[Wifi-Warstory] V. Little Green Yoda!

Great warstory! It's always awesome to read about a WiFi match =). I play Shoddy and WiFi but have always preferred the latter.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As have I. It's much easier to tell what's going on in a wifi battle as opposed to a shoddy battle.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
... OH SHIT!! Typo guys!! Skymin was SCARF not specs, my bad. >>

... the title was also a typo so if someone wants to fix it for me . . .

You've just turned me into your number one warstory fan.

Not because of amazing predictions. Not because of your amazing writing style. And not because this was on wifi. Because, and only because, of the amazing Eyeshield21 references throughout the entire thing.

I'm surprised Yamato or Shin didn't make the team. I couldn't see them as a pokemon, though, since they'd need to be strong, fast, and take defensive hits well. Maybe a DDTar, but I can see how Gauo fits that so much better. How ironic that on my RMT, Kurita is Hariyama, and that Kurita>Gauo(actually equal, but Deimon won so =P), and Hariyama is one of the best counters to Tyranitar. XD

Also, was that a Scarf or Specs Skymin? Because you said it's a "Modest SpecsMin designed to outspeed Deoxys-s". Just a little flaw I saw, but it didn't stop me from loving this warstory.

Easily 9001/5 man. If we get on the smogon server at the same time, you have no choice but to talk to me about ES21. >=]
I have a pokemon named Yamato. I can't use him though (Read: It's Garchomp).

I named an Adamant Scizor Shin. Bullet Punch = Spear Tackle? lol Though I was thinking of naming an Adamant Lucario Shin . . . Anyway, Shin is 5'7" and weighs 140 lbs, I don't think he's got to be able to take defensive hits-- just hit super speed (priority) and hit really fucking hard.

I have a whole box full of standard pokemon I use for battle all with different Eyeshield 21 nicknames. Except, all the ones of the same species are the same name pretty much (ie. all the salamence are "Agon," all the Tyranitar are "Gauo"). Modest SpecsAgon ftw.

@Syb-- Seriously, isn't Platinum just, fantastic?

@Everyone else-- thanks for the comments! :D

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not being sarcastic, Platinum battle video is awesome. :D

Only thing is I wish they let you send it to your computer/watch it from your computer, but seriously this adds a whole new dimension to pokemon, biggest thing since wifi battle.

I'll have to disagree here. I do quite like the PLatinum Metagame at the moment. It's a little overcertralised with all the Heatran and the Scizor running about, but i've seen a marked lowering in Heatran use over the last week or so, and Scizor remains a Potent threat, but is still easily counterable, Rotom, Zapdos anyone...

Anyway onto the Warstory, I really enjoyed it ChouToshio, it was well written and showed of some of the new platinum toys really well. It was a great read so congrats :D

Great game, Chou. Everything on my team was self-bred or self-SR'd except for yamipoli's Celebi and AlienJesus's Heatran. I made some mistakes down the stretch but I think I need to get a faster Heatran lol.

Interestingly, if my Celebi had tried to Grass Knot Gyarados for the kill, Tyranitar would've been toast instead of PAR. D: Totally surprised me to learn your Metagross wasn't carrying EQ though; keeping Jirachi in against it would've changed the latter half of the match.

Hopefully, this warstory will convince more people to battle on the Wifi boards so we can have more of these great matches.

Also, lol @ the title

Chou Toshio

Over9000
I see. Good job on the swampert, then, was a major pain in my side.

I too will probably be SRing for +speed Heatran . . .

If you had grass knotted Salamence though, I probably could have gotten one more kill from him. >> I honestly didn't think you had grass knot after you psychic'd mence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)