NOC Popcorn Mafia 3 Game Thread

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Clouds / Chad / Caffeine

These are the people who were around when everyone was voting but didn't vote. Unless Psy missed it.
yeah psy can cope, i've already said before that i'll vote when i want to

don't have the time to tryhard mafia games during weekdays unfortunately and i haven't had time to decide a vote yet

Cause Dusk and AG are voting eachother and are the two top wagons.

It's possible they are w/w but its unlikely. I guess they could be t/t though since its 19p.
Just a quick quibble as I catch up, order my thoughts, etc: I'm fine with the bussing mechanic, so me voting someone is NAI for them. But Dusk doesn't really bus, so if he's voting me, then we are very unlikely to be w/w.

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Don‘t have much to refute this because I think we’re looking for different things when we’re trying to make reads
plausible, i'm more just trying to understand what specifically you were looking for in regards to how celever interacted with psy and how it'd help you solve him

i care less about this than i originally thought i did, it just stood out to me at first cause it seemed directionless

I'm just going to go back to explaining my reads list

weaker towns:
lady salamence - the player who complains about day 1 being useless is suddenly coming in swinging on the first day. wow what this could mean. slight townlean considering that the game they rolled scum, they made sure to be extra useless by avoiding player interaction and making reads at all costs.

celever - content is pretty meh but I don't think celever would give psy the gun. prob lazy town but if he's scum his team prob has 1 experienced player max, otherwise he'd have more motivation imo.

oj - pretty natural tone & consistent with previous games so far. don't really remember his reads tho

Ok now I'm confused
If dusk and I are w/w, then we're mutually bussing. For wolf me, that's par for the course. But for Dusk, that's a huge change. Thus, we are not W/W
If I'm wolf, then I usually bus d1 or d2 at the latest. So dusk is likely wolf, too. But that leads to w/w, which is very unlikely.
That leaves me as town. Dusk could go either way, and the only reason I'm not on him right now is because "give me the gun" was very anti-town even before parity was added.

Clouds

False Pretenses
Aura Guardian do you think you're getting scumread in good faith, & of those scumreading you, can you see any of it from a town perspective

i'm leaning towards you being lhf town at this point, which is rooted in thread's treatment of your slot. i did read a couple of your past games, too

I need to finish the kdrama im watching before i sleep so see u guys tmrw

Psypsypsypsypsythe ppl are gonne be mad at me for suggesting this but like just shoot who u want, ur only going to be in this game for 2-3 days max, if u listen to the thread and shoot ur townread and then die and ur actual scumreads end up being scum ur question ur life decisions

#gobigorgohome

is that entirely what your townread on me is based on

i also wouldn't veto psy gun outright if my team wanted it, though it'd never be my first choice yeah
No I just think ur playing similarly to the eimm mafia game, I also think u would be trying to do more agenda-based things if u were scum & ur posts feel pretty natural

Clouds

False Pretenses
If dusk and I are w/w, then we're mutually bussing. For wolf me, that's par for the course. But for Dusk, that's a huge change. Thus, we are not W/W
If I'm wolf, then I usually bus d1 or d2 at the latest. So dusk is likely wolf, too. But that leads to w/w, which is very unlikely.
That leaves me as town. Dusk could go either way, and the only reason I'm not on him right now is because "give me the gun" was very anti-town even before parity was added.
ftr i don't think dusk wouldn't bus you if you were mafia together here given the popcorn format, but i also don't think you're partnered due to how focused he's been on your slot and there's a world where you're both town honestly. from what i witnessed watching tommy in champs, he's more of a team supporter even if his interactions are designed to distance and for him to chip into you as much as he has here as a partner would be uncharacteristically uncharitable for him

Clouds

False Pretenses
No I just think ur playing similarly to the eimm mafia game, I also think u would be trying to do more agenda-based things if u were scum & ur posts feel pretty natural
tracks a bit. i'm not super used to you townreading me early, but i feel like you'd aim to scumread me as wolf again since you know i'm not the type of town player to exit poes

shoutout knight's errant battle scars

skipper has acted the exact same way last time he rolled scum by only starting to play when ppl mentioned his name and not strongly committing to any reads, the way he tunneled hal when he rolled town in the game where me/tommie/ag smoked everyone and the way he's playing now/when he rolled scum is night and day. His readslist also sucks.

VOTE SKIPPERGAMEZ
you make a good point that skip hasnt tunneled anyone yet which is a component thats missing from vnv too but im not totally sold on this

Aura Guardian do you think you're getting scumread in good faith, & of those scumreading you, can you see any of it from a town perspective

i'm leaning towards you being lhf town at this point, which is rooted in thread's treatment of your slot. i did read a couple of your past games, too
Yes. Also yes. I can easily see their perspectives on this. Consider my post-revival record so far. I'd be tempted to scumread myself given all this.

texas's opener was pretty pointed, also didn't feel that agenda'd + things look a bit better than i'd initially thought when grazing thread after i looked at his posts in isolation and how he chose to dive in. i've played 1 game with him where he was mafia, and my memory's hazy wrt his opener there so i'll have to revisit but i remember him being the 1 mafia i incorrectly read that game during the lategame phase
no yeah texas posting during bigvivor endgame was really strong so im looking at all this like im not sure if it actually tells me anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)