Who is your favorite person, or character...ever! (Tell why!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically tell who your favorite person, or character is. They can be from: movies, books, video games, comics, and of course real life. After enough submissions we might be able to see who is the most popular in Smogon.

For the sake of reading pleasure, and being informative, please explain why you like the person, and do so with great detail.

Please include:
  • pictures so we will know who you're talking about
  • a backstory for the person (type it or copy it from somewhere)
  • honorable mentions (if you have any)
  • memorable quotes

My favorite character of all time is Anikan Skywalker/Darth Vader. (This includes all the changes he undergoes throughout his life)

I hold a fascination for this guy far above that of any other charater or person I have ever heard about. He has powers that are incredible, even relative to the fictional universe he lives in. He has some pretty sweet weapons too; I guess I just adore the universe he's in too.

I have seen all of the Star Wars movies, and I have read a massive portion of the books. I love the soundtrack, and I even have many lego models of the Star Wars universe. Like any other fanboy I have played most of the video games also. If there was a "Star Wars Universe History" class offered at my college I could go in with general knowledge from when force users were first recorded on the inner core planets to the legacy era. I watched Phanton Menace on my television; it was love at first sight. I began amassing as much knowledge as I could. I went to wookiepedia, the movies, the games, the books, and even the Burger King collectables to increase my knowledge about this fantasy world.
I loved the story, and with that came an adoration for the main character.

The story of Anikan is a sad one. It is about a kid born into slavery, but fortune smiles at him and so graciously grants him freedom. He is allowed to leave his life behind to become a Jedi, but sadly his mother must stay a slave. (Note that later she is bought by someone who frees her and marries her.) This saddens young Ani, but he vows to go back and free all the slaves. During this time he meets a young Queen of Naboo, Padme Amidala. Despite the fact that he was nine and she was fourteen he still had a crush on her, which would become more than mutual in the future.
He trains under a Jedi name Obi Wan Kenobi. Anikan is extremely gifted; he is potentialy stronger than the most renowned Jedi master at the time, Yoda. Obi Wan is quite a wise duck, which makes up for his average abilities in other areas. Anikan feels that Obi Wan is holding him back and develops a bit of amniosity towards him. He encounters Padme for the first time in many years. He is assigned to be her bodygaurd. They both like eachother, but she feels that she is obligated to her people to not have any distractions. She eventually caves in to her feelings and falls for Ani. During this period Anikan also starts to have premonitions of his mother dying. He becomes worried and later goes to find her. After a bit of a voyage he finds that she has died before he could do anything; in his rage he slaughters an entire encampment of tusken raiders. --enter emotional turmoil. Not much later he enters a massive battle on the planet of Genosia, and later has a faceoff against a new sith, Darth Tyranis. He loses his his arm from the right elbow down. After all of this he and Padme have a quiet marrige on the planet of Naboo.
There is a civil war throughout the galaxy that is in full swing. The chancellor, Palpatine, has been granted emergency powers which are dangerous for the democracy he serves. Not many people notice this because they are more concerned about the seperatists. The chancellor was kidnapped and Anikan was sent to rescue him, during this he encounters Darth Tyranis and gets his revenge by killing him. (He didn't quite want to though.) He also did this under the orders of the chancellor who was also the sith lord at the time, although not many knew besides Tyranis. Ani finds out that Padme is pregnant and is happy, although worrisome about how to hide the kids because having a spouse is frowned upon within the Jedi standards at this time. He is later appointed to the Jedi council (a position of prestige), but is not granted the rank of "Jedi Master." There is no precedent for this, but he is upset that he is awarded the rank of master. He later starts having premonitions of his wife dying in childbirth. He wants to stop this, but doesn't know how. Throughout his life on Couruscant (planet where he trained to be a Jedi) he has developed a strong frednship with the chancellor. The council appointed him to spy on the chancellor, but the chancellor becomes aware. He tells Anikan that he knows what he fears, and that he knows how to stop Padme from dying. Anikan doesn't know what to do, the chancellor has revealed himself to be the dark lord of the sith, but he wants to save Padme. He tells the council what the chancellor is. He decides that he doesn't care about the evil of the chancellor and that he just wants to save his wife. He arrives to see that a force sent to arrest the chancellor has been mostly killed. There is one man holding him off that is about to kill the chancellor because he is too dangerous to be left alive. Ani, in his haste, kills the man holding the chancellor at bay. He takes an oath to be the new apprentice of the dark lord. His first mission is to kill all the younglings with the help of the 501st stormtrooper legion. (They later become his personal team. The best of the best so to speak.) They kill the younglings and he is sent to kill the seperatist leaders who have been manipulated by the sith lord the whole time. This is to wipe away opposition from the seperatists and the Jedi in one sweep. During this, the army of the republic is ordered to kill the Jedi who were up until now on the same side. Obi Wan hears about what Ani has done and tracks him to Mustafar, which is where he killed the seperatists. Obi Wan brings Padme because he is trying to make an emotional appeal to Anikan. In his rage Ani chokes Padme until she passes out. Obi Wan and Ani have an argument about morals and ethics and then have one of the most epic fights ever seen. Obi Wan ends up maiming Ani. Obi goes into hiding with the rest of the Jedi. The dark lord rescues Ani and repairs him. In his rage and pain he ends up killing Padme during her birthing; he becomes the cause of the very thing he tried to prevent. He has become alienated from anyone that ever cared for him, or that understood his kinder side.

He becomes a beast that knows nothing but hate, and is loathe to remember the other days because he hates what he has done. Towards the end of his life he meets his son and fights him by the orders of the dark lord. He is weakened and Darth Sidious wants Luke, Ani's son, to finish him off. Luke knows that if he does he will be tainted by hate, so he doesn't fight. The dark lord strikes Luke with lightning, Vader feels bad that his son is being attacked by the man who took everything from him but power. He kills the emporer but is wounded by the lighting storm. Before he dies he has a father-son-talk with Luke. He repents of his evils and dies.

To me it was an incredible action story. I loved the combat scenes. He had a nice romance at the beggining, but lost it. What I got out of all this was the power of a human brain. (heart if you really like the Greek) He changed and decided he didn't want to be so bitter. In the end he still had a bit of good in him. I also liked that he was a nobody but became a hero, and someone feared throughout the galaxy.

"Are you an angel? […] I've heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They're the most beautiful creatures in the universe. They live on the moons of Iego, I think. " ―Anakin upon meeting Padmé Amidala — "I had a dream that I was a Jedi. I came back here and freed all the slaves." "Mom, you said that the biggest problem in the universe is that no one helps each other." ―Anakin to his mother,"From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again... I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you—I can't breathe. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating, hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me... what can I do? I will do anything you ask." ―Anakin to Padmé"This is the end for you, my master." ―Darth Vader to Obi-Wan

Honorable mentions: Ikki and Metabee from Metabots, Mace Windu from Star Wars, Bit and Liger Zero from Zoids, and Eragon and Saphira from the inheritance cycle.

Yep....That's it.

Hmm.. not gonna do this in that much detail, but I'd have to say my favorite fictional character is Jack Sparrow. He's simply a hilariously wild, unpredictable, but cool dude with a bucket-load of experiences to go back on.

It's cool how he has this poem the desiderata tattooed on him apparently. I looked it up on wiki after seeing that and really love the last couple lines of it.

"With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy."

I think Johnny Depp did a really great job with him, and almost every time he opens his mouth in one of the movies I love what he says. I heard there's a 4th installment of Pirates of the Caribbean coming out soon and so I guess I can't wait.

Oh yeah.. and he's why I think pirates >>>>>>> ninjas. :P

Hmm.. not gonna do this in that much detail, but I'd have to say my favorite fictional character is Jack Sparrow. He's simply a hilariously wild, unpredictable, but cool dude with a bucket-load of experiences to go back on.

It's cool how he has this poem the desiderata tattooed on him apparently. I looked it up on wiki after seeing that and really love the last couple lines of it.

"With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy."

I think Johnny Depp did a really great job with him, and almost every time he opens his mouth in one of the movies I love what he says. I heard there's a 4th installment of Pirates of the Caribbean coming out soon and so I guess I can't wait.

Oh yeah.. and he's why I think pirates >>>>>>> ninjas. :P

pics or it didn't happen...

jk,

I love the franchise and have also heard lore of a Pirates 4. I love his dialouge, I guess I just forgot him in my honorable mentions.

I might have a better one for now, but what really came to my head was actually Atticus from To Kill a Mockingbird. There's a mans man.

Everyone always says I sympathize with the psychopathic/crazy characters....and I agree. I love love love me some Jan Levinson.<3

A picture from my favorite fucking episode of TV ever. No really, I must have watched this 22 minute gem about 800 times already and it never gets old.

~~THAT ONE NIGHT!!! YOU MADE EVERYTHING ALLLL RIGHTTTTTTT!!!!~~

And since I'm extremely lazy people can get the story on her from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_levinson

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Help ten posts and no mention of...

...do I have to say it...

I'll let this speak for itself...

Backstory: I don't think there was much of one in The Dark Knight, he just kinda IS.

Why: He is appalling, disfigured, and creepy, yet completely enthralling. What else do you need?

Honorable Mentions: Stansfield from Leon, Claude Frollo from Hunchback of Notre Dame.

The Doctor. I want to own a T.A.R.D.I.S. and a sonic screwdriver like nothing else in the world. I want to wear quirky clothing and not care about what pathetic little humans think of me, because I am the Doctor.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Surely:

Treats self-given exile as a holiday, could have been the king of the most powerful nation in his universe and has the main goal in life of opening a tea shop. What's not to like?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was hoping people would start actually posting people they admire and why. Obviously that's not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)