manaphy... maybe use Thunderbolt over Grass Rope on Starmie?
I agree with Thunderbolt on Starmie, but more because Gyarados pretty much 6-0es him if not, either from Turn 1 or when it inevitably switches in on any of his first three pokes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)