Worst Pokemon Sprites?

Imo Shiny Xerneas neutral looks better than shiny xerneas in battle(I think it's called active form?) The frosted blue horns make for a cool color scheme, but it clashes so much when they turn rainbow.

Not sure if it already has been mentioned. It's not necessarily one single sprite, but more its entire design: Alolan-Persian.

Disgusting. I freaking hate those 'haha funny' and 'goofy' Pokémon. Unless, sometimes, when it's part of the concept.

Pretty sure discussions about designs are better suited here.

Anyway, looking back at RS I found some oddities.

These have oddly washed-out palettes, I think.

Oddly proportioned, and its horns/head protrusions could be more evident.

I also prefer Porygon2's generation III sprite to its Platinum/BW one, mainly because its feet look more natural:

Quagsire's sprite in Platinum was pretty terrible.

The shading and colors are very off, and it looks unusually simple, even for Quagsire. Thankfully, it was completely changed for HeartGold/SoulSilver into something much more acceptable.

It's definitely not the worst, but I hate Metagross' back sprites in every gen until 6. They are so tiny. SO tiny. Metagross would've easily been my favorite psuedo legendary and favorite Steel type if it wasn't for this.

This one always gets me,>_>.(if spin offs are included too)
download.png

I mean,isn't bulbasuar supposed to be greenish blue?The MD sprites make him look like a shiny.
(At least Ivysaur and Venusaur are their right colors in md explorers)
Also this thread is still going for 3 years...

This one always gets me,>_>.(if spin offs are included too)
View attachment 76938
I mean,isn't bulbasuar supposed to be greenish blue?The MD sprites make him look like a shiny.
(At least Ivysaur and Venusaur are their right colors in md explorers)
Also this thread is still going for 3 years...
*ahem*

All four corresponding to regular Bulbasaur (including its 3D Pro model because it seems to be the same as in XY onwards). Really, its regular coloration is the source of much inconsistency. Is it greenish-blue or blueish-green? (although the Gen II sprite could excuse itself due to graphic limitations)

And it doesn't end there:

So inconsistent it hurts.

*ahem*

All four corresponding to regular Bulbasaur (including its 3D Pro model because it seems to be the same as in XY onwards). Really, its regular coloration is the source of much inconsistency. Is it greenish-blue or blueish-green? (although the Gen II sprite could excuse itself due to graphic limitations)

And it doesn't end there:

So inconsistent it hurts.
I would say blue-ish green should be the official coloration 'cause it matches up with its evolutions. But yeah, it's super inconsistent.

Charizard's model in Colosseum and XD is just fugly. Did they just import all the Gen 1 and 2 models directly from Stadium?

Also, I showed my girlfriend the original sprites the other day and she burst into a laughing fit when she saw Golbat and Jigglypuff. They're definetely the weirdest ones so I drew her a little cartoon to commemorate it hehe.

Charizard's model in Colosseum and XD is just fugly. Did they just import all the Gen 1 and 2 models directly from Stadium?
I know you're joking, but... yes, that is in fact exactly what they did. They literally brought over the models for all Gen 1-2 Pokémon from Stadium 2 and touched them up a bit so they didn't look hideously out of place. Only somewhat out of place.

I know you're joking, but... yes, that is in fact exactly what they did. They literally brought over the models for all Gen 1-2 Pokémon from Stadium 2 and touched them up a bit so they didn't look hideously out of place. Only somewhat out of place.
Sheesh... some of them did not make the transition well.

I don't know if this is technically a fault of the model itself, but something pointed out by Chuggaaconroy that I can't unsee. Jumpluff's 3D model was imported to the Orre games from Stadium on the N64, but this isn't the model quality that pops out: it's the shadows. The shadows of its pom-poms are squares. Not jagged polygons trying to be round, actual squares.

I don't know if this is technically a fault of the model itself, but something pointed out by Chuggaaconroy that I can't unsee. Jumpluff's 3D model was imported to the Orre games from Stadium on the N64, but this isn't the model quality that pops out: it's the shadows. The shadows of its pom-poms are squares. Not jagged polygons trying to be round, actual squares.

Looks like they slapped Porygon's shadow on Jumpluff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)