Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yea.. i just went on the Team Builder and there was a pokemon named "Kitsunoh" i looked at the pokedex entry but there was none.

I just thought someone should know that... and i was wondering if it was intentional
Did you use the team builder in the Create-A-Pokemon server? Kitsunoh is a creation of the Create-A-Pokemon project that we run here at Smogon. We make up our own Pokemon to see their effects on the metagame. So yeah, it was intentional.

All 3 times, I did this: I saw the challenge, made sure that the rules where rules I was fine with, loaded my team, and pressed "Accept." No battle came up, all 3 times!
I'm still having this problem! A couple nights ago, me and another user decided to do some Random Battles. Every time we wanted to do one, I had to challenge him myself, because if he challenged me, nothing came up, even though I pressed "Accept!" How can I fix this?!

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm still having this problem! A couple nights ago, me and another user decided to do some Random Battles. Every time we wanted to do one, I had to challenge him myself, because if he challenged me, nothing came up, even though I pressed "Accept!" How can I fix this?!
You both have to have a team loaded up in order for random battle to work. It doesn't matter if it's your normal OU team or UU team or whatever, just both of you load a team, check random battle, click OK and the random battle will start.

Help

when I start a match of any kind, my menu for attacks and switching is OFFSCREEN! I have tried updating java, but it still stays the same. If ti helps, I'm using a mac...
I'm posting this here because the bug tracker had the same exact question twice, but no one had answered it.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
when I start a match of any kind, my menu for attacks and switching is OFFSCREEN! I have tried updating java, but it still stays the same. If ti helps, I'm using a mac...
I'm posting this here because the bug tracker had the same exact question twice, but no one had answered it.
This thread addresses your problem.

@Fatecrashers - That is not the only fix, and from source that doesn't seem to do anything.

@Senfroz - From my observations, if you challenge them, and it vanishes, let them challenge you.

@Senfroz - From my observations, if you challenge them, and it vanishes, let them challenge you.
That's not my problem. My problem is this: I'll click "Accept" to anyone's challenge, and I'll load my team beforehand. Yet, after pressing "Accept," no battle comes up! It works completely fine if I challenge someone else, but if anyone challenges me, nothing happens when I press "Accept." I am really getting PO'd that I can't accept anyone's challenge, and if I don't find out why, I'm going to go completely insane.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've searched the forums several times for Connection Reset error and several people have asked it but no answers. Anyway, I have always had a problem with Shoddy Battle and getting randomly disconnected, usually in a battle that I am about one turn away from winning. Needless to say, this is really frustrating. What are some possible causes of Connection Reset error, and how do i circumvent these issues? I'm running Windows XP with the latest version of Java and I have tried turning off my fire wall to no avail. I have been disconnected about 5 times in the last hour and a half, which amounts to 15 minutes of downtime trying to get back onto the server. Please, I am desperate.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
Why is Power Herb not available on Smogon? I had a great strategy but I can't use it because there is no Power Herb.
A lot of things are not available: Power Herb, Mail, Custap Berry etc. There really isn't a reason as to why they haven't been implemented. Shoddy Battle 2 is currently being worked on so we'll probably see these items there.

What factors cause a team to have invalid IV's/natures? I know it is directly related with the moveset one selcts, but after doublechecking that all my poke's and sets were not designed for ubers, I'm still stuck.
Any advice?

If you have any legendaries on your team, check them. As some pokemon can only be obtained method 1 in game, some nature/iv combos wont work. Try reducing the iv of the stat you dont use (att/ SpA) by 1 at a time until it is valid, or if usng a hidden power, 4 at a time.

Updates such as this will likely be incorporated into Shoddy Battle 2.
It's just weird that Dragonite got Extremespeed (HGSS) and Celebi didn't get Sucker Punch (Plat). Even in Celebi move page it doesn't say it he learns, I had to check it ingame. So I guess they forgot?

666 posts for dark lynx.

Yeah, they should put it in now, since they have been putting in all the event moves and such. I'd bet it would go in before s2. However, if it does learn it in game, you might want note it in the small changes thread in c&c

@Chanazn - On the smogon chat type this command
Code:
/record [name]
Replace [name] with your user name, and remove the ]s.

Erm, I heard a rumor Shoddy 2 won't work on Windows. It was from DJD himself, discussing Shoddy 2 and Gen V CAP.

Not the least of which is that Shoddy 2 doesn't work on Windows, which is the platform I currently use for the CAP server.
I know it's out of context (he was discussing that programming would be difficult.)

Is this true, or is the context exclusively that it's impossible to RUN a Shoddy server on Windows? It would kind of be stupid if I couldn't play it on Windows....

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The client will run on Windows fine, what Doug was talking about was the server. Either way, there is nothing really Windows exclusive in the server (at least, I'm not sure what happened once libdaemon was introduced), but what is true is that if it is possible to build on Windows, it'll be a pain. Currently I develop the server on a virtual machine because my main operating system is Windows (being a gamer and all).

The main problem is building Tracemonkey. Mozilla's guide isn't very helpful and googling for Windows help threads returns few results. It should be possible because that's Firefox's rendering engine, but Doug hasn't figured out how to and I haven't spent too much time trying when I already have a virtual machine running it.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
I just had a Little Cup battle, but my opponent's Pokemon were all fully evolved. I'm guessing that's a bug that'll be fixed in Shoddy Battle 2?
Ticking the Little Cup clause box only sets Pokemon at Level 5, if you want to use NFEs you still have to manually select them from the Team Builder. Looks like your opponent selected fully evolved ones instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)