Sylveria AKA Generation Seven

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Good stuff happened with me asleep. But I'll just answer everything individually.
#1: It was a huge mistake on my part to call Acid type a "type". I called it that to ease confusion, but it riled it up anyways. It will just be a Poison type that is super effective against Steel, but for all purposes it should be considered a type.
#2: Magic type is currently my main priority. I think Sylveria is about 40% done, and the last 20% will be coding, balancing, tiering, etc. so I want to get something as major as Magic type finished ASAP. However, I don't want it to seem rushed at all in the long run.
#3: I'm male.
#4: I've ranked Haxorus as S+ in the current balancing table, and S+ is reserved for things that can be considered "Broken".
#5: I reconsidered Luxray getting Earthquake and Flygon getting Bug Buzz. I'll add it immediately.
#6: I'm still confused about corrosion. Do you mean for it to be like stealth rock, but turn-by-turn damage? Because that makes sense.

BAPAPAPAPPAAA
#1: Okay good :V
#2: I'd be more than happy to code most of it for you if you want :>
#3: I think your current avatar makes you come off as a girl, but w/e Also change it it's l-l-lewd lol
#4: Where's the table :V
#5: k
#6: In a pet mod that's still in its alpha stages that I am designing, I had corrosion being a volatile status, which gets removed on switch-out. If this is isn't what you want to do, oh well :P

potato

#1: Okay good :V
#2: I'd be more than happy to code most of it for you if you want :>
#3: I think your current avatar makes you come off as a girl, but w/e
Also change it it's l-l-lewd lol
#4: Where's the table :V
#5: k
#6: In a pet mod that's still in its alpha stages that I am designing, I had corrosion being a volatile status, which gets removed on switch-out. If this is isn't what you want to do, oh well :P

potato
CODINGOMGTHANKYOUILOVEYOUTOBITS
Your face is lewd, lel
I meant balancing council conversation thing
I don't think it should be a status, I think it should be more of a hazard

spoons

yes it would be like stealth rock except turn by turn damage. my original intention ith the suggestion would be to make corrosion a status that you had to get rid of with lum berry or similar, but making it a status that you can get rid of on switch out would be more balanced. also would levitators be immune to all hazards as well? then I want to ask you if you've read the things I've edited, particularly the one about quick attack.

Quick Question:
Who gets Defeatist now that the Archen line has a different ability?
It's unused, currently.
yes it would be like stealth rock except turn by turn damage. my original intention ith the suggestion would be to make corrosion a status that you had to get rid of with lum berry or similar, but making it a status that you can get rid of on switch out would be more balanced. also would levitators be immune to all hazards as well? then I want to ask you if you've read the things I've edited, particularly the one about quick attack.
Alright, thats cool. And they are indeed immune to hazards. I'll change the type changes spoiler into a mechanic changes section.
Edit: not everyone knows about CAP put the effects of persistent in the OP. make quick attack a tutor move like all the other priority moves; you could also do the same with fake out if you want. on a similar note I'd suggest buffing feint's base power to 40 or its original value of 50. also BOOMburst shouldn't affect pokemon with bulletproof.
BOOMburst is a sound move, lol. I'll add Quick Attack & co. and add a Persistent description. Feint will be 40 BP, so that it's still weak but usuable.
maybe you could make infiltrator give immunity to hazards, that ability just doesn't have enough usage
I can make it so that it goes through Protect? Hazard immunity doesnt make sense for Infiltrator.

So Acid's more of a subtype than a whole new type. That's actually an interesting idea. I wonder what else we can do with things like that (inb4 Bone subtype that hits floaters).

Not liking being able to go through Protect. Chandelure's Fire Blast hurts, and having it be unblockable outside of Detect (lol, although there might be a legitimite use for it if this gets added if you buff its PP) and moves that grant semi-invulnerability (also lol except for Phantom Force and Fly Lando/Thundy)

I personally have tinkered with the idea of new types and of the 7-9 (I'm thinking of removing 2 of them) I have, Acid and Magic are amongst them and the whole point is to truly balance the tree.

The types are Magic, Light, Wood, Acid, Space(or Gravity), Wind, Time, Sound and... uh... F-fish... yea, um... the last one could probably go.

Between them I set a few ground rules.

• No type can exceed being resisted by more than 7 types unless they hit a lot of things super effectively. Thus nothing can gain bug or Grass resistance... and nothing does, the reverse however lets grass resist wood, Acid, Magic and Time and be immune to Light.
  • Ice must partake of many new resistances. It does, resisting every new type besides space and acid. The first it's immune to, and it's weak to Acid.
  • Electric needs new weaknesses, so I gave it 3: Wood, Magic and Time.
  • When it comes down to it, try to avoid terrible situations where overabundance of 4X SE/NVE hits are possible. Before fairy existed, Wood and Magic both shared a poison/steel weakness... so I removed Wood's steel weakness. Poison still gets plenty of love. Space was weak to light as well until Fairy came about. A Dragon/Space type would've been 4x weak to dragon, Light AND fairy, so I cut the light type away from it.
  • No type has more than 6 SE hits.
  • No type with more than 5 weaknesses, which saves Rock and Grass even further, making this a great gen for grass.

I could ramble on about my endless one man project, but those're just some of my thoughts.

I'll just post my magic type, at least in my vision.

Attacking
2x:
Electric, Poison, Ghost, Dragon
.5x: Normal, Grass, Ice, Dark, Flying, Fairy

Defending
2x
: Normal, Grass, Poison, Psychic, Steel
.5x: Fire, Water, Electric, Ice, Ground, Ghost
0x: Rock

The idea is that it resists the elements, the way wizardry does, but nature, the sword, and the nonbeliever don't want any of that.

For fun, here's my view on Acid.

Attacking
2x:
Water, Steel, Ice
.5x: Grass, Ground, Flying, Rock, Dragon
0x: Poison

Defending
2x
: Electric, Flying, Poison, Dragon
.5x: Water, Ice, Ghost, Fairy
0x: Steel

I omitted the other 7 from this, which shamefully harms the whole picture, which is why a boost to flying like this feels odd. (This is before birds took over OU.)

Anyways, I didn't mean to spam this up. It's your project, and I meant nothing but to post my thoughts.

I personally have tinkered with the idea of new types and of the 7-9 (I'm thinking of removing 2 of them) I have, Acid and Magic are amongst them and the whole point is to truly balance the tree.

The types are Magic, Light, Wood, Acid, Space(or Gravity), Wind, Time, Sound and... uh... F-fish... yea, um... the last one could probably go.

Between them I set a few ground rules.

• No type can exceed being resisted by more than 7 types unless they hit a lot of things super effectively. Thus nothing can gain bug or Grass resistance... and nothing does, the reverse however lets grass resist wood, Acid, Magic and Time and be immune to Light.
  • Ice must partake of many new resistances. It does, resisting every new type besides space and acid. The first it's immune to, and it's weak to Acid.
  • Electric needs new weaknesses, so I gave it 3: Wood, Magic and Time.
  • When it comes down to it, try to avoid terrible situations where overabundance of 4X SE/NVE hits are possible. Before fairy existed, Wood and Magic both shared a poison/steel weakness... so I removed Wood's steel weakness. Poison still gets plenty of love. Space was weak to light as well until Fairy came about. A Dragon/Space type would've been 4x weak to dragon, Light AND fairy, so I cut the light type away from it.
  • No type has more than 6 SE hits.
  • No type with more than 5 weaknesses, which saves Rock and Grass even further, making this a great gen for grass.

I could ramble on about my endless one man project, but those're just some of my thoughts.

I'll just post my magic type, at least in my vision.

Attacking
2x:

Defending
2x

The idea is that it resists the elements, the way wizardry does, but nature, the sword, and the nonbeliever don't want any of that.

For fun, here's my view on Acid.

Attacking
2x:
Water, Steel, Ice
.5x: Grass, Ground, Flying, Rock, Dragon
0x: Poison

Defending
2x
: Electric, Flying, Poison, Dragon
.5x: Water, Ice, Ghost, Fairy
0x: Steel

I omitted the other 7 from this, which shamefully harms the whole picture, which is why a boost to flying like this feels odd. (This is before birds took over OU.)

Anyways, I didn't mean to spam this up. It's your project, and I meant nothing but to post my thoughts.
For Magic type the type thing looks pretty good although acid isn't an actual type in this it's like freeze dry

Tutors - Well, first off, Vespiquen, Mewtwo, and Klinklang are gonna miss having signature moves. That seems to contradict Game Freak's flavor. They don't just make one-off moves available for a lot of things all at once. (They will make it available to a small group first, and then make it widely available later, though.) So, if you're going for a true "Gen 7", then I'd change some of this. But if you just want to make a fun meta, it's fine. I like how three entry hazards are Tutors. (Though, it does make me wonder, why no Sticky Web?

New Pokémon I shall discuss individually.

First of all, before I do that, the numbering here is a bit off. You just start at #722 and go to #730, leaving no room for any pre-evos. And you should want to start with Grass/Fire/Water to be the Gen 7 starters. But if you're not going for flavor purity, that's fine.

Anywho, each of your nine new Pokémon.

Kinzura - Well, all Persistent is good for out of its movepool is just Trick Room and Safeguard. So it'll probably run Prankster with Nasty Plot or Swords Dance or Amnesia or Iron Defense or Rock Polish or something. Yeah, it gets ALL of that. Ultimate setup Pokémon. Also worth noting is how huge its Level Up Movepool is. 29 moves. That basically equates to about one move every three levels until it hits Level 100! Separate it out a bit so that some are Egg Moves and some are Tutor moves. Steel/Ground does leave it with a few weaknesses, but it can just raise its already-high Defenses to hopefully take a hit, and then just pwn with whatever it has left. Pretty versatile.

Mineroryu - Not much to go on. Just stats, abilities and types. And this looks kinda… average. Not horrendously overpowered, but not so weak that I wouldn't want to use it either.

Sentozoku - Mew's massive movepool plus better stats, typing, and Magic Bounce? Yeah, glad to see that you kicked this up to Ubers.

Sandarasu, Nikkarasu, Sunaarasu, Yukarasu - Not knowing movepools, the only thing that makes these guys notable is their abilities: the perma-weather abilities. While three of the four are okay, the sand one, Sunaarasu, isn't. Because Tyranitar outclasses it in every way possible. The only advantage that Sunaarasu has is an additional five base Speed (which could actually hurt it, if two weather summoners are summoned at the same time), and not having a 4x weakness to Fighting (which Tyranitar shouldn't care too much about, with an Assault Vest or Chople Berry. Obviously rain is the best weather, though, do to Swift Swim.

Tetsei - Steel/Fairy with Levitate is good. Still leaves it open to be hit by Fire-type moves, and with sun teams being a thing, sure.

Ninkiryo - Seems fairly average.

Old Pokémon:

Pidgeot - Eh, not like it has the Special Attack to use Boomburst.
Ninetales - This works.
Meowth - Fairy-type? Really? I'd submit it as a Dark-type candidate before Fairy, but okay. Movepool additions are fit for a Fairy.
Persian - With the Attack buff, Pixilate is likely to get more use than Mastery, since its only physical-based Fairy-type move is Play Rough.
Rapidash - Eh, didn't really need it.
Magneton - Um… it can learn Tri Attack already. And it has done so since Crystal.
Gengar - Okay, get that Mega back into Ubers. Even without Perish Song, having 140 base Special Attack and 130 base Speed is ridiculous. It'll sweep way too easily.
Hitmonlee - Looks good.
Chansey - Fairy-type? Welcome back to OU, Chansey.
Kangaskhan - A stat decrease on its Mega. Hmm… I'd argue that it's still Uber, as Balanced Hackmons proved that ANYTHING with Parental Bond would be OP. But this one I'm at least willing to try before I dismiss it.
Gyarados - Makes sense.
Porygon - Okay. A bit strong, but nothing so overpowered that I'm concerned.
Mew - Fairy-type… RIP Mew's ability to effectively use Psystrike.
Meganium - Good enough.
Hoothoot and Noctowl - Ghost/Flying should prove interesting.
Ledyba and Ledian - I actually like this.
Azumarill - Yet again, this works.
Unown - LOL Protean. Actually, Protean with the stat boost makes it not too shabby. Choice Specs would make it have more Special Attack than a Deoxys-A with no downside (it don't care about Choice Lock). Of course, its movepool is so shallow that it really wouldn't be worth using. Especially since Protean would alert the opponent what type Hidden Power is, and they would switch to counter it.
Girafarig - All right.
Shuckle - NO. Not Heal Order. Shuckle is annoying enough to fight as it is right now. We don't need to give it reliable recovery.
Porygon2 - All right.
Blissey - Still outclassed by Chansey.
Tyranitar - Welcome back, permaweather.
Grovyle and Sceptile - Grass/Dragons ftw!
Blaziken - Please go away. Go back to Ubers. I seriously don't get this. You nerfed the Mega, but not the original, when the original was the one that was banned. Just let it use Swords Dance+Speed Boost and Baton Pass its stat boosts when it's about to die. Hell, you've actually made it more broken by giving it Fire Kick for decent STAB. Mega Blaziken's nerf didn't even do anything, as regular Blaziken is superior to Mega Blaziken, due to the ability to use a Life Orb.
Mightyena - Good enough of a buff.
Shiftry - Yeah, this looks good.
Sableye - 75 Speed Prankster? Yes please.
Torkoal - Outclassed by Heatran. Fire/Steel with Flash Fire is much better than Fire/Steel with Heatproof.
Vibrava and Flygon - Seems cool.
Milotic - Give it some Dragon-type moves to take advantage of its new STAB.
Glalie - Oh god yes.
Walrein - Good hail team support.
Salamence - Hurricane would be good with permanent rain.
Latias - Dragon/Fairy would have seven resistances, four weaknesses, and an immunity. Not too shabby.
Jirachi - As expected.
Infernape - Kinda odd to give Kick moves to something that fights with its fists.
Staraptor and Staravia - Fair enough.
Luxray - YES. Electric/Dark was just what it needed. And Strong Jaw isn't a bad ability for it either. Better than Rivalry anyways.
Mismagius - Yay for having a Ghost that isn't weak to Dark.
Toxicroak - Don't really understand your reasoning for this.
Weavile - Oh god Refrigerate Weavile. That'll be annoying.
Gallade - Looks good. I don't think that the type change was necessary, but it wasn't unwelcome either.
Rotom-N - Despite getting its stats changed to match its other forms, it is still outclassed by Mismagius, Gengar, Jellicent, Cofagrigus, and Prankster Sableye in my opinion, and it doesn't get any signature moves like its other forms do.
Regigigas - Well, now it's easier to stall out for Slow Start to wear off, but still probably not worth using.
Cresselia and Manaphy and Shaymin-Land - Yay for Fairies.
Victini - Though I am starting to worry if Dragons might be unusable here due to how many Fairy-types there are.
Watchog - Looks good.
Purrloin - Okay.
Unfezant - Yeah, I'm good with this.
Blitzle and Zebstrika - Wait. They get BOLT STRIKE now? Well, I guess it'll stop rain teams anyways.
Sawk - Okay.
Darmanitan - V-Create. It gets fucking V-Create. Wow.
Archen and Archeops - Welcome to OU, or possibly Ubers. Sheer Force is a great ability given Archeops's base stats.
Gothitelle - Woot more fairies. (I fully expect Steel/Poison to run rampant here, given how many there are.)
Haxorus - STAB Priority on Dragon-type ain't gonna do much when there's so many Fairy-types.
Mienfoo - Okay.
Bisharp - I don't really see why you buffed this, but it's not unmanageable either.
Rufflet and Braviary - Outclassed by Staraptor, who has 100 base Speed.
Meloetta and Meloetta-P - Works for me.
Chespin - All right.
Fennekin - Sure.
Greninja - Why not?
Diggersby - Huge Power Fire Kick. Okay.
Florges - Yeah, that's good.
Gogoat - Eh, I think it would rather have Sap Sipper.
Furfrou - Oh god. So we're giving Fur Coat Cotton Guard Furfrou access to Slack Off now? I guess the Sniper+Focus Energy+Scope Lens strategy is worth something now.
Honedge, Doublade, and Aegislash - Losing Stance Change really hurt Aegislash, but I'll be damned if those new base stats don't make up for it and then some. BST 630 is good, outdone only by Kyurem, Mega Evolutions, and Ubers. To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing Aegislash himself be kicked up to Ubers.
Goodra - I like it!
Xerneas - Surprised that you made this one Fairy/Grass, but not Florges. Huh, weird. Looks good though.
Yveltal - SPACIAL REND? It gets freaking Spacial Rend? Well, no need to run any other Dragon-type moves then. It doesn't even need Draco Meteor anymore.

Moves:

Ice Spike - Kinda confused about this. Grass-types don't take additional damage? Ground-types don't take additional damage unless they're also part Dragon? It seems very odd. Just make it an Ice-type version of Stealth Rock, honestly, where it deals damage based on your weakness to Ice. After all, the only type that is weak to both Rock and Ice (and would thus stand to lose the most from entry hazards) is Flying, which you've rendered immune to all entry hazards anyways, so it balances out quite nicely. A bit disappointing that Glalie is the only Pokémon that gets it though.

Frost Blast - See my post on the first page.

Soul Steal - Okay. Nothing can learn it right now though, aside from Smeargle.

Fire Kick, Ice Kick, and Thunder Kick - Ice Kick's 30% freeze chance seems a bit much. I think it would go against flavor to make them different chances though (like having Ice Kick be 10% and the others be 30%), so I'd either lower the chances for all of them, or I would replace Ice Kick with Poison Kick or something (which would inflict poisoning).

Changes to Old Moves:

Air Slash - Okay.
Blue Flare and Bolt Strike - Oh yay, Zebstrika is even more overpowered.
Double Kick - Okay.
Dragon Claw - Okay.
Dragon Rush - Interesting change.
Drain Punch - Okay.
Giga Drain - Okay.
Horn Leech - Okay.
Ice Beam, Flamethrower, and Thunderbolt - Okay.
Night Slash - Should probably go over what you mean by "variations". I'm guessing it's the other "70 power, high crit rate" moves: Slash, Cross Poison, Psycho Cut, and Shadow Claw. But a list would be helpful.
Parabolic Charge - Could potentially see some use on Heliolisk, who is likely going to be popular in a permaweather setting (Dry Skin/Sand Veil/Solar Power). But I think Thunderbolt would outclass it (or Thunder, on a rain team).
Play Rough - Okay.
Sucker Punch - Woah. Now the only thing it can't counter is Fake Out.
Volt Tackle - I assume that it still retains its Electric typing. And now it just lowers Attack and Defense instead of doing recoil? Is that it? And does it still keep its 10% paralysis chance or not? More details please. Regardless, it's pretty bad. Raichu and Light Ball Pikachu shouldn't be using anything physical-based when they have access to Nasty Plot. I suppose Pichu could use it in LC though.
Wild Charge - Okay.

New Abilities:

Mastery - This is a bit too good. Talonflame already has effectively the same thing, and this alone has made it OU. Right now, it's on Fairy-type Persian, Fighting-type Sawk, and Dragon-type Haxorus. At least nothing that gets priority on two types.

Persistent - Counting this as a new ability because it was only on CAPs before. It's a bit of a wasted potential, honestly. Kinzura is the only thing that gets it, and its only noteworthy use on that is Trick Room, of which Kinzura's Speed is too high to make use of it. Besides, Kinzura would rather have Prankster. Also, in CAP, it doesn't increase the length of all moves, just a few. Specifically: Gravity, Trick Room, Heal Block, Safeguard, and Tailwind. Also, it's only a two-turn increase, not a three-turn increase.

Changed Abilities:

Scrappy - Ingenious idea.
Defeatist - No point in changing it, because nothing gets Defeatist anymore.
Drizzle, Drought, Sand Stream, and Snow Warning - Permaweather. You're gonna get such a broken base off of this. Especially so if Swift Swim+Drizzle is legal or if Excadrill remains unbanned. (Bonus Points: Excadrill's Steel-typing makes it good against the ever-so-common Fairies.) At least you banned Sand Veil and Snow Cloak though.
Leaf Guard - I'm assuming that this only works in sunlight, right? More clarification please. I'm guessing it's just using its Gen 4 mechanics here.

Type Chart Changes:

Flying - I wonder if the immunity to entry hazards should be extended to Levitate/Air Balloon Pokémon as well? Or those that are Baton Passed a Magnet Rise/Telekinesis. And yes, I like the idea of Flying-types having to take damage as soon as they get affected by Gravity/Smack Down/Ingrain. Not sure how to feel about Roost though. First off, which comes first, the healing or the entry hazard damage? Secondly, am I gonna have to take the entry hazard damage every single time that I use Roost? That'd honestly make Roost so bad that it wouldn't even be worth using. I'd reconsider Roost. The other thing is that there's a lot of similar issues with other mechanics. Go to Bulbapedia, search for "Grounded", look at the "Talk" page and see my messages there for how much you'd need to account for with this.

Magic - Not really that relevant when nothing is of that type yet. And we don't know the type matchups.

Acid - Same as Magic.

Persistent - Counting this as a new ability because it was only on CAPs before. It's a bit of a wasted potential, honestly. Kinzura is the only thing that gets it, and its only noteworthy use on that is Trick Room, of which Kinzura's Speed is too high to make use of it. Besides, Kinzura would rather have Prankster. Also, in CAP, it doesn't increase the length of all moves, just a few. Specifically: Gravity, Trick Room, Heal Block, Safeguard, and Tailwind. Also, it's only a two-turn increase, not a three-turn increase.
Just gotta say, Persistant Kinzura actually looks like a fantastic Trick Room setter. Its higher speed lets it get a "slow" U-Turn/Baton Pass while TR is in effect, meaning it can tank an extra hit before switching out, letting your sweeper come in for free. And the extra TR turns it provides might even allow a sweeper to set up a Curse/Calm Mind/etc.

Holy crap, I didn't even realize that Kinzura had Baton Pass. That makes it sooooo much better now. And it was already pretty overpowered to begin with.

I'll reply to mkst of your message Golden soon. I dont have access ti a computer right now so ill do it then.

Here's my suggestions for Magic-type being added to the type chart:
Super Effective Against:
  • Normal-type
Normal-type may seem like an odd choice for Magic-type to be super effective against, however, it makes sense flavor-wise as Magic is seen as nonsense to most ordinary people. Ordinary is a synonym for Normal, which makes sense, and Magic is disproving the ordinary, as it is now a real thing! Normal-types can still refuse to believe it, but ordinary is still hit super effectively by this Magic.
  • Psychic-type
Psychic-types are weak to Magic-types because Psychic-types are tied in with Magic, creating a dragon-dragon relationship. Honestly, this is just a thing that made sense, why does Fairy do super effective damage to Fighting? Anyways, Psychic-types, sadly, do get another nerf, but don't worry, it'll be fine.
  • Fairy-type
Fairy-types are honestly really really powerful, with only two uncommon weaknesses in Poison- and Steel-type. This balances the type out and makes Magic-type a type worth considering offensively.

Weak to:
  • Bug-type
Bug-type honestly just needs a buff, that's what this is. So, yeah, nothing more honestly.
  • Dark-type
Dark-types squash mythological / magic beings, and they have trouble with each other. Dark-type really doesn't need a buff, but it sounded cool flavor-wise and Dark-types are cool so ya know! Dark-types will really enjoy this buff and Magic-type will be more balanced!
  • Psychic-type
Psychic-types make a dragon-dragon relationship with Magic-type, receiving a large buff in now having good coverage. Overall, I just think it would be a cool relationship!

Resistant to:
  • Ghost-type
Ghost-type just needs a nerf in my opinion, it's really fucking good. So, yeah, Magic!
  • Steel-type
Steel-types are cool, but Magic prevails. End of story.
  • Water-type
Buff all the things!! Water-types are actually really amazing right now, so yeah!!

Neutral to:

• Everything else!
These are just my thoughts, your thoughts? Also, I made this:
magic.png

It's not the best, but it's a start. :]! Huge fan of this program, will input other thoughts later! If you need any help from me, let me know!

Magic-Type Retypes:
  • Clefable: Fairy ----> Fairy / Magic
  • Ninetales: Fire ----> Fire / Magic
  • Alakazam: Psychic ----> Psychic / Magic
  • Hypno: Psychic ----> Magic
  • Mew: Psychic ----> Magic
  • Natu: Psychic / Flying ----> Magic / Flying
  • Xatu: Psychic / Flying ----> Magic / Flying
  • Misdreavus: Ghost ----> Ghost / Magic
  • Girafarig: Normal / Psychic ----> Magic / Psychic
  • Mantine: Water / Flying ----> Water / Magic
  • Celebi: Psychic / Grass ----> Magic / Grass
  • Claydol: Ground / Psychic ----> Ground / Magic
  • Absol: Dark ----> Dark / Magic
  • Latias: Dragon / Psychic ----> Dragon / Magic
  • Mismagius: Ghost ----> Ghost / Magic
  • Uxie: Psychic ----> Magic
  • Mesprit: Psychic ----> Magic
  • Azelf: Psychic ----> Magic
  • Shaymin: Grass ----> Grass / Magic
  • Munna: Psychic ----> Psychic / Magic
  • Musharna: Psychic ----> Psychic / Magic
  • Zorua: Dark ----> Dark / Magic
  • Zoroark: Dark ----> Dark / Magic
  • Meloetta: Normal / Psychic ----> Normal / Magic
  • Delphox: Fire / Psychic ----> Fire / Magic
  • Aromatisse: Fairy ----> Fairy / Magic
  • Hoopa: Psychic / Ghost ----> Magic / Ghost
This brings a grand total of 28 Magic-type Pokemon! Making it the rarest type of all of the types! These are just basic thoughts, any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Magic-type Moves:
Physical:
Launch - 5 PP - The user hurls the opponent into the air, making them invulnerable for one turn, then, on the following turn, the user slams the opponent to the ground - 60 Base Power (Magic Sky Drop) - 90% Accuracy

Heart-to-Heart - 36 PP - The user of this move uses Magic to connect its heart to its opponent and suck the life force from them - 75 Base Power (Magic Giga Drain) - 95% Accuracy

Sorcer - 5 PP - The user conjures all of its power and strikes the foe, causes recoil - 120 Base Power - 100% Accuracy

Necro - 24 PP - The user rushes at the opponent while casting a spell - 90 Base Power - 85% Accuracy
will work on special / status + more physical later

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Magic Type Move Suggestions (WIP)
This are just some suggestions for some magic type attacks, you may do whatever you want with them

Arcane Blast
Magic Type
Special
24 PP
95 BP
100 Acc

Description:
The target is blasted with a powerful surge of magic. This may also leave the target confused.

Effect:
Arcane Blast does damage and has a 10% chance of confusing the target.

Arcane Strike
Magic
Physical
24 PP
70 BP
100 Acc

Description:
The target is slashed by a blade of magical energy. This attack strikes the target's weaker defense.

Effect:
Arcane Strike deals damage using the lower of the target's Defense or Special Defense. Even if this move calculates damage using the target's Special Defense, it uses the user's Attack stat to determine damage dealt.

Life Drain
Magic type
Special
16 PP
80 BP
100 Acc

Description:
The user saps the target's life force. The user's HP is restored by half the damage taken by the target.

Life Drain will inflict damage on the target and ½ of the damage dealt will be restored to the user as HP. If the user has a Big Root as its held item, it will recover 30% more HP than it normally would. When used on a Pokémon with the Liquid Ooze Ability, the user will lose the amount of HP it would have gained instead.

Necromancy
Magic type
Status
16 PP
- BP
- Acc

Description:
The user faints. In return, the Pokémon taking its place will be revived by dark magic.

Effect:
Necromancy causes the user to faint, but will revive the Pokemon sent out to take its place with HP equal to however much HP the user had before executing the move. This move will fail if none of the user's Pokemon are fainted. Necromancy may only be used once per battle.

Retypes: Hex, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Reflect, Teleport, Trick Room, Wonder Room

Last edited:
Perhaps I could explain my logic for This:

Magic

Attacking
2x:

Defending
2x

Super Effect Against:

Electric - Electric is oversurged by raw arcana and mana and may as a result shortcircuit. If anything, Elec needs a new weakness, having only 1 so far. That's... not right.

Poison - Poisons can be purged with magical dispelling magic. Poison can handle 1 more weakness.

Ghost - KINDA needed. If I showed you how favorably Gengar likes my gen, you'd realize how badly he'd need a quad weak. That said, Ghosts laugh at physical blows, but magic can turn the undead.

Dragon - Many evil wizards have dragon in their servitude... I wonder how.

Not Very Effective Against:

Normal - Most normals disbelieve in magic, although it is real. Normal deserves something.

Grass - Grass is nature, and magic is supernatural/unnatural. Nature will always prevail.

Ice - Needed! Ice NEEDS, NEEEEEDS this. Uh, justified by magical energies failing to work when its too cold.

Dark - Magic is corruptible, and the Darkness cares not how many times you cast Magic Missile at it.

Flying - Not sure here why. I remember I had a reason once.

Fairy - Many fae are powered by magical energy. Some directly eat it... but not enough to be immune.

Takes Super Effective From:

Normal - This would be akin to Normal vs. Ghost, but wizards tend to be very physically real.

Grass - Nature trumps magic.

Poison - You ever try to cast spells while poisoned in DnD games? It's kinda hard to channel when you're ticking away damage every round. It's a nightmare.

Psychic - Wizards must concentrate their minds to conjure, abjure, phantasmate, invoke and so on. Too bad the mind numbing hurts so much.

Steel - The blades of knights can vanquish evil wizards.

Takes Half Damage From:

Fire, Water, Electric, Ice, Ground - The elements themselves. Mages can ward them and often conjure them for fireballs and chain lightning spells. These are the bread and butter elements of any Black Mage.

Ghost - The spirits are hesitant to go too close to that which banes them.

Immune to:

Rock - Another Element where Stoneskins prevail. But really I just wanted a type that could come in on Stealth Rocks safely. That said, there is magic type field clearer called Null Field. It doesn't actually attempt to strike the enemy at all. So it's safe.

Moves that would become magic type:

Can't think of too many. Mostly Magic Coat, Reflect and Reflect Type and maybe Hypnosis and... Teleport. I guess also Tri-Attack as it's a meshing of the elements. A tri-elemental fire/ice/lightning strike is not unheard of in RPGs.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Adding on to Chesnaught's list

• Brongzong-line: Steel / Psychic --> Steel / Magic
  • Golduck: Water --> Water / Magic
  • Mega Gengar: Ghost / Poison --> Ghost / Magic
  • Blissey: Normal --> Normal / Magic
  • Persian: Normal --> Normal / Magic
  • Bellossom: Grass --> Grass / Magic
  • Jynx-line: Ice / Psychic --> Ice / Magic
  • Vespiquen: Bug / Flying --> Bug / Magic
  • Lumineon: Water --> Water / Magic

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
I have other plans for Blaze Kick. I plan on making it a very special move, but I won't tell them.

I am making it so Fire & Ice types are immune to freeze, as well as boosting the chance to unthaw up to 33%.

Pre-Acid type change.

I thought I did. My bad.

Instead of mimicking simsims2800 & Brokemons, I'm converting acid moves to Acid type, as well as a new entry hazard in the form of "Acid Pit".

Personally, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the overpowered-ness of Haxorus. Does anyone want to be added to the balancing council?

I would, although I don't know what the qualifications are to be on it. Currently, the most broken Pokemon are Haxorus, Kinzura and Blaziken (mainly Haxorus and Kinzura)

Haxorus is basically Talonflame on steroids with a massive 157 Attack and the ability to use priority Outrages which can 2HKO everything that doesn't resist it and after a boost can probably destroy every single non-fairy Pokemon in the tier, including dedicated physical walls:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Haxorus Outrage vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 185-218 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Haxorus Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 298-351 (75.6 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Even Fairies cannot stand up to Haxorus' might because of his access to Earthquake, Poison Jab and Iron Tail as coverage options to hit them. Haxorus' only check seems to be Tetsei.

Kinzura is broken because it is pretty much the best support Pokemon ever. Even though it has weaknesses to 4 common typings, its high bulk and lack of 4x weaknesses allows it to take unstabbed hits with ease. Its access to Prankster and one of the best movepools in game which includes Disable, Recover, Spikes, Baton Pass, Encore, Rapid Spin, Knock Off, Switcheroo, Stealth Rock, Taunt, Light Screen, Reflect and a ton of boosting moves make it the ultimate support Pokemon. It can be used to pass stat boosts to team mates, cripple foes with Knock Off, Disable and Encore and can set up Hazards or Dual Screens. Its ability to run many sets successfully and outclassing every single other support Pokemon in the game, makes Kinzura such a huge threat.

Blaziken is a huge threat for the same reason it was in Gen 5/6. It still has Speed Boost, Baton Pass and Swords Dance and amazing dual stabs and now it has two new attacks in Flame Kick and Thunder Kick.

Comments on other Pokemon:

Tetsei: Bulky, awesome typing, best Haxorus check

Ninkiryo: Seems a lot like a bulkier Sableye. Pretty much outclassed by Kinzura

Last edited:
Using my Magic-type chart, I created this to show x / Magic will be SE / Resistant to / etc.
Normal / Magic:
Weak to: Magic-, Fighting-, Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Steel-, Water-types
Immune to: Ghost-types
Offensively resisted by: Rock / Bug, Rock / Ground, Rock / Grass, Steel / Rock, Steel / Bug, Steel / Grass, Ghost / Bug, Ghost / Ground, Ghost / Grass, Ghost / Bug, Ghost / Ground, Ghost / Grass

Fire / Magic:
Weak to: Rock-, Ground-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Ghost-, Steel(x4)-, Fairy-, Fire-, Grass-, Ice-types
Offensively resisted by: Water / Ground, Dragon / Ground, Rock / Ground, Fire / Ground

Fighting / Magic:
Weak to: Fairy-, Flying-, Psychic(4x)-types
Resistant to: Ghost-, Steel-, Water-, Rock-types
Offensively resisted by: Bug, Bug / Ground, Bug / Grass, Fairy / Bug, Fairy / Ground, Fairy / Grass, Flying / Bug, Flying / Ground, Flying / Grass, Poison / Bug, Poison / Ground, Poison / Grass, Ghost / Bug, Ghost / Ground, Ghost / Grass

Water / Magic:
Weak to: Electric-, Grass-, Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Fire-, Ice-, Steel(4x)-, Water(4x)-, Ghost-types
Offensively resisted by: Dragon / Bug, Dragon / Grass, Grass, Grass / Bug, Water / Grass, Water / Bug

Flying / Magic:
Weak to: Electric-, Ice-, Rock-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Fighting-, Grass-, Ghost-, Steel-, Water-types
Immune to: Ground-types
Offensively resisted by: Electric / Ground, Rock / Ground, Steel / Ground

Grass / Magic:
Weak to: Bug(4x)-, Fire-, Flying-, Ice-, Poison, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Electric-, Grass-, Ground-, Water(4x)-, Ghost-, Steel-types
Offensively resisted by: Bug, Bug / Grass, Dragon / Bug, Dragon / Grass, Fire, Fire / Bug, Fire / Grass, Flying / Bug, Flying / Grass, Grass, Poison / Grass, Poison / Bug, Steel / Grass, Steel / Bug

Poison / Magic:
Weak to: Psychic(4x), Ground-, Dark-types
Resistant to: Fairy-, Fighting-, Grass-, Poison, Ghost-, Steel-, Water-types

Electric / Magic:
Weak to: Ground-, Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Electric-, Flying-, Steel(4x)-, Ghost-, Water-types

Ground / Magic:
Weak to: Ice-, Grass-, Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Poison-, Magic-, Rock-, Ghost-, Steel-types
Immune to: Electric-types

Psychic / Magic:
Weak to: Bug(4x)-, Dark(4x)-types
Resistant to: Steel-, Water-, Fighting-types

Rock / Magic:
Weak to: Fighting-, Grass-, Ground-, Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Fire-, Flying-, Normal-, Poison-, Ghost-types

Ice / Magic:
Weak to: Fighting-, Fire-, Rock-, Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Ice-, Ghost-, Magic-, Water-types

Bug / Magic:
Weak to: Fire-, Flying-, Rock-, Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Ghost-, Steel-, Water-, Fighting-, Magic-, Grass-, Ground-types

Dragon / Magic:
Weak to: Dragon-, Fairy-, Ice-, Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Ghost-, Steel-, Water(4x)-, Electric-, Grass-, Fire-types

Ghost / Magic:
Weak to: Dark(4x)-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Steel-, Water-, Poison-types
Immune to: Normal-, Fighting-types

Dark / Magic:
Weak to: Bug(4x)-, Fairy-, Fighting-types
Resistant to: Ghost(4x), Steel-, Water-types
Immune to: Psychic-types

Steel / Magic:
Weak to: Fighting-, Fire-, Ground-types
Resistant to: Ghost(4x), Steel(4x)-, Water-, Dragon-, Fairy-, Flying-, Grass-, Ice-, Normal-, Psychic-, Rock-types
Immune to: Poison-types

Fairy / Magic:
Weak to: Poison-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Ghost-, Water-, Fighting-types
Immune to: Dragon-types

Magic / Magic:
Weak to: Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Ghost-, Steel-, Water-types

How does this type chart look?

Last edited:
Before I reply to balancing convos, I decided to collect every magic post into one.

long list is long
Big thanks to Chesnaught, Valzy, Dilasc, and The Reptile for the massive contributions to Magic type.
Chesnaught
Launch - 5 PP - The user hurls the opponent into the air, making them invulnerable for one turn, then, on the following turn, the user slams the opponent to the ground - 60 Base Power (Magic Sky Drop) - 90% Accuracy

Should be more powerful. If I'm wasting a turn, it should be worth it.

Heart-to-Heart - 36 PP - The user of this move uses Magic to connect its heart to its opponent and suck the life force from them - 75 Base Power (Magic Giga Drain) - 95% Accuracy

Why 95% Accuracy? Not cool. Also, Giga Drain has 80 BP now. Lots of mistakes from unnoticed changes below.

Sorcer - 5 PP - The user conjures all of its power and strikes the foe, causes recoil - 120 Base Power - 100% Accuracy

superpowercloneplz I think this would fit, but it should be called "Power Within". (dark souls reference)

Necro - 24 PP - The user rushes at the opponent while casting a spell - 90 Base Power - 85% Accuracy

Really? With all the great physical moves, you make one worse that Stone Edge? How is that possible?

Valzy
Arcane Blast
Magic Type
Special
24 PP
90 BP
100 Acc

What I expected. I like the confusion effect.

Arcane Strike
Magic
Physical
24 PP
70 BP
100 Acc

The target is slashed by a blade of magical energy. This attack strikes the target's weaker defense.

Arcane Strike deals damage using the lower of the target's Defense or Special Defense. Even if this move calculates damage using the target's Special Defense, it uses the user's Attack stat to determine damage dealt.

I REALLY like this idea. Can't fine much wrong with it.

Life Drain
Magic type
Special
16 PP
75 BP
100 Acc

previously made, but this is a better copy. aside from the bp.

Necromancy
Magic type
Status
16 PP
- BP
- Acc

The user faints. In return, the Pokémon taking its place will be revived by dark magic.

Necromancy causes the user to faint, but will revive the Pokemon sent out to take its place with HP equal to however much HP the user had before executing the move. This move will fail if none of the user's Pokemon are fainted. Necromancy may only be used once per battle.

LOVE THIS IDEA. I really wanted to make a move like this, but couldn't fit it and I thought it would be OP. But this is wonderful.

Retypes: Hex, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Reflect, Teleport, Trick Room, Wonder Room

not much to say

Dilasc
Attacking
2x: Electric, Poison, Ghost, Dragon

Defending
2x: Normal, Grass, Poison, Psychic, Steel

Reasonable.

Chesnaught
Attacking
2x: Normal, Psychic, Fairy
.5x:

Defending
2x: Bug, Dark, Psychic
.5x: Ghost, Steel, Water

You forgot what resists it.

Chesnaught
Clefable: Fairy ----> Fairy / Magic
Ninetales: Fire ----> Fire / Magic
Alakazam: Psychic ----> Psychic / Magic
Hypno: Psychic ----> Magic
Mew: Psychic ----> Magic
Natu: Psychic / Flying ----> Magic / Flying
Xatu: Psychic / Flying ----> Magic / Flying
Misdreavus: Ghost ----> Ghost / Magic
Girafarig: Normal / Psychic ----> Magic / Psychic
Mantine: Water / Flying ----> Water / Magic
Celebi: Psychic / Grass ----> Magic / Grass
Claydol: Ground / Psychic ----> Ground / Magic
Absol: Dark ----> Dark / Magic
Latias: Dragon / Psychic ----> Dragon / Magic
Mismagius: Ghost ----> Ghost / Magic
Uxie: Psychic ----> Magic
Mesprit: Psychic ----> Magic
Azelf: Psychic ----> Magic
Shaymin: Grass ----> Grass / Magic
Munna: Psychic ----> Psychic / Magic
Musharna: Psychic ----> Psychic / Magic
Zorua: Dark ----> Dark / Magic
Zoroark: Dark ----> Dark / Magic
Meloetta: Normal / Psychic ----> Normal / Magic
Delphox: Fire / Psychic ----> Fire / Magic
Aromatisse: Fairy ----> Fairy / Magic
Hoopa: Psychic / Ghost ----> Magic / Ghost

Brongzong-line: Steel / Psychic --> Steel / Magic
Golduck: Water --> Water / Magic
Mega Gengar: Ghost / Poison --> Ghost / Magic
Blissey: Normal --> Normal / Magic
Persian: Normal --> Normal / Magic
Bellossom: Grass --> Grass / Magic
Jynx-line: Ice / Psychic --> Ice / Magic
Vespiquen: Bug / Flying --> Bug / Magic
Lumineon: Water --> Water / Magic

Everything underlined has already been type changed. Please check if the typing has already been editted before you post something like this, next time.

Chesnaught
Using my Magic-type chart, I created this to show x / Magic will be SE / Resistant to / etc.
Normal / Magic:
Weak to: Magic-, Fighting-, Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Steel-, Water-types
Immune to: Ghost-types

Fire / Magic:
Weak to: Rock-, Ground-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Ghost-, Steel(x4)-, Fairy-, Fire-, Grass-, Ice-types

Fighting / Magic:
Weak to: Fairy-, Flying-, Psychic(4x)-types
Resistant to: Ghost-, Steel-, Water-, Rock-types

Water / Magic:
Weak to: Electric-, Grass-, Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Fire-, Ice-, Steel(4x)-, Water(4x)-, Ghost-types

Flying / Magic:
Weak to: Electric-, Ice-, Rock-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Fighting-, Grass-, Ghost-, Steel-, Water-types
Immune to: Ground-types

Grass / Magic:
Weak to: Bug(4x)-, Fire-, Flying-, Ice-, Poison, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Electric-, Grass-, Ground-, Water(4x)-, Ghost-, Steel-types

Poison / Magic:
Weak to: Psychic(4x), Ground-, Dark-types
Resistant to: Fairy-, Fighting-, Grass-, Poison, Ghost-, Steel-, Water-types

Electric / Magic:
Weak to: Ground-, Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Electric-, Flying-, Steel(4x)-, Ghost-, Water-types

Ground / Magic:
Weak to: Ice-, Grass-, Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Poison-, Rock-, Ghost-, Steel-types
Immune to: Electric-types

Psychic / Magic:
Weak to: Bug(4x)-, Dark(4x)-types
Resistant to: Steel-, Water-, Fighting-types

Rock / Magic:
Weak to: Fighting-, Grass-, Ground-, Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Fire-, Flying-, Normal-, Poison-, Ghost-types

Ice / Magic:
Weak to: Fighting-, Fire-, Rock-, Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Ice-, Ghost-, Water-types

Bug / Magic:
Weak to: Fire-, Flying-, Rock-, Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Ghost-, Steel-, Water-, Fighting-, Grass-, Ground-types

Dragon / Magic:
Weak to: Dragon-, Fairy-, Ice-, Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Ghost-, Steel-, Water(4x)-, Electric-, Grass-, Fire-types

Ghost / Magic:
Weak to: Dark(4x)-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Steel-, Water-, Poison-types
Immune to: Normal-, Fighting-types

Dark / Magic:
Weak to: Bug(4x)-, Fairy-, Fighting-types
Resistant to: Ghost(4x), Steel-, Water-types
Immune to: Psychic-types

Steel / Magic:
Weak to: Fighting-, Fire-, Ground-types
Resistant to: Ghost(4x), Steel(4x)-, Water-, Dragon-, Fairy-, Flying-, Grass-, Ice-, Normal-, Psychic-, Rock-types
Immune to: Poison-types

Fairy / Magic:
Weak to: Poison-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Ghost-, Water-, Fighting-types
Immune to: Dragon-types

Magic / Magic:
Weak to: Bug-, Dark-, Psychic-types
Resistant to: Ghost-, Steel-, Water-types

How does this type chart look?

Where the fuck are the offensive stats? :l

Now, for Brokenness stuff.

again, massive
GoldenSandslash15, thanks for the ~45 minutes of typing on my part and likely over an hour and a half on your part. The response, support, and constructive criticism is REALLY appreciated. If I don't respond to something you said, than it means I didn't think it was worth responding to. And my responses are blue.

Tutors - Well, first off, Vespiquen, Mewtwo, and Klinklang are gonna miss having signature moves. That seems to contradict Game Freak's flavor. They don't just make one-off moves available for a lot of things all at once. (They will make it available to a small group first, and then make it widely available later, though.) So, if you're going for a true "Gen 7", then I'd change some of this. But if you just want to make a fun meta, it's fine. I like how three entry hazards are Tutors. (Though, it does make me wonder, why no Sticky Web?

Tutors are a low priority WIP currently. We must first sort out each individual Pokemon before we can decide what gains what from tutors. And there's also the factor of me fucking up and forgetting stuff in there. Vespiquen is definitely losing it's signature move, however, because Flygon already has Attack Order, and some other Bug types have the others.

New Pokémon I shall discuss individually.

First of all, before I do that, the numbering here is a bit off. You just start at #722 and go to #730, leaving no room for any pre-evos. And you should want to start with Grass/Fire/Water to be the Gen 7 starters. But if you're not going for flavor purity, that's fine.

WIP, starters will be made to edit the meta around 70% completion.

Anywho, each of your nine new Pokémon.

Kinzura - Well, all Persistent is good for out of its movepool is just Trick Room and Safeguard. So it'll probably run Prankster with Nasty Plot or Swords Dance or Amnesia or Iron Defense or Rock Polish or something. Yeah, it gets ALL of that. Ultimate setup Pokémon. Also worth noting is how huge its Level Up Movepool is. 29 moves. That basically equates to about one move every three levels until it hits Level 100! Separate it out a bit so that some are Egg Moves and some are Tutor moves. Steel/Ground does leave it with a few weaknesses, but it can just raise its already-high Defenses to hopefully take a hit, and then just pwn with whatever it has left. Pretty versatile.

It also works for Tailwind, which I forgot to add. I agree it's toogud but again, we're not even halfway done with this project.

Mineroryu - Not much to go on. Just stats, abilities and types. And this looks kinda… average. Not horrendously overpowered, but not so weak that I wouldn't want to use it either.

That's the point for Mineroryu, average physical wall with some small niches. I actually had the movepool on a pastebin but lost it in a terrible notepad accident (lol)

Sentozoku - Mew's massive movepool plus better stats, typing, and Magic Bounce? Yeah, glad to see that you kicked this up to Ubers.

It was one of my first edits. betterthanarceuslol

Sandarasu, Nikkarasu, Sunaarasu, Yukarasu - Not knowing movepools, the only thing that makes these guys notable is their abilities: the perma-weather abilities. While three of the four are okay, the sand one, Sunaarasu, isn't. Because Tyranitar outclasses it in every way possible. The only advantage that Sunaarasu has is an additional five base Speed (which could actually hurt it, if two weather summoners are summoned at the same time), and not having a 4x weakness to Fighting (which Tyranitar shouldn't care too much about, with an Assault Vest or Chople Berry. Obviously rain is the best weather, though, do to Swift Swim.

They will all have clones of eachother's movepools. ex. ice beam -> power gem -> flamethrower -> surf -> ice beam

Tetsei - Steel/Fairy with Levitate is good. Still leaves it open to be hit by Fire-type moves, and with sun teams being a thing, sure.

Better Klefki.

Ninkiryo - Seems fairly average.

Old Pokémon:

Pidgeot - Eh, not like it has the Special Attack to use Boomburst.
It's fucking boomburst.
Ninetales - This works.
Meowth - Fairy-type? Really? I'd submit it as a Dark-type candidate before Fairy, but okay. Movepool additions are fit for a Fairy.
Persian - With the Attack buff, Pixilate is likely to get more use than Mastery, since its only physical-based Fairy-type move is Play Rough.
Fairy-Physical should be reworked sometime soon.
Rapidash - Eh, didn't really need it.
didtoo:(
Magneton - Um… it can learn Tri Attack already. And it has done so since Crystal.
oh
Gengar - Okay, get that Mega back into Ubers. Even without Perish Song, having 140 base Special Attack and 130 base Speed is ridiculous. It'll sweep way too easily.
That's nothing in this meta anymore lol
Seriously though, it's meant to be one of the best sweepers, so why strip it of that status?
Hitmonlee - Looks good.
Chansey - Fairy-type? Welcome back to OU, Chansey.
Kangaskhan - A stat decrease on its Mega. Hmm… I'd argue that it's still Uber, as Balanced Hackmons proved that ANYTHING with Parental Bond would be OP. But this one I'm at least willing to try before I dismiss it.
I was sceptical with myself when I did that. But we should test before we get to feisty.
Gyarados - Makes sense.
Porygon - Okay. A bit strong, but nothing so overpowered that I'm concerned.
Mew - Fairy-type… RIP Mew's ability to effectively use Psystrike.
Psystrike clone w/ Fairy type and signature-ness added? Anyone?
Meganium - Good enough.
Hoothoot and Noctowl - Ghost/Flying should prove interesting.
Ledyba and Ledian - I actually like this.
Azumarill - Yet again, this works.
All were meant for UU, aside from Azumarill. I want Meganium to have SOME usage in OU, though.
Unown - LOL Protean. Actually, Protean with the stat boost makes it not too shabby. Choice Specs would make it have more Special Attack than a Deoxys-A with no downside (it don't care about Choice Lock). Of course, its movepool is so shallow that it really wouldn't be worth using. Especially since Protean would alert the opponent what type Hidden Power is, and they would switch to counter it.
True. UU?
Girafarig - All right.
Shuckle - NO. Not Heal Order. Shuckle is annoying enough to fight as it is right now. We don't need to give it reliable recovery.
MWAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
Porygon2 - All right.
Blissey - Still outclassed by Chansey.
Tyranitar - Welcome back, permaweather.
Grovyle and Sceptile - Grass/Dragons ftw!
Blaziken - Please go away. Go back to Ubers. I seriously don't get this. You nerfed the Mega, but not the original, when the original was the one that was banned. Just let it use Swords Dance+Speed Boost and Baton Pass its stat boosts when it's about to die. Hell, you've actually made it more broken by giving it Fire Kick for decent STAB. Mega Blaziken's nerf didn't even do anything, as regular Blaziken is superior to Mega Blaziken, due to the ability to use a Life Orb.
Baton Pass shall be an event move to prevent shitty speed boost shenanigans.
Mightyena - Good enough of a buff.
Shiftry - Yeah, this looks good.
Sableye - 75 Speed Prankster? Yes please.
Torkoal - Outclassed by Heatran. Fire/Steel with Flash Fire is much better than Fire/Steel with Heatproof.
But Bulletproof & Overcoat... I did it because Torkoal is one of my top 10 Pokemon, I have a biased for it due to it being my first legit shiny (and it was emerald lol), the other being a Friend Safari Aipom.
Vibrava and Flygon - Seems cool.
Milotic - Give it some Dragon-type moves to take advantage of its new STAB.
kk
Glalie - Oh god yes.
Walrein - Good hail team support.
Salamence - Hurricane would be good with permanent rain.
Latias - Dragon/Fairy would have seven resistances, four weaknesses, and an immunity. Not too shabby.
Jirachi - As expected.
Infernape - Kinda odd to give Kick moves to something that fights with its fists.
But it...it...its a monkey...
Staraptor and Staravia - Fair enough.
Luxray - YES. Electric/Dark was just what it needed. And Strong Jaw isn't a bad ability for it either. Better than Rivalry anyways.
Thank Jaguar for that ability buff, as well as EQ.
Mismagius - Yay for having a Ghost that isn't weak to Dark.
Toxicroak - Don't really understand your reasoning for this.
Me neither.
Weavile - Oh god Refrigerate Weavile. That'll be annoying.
Fake Out and Quick Attack will actually see usage now, yaay
Gallade - Looks good. I don't think that the type change was necessary, but it wasn't unwelcome either.
Rotom-N - Despite getting its stats changed to match its other forms, it is still outclassed by Mismagius, Gengar, Jellicent, Cofagrigus, and Prankster Sableye in my opinion, and it doesn't get any signature moves like its other forms do.
Getting a Ghost clone of Spacial Rend. BE HAPPY
Regigigas - Well, now it's easier to stall out for Slow Start to wear off, but still probably not worth using.
Cresselia and Manaphy and Shaymin-Land - Yay for Fairies.
Victini - Though I am starting to worry if Dragons might be unusable here due to how many Fairy-types there are.
Why not? Coverage all the things.
Watchog - Looks good.
Purrloin - Okay.
Unfezant - Yeah, I'm good with this.
Blitzle and Zebstrika - Wait. They get BOLT STRIKE now? Well, I guess it'll stop rain teams anyways.
Another couple of favorites. IDK why.
Sawk - Okay.
Darmanitan - V-Create. It gets fucking V-Create. Wow.
That uhh. That was a joke... or it can be an event move but 0 Speed IVs along with -Speed nature?
Archen and Archeops - Welcome to OU, or possibly Ubers. Sheer Force is a great ability given Archeops's base stats.
Definitely. Fragile as glass tho.
Gothitelle - Woot more fairies. (I fully expect Steel/Poison to run rampant here, given how many there are.)
Magic shall become SE ON FAIREH :O
Haxorus - STAB Priority on Dragon-type ain't gonna do much when there's so many Fairy-types.
Mienfoo - Okay.
Bisharp - I don't really see why you buffed this, but it's not unmanageable either.
Rufflet and Braviary - Outclassed by Staraptor, who has 100 base Speed.
UU stuffs
Meloetta and Meloetta-P - Works for me.
Chespin - All right.
Fennekin - Sure.
Greninja - Why not?
Diggersby - Huge Power Fire Kick. Okay.
It's a fucking rabbit
Florges - Yeah, that's good.
Gogoat - Eh, I think it would rather have Sap Sipper.
Furfrou - Oh god. So we're giving Fur Coat Cotton Guard Furfrou access to Slack Off now? I guess the Sniper+Focus Energy+Scope Lens strategy is worth something now.
+2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Outrage vs. +3 252 HP / 252+ Def Furfrou: 178-211 (50.2 - 59.6%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery... FUCK
Honedge, Doublade, and Aegislash - Losing Stance Change really hurt Aegislash, but I'll be damned if those new base stats don't make up for it and then some. BST 630 is good, outdone only by Kyurem, Mega Evolutions, and Ubers. To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing Aegislash himself be kicked up to Ubers.
Goodra - I like it!
Xerneas - Surprised that you made this one Fairy/Grass, but not Florges. Huh, weird. Looks good though.
Florges is just.... Florges. I'll change it tho, if it's that weird.
Yveltal - SPACIAL REND? It gets freaking Spacial Rend? Well, no need to run any other Dragon-type moves then. It doesn't even need Draco Meteor anymore.
/quick edit Uhhh... no it doesn't it never got spacial rend :x

Moves:

Ice Spike - Kinda confused about this. Grass-types don't take additional damage? Ground-types don't take additional damage unless they're also part Dragon? It seems very odd. Just make it an Ice-type version of Stealth Rock, honestly, where it deals damage based on your weakness to Ice. After all, the only type that is weak to both Rock and Ice (and would thus stand to lose the most from entry hazards) is Flying, which you've rendered immune to all entry hazards anyways, so it balances out quite nicely. A bit disappointing that Glalie is the only Pokémon that gets it though.

It is an ice type version of SR... I was just giving examples.

Frost Blast - See my post on the first page.

Soul Steal - Okay. Nothing can learn it right now though, aside from Smeargle.
It was needed.

Fire Kick, Ice Kick, and Thunder Kick - Ice Kick's 30% freeze chance seems a bit much. I think it would go against flavor to make them different chances though (like having Ice Kick be 10% and the others be 30%), so I'd either lower the chances for all of them, or I would replace Ice Kick with Poison Kick or something (which would inflict poisoning).
Freeze got a buff as well as a nerf. It's a 33% chance to break out now, instead of a 20%, but way more things can inflict it. And I could also just ADD poison kick instead of replace Ice Kick with it.

Changes to Old Moves:

Air Slash - Okay.
Blue Flare and Bolt Strike - Oh yay, Zebstrika is even more overpowered.
Double Kick - Okay.
Dragon Claw - Okay.
Dragon Rush - Interesting change.
Drain Punch - Okay.
Giga Drain - Okay.
Horn Leech - Okay.
Ice Beam, Flamethrower, and Thunderbolt - Okay.
Night Slash - Should probably go over what you mean by "variations". I'm guessing it's the other "70 power, high crit rate" moves: Slash, Cross Poison, Psycho Cut, and Shadow Claw. But a list would be helpful.
will do
Parabolic Charge - Could potentially see some use on Heliolisk, who is likely going to be popular in a permaweather setting (Dry Skin/Sand Veil/Solar Power). But I think Thunderbolt would outclass it (or Thunder, on a rain team).
Play Rough - Okay.
Sucker Punch - Woah. Now the only thing it can't counter is Fake Out.
mmmm
Volt Tackle - I assume that it still retains its Electric typing. And now it just lowers Attack and Defense instead of doing recoil? Is that it? And does it still keep its 10% paralysis chance or not? More details please. Regardless, it's pretty bad. Raichu and Light Ball Pikachu shouldn't be using anything physical-based when they have access to Nasty Plot. I suppose Pichu could use it in LC though.
When I say superpower clone, I mean it's the same effects as Superpower with a different typing.
Wild Charge - Okay.

New Abilities:

Mastery - This is a bit too good. Talonflame already has effectively the same thing, and this alone has made it OU. Right now, it's on Fairy-type Persian, Fighting-type Sawk, and Dragon-type Haxorus. At least nothing that gets priority on two types.

Changed Abilities:

Scrappy - Ingenious idea.
Thanks.
Defeatist - No point in changing it, because nothing gets Defeatist anymore.
I did that before I changed Archen / Archeops' abilities.
Drizzle, Drought, Sand Stream, and Snow Warning - Permaweather. You're gonna get such a broken base off of this. Especially so if Swift Swim+Drizzle is legal or if Excadrill remains unbanned. (Bonus Points: Excadrill's Steel-typing makes it good against the ever-so-common Fairies.) At least you banned Sand Veil and Snow Cloak though.
Leaf Guard - I'm assuming that this only works in sunlight, right? More clarification please. I'm guessing it's just using its Gen 4 mechanics here.
I didn't play competitive Gen 4. I didn't even beat Gen 4. But you're immune to status during sun and you can

Type Chart Changes:

Flying - I wonder if the immunity to entry hazards should be extended to Levitate/Air Balloon Pokémon as well? Or those that are Baton Passed a Magnet Rise/Telekinesis. And yes, I like the idea of Flying-types having to take damage as soon as they get affected by Gravity/Smack Down/Ingrain. Not sure how to feel about Roost though. First off, which comes first, the healing or the entry hazard damage? Secondly, am I gonna have to take the entry hazard damage every single time that I use Roost? That'd honestly make Roost so bad that it wouldn't even be worth using. I'd reconsider Roost. The other thing is that there's a lot of similar issues with other mechanics. Go to Bulbapedia, search for "Grounded", look at the "Talk" page and see my messages there for how much you'd need to account for with this.
Fuck, I'm confused. Okay, uhh, anything ungrounded will taking entry hazard damage once grounded, but it will only take the damage once. And the entry hazard damage takes place before the healing.

Magic - Not really that relevant when nothing is of that type yet. And we don't know the type matchups.

Acid - Same as Magic.
It's Poison with the addition of being immune to Steel and SE on Steel.

Sandshrew's post ends here.

PokemonMasterDebater
Just gotta say, Persistant Kinzura actually looks like a fantastic Trick Room setter. Its higher speed lets it get a "slow" U-Turn/Baton Pass while TR is in effect, meaning it can tank an extra hit before switching out, letting your sweeper come in for free. And the extra TR turns it provides might even allow a sweeper to set up a Curse/Calm Mind/etc.

Agreed.

By offensive stats what exactly do you mean? Like, are you saying something like Ghost / Magic hits: ______? Or something else? And for what resists it, yes I forgot it, but here it is:
What Resists Magic:
  • Ice-type
Ice buff pls
  • Bug-type
Bugs are just cool :x needs a buff imo.
  • Ground-type
Ground-types, such as trolls, seem to prevail against magic, however, magic just isn't weak to it. But, Ground-types are cool, so :]

Thoughts? I'm trying to make it so it's three for everything bar neutrality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)