Ability: Guts
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Heavy Slam
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

This set might have a niche since it can beat spritzee and weaken snubbull. It provides good utility with priority fake out, powerful STAB and Knock Off. It also has a good bulk that makes up somehow for its subpar defenses. Though it's generally outclassed by other fighting-types. Maybe this could find a place in a double fighting-type core with timburr or scraggy, weakening fairies idk.

edit: ducklett and pidgey are outclassed, whereas i wouldn't mind having chingling's and cubchoo's analyses.
Cubchoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Rattled
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Encore

Chingling (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Heal Bell / Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Psychic
Sorry to be a pain, but by 'you wouldn't mind having those analysises' did you mean you wanted to write them, or can I? Really sorry for being a Bidoof, if I can write Makuhita, Cubchoo and Chingling, I'll start tomorrow. Thanks! :)

Edit: I think I was thinking weird as I was tired. After re-reading, I'm going to assume you meant me and post them later :). If you want them, feel free however.

Last edited:
Hi! I've uploaded the three I had sooo...

Going from my list can I take...

Oshawatt? Anyone? I think it's been a while...

Is Bonsly approved/denied yet?

Otherwise Espurr, Happiny and Hoothoot please. Espurr is a dual screens plus trick room plus more stuff support. Imagine Chingling but a worse movepool but usable stats. Happiny is...erm...usable, I guess, at its support role and spreads status and stuff. Hoothoot is outclassed apart from Hypnosis and light screen, which gives it a cool niche.

BTW, I'm going to start updating the list I made every so often ;). I've added a key and some stuff too.
Key: Bold: Open for reservation still (or potentially so). 19 left!!!

Normal: 'Denied' reservation recently. I might also add some mons which previous analysises have either not existed or called them unviable. These mons probably won't be getting an analysis soon, but they're not blacklisted so good luck ;).

Italic: Reserved or WIP.

Crossed: Uploaded. Sorry ;).

Bonsly
Chingling
Cubchoo
Drowzee

Ducklett
Espurr
Flabebe
Happiny
Hoothoot

Igglybuff
Ledyba

Makuhita
Mudkipz
Nidorian-F
Nincada

Oshawatt
Pansage
Pansear
Patrat
Pichu

Pidgey
Pidove
Psyduck
Pumpkaboo Large and Normal
Ralts
Roggenrolla
Seedot
Sentret
Spheal
Spoink
Turtwig

Tyrogue
Whismur

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Whoops! You need an LC C&C moderator to approve your analyses; at the moment, that's OP, Mambo, and myself. It's fine if you do multiple analyses at once in the future, but since you're pretty new to the process, I would prefer it if you did them one at a time for now. I will unlock your other threads if you work on them later (I'll unlock Makuhita once you get Flabebe to GP).
I appreciate the enthusiasm, though!

i was waiting for permission and the lazy fuck mods never gave it to me x______x

confirming - levi

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! I'm fairly new to all of this, but if I can give it a shot, I'd love to! Could I potentially do this Pokemon?

Turtwig @ Eviolite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 156 HP / 212 Atk / 4 Def / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed/Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis
- Crunch/Return

It's a decent grass-type physical attacker which sets up with SD and can heal off hits with Synthesis. It gets Crunch, which is pretty unique for a grass type, too.

BTW, while I'm here, do you have to post an analysis as WIP first before QC? If you don't, I might just put it straight as it's needed for that bit.

Hi! I'm fairly new to all of this, but if I can give it a shot, I'd love to! Could I potentially do this Pokemon?

Turtwig @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 212 Atk / 4 Def / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed/Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis
- Crunch/Return

It's a decent grass-type physical attacker which sets up with SD and can heal off hits with Synthesis. It gets Crunch, which is pretty unique for a grass type, too.

BTW, while I'm here, do you have to post an analysis as WIP first before QC? If you don't, I might just put it straight as it's needed for that bit.
I ain't the best, but I don't think that's a set that's really all that good. Turtwig's only "niche" would probably be as the only grass-type with dual screens (light screen and reflect). If you want to work on a mon, I THINK (think) you can PM a mod or something to find out what's reservable and what's not.

I ain't the best, but I don't think that's a set that's really all that good. Turtwig's only "niche" would probably be as the only grass-type with dual screens (light screen and reflect). If you want to work on a mon, I THINK (think) you can PM a mod or something to find out what's reservable and what's not.
Thanks! I'll message one of the mods and I'll change the set to a dual screen one. Thanks for helping!

gonna interject here-turtwig's best set is probably a curse one (gets bullet seed, ok coverage, recovery), and grass type with screens is done better by snivy.

id also like to reserve pansage

approved - levi

Thanks Corporal Levi

Turtwig @ Eviolite
EVs: 244 Def / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb / Bullet Seed
- Crunch

This is the rocks Turtwig set that's been decided on. Not sure if I should slash Superpower at the end to surprise steel types. Apart from that, it hits 21 in both def stats, can heal after it sets rocks, and can actually deal a bit of damage to most switch ins. Is this fine?

approved, go ahead and post a thread - levi

Hi! Sorry to double post, but I've finished my Turtwig analysis and I'd like to reserve more. I don't know how many I can reserve at the moment (I read up to three, but it depends on what the staff say) or if I need to tag somebody to see it (if so, tagging Corporal Levi).

Espurr: Decent all-around stats and some cool moves. Could potentially run a Trick-scarf or Bulky Support Attacker with Eviolite utilising any of Trick, Psychic, Dark Pulse, Energy Ball, Calm Mind, Thunder Wave and Heal Bell.

Spoink: Like the above, Spoink could also run a Trick-scarf set or a Calm Mind set which would set up on special attackers to deal loads of damage. It also gets access to Power Gem and Thunder Wave, and because of this can support the team by defeating some Flying, Bug and Fire types and Paralysing many other mons.

These are two I found, mainly revolving around crippling the opponent to provide support to other teammates. Are these up for reservation? Thanks!

Edit: Working on a response :)

Last edited:
I don't think Spoink has a viable set that isn't outclassed, but Espurr could viably run a Choice Scarf set. With INfiltrator, it can revenge kill Drifloon behind a sub and have coverage similar to Abra/Gothita's.
Espurr @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 24 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Energy Ball
- Trick

Make sure not just to look at what a Pokemon can do, but what it can do in relation to other Pokemon. Why use Espurr or Spoink over Spritzee, Gothita, Slowpoke, or even Drowzee?
I don't think Spoink has a viable set that isn't outclassed, but Espurr could viably run a Choice Scarf set. With INfiltrator, it can revenge kill Drifloon behind a sub and have coverage similar to Abra/Gothita's.
Espurr @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 24 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Energy Ball
- Trick
I agree with your set being the best, Tahu.

I do disagree on the big regarding Spoink though.

Stuff the scarf set can do over Gothita:

• Gets Power Gem over Energy Ball, which hits Flying, Ice, Bug and Fire types for SE damage.
  • Also gets Thick Fat (but misses out on Shadow Tag) meaning it can defeat many of the fire and ice types in the tier (see above point).
  • Better overall stats means it hits harder and is bulkier, specifically against special attacks.
Stuff the Bulky Eviolite set does over Slowpoke, which is its main competition:

• Mainly Thick Fat, less weaknesses, speed, SpD stat and SpA stat. However, it does lack recovery.
Admittedly, the scarf set has more of a niche.
Thanks Levi for the response!

i'm not qc or involved in analysis writing, but can someone explain to me why we keep approving shitmons for analyses? there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to use espurr, spoink, flabebe, etc. on a competitive team and having these analyses on-site is misleading to the newer players who actually use said analyses to learn the tier. i feel like the current practice is more harmful than helpful, and unless someone can explain a valid logic behind it, should be changed.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
honestly i don't see the harm in evaluating bad mons for their potential niches. The current practice allows users who have found Pokemon with small niches to get their feet wet in LC C&C, which is helpful for promoting the growth and advancement of our community and our metagame. as a qc team, we try to make sure that analyses of awful pokemon contain substantial information about the Pokemon that outclass them, which should help newer users who truly want to learn a tier. if you need an example of the positive aspect of badmons analyses, just look at me!

GOAO

Banned deucer.
Agree w/ ZF. IMO when u search for a shit mon on analyse dex it should say "this mon is shit" and Tell you why.

I do agree with GOAO and ZoroarkForever, as of lately i've been seeing alot of analyses of awful pokemon being written and from the wording and the comments, they seem to been taken as seriously as analyses for S rank pokemon like Pawniard and make the pokes look like good ones, it may fool new players who don't know anything about the meta into thinking that Flabebe, Glameow or Charmander are good meta picks. I've been looking at some analyses of utterly terrible pokemon and they are intrepreted as "This pokemon is quite decent, it suffers from many flaws that prevent it from being great, it's a little outclassed by x and y but it may have a spot on some teams" And then the other options, team options etc make them look like versatile pokemon and that they form good cores with x and y, wouldn't it be better to put set names like "DON'T USE FLABEBE" "Bad Choice Scarf user" and then focus on the negative aspects, tell them that they are massively outclassed by x and that they should never be considered on serious teams? Because some analyses as of now encourage the use of some pokemon and if they didn't have a set, newbies would be discouraged to use as they think that the pokemon has no set due to it being outclassed but some of them just go to showdown rooms spamming "please give me a set for spoink" "set for oshawott?" "what do i use on flabebe?" because they don't have sets on smogdex or build even worse sets by themselves so it's a good part of analyses but they'd rather emphasize the uselessness of the said pokemon to make newer players think twice before using those bad pokemon o.O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)