Scizor

i would run bug bite over quick atack on that set. at +2 it 2hko hippo, ohko vaporeon, 2hko swampert. idk if ohko bliss but 2hko for sure. ohko rotom-W and any other form that dont resist bug and get other koes too.

yes, i know that set was a joke set but just felt like saying.

I can't see Scizor going to UU. He just has the right moves and stats in the right places to remain a potent threat. With all the high powered Outrages sure to be flying around (at least at first, with salamence, Garchop, axeface and the hydra flying around) theres no doubt scizor is going to remain a useful player, as Scizor can revenge them all.

This is taking Breloom into account. I think theres room in the metagame for both, each tailored to what your team needs to resist more. Scizor has more resistances, but breloom has some interesting ones in combination. This is also taking the candle into account. I know this thread is about Scizor, but i am sure the candle will not live up to the hype. Scizor has ways of dealing with it anyways.

Scizor is where it is chiefly because it has U-Turn AND Bullet Punch. Thus, it is vastly different then Breloom. It is unfair to compare the two in this respect.

Scizor is where it is chiefly because it has U-Turn AND Bullet Punch. Thus, it is vastly different then Breloom. It is unfair to compare the two in this respect.
I was comparing them in the respect that they are both potential technician STAB Priority abusers. They both have 130 base attack and are both weak to fire.

But what i just said is that they have a different enough niche to both remain viable in the same metagame.

He's more or less the same so he'll still be used a lot. However Shanderaa will knock him down quite a good amount of posistions. She's faster and Scizor can't do much to her. Plus Shadow tag and any fire move of her choice.
Ya, but that's why using U-Turn will be more risky though.

I've always loved Scizor and I see him going no where. "The_Enemy" basically said everything that needs to be known about this beast. Great description, you explained everything very well.

Shanderaa is obviously a solid counter to Scizor if Shadow Tag is still legal, but it's not all that great at switching in. Obviously Pursuit kills it and U-Turn gets Scizor out of trouble...but a CB Adamant Scizor with Technician does 34-40% with Bullet Punch, assuming Shanderaa has no EVs invested in its defense. That means if Stealth Rock is in play, Shanderaa may actually die before getting to attack, as Bullet Punch's priority means it hits twice if Shanderaa switches in.

Obviously it can switch in on Superpower and proceed to rape, but if Stealth Rock is in play it's taking quite a risk switching in.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
This set probably would have been broken:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Technician
248 HP 252 AT 8 SPE
~Swords Dance
~Bullet Punch
~Mach Punch
~Quick Attack

Hence, no mach punch lol
Even if he did get mach punch, the set still wouldn't have been completely broken. Heatran would have a harder time countering it, but shanderaa, gyarados, and the rotom-H (and the other forms if he doesn't have night slash) can still handle him just fine.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Scizor didn't change at all in Gen V, sure mach punch would have been a great addition on the Swords Dance set but it's still a top tier Pokemon. Don't forget that the Lati twins, Salamence and Garchomp, just to name a few, are likely going to stay in OU this generation, so Scizor's CB bullet punch\u-turn (and pursuit in the case of Lati@s) will still be extremely useful in this metagame.

Shanderaa is obviously a solid counter to Scizor if Shadow Tag is still legal, but it's not all that great at switching in. Obviously Pursuit kills it and U-Turn gets Scizor out of trouble...but a CB Adamant Scizor with Technician does 34-40% with Bullet Punch, assuming Shanderaa has no EVs invested in its defense. That means if Stealth Rock is in play, Shanderaa may actually die before getting to attack, as Bullet Punch's priority means it hits twice if Shanderaa switches in.

Obviously it can switch in on Superpower and proceed to rape, but if Stealth Rock is in play it's taking quite a risk switching in.
Pursuit wouldn't hurt Shandera switching in either; it would hit the outgoing poke, letting Shandera in for free, bar any hazard damage. Then Scizor would be screwed, assuming it's choiced, and Shandera is running STag.

Basically the only way CB Scizor survives Shandera is by U-Turning on the switch, or maybe a 2HKO with Bullet Punch if Shandera's not running a defensive spread

Basically the only way CB Scizor survives Shandera is by U-Turning on the switch, or maybe a 2HKO with Bullet Punch if Shandera's not running a defensive spread
Scizor had to be weary of magnezone in gen 4 and did just fine. shandera has too much to risk to switch into scizor, the same way as magnezone did. either you get OHKO'd, or give a free Uturn while you eat the damage to the face.

So basicly Scizor is still staying pretty much the same as before...I am still seeing Scizor at the top of the Leaderboard...Maybe not the king but still he will probably find a place in the top 5 specially because Salamence and Latias will probably be lurking in OU quite soon...Its also a decent check to newer stuff like Terakion,Axedace(Somewhat) and stuff.Cant really think of much else to say >_>.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Man Scizor is getting severely underestimated in this thread. If Shanderra bothers you so much, pair Scizor with TTar.

He's still amazing in this gen, seeing as how the top tier threats take heavy damage from Bullet Punch. Doryuuzu takes around 40% from BP (It's resisted), Onoko takes heavy damage from BP and is OHKOed with hazards. Mence and Latias still hate Scizor, and are rightfully checked (Scizor doesn't counter Mence) by BP and Pursuit respectively.

The only competition that Scizor has in this gen is Genosect... for the coolest bug/steel pokemon. :D

Pursuit wouldn't hurt Shandera switching in either; it would hit the outgoing poke, letting Shandera in for free, bar any hazard damage. Then Scizor would be screwed, assuming it's choiced, and Shandera is running STag.

DERP. My bad.

Still, it's risky business for Shanderaa if Stealth Rocks are in play. Its best bet to switch in would be if you have a Pokemon that would be likely to draw either a Superpower or Pursuit, because it can't afford to be facing a counter brought in by U-turn if it just took hazard damage.

shandera is NOT much of an issue for Scizor. Consider these possibilities:

1. Shandera switches in, and eats a U-Turn, and scizor escapes, leaving shandera exposed.
2. Shandera switches in, and eats 2 Bullet punches + entry hazards before an attack. A probable KO.
3. Shandera switches in, and eats a Night Slash. OHKO.
4. Shandera switches in while Scizor pursuits. Shadera must attack now or else gets OHKO'd. so, you lose scizor, but shandera is open to revenge kill and whatever was pursuited takes your damage. Advantage-Scizor user.
5. Shandera switches into a Superpower. Scizor gets OHKO'd and shandera can get a free set up. However, as strategic players know, Superpower should not just be tossed around (even more so now people know that shandera is running around). Plus, shandera is risking itself for that predicted Superpower. Suppose scizor uses something else.....

Even if he did get mach punch, the set still wouldn't have been completely broken. Heatran would have a harder time countering it, but shanderaa, gyarados, and the rotom-H (and the other forms if he doesn't have night slash) can still handle him just fine.
all the rotom forms don't have ghost typing now, except for the original one(without all the H W beside their names). They now have a secondary typing similar to their 2nd signature move, eg.hydro pump/overheat

as i said before, scizor is not threatened by the ghosts of this generation. so, even thought Ttar is a good partner for scizor, it is far from necessary.

shandera is NOT much of an issue for Scizor. Consider these possibilities:

1. Shandera switches in, and eats a U-Turn, and scizor escapes, leaving shandera exposed.
2. Shandera switches in, and eats 2 Bullet punches + entry hazards before an attack. A probable KO.
3. Shandera switches in, and eats a Night Slash. OHKO.
4. Shandera switches in while Scizor pursuits. Shadera must attack now or else gets OHKO'd. so, you lose scizor, but shandera is open to revenge kill and whatever was pursuited takes your damage. Advantage-Scizor user.
5. Shandera switches into a Superpower. Scizor gets OHKO'd and shandera can get a free set up. However, as strategic players no, Superpower should not just be tossed around (even more so now people no that shandera is running around). Plus, shandera is risking itself for that predicted Superpower. Suppose scizor uses something else.....
Shandera can still revenge Scizor without worrying much. But Scizor is still a very potent threat and we shouldn't worry about Dream World abilities yet.

Shandera can still revenge Scizor without worrying much. But Scizor is still a very potent threat and we shouldn't worry about Dream World abilities yet.
Dont just dismiss what i said. Shandera cannot easily revenge scizor. U-Turn lets scizor escape, and Bulet punch might kill a weakened shandera. So there is worry.

Regardless, on your logic, yes shandera CAN revenge scizor SOMETIMES along with a MYRIAD of other things considering they CANT switch out.

I feel like Magnezone will drop out of OU this gen due to Shanderaa's overall superior trapping abilities.

As for Scizor hes still able to check a massive amount of threats while not actually fearing Shanderaa all that much. I wonder if he'll stay at the top of the charts again, or drift back down to his original D/P low OU usage levels.

Huh...I was hoping for slightly larger changes to Scizor but oh well...I think it'll still be used a lot in OU.

Shouldn't worry too much about Shadow Tag Shandera, it currently doesn't exist and has no expected release date from the Dream World, if I remember correctly.

Supposedly, there's a chance that some Dream World Pokemon might never be released.

I feel like Magnezone will drop out of OU this gen due to Shanderaa's overall superior trapping abilities.

As for Scizor hes still able to check a massive amount of threats while not actually fearing Shanderaa all that much. I wonder if he'll stay at the top of the charts again, or drift back down to his original D/P low OU usage levels.
Not with one of every 2 teams running Burunkeru and Nattorei as the new SkarmBliss it won't. Magnezone traps Nattorei and murders Burunkeru.

A Nattorei without Shed Shell and a Burunkeru thats too retarded to switch? Impossible.
Either way it gives Magnezone a niche by stopping their stalls and preventing the use of better items on Nattorei. The point is not "does it work", it's "is it reason enough to put Magnezone on a team?" Yeah. It pretty much is, especially at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)