Gen 1 Wrapnesia Team

pt2017_10_19_21_08_39.jpgpt2017_11_21_14_12_12.jpgpt2017_11_21_14_10_48.jpgpt2017_12_18_15_30_33.jpgpt2017_12_18_15_29_26.jpgpt2017_10_19_21_13_24.jpg

Introduction

In an attempt to further expand wrap teams I have developed another concept - amnesia. I believe wrap and amnesia can be combined into a single team with some nice synergy for the following reasons:

1. Amnesiabro (Tobybro) helps to lure in fast mons notably Starmie to paralyze. Starmie is a serious threat to wrappers but once paralyzed can be prayed upon, especially by Victreebel.
2. Wrappers' anchor facilitates switches to setup for amnesia.
3. Amnesia requires boomers to clear the way, which also benefits wrap users.

The Team
B-2 Spirit (Gengar)
- Hypnosis
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Explosion

M270 GMLRS (Exeggutor)
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
- Psychic
- Explosion

FV4034 Challenger 2 (Snorlax)
Ability: Immunity
- Body Slam
- Blizzard
- Amnesia
- Self-Destruct

AMX-56 Leclerc (Golem)
Ability: Rock Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Body Slam
- Explosion

USS Port Royal (Slowbro)
Ability: Oblivious
- Amnesia
- Thunder Wave
- Surf
- Rest

AH-64 Apache (Victreebel)
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
- Wrap
- Razor Leaf

pt2017_10_19_21_08_39.jpg
B-2 Spirit (Gengar)
- Hypnosis
- Psychic
- Thunderwave
- Explosion
Gengar leads to check Jynx. Can explode or use Hypnosis on Jynx. Tbolt Starmie potentially and run to Eggy if it has Psychic. If the opponent has lead Zam - flee to Eggy! Psychic helps to check against another lead Gengar.

pt2017_11_21_14_12_12.jpg
M270 GMLRS (Exeggutor)
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
- Psychic
- Explosion
The main sleeper, a bomb, paralysis spreader and psychic absorber all packed into one.

pt2017_11_21_14_10_48.jpg
FV4034 Challenger 2 (Snorlax)
- Body Slam
- Blizzard
- Amnesia
- Explosion/Reflect/Rest
Amnesia up allows you to hit hard on both the special and physical fronts. The last move depends on choice, but explosion is preferred as you often don't have that many turns before Eggy wakes up.

pt2017_12_18_15_30_33.jpg
USS Port Royal (Slowbro)
- Amnesia
- Thunderwave
- Surf
- Rest
The other amnesia user - the main one. Slowbro will almost certainly lure out Zapdos/Jolteon and/or Starmie, which you should aim to paralyze. If Zapdos/Jolteon come out at a bad time then switch to Golem. Slowbro should only really come out after Exeggutor and Snorlax have been taken care off and/or if the sleep clause has been activated.

pt2017_12_18_15_29_26.jpg
AMX-56 Leclerc (Golem)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Body Slam
- Explosion
Obviously Slowbro needs Golem or Rhydon as a partner. It goes without saying what Golem is here for - counter electrics. Golem can be used as a mid/late game sweeper and/or boomer. I had to learn the hard way in that it's generally not a good idea to explode (even for a Tauros) if the opponent still has Zapdos. This is especially the case for this team since apart from Slowbro you Eggy and Victreebel. If the other team doesn't have an electric or it's paralyzed then Golem would usually be free to boom.

pt2017_10_19_21_13_24.jpg
AH-64 Apache (Victreebel)
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
- Razor Leaf
- Wrap
Victreebel anchors to allow amnesia setup and spread status. Late game it's in the team to sweep and possibly to paralyze Tauros. Victreebel is a backup sleeper once Eggy bomb goes off and can put another mon to sleep if the first sleeping pokemon is destroyed (quite often by explosion). Being faster than Eggy is an extremely precious bonus and should definitely aim for this matchup after a few bombs have tipped and there's double KO. Victreebel is a constant threat to so many things in OU including Lapras, Slowbro, Snorlax and even Starmie.

Conclusion

If played to it's strength this team should be able to wreak havoc. I do believe there is room for a synergistic combination of amnesia and wrap - two seemingly unrelated strategies. Both can be used to sweep, and one can be used to help assist the other in whatever order, which should increase the range of attacking options available. This team isn't that different from a standard amnesia Slowbro team, but should carry with it an unique theme and it's own twist. The team has not be experimented with as extensively as the full wrap teams and I have relatively little experience in using amnesia. Therefore any advice on how to improve the team or how it should be played would be extremely appreciated. However, please bear the fundamental question in mind - is 'Wrapnesia' a viable concept? Do also let me know of your honest opinion if you think the two concepts cannot be combined well and it's best to stick to one or the other.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)