"Worst Pokémon Ever"

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Eh, in game, Rowlet fares pretty decently, IMHO. There are relatively few good grass types in Alola, and starting out Grass/Flying helps you a ton in the early routes, where you'd otherwise be weak to bug. Comparatively, Incineroar has to compete with Salazzle and Alolawak, both of which you can get by the second island, and Primarina has to deal with Wishiwashi and Araquanid. In terms of team composition, Rowlet and its evos help out a ton, in my experience.
I personally found Decidueye so underpreforming in battle that I ended up ditching it at Aether paradise. Grasses really aren't needed on a team compared to Waters imo, and Deci's middling bulk, power, and speed just make it so underwhelming by the time you hit Poni Island and Dhelmise is available, which feels almost objectively superior.

I personally found Decidueye so underpreforming in battle that I ended up ditching it at Aether paradise. Grasses really aren't needed on a team compared to Waters imo, and Deci's middling bulk, power, and speed just make it so underwhelming by the time you hit Poni Island and Dhelmise is available, which feels almost objectively superior.
Weird, I used Decidueye and Dhelmise, the former twice, and I couldn't feel anything but the polar opposite of what you feel.

I haven’t alread all these but I haven’t seen qwillfish on here. It’s design is literally just a pufferfish(I forgot this thing exsisted until I encountered one) It was supposed to be a good defencive pokemon, but it’s special defence is horrible, and regular defence isn’t much better. You would be much better off using Toxapex for a water/poison defence pokemon.(In fact qwillfish and toxapex even look similar so maybe I wasn’t alone in forgetting it’s exsistance)
Qwilfish was designed with the graphic limitations of the Game Boy in mind. Hence why is just "a pufferfish".
Also, keep in mind that Qwilfish is from Gen 2 and Toxapex is Gen 7 and powercreep is a thing. If I remember correctly, Qwilfish is OU in Gen 2.

Last edited:

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Qwilfish was designed with the graphic limitations of the Game Boy in mind. Hence why is just "a pufferfish".
Also, keep in mind that Qwilfish is from Gen 2 and Toxapex is Gen 7 and powercreep is a thing. If I remember correctly, Qwilfish is OU in Gen 2.
Actually, it was UU in gen 2. Power creep is definitely a thing, but Qwilfish wasn’t that great even in its debut generation. A shame really

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Alright who’s talking smack about my boy!? :puff:

I think everyone can agree Qwilfish isn’t the best Pokémon out there, but it’s also not one of the worst mons out there either. It wasn’t great in competitive GSC, sure, but it has a decent niche as a rain sweeper in OU that keeps Toxic Spikes away from the team. And in lower tiers it makes a good defensive Pokémon with Intimidate, Spikes, etc. As for its in-game performance, I can’t vouch for X/Y, but Qwilfish is actually pretty good in GSC; it plays a lot like Tentacruel, but with a stronger Sludge Bomb and Normal move of choice in exchange for a weaker Surf (which is still passable against the things Sludge Bomb can’t nuke).

Design-wise yeah it’s simple, and I can see why people would consider it boring and uninteresting. But I personally think simple works just fine for a Pokémon like Qwilfish. A pufferfish that takes some inspiration from naval mines seems like a concept that would be really easy to ruin by over-designing it.

So yeah, it’s certainly not the best Pokémon by any stretch, but ranking it among the like of things like Unown and Sunflora is a disservice.

It still needs an evolution though.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

He dosnt have a design that bad, or was that bad in gen 1.
The worse thing about him... is being him.

Imagine being stuck with 2 other guys.

Gold: "It collects data and plans three times as wisely, but it may think too much and become immobilized."

It must realy suck being him.
Oh, if we're adding Pokedex entries into this, there's certainly top candidates there. But one of my favorite "worst Pokemon ever" dex entry is:

Sapphire/Alpha Sapphire: Whismur is very timid. If it starts to cry loudly, it becomes startled by its own crying and cries even harder. When it finally stops crying, the Pokémon goes to sleep, all tired out.

He dosnt have a design that bad, or was that bad in gen 1.
The worse thing about him... is being him.

Imagine being stuck with 2 other guys.

Gold: "It collects data and plans three times as wisely, but it may think too much and become immobilized."

It must realy suck being him
From pokemon ruby.
SPOINK bounces around on its tail. The shock of its bouncing makes its heart pump. As a result, this POKéMON cannot afford to stop bouncing - if it stops, its heart will stop.

My personal worst is Lurantis. When the trailer for Sun and Moon came out and I saw this thing, I thought it was cool and wanted to use it on my play through team. When I found out it's hidden ability is contrary I squeed. However, the middling combination of slow grass type does not scream good pokemon to me. I found out that it consistently took large amounts of chip damage in my play through, sometimes getting ohkoed by stuff it should not have been by. Competitively, Lurantis is inferior to Serperior and Malamar in every conceivable way as a contrary user. I really wanted Lurantis to be good, but it just fell flat on every occasion I tried to use it

My personal worst is Lurantis. When the trailer for Sun and Moon came out and I saw this thing, I thought it was cool and wanted to use it on my play through team. When I found out it's hidden ability is contrary I squeed. However, the middling combination of slow grass type does not scream good pokemon to me. I found out that it consistently took large amounts of chip damage in my play through, sometimes getting ohkoed by stuff it should not have been by. Competitively, Lurantis is inferior to Serperior and Malamar in every conceivable way as a contrary user. I really wanted Lurantis to be good, but it just fell flat on every occasion I tried to use it
Also Lurantis has a better physical stat, despite the only STAB move that Lurantis gets that benefits under Contrary being a Leaf Storm, which is a SpAtk move. Luckily with USUM Lurantis got access to Superpower, but still....

Though I suppose Lurantis is superior mixed Contrary attacker to Serperior and Malamar? I guess it's got that going for it...

BlizzardHero said:
Also Lurantis has a better physical stat, despite the only STAB move that Lurantis gets that benefits under Contrary being a Leaf Storm, which is a SpAtk move. Luckily with USUM Lurantis got access to Superpower, but still....

Though I suppose Lurantis is superior mixed Contrary attacker to Serperior and Malamar? I guess it's got that going for it...
Sorta. Lurantis doesn't really run mix sets, because that means taking off EVs from it's special attack, which it desperately needs, and that attack stat isn't good enough to run coverage options, and said coverage options suck for hitting other types.

At least Lurantis gets Defog but that atrocious speed really kills it.

A lot of people said Dedenne, but at least it has some worth... And I find it nicer looking than Pikachu.

I would personally go with Luvdisc. Its design is incredibly basic, its stats are useless, and it has no redeeming ability or move that justifies using it, in game or competitively.
The Heart Scale excuse isn't enough, in my opinion, to justify its existence. It's just a gimmick. They totally could have created another item and make it fit with a worthy Pokemon.

Honorable mention:
Crabominable
Design: a short and fat bavarian boy with a bra, equipped with two weird bazooka-looking arms. Sure...
Combat: Yes, it hits hard. But it's impossibly slow, is pretty frail, and has a terrible defensive typing. What could go wrong.

I think it goes without saying, Unown.
Both competitively and design wise.
Even Luvdisc is more useful, as it can learn more than just one move.
And Metapod, best known for only using harden, at least evolves, which Unown does not.

I think it goes without saying, Unown.
not really,unown is implied to be the very foundation of the universe,that or some form of detachable arms for arceus,also they were featured in arguably the best pokemon film.
besides that unown is just there,filling space in the pokedex,but i still think there's worse designs,like...
okay maybe it really goes without saying,even stuff like burmy has more purpose than unown,in game at least.

Gokuzbu never underestimate the power of +6 BP'd Unown with Specs:
+6 252+ SpA Unown Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 390-460 (120.3 - 141.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ SpA Choice Specs Unown Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jellicent: 408-480 (100.9 - 118.8%)
+6 252+ SpA Choice Specs Unown Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Milotic: 482-568 (122.3 - 144.1%)
+6 252+ SpA Choice Specs Unown Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 1028-1212 (292 - 344.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ SpA Choice Specs Unown Hidden Power Ghost vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mewtwo: 634-748 (179.6 - 211.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ SpA Choice Specs Unown Hidden Power Fighting vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 523-616 (152 - 179%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Unown is deadly

(I know this thread is dead but whatever) Ahem ahem......who actually lets an unown set up plus 6? Why would you run non stab moves? Just because it has the potential means nothing. This has no relevancy when looking at things realistically. That’s not to say that I hate unown but people irk me when they bring this pile of crap calculations. If anything sets up plus 6 and is fully invested with choice specs and a 2x or 4x move against a Pokemon with very little defensive investment, then they will KO. Yes, shuckle and chansey can’t do that but they have 5 physical attack. Unown has 60 special atk which is still acceptable enough. Please bring a better reason next time.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
(I know this thread is dead but whatever) Ahem ahem......who actually lets an unown set up plus 6? Why would you run non stab moves? Just because it has the potential means nothing. This has no relevancy when looking at things realistically. That’s not to say that I hate unown but people irk me when they bring this pile of shit calculations. If anything sets up plus 6 and is fully invested with choice specs and a 2x or 4x move against a Pokemon with very little defensive investment, then they will KO. Yes, shuckle and chansey can’t but they have fucking 5 physical attack. Unown has 60 special atk which is still acceptable enough. Please bring a better reason next time.
I think those calculations may have been intended as a joke. It looks like you didn't get it.

(I know this thread is dead but whatever) Ahem ahem......who actually lets an unown set up plus 6? Why would you run non stab moves? Just because it has the potential means nothing. This has no relevancy when looking at things realistically. That’s not to say that I hate unown but people irk me when they bring this pile of shit calculations. If anything sets up plus 6 and is fully invested with choice specs and a 2x or 4x move against a Pokemon with very little defensive investment, then they will KO. Yes, shuckle and chansey can’t but they have fucking 5 physical attack. Unown has 60 special atk which is still acceptable enough. Please bring a better reason next time.
He was trolling, my man (and it's a post from 4 years ago lol). Unown can only learn Hidden Power; there is no setting up with it. Best not to feed the trolls

E: sniped :/ damn you Codraroll

That’s beyond dead, you just dug up a body and boned it instead of just letting it lie. The joke itself went so far over your head, I’m pretty sure there’s some alien out there thinking “what the fuck was that thing?!” I don’t even have enough words to calculate how badly you missed the joke. Hell, a supercomputer could run until the heat death of the universe and still not have enough time to figure out how far gone the joke went over your head. You just made Verlisfy look smart by your post.
0/10, never post again.

I think those calculations may have been intended as a joke. It looks like you didn't get it.
I knew very well these calcs were a joke, but I said it anyway because even in real life my friend treats these calcs as real. Besides, even the article mentions it, I know it’s a joke.

My personal vendetta against lucario, blaziken and infernape doesn’t transfer over here unfortunately, so I guess I have to hate some annoying piece of shit like shuckle or something.

That’s beyond dead, you just dug up a body and boned it instead of just letting it lie. The joke itself went so far over your head, I’m pretty sure there’s some alien out there thinking “what the fuck was that thing?!” I don’t even have enough words to calculate how badly you missed the joke. Hell, a supercomputer could run until the heat death of the universe and still not have enough time to figure out how far gone the joke went over your head. You just made Verlisfy look smart by your post.
0/10, never post again.
Also, considering the know-it-all tone of the post the comment about not running a STAB move is pretty funny, since the point is obviously to run a type nothing's immune to.

Also, considering the know-it-all tone of the post the comment about not running a STAB move is pretty funny, since the point is obviously to run a type nothing's immune to.
That is definitely true but whenever I run unown for a joke, I always go for hp psychic because dark types are easy enough to counter. Plus stab can help quite a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)