SM UU Wish Pass to Blissey for the first 80 turns (Its a stall team and I'm sorry)

So this team started as an attempt at a "balanced" team, but soon devolved into a stall team. I had to come to grips with this when one of my opponents started giving me grief for "playing stall like a noob," I corrected him and told him it was a balance team. Unfortunately, I then realized that he was right. In any case, the team has done fairly well, but has some challenges.

The main challenges are setup sweepers and, for various reasons, Suicune with rest and calm mind.

1515027374306.png
1515027397058.png
1515027426968.png
1515027447387.png
1515027467915.png
1515027484539.png

The basic idea is to hold out until chip damage puts everyone in OHKO range for Mega-Sharpedo. Crobat and Scizor provide most of the offensive support prior to the end run with Sharpedo.

1515027374306.png

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Aromatherapy

The original plan was to use Blissey as a defensive pivot who could set up stealth rocks while special attackers switched out. This worked fairly well, except, as my battles got longer, status conditions became a challenge and I replaced Stealth Rocks with Aromatherapy. The other three moves and EV spread all contribute to longevity and the ability to stall out any special attacker and a few physical pivots.

1515027397058.png

Crobat @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

This is my lead almost every time. I originally thought I'd use Crobat as a good fast offensive pivot, but now he serves fundamentally as entry hazard control. He counters Serperior, Amoongus and a few others. He's a decent check to Celebii (although psychic can be a threat), and most fighting types. Under the right circumstances he can KO Swords Dance Gliscor and sometimes some other defensive mons.

1515027426968.png

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Scizor is sort of a spot filler. He has decent defenses, good typing, and can set up. The EV spread allows him to take some hits and then roost off the damage. When the spread is right he can set up and sometimes sweep. Normally, he just forces a switch to a fire user unless the opposing team has lost it. I exchanged U-turn for Bug Bite because it hits harder and he can stay in and keep his stat boosts. Since this team mostly responds and heals off hits, the momentum from U-turn didn't seem as useful as keeping the boosts.

1515027447387.png

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

This was the latest addition to the team. He carries stealth rocks now that Blissey has taken Aromatherapy and provides Phaze support for the setup sweepers who otherwise cause trouble. He also provides a counter to mega-manectric and an electric immunity which were causing problems for this team. His offense is okay, but not much to be relied upon especially given his lack of recovery. Physical defense EVs and Scald provide a good deterrent to physical attackers.

1515027467915.png

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Alomomola with regenerator and wish provides excellent support for the others. He's mostly used as the primary defensive wall and can slow down a lot of offensive combos by wish passing to Blissey and recovering with regenerator. Alomomola is very passive in terms of offense, mostly relying on scald burns and toxic for offensive threat. Provides a good check to mega-beedrill and banded Scizor since both tend to use U-turn which only deals about 1/3 damage to Alomomola (which is recoverable with regenerator) and the other attacks don't deal enough damage to avoid the threat of a scald burn. Alomomola and Blissey can hold out almost indefinitely in some battles. If stealth rocks are up, this combo can slowly whittle down lots of other teams with only wish and soft-boiled.

1515027484539.png

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs

After somewhere between about 30 and 100 turns, Sharpedo provides the late game sweeping power. I typically avoid using him at all until I am going for a sweep, this is in part due to the loss of speed boost when mega-evolving. Ideally, Sharpedo is brought in after losing a teammate, uses protect unless a switch or non-attacking move seems obvious and mega evolves. He then stays in until either he or the entire remaining team are knocked out. It is rare that I switch him out after mega evolving.

The main weaknesses I've noticed are a vulnerability to set-up sweepers and Suicune (who, I suppose, is also a setup sweeper). Other than Suicune, the team can typically take out one setup sweeper by sacrificing Crobat and sometimes Swampert or scizor. If the other team has no setup options then Blissey, Alomomola, and mega-sharpedo can often win without the other three, especially if rocks are up.

Another lesser vulnerability is physical grass attackers. Swampert and Alomomola are the main physical walls and both are weak to grass. This leaves Scizor as the primary counter to these opponents and Scizor is vulnerable to being flanked by a fire punch or the like.

So, what do you guys think? Any tips? Is the team good enough and I should just get better?

Hi, interesting concept for a team. I'm guessing the theory was to try and exhaust your opponents resources by wearing them down with the stall core and bringing in Mega Sharpedo to sweep at the end. I think your should change this team by replacing Swords Dance with Defog on your Scizor and adding a Clear Smog phys def Amoongus in place of Crobat, which will help you deal with troublesome Grass-types as well as Suicune. Crobat is cool, but it doesn't bring much to your stall core, and its offensive pressure is generally wasted on this team.

Thanks, those seem like pretty solid tips and actually make some solid sense. I think Crobat was a bit of a hold out from when I had more offense in mind. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)