XY LC Analysis Reservation Index

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Gen VI LC C&C Index - Pokebank Analyses
(format shamelessly borrowed from Fuzznip)
If you are new to C&C and analysis writing standards, read these before posting:
Welcome to the official XY LC Analysis Reservations thread. Since XY LC has been around for a while now, the need to update the previous index was big. These analyses will likely take time to finish completely as we need not only your effort but finalization on information of legality pertaining to Pokebank (not to mention the re-release of Pokebank now that Nintendo has delayed it again). Nonetheless, we still appreciate your effort and are glad you want to help us out in this endeavor to write analyses!

The Quality Control (QC) Team
  • The Quality Control team is responsible to ensure every LC analysis is up to the high standards Smogon expects for its content. These analyses are being viewed by thousands of individuals across the world, so a high standard of quality is necessary.
  • If the QC team does not think your analysis is up to on-site standards, they have the right to reassign or reject it. Make sure you familiarize yourself with C&C standards if you wish to prevent this from being the case.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/little-cup-qc-process.3496100/

If you believe you could be a valuable asset to the LC QC team shoot both macle and Rowan a pm with the following information: LC analyses you've written w/ links, LC analyses you've offered contributions / suggestions to w/ links to posts, and anything else you think we should know.

Reservation Rules (IMPORTANT: THESE HAVE CHANGED)
  • You may reserve up to three analyses, updates, or single set write-ups at a time, as long as the writer requesting to reserve this many is deemed responsible enough by QC to handle this many at once. This goes for both badgeholders and non-badgeholders and it will be enforced; we have many people who want to help and this encourages you to get things done in a timely manner. Quality Control members may reserve more than this limit but are still expected to complete their analyses in a timely manner.
  • Additional reservations cannot be made until your current analyses are posted and in the written stage.
  • Post in this thread with your analysis reservations. Pay attention to the posts in front of you in case the list is not updated.
  • Do not edit your posts in this thread after an extended period of time. Double post if you wish to unreserve your Pokemon or select another one instead.
  • If a Pokemon is not on the reservation list and you strongly believe it deserves an analysis, post in this thread with a thorough explanation as to why and the Quality Control team will address it.
  • Your reservation(s) is not approved until one of the moderators edit your post with the words "Approved by (moderator name)". Posts can only be edited in this manner by Mambo, Levi, OP, macle, or Sparktrain. You may not post the thread(s) otherwise.
Analysis Thread Tags
  • When you post your thread, be sure to use the appropriate tags for each stage of the analysis:
    • WIP - Work in Progress: The skeleton is incomplete and is not ready for the QC Team to evaluate. Keep in mind that the longer your analysis stays in WIP stage, the greater the chance of it being reassigned. Do not be lazy. After a period of 3 days, it may be reassigned if it is still in skeleton stages.
    • Quality Control - Quality Control Ready: In the set title, include [QC: 0/3]. The skeleton is complete in bullet point form and now needs to seek approval by the QC Team. Make sure you update the thread title with the number of QC checks you currently have. ONLY WHEN YOU REACH THREE QC APPROVALS MAY YOU BEGIN WRITING THE ANALYSIS IN PARAGRAPH FORM, OTHERWISE THE ANALYSIS REMAINS IN BULLET POINTS.
    • Copyediting - Grammar-Prose Ready: In the set title, include [GP: 0/2]. The three required QC approvals have been met. The Grammar-Prose team now takes over. When you are ready for a GP check, please post in the Grammar-Prose Queue with a link to your analysis.
    • Done: After the analysis gets two GP stamps, the analysis is ready for upload.
  • Be sure to update your thread's tags and stamp number as you move along the process.
Reservation List

After reserving a Pokemon, you have 72 hours to post the skeleton before your reservation is dropped. Any analyses that are left unattended for extended periods of time are prone to be given a new writer or given to a QC member to finish. Don't rush with your work, but please only start if you plan on finishing in a timely manner.

Pokemon analyses will be categorized under the following headings:
  • Unreserved: The Pokemon has yet to be claimed by someone.
  • Reserved: The Pokemon is claimed by someone.
  • In Progress: The Pokemon's analysis has been posted and is going through the process.
  • Completed: The Pokemon's analysis is complete and is awaiting upload.
A
Abra ....................... blizzardy
Aron ...................... Sparkychild
Azurill ...................... AnybodyAgrees

B
Baltoy ........................ unfixable
Bronzor ..................... Scron
Buizel ........................ Yagura
Buneary ...................... Goddess Briyella

C
Chespin........................ unfixable
Chikorita ....................... Rowan
Chimchar ...................... Flying Types Rule!
Clamperl .................... Max Carvalho
Clauncher .................... frenzyplant
Cottonee .................... Champion Fizz
Cranidos ..................... Goddess Briyella
Cubone ...................... dsr95

D
Darumaka ........................... Goddess Briyella
Deerling ......................... Expulso
Deino ....................... Water Drone
Diglett .................... Mambo
Drowzee .................... Aaron's Aron

E
Eevee ....................... Caledrith

F
Finneon .................... acestriker19
Frillish ...................... Aaron's Aron
Froakie ...................... Caledrith

G
Gastly ...................... Adam Lambert
Golett .................... Water Drone
Grimer .................... acestriker19
Gothita ....................... Caledrith

H
Honedge ..................... Max Carvalho
Horsea ....................... Alphose_Elric

I

J
Joltik ....................... sparktrain

K
Kabuto ..................... Max Carvalho
Karrablast ..................... cityfolk

L
Lickitung ..................... Goddess Briyella
Litleo .................... Amp Pharaohs
Larvitar ..................... Nightmare Vampire

M
Mantyke ................... kingmidas
Mime Jr. .................... bobbyvaporeon
Mincinno ....................... Champion Fizz

N
Natu .................... Water Drone
Numel ....................... Shaymin :D
Noibat ....................... The Quasar

O

P
Pumpkaboo .................... Pokemasta77
purrloin ......................... Caledrith
Pineco ......................... Tricking
Poochyena ................... Mysteria

Q

R

Remoraid ....................... JEFLIV
Riolu .................... Goddess Briyella

S
Sandshrew ..................... Mowtom
Seel .............................. sparktrain
Sewaddle .................... Jac
Shelmet .................... Goddess Briyella
Shieldon ..................... zeriloa
Shuppet....................... The Quasar
Shroommish .................... The Avalanches
Skiddo ..................... Amp Pharaohs
Skorupi ..................... Water Drone
Slugma ........................ Adam Lambert
Stunky .................... Aaron's Aron
Snivy .................... The Avalanches
Shinx ..................... Expulso
Solosis ........................ dsr95
Slugma .................... Adam Lambert
Starly ....................... frenzyplant

T
Taillow .................... Corporal Levi
Teddiursa .................... The Avalanches
Togepi .................... Jac
Tympole ................... Ranger Mike
Tyrunt ........................ Goddess Briyella
Treecko ........................ Gregingston

U

V

Voltorb ..................... JEFLIV
Vulpix .................... blizzardy
Venipede .................... Mambo

W
Wailmer .................... frenzyplant

Y
Yamask .................... Dhaora
Z
Zubat ...................... Alphose_Elric
zorua ....................... Yagura

D
Drilbur (Choice Scarf)....... LightningLuxray
Mienfoo (baton pass) ........ Rowan

A
Aipom ................... Max Carvalho
Amaura ....................... TCR
Anorith ....................... TCR
Archen ...................... Aerow
Axew .................... Professor Birch

B
Bagon ................... Bagon
Barboach ..................... Mysteria
Bellsprout ..................... Aerow
Binacle .................... Lord Alphose
Bulbasaur .................... Lord Alphose
Bunnelby .................. Aerow

C
Cacnea ....................... The Avalanches
Carvanha .................. prem
Charmander .................. Alphose_Elric
Chinchou .................... Corporal Levi
Corphish ..................... Aerow
Croagunk .................. TCR

D
Doduo .................... Max Carvalho
Dratini .................... Mysteria
Drifloon ........................ Champion Fizz
Drilbur .................... Aerow
Dwebble ...................... Alphose_Elric

E
Elekid .......................... Adam Lambert
Ekans ...................... Champion Fizz
Exeggcute .................... Bagon
Elygem ....................... Goddess Briyella

F
Ferroseed ....................... TCR
Fletchling .................... The Avalanches
Foongus .................... Corporal Levi

G
Geodude .................... Lord Alphose
Goomy ........................ AwesomeFennekin
Growlithe .................... Unfixable

H
Helioptile .................... Alphonse Elric
Houndour .................... zeriloa
Hippopotas ........................ Aerow

I
Inkay ..................... Unfixable

K
Koffing .................... Alphose_Elric
Krabby ..................... Champion Fizz

L
Lileep .................... Aerow
Larvesta ...................... Yagura

M
Magby .................... Expulso
Magnemite .................... Magcargo 2
Meowth ......................... TCR
Mienfoo ......................... Kavatika
Misdreavus ................. TCR
Munchlax .................... LightningLuxray
Machop .................... Alphose_Elric

N
Nosepass ..................... Alphose_Elric
O
Onix ............................. Heysup
Oddish .................... The Avalanches
Omanyte .................... Rowan

P
Pancham ....................... Unfixable
Pawniard .................... TCR
Phantump .................... The Avalanches
Porygon ........................ Kavatika
Poliwag ..................... macle
Ponyta ...................... Rowan
Porygon .................... Champion Fizz
Purrloin ...................... blizzardy

R
Rhyhorn ..................... Mysteria

S
Scraggy ........................ TCR
Shellder ......................... Alphose_Elric
Shellos .................... Corporal Levi
Slowpoke .................. Electrolyte
Snubbull .................... Goddess Briyella
Spritzee .................... Champion Fizz
Staryu .................... Rowan
Surskit .................... TCR
Sandile ...................... Unfixable
Skrelp .................... Unfixable
Smoochum .................... Bagon
Snover ....................... Lord Alphose
Spinarak ..................... The Avalanches
Spritzee .................... Champion Fizz

T
Tentacool ....................... Corporal Levi
Timburr ..................... atomicllamas
Tirtouga .................... Lolk
Torchic .................... TCR
Trapinch ........................ dsr95
Trubbish .................... zeriloa

V
Venonat.................. Champion Fizz
Vullaby .................... Kavatika

W
Wingull ........................... Magcargo 2
Wooper ..................... Unfixable
Wynaut ....................... Aerow

Z
Zigzagoon .................... Aerow

we stopped updating this rip

Last edited by a moderator:

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can I take Cacnea please?

Approved by Goddess Briyella. Copy over the information from the pre-existing thread and use it as a basis for your new one. Also be sure to move the QC status over as well.

Aaron's Aron

A concussion update in my info tab
I'm working on my analyses, so they're not just sitting there. Also, may I take Lickitung from Plead? He gave permission on PS.

EDIT: I was talking to Fizz, and we decided that I would take Mantyke from Bagon. I know it says only reserve three, but I don't totally understand that because most people have like five. So I would like to take over Mantyke too.

Last edited:
I'd like to claim Solosis

Approved by Goddess Briyella

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Requesting to take over Drifloon from Bagon

Approved by Goddess Briyella

doomsday doink

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Does anybody have Venonat atm? If not, I'd like permission to take it.

(macle approved)

Psyduck can actually run a choice scarf set that can switch in and eliminate most weather abusers. It also as an extensive amount of support moves such as encore, toxic, confuse ray, hypnosis, and light screen. It may not be the best, but it at least gives LC the much needed innovative approach.

Aerow

rebel
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Taking over Wynaut with permission from TUO.

(approved by macle)

I notice there is no Chespin analysis (unless I missed something) and I do think it has a legitimate niche. It has the ability to wall most variants of Misdreavus and its ability is cool for this, and Gastly as well. It can set Spikes, has reliable recovery (and a reliable STAB attack), and its ability allows it to have a unique niche. Obviously it has its flaws such as Fletchling being around, being easy to set up on, and being quite slow, but it has its uses and I believe it deserves an analysis.

Also, I've been testing Baltoy a bit and it's not as shit as I would've thought. It isn't OHKOed by Pawniard's Knock Off and it has a high chance to OHKO in return w/ Earthquake, which is actually pretty cool. It's not as shitty as Claydol in the upper tiers, so don't think that. It can set Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin. It is outclassed by Drilbur, mainly, but what Baltoy has is Levitate, a SubTyping, and more bulk than Drilbur (Baltoy reaches 21 / 16 / 16 versus Drilbur's standard 23 / 10 / 11). Baltoy is quite subpar, but it has its niche.

(approved just chespin)

I was looking through the list and didn't see Venipede's name. I think it should get an analysis, as Speed Boost allows it to be quite an efficient lead. It's nearly guaranteed to get up a couple layers of spikes, and can wear down opponents with Endeavor after it has run its course of use and been brought down to sash. Although it doesn't have too great of an offensive presence, it has pretty good defensive typing and endeavor to make up for this. Speed Boost + Hazards + Endeavor is a good enough niche to warrant an analysis, in my opinion. :]

Would it be ok if I wrote a Choice Scarf set for Drilbur? Being able to spam Choice Scarf Mold Breaker Earthquake is a really great thing, as it ignores annoying abilities such as Sturdy and Levitate. It can also remove hazards in a pinch, making it helpful in that regard. I've been using it a lot and doing well with it, and I think it deserves a set. :]

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Would it be ok if I wrote a Choice Scarf set for Drilbur? Being able to spam Choice Scarf Mold Breaker Earthquake is a really great thing, as it ignores annoying abilities such as Sturdy and Levitate. It can also remove hazards in a pinch, making it helpful in that regard. I've been using it a lot and doing well with it, and I think it deserves a set. :]
Actually, if I recall correctly, we had a discussion in the thread about a Choice Scarf set. macle ended up deciding this: "honestly we should just put it in OO and if it becomes more popular / discovered to be better, someone can write up a set for it." It has certainly become more popular, so I support his argument.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
AFAIK, we aren't adding in extra sets yet, as there are too many things to be done.

doomsday doink

Can I take over Cubone? It hasnt been touched since February and I'm not sure if JEFLIV even knows it still exists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)