SPOILERS! Zeraora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Zeraora
Typing: Electric
Ability: Volt Absorb / Volt Absorb (HA)
Base Stats: 88/112/75/102/80/143 (BST: 600)

1 - Scratch
1 - Spark
5 - Hone Claws
8 - Quick Attack
12 - Fury Swipes
15 - Volt Switch
19 - Snarl
22 - Fake Out
26 - Charge
29 - Thunder Punch
33 - Slash
36 - Wild Charge
40 - Quick Guard
43 - Plasma Fists
47 - Close Combat
50 - Discharge

TM01 Work Up
TM04 Calm Mind
TM06 Toxic
TM08 Bulk Up
TM10 Hidden Power
TM12 Taunt
TM17 Protect
TM21 Frustration
TM24 Thunderbolt
TM25 Thunder
TM27 Return
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM47 Low Sweep
TM48 Round
TM49 Echoed Voice
TM52 Focus Blast
TM54 False Swipe
TM56 Fling
TM59 Brutal Swing
TM62 Acrobatics
TM68 Giga Impact
TM72 Volt Switch
TM73 Thunder Wave
TM86 Grass Knot
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM93 Wild Charge
TM95 Snarl
TM100 Confide

Dual Chop
Bounce
Low Kick
Thunder Punch
Fire Punch
Superpower
Electroweb
Iron Tail
Snore
Knock Off
Drain Punch
Focus Punch
Shock Wave
Endeavor
Outrage
Snatch
Throat Chop
Laser Focus

Notes:
  • Plasma Fists: The user attacks with electrically charged fists.\nThis move changes Normal-type moves to Electric-type moves. Electric / Physical / 100 Power / 100% Accuracy / 15 PP

Last edited:
If anything, Plasma Fists give a great physical STAB for Electric-types in metas where you can your movepool. Probably won't be affected by Iron Fist though which sucks but hey.

Weird as hell that this isn't a Fighting-type. At least they sort of succeeded at making a physical Electric-type? Wishes it could get Ice Punch though.

(Working on the assumption Plasma Fists sets up Ion Deluge)

Zeraora has Volt Absorb and a nerfed Galvanize as an ability mix of sorts thanks to Plasma Fists (which also gives it an immunity to the Normal-type moves one hardly ever sees outside of Mega Pinsir). It also has a fine movepool with things like Knock Off and Close Combat.

That's where the fun ends, IMO.

The stat spread is kind of... disappointing. Its Speed may be huge but it only allows Zeraora to outspeed Tapu Koko, Mega Manectric (two Pokemon that would not face it even if they were faster) and Mega Lopunny, which is not really much. The attacking stats are rather average but I guess they could work because of the high Base Power behind the moves it learns. No Ice Punch is a huge problem, though - it cannot even try to beat any Ground-type, period. Dragon-types are a problem as well.

I think it will end up being outclassed by Tapu Koko's newfound utility (and higher power) and being BL at worst.

Last edited:
It does get 102 Special Attack to utilize Hp Ice with, unless this is a IV-locked thing or whatever like Silvally.

Plasma Fists/Hp Ice/Knock Off/Volt Switch? Not too sure really.

This thing is ugly. I had such high hopes when I saw its sprite but it just sucks :'(
Why the hell wasn't it Electric/Fighting?

Learning that many Fighting moves and not being a Fighting type is just offensive

143 Speed is fantastic with decent dual offence to backup. This gives offensive teams a non mega, non scarf mon that outspeeds and KILLs for sure Mega Lopunny and Ash Greninja.

Fake Out + Volt Switch give this incredible utility too.

Does have advantage over Tapu Koko. I think it will see use often enough

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The design is surprisingly lame (seriously the sprite is pretty good), but it has a good stat spread and neat coverage like Close Combat. A mixed cleaner/wallbreaker set with STAB/Close Combat/HP Ice/filler holding Life Orb or a Z Crystal will probably be popular.

Zeraora has Volt Absorb and a nerfed Galvanize as an ability mix of sorts thanks to Plasma Fists (which also gives it an immunity to the Normal-type moves one hardly ever sees outside of Mega Pinsir). It also has a fine movepool with things like Knock Off and Close Combat.

The stat spread is kind of... disappointing. Its Speed may be huge but it only allows Zeraora to outspeed Tapu Koko, Mega Manectric (two Pokemon that would not face it even if they were faster) and Mega Lopunny, which is not really much. The attacking stats are rather average but I guess they could work because of the high Base Power behind the moves it learns. No Ice Punch is a huge problem, though - it cannot even try to beat any Ground-type, period. Dragon-types are a problem as well.

I think it will end up being outclassed by Tapu Koko's newfound utility (and higher power) and being BL at worst.
Ion Deluge's effects only last until the end of the turn, so I'm not what you mean by "nerfed Galvanize". But yeah, Plasma Fist's side effect is situational at best. It forces Lop to risk HJK and prevents suicide leads like Scolipede and Azelf from using Endeavor/Explosion, but that's about it. Though if this thing drops to UU, it can shut down Forretress.

breh

強いだね
This may run adamant / naughty / lonely because its speed is so high that it can almost get away with it. It's outsped by ash greg, tapu koko, and the faster megas. if it falls into lower and lower tiers, even the megas may not be an issue.

plasma fists is cool because of its base power, the secondary effect is almost useless beyond it meaning that it can pull of the world's shittiest spinblock against not excadrill.

the lack of swords dance is kind of depressing but maybe bulk up is viable?

The more I look at it, the more it starts to resemble electivire at +1 speed.

Well, I would love a electric/fighting type but, anyways...gf please :(

i think this mon can run a Work Up set with Stab/HP Ice and CloseCombat or Knock Off with Life Orb, it could be good against offensive teams given its speed and high bp moves in general
At +1 SpA it OHKOes lando/chomp/zyg with LO HP Ice with 0 SpA investment

+1 0 SpA Life Orb Zeraora Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 359-426 (100.2 - 118.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 0 SpA Life Orb Zeraora Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 395-468 (110.3 - 130.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 0 SpA Life Orb Zeraora Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Landorus-Therian: 400-473 (104.7 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

IIRC, Plasma Fist can 2HKO AV Mag after rocks.
Isn't that bad at all

It's not bad at all.Nothing except M-venu really switches in with a set of Plasma fists/HP ice/knock off/CC and is fast enough so it doesn't need to predict.Work up could also be used in place of knock off.

I feel like a life orb 4 attacks or possibly a work up set would work well. Since it's base speed is so high, you don't really need to invest 252 evs into it. With 192 speed evs it still outspeeds m-lop and mane while freeing up some evs for mixed attacking with hp ice and volt switch.

It's a faster but weaker mega-mane that doesn't take up a mega slot while also having a niche as a physical electric type with possible set up moves. While it isn't super flashy, I think it's a solid pokemon that will see a fair amount of use.

Edit: It's actually stronger AND faster than m-mane. Not to mention, It also has an amazing unpredictability factor. Being able to run work up, calm mind, bulk up for setup, grass knot, knock off, close combat, fire punch for coverage, and many situation specific Z moves. OU has tended to reward versatility and unpredictability if the stats are decent(lando, mag, gren, koko, zygarde, heatran, etc...).

Last edited:
Zeraora probably won’t be OU, but that doesn’t mean this Pokémon is garbage. It can run both a banded set with Volt Switch or a Life Orb HP Ice set to good effect overall thanks to its blistering speed stat and good signature move. I think it’ll be somewhere in the upper tiers.

I feel like a life orb 4 attacks or possibly a work up set would work well. Since it's base speed is so high, you don't really need to invest 252 evs into it. With 192 speed evs it still outspeeds m-lop and mane while freeing up some evs for mixed attacking with hp ice and volt switch.

It's a faster but weaker mega-mane that doesn't take up a mega slot while also having a niche as a physical electric type with possible set up moves. While it isn't super flashy, I think it's a solid pokemon that will see a fair amount of use.
It won't be weaker after setting up plus 1 with life orb.

It gets calm mind and grass knot it has ways to deal with ground types.

Seriously, it screems Electric / Fighting, an unique combination (Electivire should have it) and they make a classic Electric type. There are so many boring Electric Type (27 to be exact) ... Too bad !

I don't see him being a big threat in Uber and even in OU

Seriously, it screems Electric / Fighting, an unique combination (Electivire should have it) and they make a classic Electric type. There are so many boring Electric Type (27 to be exact) ... Too bad !

I don't see him being a big threat in Uber and even in OU
It has all the coverage moves it could ever need besides ice punch. It has 4 set up moves and grass, fighting, ice, fire, dragon, dark, and electric coverage

In regards to Plasma Fist, does the effect mean all future normal type moves performed by Zeraora will change to the electric type for what sort of duration?

People are way underestimating this guy. Plasma Fists brings a nice physical Electric move that screws over things like Mega Pinsir. It can set up with Calm Mind, Bulk Up or Work Up. It has a ton of utility moves such as Knock Off, Taunt and Fake Out. Heck, you could probably run an Assault Vest set with Knock Off/Fake Out/Snarl or Volt Switch/HP Ice. I think that this Pokémon is gonna find a nice home in OU, potentially paired with Tapu Koko as a sort of ElectricSpam.

The design doesn't come off that hard as a Fighting-type to me. I'm actually glad it's pure Electric though; we've been getting so many dual types lately (with many of the types barely or not making sense on the Pokémon) that single types like this one are a breath of fresh air. Not being a Fighting-type helps it against the Tapus.

I'll be running a Choice Band set with Plasma Fists, Drain Punch, Fire Punch, and Grass Knot/HP Ice.

People are way underestimating this guy. Plasma Fists brings a nice physical Electric move that screws over things like Mega Pinsir.
Do you mean because Pinsir is weak to it, or because Aerilate won't work on an Electric type Quick Attack? Because if it's like Ion Deluge, Aerilate will activate first and Quick Attack+friends will still be their respective Ability-typed moves and not Electric moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)