Social Why did you join Smogon?

I joined to... haha troll xD. Yeah I'd gotten infracted a few times for my absolutely atrocious trolling I didn't take anything on this site seriously and to me it was just a meme at first. Around September after a few other incidents came along I decided that I didn't want to be taken as a meme anymore and decided to start contributing seriously. I got into writing analysis and just contributing in p much every metagame subforum that I'd played and knew about. The community here is also quite enjoyable, besides a few really annoying shits people here r genuinely nice to talk to and i've made a lot of good friends thanks to smogon.

Also it’s one of the last websites where I am not permabanned
soon

OMG They are giving away free shiny battle ready mons AAAA!
i hate myself.
being honest, the real reason why I didn't join before was because I didn't knew English, I already knew that smogon existed long before I joined.

Lou

going solo
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Because of the translation project. And after a while i decided to stay in here because it is a very nice community

Hubriz

The Haruspex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I first joined here because I wanted to post a RMT... But I got intimidated by all the flashy RMTs already existing so I didn't post at all for a while.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Joined because people convinced me and I got super into Survivor.

It's so weird having watched Survivor struggle as a Private room, now that it's so successful. Which user asked you to join if you don't mind me asking? Back in PR there were only really about 20 of us and about a quarter of the room population either quit, got banned, or stopped caring.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I joined back in 2010 bc you needed to have a Smogon account to use... not Shoddy Battle, but the sim that came right after it that lasted like six months before PO popped up, I forget the name. Anyways I didn't start posting until like four years later haha

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
is a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Watched TheKillerNacho play DPP wifi matches on YouTube. I left a comment asking how Poison Heal / Toxic Orb Breloom was discovered and a long time smogoner aragornbird (anyone remember his current name??) sent me a very friendly PM and linked me to Smogon's analyses. I made an account in 2008 that I accidentally logged into a few years ago (same as my email address). A year later, I was learning RNG abuse on DPP and Emerald, and had just graduated college so I had a bunch of free time on my hands. I forgot about the old account (or maybe forgot the credentials, I can't remember) so I made this account. The rest is history.

The actual reason I got into competitive Pokemon was that most of the YT wifi matches had terrible background music, and I wanted to put cool music to my own battles.

Pokemon Laboratory (Shoddy 2) required a Smogon account? This I don't remember. That was a good sim, I wish its programmer didn't go nuts and leave us high and dry (twice, I should add). PO and aeo saved our butts though.
TKN's a classic youtuber that's nostalgic to a lot of us, I feel. He's still regularly making videos in the same style as he used to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)