Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You'll need to get wine to run netbattle on any non-windows product. It should run once it's installed

My Shoddy has been working for a while now, but has just stopped working. Are the servers down, or is my Shoddy messed up?

Hi. I just downloaded ShoddyBattle because I wanted to try out my Pokemon team. After all, I want to make sure it works before dedicating hours to building, EVing and leveling my Pokemon. But it seems the place is dead? Not a single person online? I would like to battle, so if there's someplace better, or if someone is willing to do a battle or something, please let me know. Or is my program just being stupid?

@Hawkflight - You don't train them. It takes all of 5-10 minutes to EV/IV your pokemon to perfection. Once you do so, save the team and select to autoload it in teambuilder. Logon to a server and click somones name, then challenge. Then click challenge, if they accept you're in a battle.

There is no adventure game part of this simulator. If you want something like that, try an MMORPG.

I know that, I think you misunderstand me. I logged in, but there was nobody on any of the servers. They were all empty. And when I tried to join a server the program crashed.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've been having this weird problem. When I hover over the opponent's active pokemon or the opponent's hidden pokeballs, it shows a box of the appropriate size, but with nothing in it. This is annoying, as I have to remember what happened to every one of the opponent's pokemon. I'm using Ubuntu. My Java is completely up-to-date. I've had this problem since I first downloaded shoddy.

okayso i just downloaded shoddy today. i can chat on the servers fine, but if i try to battle, it freezes up within about 2 minutes of the battle started. could it be that my internet isnt quite fast enough to handle it?

@rh2012 - Use a smaller server, with less people.
@balmon123 - Reregister it, you typed the password wrong, or had caps lock on.

I noticed that some mechanics are not included, like natural gift and custap berries. Is it because it takes too much scripting?

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I noticed that some mechanics are not included, like natural gift and custap berries. Is it because it takes too much scripting?
No it's because the programmers have stopped working on Shoddy Battle and have shifted their attention onto Shoddy Battle 2.

@Fatecrashers - I have been on shoddy battle since 2008, and they haven't had it implemented then. It's not the lack that they are working on Shoddy Battle 2, it's the lack that there is no way (or no time) to program it.

From time to time, in the middle of a battle, it will let me choose a move, but my timer won't stop. The messages in the chat will stop as well. I think it's probably just bad internet connection, but maybe not...?

@kalamadude - This happens occaisionally when your connection to the server dies when you're lagging too badly. There's no real fix for it.

i was wondering what iv's for celebi i could use to get a 70 hidden power fire with flawless iv's without having to correct it. Thank you.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i was wondering what iv's for celebi i could use to get a 70 hidden power fire with flawless iv's without having to correct it. Thank you.
A little more information would be nice, what nature do you plan to run on your Celebi? An easy way to check this is to go into Team Builder, select Celebi and the desired nature, and then start decreasing Attack IVs until you get a legal combination with HP Fire 70.

Posted this somewhere else, got no reply...posting it here.

Can someone spell out for me how to get Shoddy on a flash drive. I can only seem to be able to find the shortcut to copy over. Then when I delete that from the PC it is being used on and run it from the flash, it won't work.

Strangggeee hmm. Aid me in slacking at work people!!!

I'm sure there is a simple way to do it...

Thankoo.

Posted this somewhere else, got no reply...posting it here.

Can someone spell out for me how to get Shoddy on a flash drive. I can only seem to be able to find the shortcut to copy over. Then when I delete that from the PC it is being used on and run it from the flash, it won't work.

Strangggeee hmm. Aid me in slacking at work people!!!

I'm sure there is a simple way to do it...

Thankoo.
Well, you COULD re-download Shoddy Battle. Then you just install it and save it as usual, but make the flash drive your save folder. I don't know if that'll work though, since it automatically downloaded itself into a certain folder for me.

What WILL work is going to My Computer, clicking Search, then Searching for Shoddy Battle. Give it a bit (It takes forever to find the main file, I don't know why), but when the search is done, copy and paste all the files. I've done it, and it worked perfectly.

Now, I've got a question that might be really no0bish. Is Shoddy Battle 2 out yet, or not? The last info I can find on it is really dated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)