ORAS LC you dont go hand to hand with a fighter noob (Dual Fighter)

dont mess with a figther noob
Introduction
Hello there I am trash, and this is my second RMT :]. So after taking a long break I decided I wanted to try something new besides using Taunt Mienfoo, Porygon, Spritzee, Scarf Magnemite, Foongus and Staryu all the time. Dual Fighting has been something used alot in LC with Scarf/Standard Mienfoo & BU Timburr, DDance/Scarf Scraggy, SD Riolu, or NP/BU Croagunk. After seeing those teams I decided to try it myself but instead of using Timburr, Scraggy, Riolu, or Croagunk I chose the underrated threat SD Pancham then adding Mienfoo as a clean-up or to weaken Pancham's checks. Before starting I will tell you why I named this team "you dont go hand to hand with a fighter noob" (I don't really know what this means but some random in LC said this and I will explain what I think it means) this quote basically sums up LC because if you don't have at least two checks for Fighting-types you will literally get destroyed by this team and many others, like if your only check is Fletchling or Abra you will literally lose to Fighting spam. And now for the team...

The Squad
Teambuilding Process

As I stated I wanted to build a dual fighter team with SD Pancham and Scarf Mienfoo. I started off with Pancham and wanted another Fighting-type pokemon to take advantage of Pancham and also always wanted to use Pancham but never had the chance to choose it because it never fits in my teams. Next, I chose Mienfoo because it also helps lure what Pancham has trouble with, with the move Stone Edge for bulky Fire-types. I chose Scarf Mienfoo because to lure Ponyta better. Mienfoo helps beat/wear down Pancham's checks while Pancham does the same which is why I chose these two Fighters.

I added Vullaby because my team couldn't handle Foongus if I went Gunk Shot on Pancham. Vullaby is an amazing Foongus stopper bar Sludge Bomb poison.

After looking at my team I saw a huge Fairy-type weakness and Abra stopping Pancham from sweeping so I chose Honedge. Honedge also resists Mienfoo & Pancham's other two weakness Flying/Psychic-type. Overall Honedge is an amazing choice to the team helping with resists and being a nuisance to most teams.

I noticed that I did not have a Ground-type resist which is usually a problem because Ground-type is an amazing offensive typing, no Fighting-type resist, and also having a weakness to setup pokemons. I added Cottonee for a Ground/Fighting-type resist and a setup stopper.

Lastly, I decide to choose another Flying-type check mainly for Fletchling & Archen. I also needed SR so I chose Defensive Tirtouga. Tirtouga is one of the best SR user and also beats FletchDig and also helps with my Fire-type weakness.

The Sets

@
| Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature | EVs: 60 HP / 180 Atk / 100 Def / 52 SpD / 92 Spe
Drain Punch | Gunk Shot | Knock Off | Swords Dance

@
| Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature | EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
High Jump Kick | Knock Off | Stone Edge | U-turn

@
| Ability: Overcoat
Adamant Nature | EVs: 236 Atk / 156 Def/ 76 SpD / 36 Spe
Brave Bird | Defog | Knock Off | Roost

@
| Ability: No Guard
Jolly Nature | EVs: 156 HP / 36 Atk / 116 Def / 140 SpD / 52 Spe
Iron Head | Pursuit | Sacred Sword | Shadow Sneak

@
| Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature | EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Dazzling Gleam | Encore | Giga Drain | Knock Off

@
| Ability: Solid Rock
Sassy Nature | EVs: 244 HP / 92 Def / 12 SpA / 156 SpD
Knock Off | Scald | Stealth Rock | Stone Edge

Set Descriptions
I always wanted to try Pancham then I decided to use the Wallbreaking set, which is why I chose SD Pancham. Eviolite is to make it bulkier than it already is to set up SD easier or to check Pawniard. Drain Punch is used because I wanted a STAB but also a healing move so it can be semi-healthy. Then I chose Gunk Shot over Zen Headbutt, another option if you feel weak to Poison-types, because I wanted Pancham to apply pressure if Mienfoo U-turned on a fairy type, Gunk Shot also kills Foongus at +2 once Foongus' Eviolite is knocked off. Knock Off is to hit Ghost/Psychic-types, another coverage, and also to remove the switch-in's item. Lastly is Swords Dance, the reason I chose Pancahm. Swords Dance boosts Pancham's attack and allows it to wall break (allows Mienfoo to clean up after) or even sweep once Pancham's threat is removed. The EVs aren't standard because I wanted my Pancham to speed-creep standard Pumpkaboo-Super. So I added extra EVs to speed, 12 speed, and removed EVs from special defense because LC is mostly Attack-based pokemons. I wanted Pancham be as strong as possible so I gave it 180 attack which maxed out Pancham's attack. 100 defense and 52 special defense is to make it bulkier reaching 14/12. The extra EVs were put into HP because I wanted Pancham to be more bulky and adding an extra EVs special defense did not matter enough. Adamant Nature is so it can reach 18 attack unboosted.

OTHER OPTIONS: Zen Headbutt over Gunk Shot if you find Poison-types annoying

After choosing SD Pancham I wanted a pokemon to clean up, so I chose standard Scarf Mienfoo because it gave me a clean-up for what SD Pancham couldn't kill. High Jump Kick is used because I wanted a strong STAB, unresisted pokemons are usually 2HKOd. The next move I chose is Knock Off because it helps remove the switch-in's item and is also one of the best move in LC. I chose Stone Edge for bulky Flame Body pokemons such as Ponyta and Larvesta which they get 2HKOd and OHKOd respectively. U-turn is for momentum or if I didn't want to predict the switch-in. The EVs are standard, 236 attack for maximum offense, 36 defense for a bit bulk if I chose it to be knocked off, and 236 speed for maximum speed so Mienfoo hits 25 speed after scarf. Jolly Nature is chosen so I wouldn't be speed tying Scarf 16 speeds and also wanted to 17 speed in case I let Mienfoo's Scarf knocked off.
OTHER OPTIONS: Drain Punch over Stone Edge if you are afraid of missing HJK

As I said before, I needed a Foongus stopper. Offensive Defog Vullaby is my favorite Vullaby set for this meta. Eviolite is to make it more bulky to handle Foongus mostly, because of Overcoat which allows it be immune to Spore and Stun Spore, and other pokemons better. Brave Bird and Knock Off is chosen as STABs to abuse Vullaby's 16 attack. To be more in depth why I chose those two STABs is because Brave Bird really hurts from a 16 attack STAB and then Knock Off is way too good to pass up because it helps with removing pokemon's items with an amazing base 97.5, if they have an item. Defog is because webs can be annoying for my team and also hazard stacking teams with toxic spikes can literally 6-0 this team if I don't defog it away. Lastly, I chose Roost because I wanted reliable recovery. The EVs here aren't standard as well. I decided to maximize Vullaby's attack so the switch-ins will have trouble. 14 special defense is added to handle Foongus better and did not have anything noticeable from 16 special defense. afterwards I had leftover EVs which I added the rest to have more physical bulk to deal with fighters better and the 36 EVs leftover which helped reach 13 speed.
OTHER OPTIONS: U-turn over Defog if you find that webs/hazard stacking are not annoying

Honedge, the underrated pokemon. Pursuit trapper, Honedge, is rarely used but I have seen people use it. From what I have saw they did not use the best EVs which I created, I will talk more about it later. I gave it Berry Juice, gave a way to heal, because I needed a reliable Flying/Fairy/Psychic-types switch-in. Starting with the move-set first, I used Iron Head so I can effectively kill fairy types or just to scare them off, it also gives me a strong STAB for a neutral hit. Pursuit, the trapping move, is mainly used for chip damage or to eliminate Abra and Gastly (note that it is risky using Pursuit against Gastly). Sacred Sword is a coverage move to hit Steel/Normal-types harder mainly for Ferroseed, Pawniard, and Porygon. Lastly, I chose Shadow Sneak for STAB the reason why I chose it over Shadow Claw is because I wanted a priority move to revenge kill low health pokemons. Time for why I chose these EVs, first when I started EVing Honedge I gave it enough speed for 11 because I wanted to speed creep Porygon, Snubbull, and Timburr. Afterwards I wanted it to be as bulky as possible so I added 156 HP, gave enough special defense for 12, and then had leftover EVs. The leftovers EVs I put 116 into defense to take Fletchling's Acrobatics better and had 44 EV left so I just dumped the rest into attack.

OTHER OPTIONS: Berry Juice can be swapped with Eviolite if you want more bulk

Cottonee is one of the best support pokemon. The set and EVs are standard. Dazzling Gleam is mainly to hit Fighting/Dark-types. Encore is used because I am fairly weak to set-up pokemons and would like to stop them by switching into it. Giga Drain is for self-recovery and a STAB. Lastly, using one of the best move in LC, Knock Off, what Cottonee lures are Pawniard, Croagunk, Ferroseed, Skrelp, and more. After knocking off these pokemons it helps my team break through them easier. The EVs are standard, 196 defense and 196 special defense to maximize Cottonee's bulk then the rest into HP so it can achieve maximum bulk. Bold Nature is to make Cottonee even more physically bulky.
OTHER OPTIONS: Stun Powder/Taunt can be used Knock Off

Defensive Tirtouga fits the team so well and uses the best three moves in pokemon. I changed up the EVs to handle special attackers better. Overall the set is standard. Yes, I love spamming Knock Off on all my pokemons, this move is too good to pass up. The ability to remove a pokemon's item is amazing in LC because they either lose their Eviolite, Berry Juice, Life Orb, or even Choice item. Ah Scald, with the amazing 100% 30% burn rate. I chose this because Tirtouga can burn the switch-ins and as a water STAB. Abusing another amazing move is Stealth Rock, this move helps my team so much because basically all my pokemon forces a switch and residual damage helps so much. Stone Edge is chosen as a rock STAB because it hits really hard even if I invested no attack to it, it helps deal with Flying-types mainly. The EVs may seem weird but it suits my team better than standard. First I wanted as much HP as possible so I just added 244. Next I wanted to hit 18 defense and as much special defense as I can so I added 92 and 156 respectively. Lastly, leaving with 16 EVs left, I added the rest into special attack because it is the only thing can be raised. Sassy Nature is to make Tirtouga's special defense to hit 14 and not to lower the attack and special attack.
OTHER OPTIONS: Aqua Jet can be used Knock Off if you want extra priority

Type Resists/Immunities

PANCHAM AND MIENFOO

VULLABY

HONEDGE

COTTONEE

TIRTOUGA

Import
Code:
foo (Mienfoo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

cham (Pancham) @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 60 HP / 180 Atk / 100 Def / 52 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

vulla (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 236 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Roost

SORD (Honedge) @ Berry Juice
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Atk / 116 Def / 140 SpD / 52 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

cotton (Cottonee) @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Encore
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off

tirt (Tirtouga) @ Eviolite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 244 HP / 92 Def / 12 SpA / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Conclusion
Thank you for spending your time reading my RMT! This team is based on SD Pancham and Scarf Mienfoo which came out so well. This team means alot to me because I have never felt so good about posting something, the team is so solid but has a few flaws. Overall, I think Fighting-types define the meta right now because if you don't have the correct checks for the certain Fighting-type, you will be sacking one pokemon by one. I have been around LC for a year now but I felt like I have been here for longer, even though some people may say LC community is bad I feel like it is really easy to get along with them and was worth my time staying with this community. I hope you enjoyed reading and laddering with this squad :].
Last but not least, before I take another break from pokemon! (leaving earlier than expected because something came up and won't be on anymore)
I might have forgot some people but I love all of you
Amazing friends
OP thank you for drafting me in LCPL, that's literally the only reason why I was here again

Melonz
top tier nerd amazing friend who helped me indirectly get better in LC
Ajna amazing RU player, thanks for giving me teams for RU Open! also being a great friend even though I barely met you
Laxuy I love this person. overall an amazing person
Aerow unrip when I come back please :(
mad0ka love talking to you, come back someday
antemortem amazing person! my favorite global nerd
Nineage I love you :]
rssp1 and Doctor Gucci mafia nerd, also an okay LC player
LC community
macle frog fren

QuoteCS i'm glad I created you
Jac amazing lc player with cute teams n_n
Omastar42 love you nerd
Goao pig
Kingler12345 boyfriend!
ZoroarkForever come back and bring some LC innovation with you!
Corporal Levi Mambo Fiend Tahu TheFenderStory kingmidas Max Carvalho Merritt Pikasohn RZL sparktrain Superpowerdude tazz Splashyship Mr. NudistoBeach John76 CatcherAndTheRai dcae
Survivor peeps
Cheekers my girl, Cheekers!

Suninto Bandito cutest user next to Cheekers
Private_PenQuin cute nerd
aleuser free @aloser
nerds
Feliburn Natural Talent thecrystalonix ajernejcic aoemica Capteon Hawkie

Kableye Killintime cityfolk Hawkie slurmz Churmp eeveert frog22

Last edited:
No trash please don't leave D::::
Really good team and there's not much to fix, I personally prefer Eviolite Honedge>Berry Juice but I feel like you tested out Eviolite enough so you'd know which one works best. One thing I would definitely change is to use a spread of 236 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe with an Adamant Nature on Vullaby. The extra spdef still gets 2HKOed by Gastly and takes only one less damage from Foongus's Sludge Bomb, so you'd rather want it in Defense to tank hits from Physical Attackers easier. I'd also suggest using Stun Spore>Knock Off on Cottonee. You've got like 4 Knock Off users already so it doesn't desperately need to remove Eviolites, and Stun Spore lets it cripple Gastly, which otherwise is a really big threat to your team. Great team friend, good luck in whatever you do beyond mons. :]

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What up dude, sad to see you go even tho I really didn't know you, but hey, sometimes mons just gets old. Hope you stick around and say hi every once in a while and talk to ppl tho!

Pretty much doing this rate as a formality, since I'm not sure if you will even see it, but any help helps : )

First off, I don't really see Honedge doing much for you. I've used Honedge extensively, its an awesome Abra counter and whatnot, but you don't really need one. You already have a good soft counter in Vullaby, you have Tirt for non-Energy Ball Abra, and you have a good check in Mienfoo. There really isn't a need to run Honedge, except maybe for the extra bit of security. Honestly, from what it looks like you simply need a good Steel-type to fuck with Spritzee. Switching out Honedge for Magnemite can you give you immense pressure on the opponent team, especially with U-turns from Mienfoo, that helps force the opponent to react. Honedge is kinda deadweight and a momentum killer on this team, allowing things to easily set up Rocks. Magnemite immediately pressures anything not named Chinchou tbh, which is easily beaten out by Cottonee and can be easily played around by Mienfoo and Pancham. If you chose to do so, its Endure set can be used as a panic button in a way, in that if things get out of hand you can easily Endure and kill something, like maybe a +2 HJK foo? Something like that. As it is, Honedge is simply a different / worse (depending on your view) Stunky, that suffers from some of the same issues of not enough Attack to offer any sort of prescence, and as is should only be used if an Abra check is DESPERATELY needed.

Secondly, Dazzling Gleam doesn't really seem too useful on your team. I feel like Taunt would be more beneficial, since Cottonee's main role is to support its other teammates (which it does in a fantastic way with Knock Off support and Encore). You say that Taunt can be used over Knock Off, but I feel Dgleam is less useful. For one, the things it is meant to hit (Mienfoo, Timburr, Vullaby, Pawniard, Scraggy) are all dealt with by your teammates fairly well (double fight pressures Vullaby and Timburr immensely, Mienfoo is a non issue, and Pawniard and Scraggy are both non-issues). Taunt lets you stop a lot of SR setters from doing anything, as well as pooping on Sticky Web teams. Your Vullaby doesn't really wanna have to switch into SR every time to Defog it away, and Taunt helps alleviate that pressure (that's one of the weaknessses of Vullaby imo). That's about it for me, its a solid team that doesn't need much help. I hope you have a good life, and possibly come back to LC some day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)