Smogon Forums

AWailOfATail
AWailOfATail
And "formats" just means config/formats.js. Trust me, unexpected identifier happens a lot haha
Ghoul King
Ghoul King
It doesn't provide any such symbol at all, actually. It proceeds to tell me that it's at exports this and Module that and so on.

I have at least gotten it to move from saying there's a crash in Formats to saying there's a crash in Moves. (Still "unexpected identifier") Progress?
AWailOfATail
AWailOfATail
Uh probably not if you didn't edit anything in there haha. Maybe just redownload the files? It's all I can think
Ghoul King
Ghoul King
No no, this is the Pet Mod's moves file, not the general moves file. Like I said: progress. No idea what's causing the crash -I've fixed missing commas and similar problems and it hasn't changed the crash message in the slightest.
AWailOfATail
AWailOfATail
Honestly you could pastebin the file and I could take a look if you want? Not at home rn but if you can't figure it out then :(
Ghoul King
Ghoul King
Sure.

http://pastebin.com/AstGTXED

I'm sure I've got tons of mistakes, but I have no idea why it's just straight-up crashing the server so hard the server won't boot.
AWailOfATail
AWailOfATail
I'll look at it when I get home! You said that its just in mods/something/moves.js right?
Ghoul King
Ghoul King
Yes, unless I am even more epic fail than I realize, that is what is going on. The crash messages seem to agree with me, too.
AWailOfATail
AWailOfATail
http://pastebin.com/PNce4tSB ok so there were just a bunch of components of the moves that needed a comma. Also added 'use strict'; at the top. No clue why but it's in all of the mods on showdown's github so I just use it. Tested to make sure it worked, Hyper Beam switches out the opponent so things work :) just paste that into mods/whatever/moves.js and you're good to go!
Ghoul King
Ghoul King
Thanks!
AWailOfATail
AWailOfATail
Let me know if it works!
Ghoul King
Ghoul King
I've only done some testing at this point, but A: yeah, it runs (Though I had to give up on the few Items and Abilities I've tried to code for the moment, as they were ALSO crashing it...) and B: so far I've been pleasantly surprised at some of the things that function perfectly! (Focus Punch-variants perform perfectly, when I'd expected them to give me trouble)

... on the other hand, Bone Rush doesn't ignore Flying's Ground immunity and Acid Spray and Acid fail utterly against Steel. Very puzzled by those.
Ghoul King
Ghoul King
Oh, and Present does damage like an attacking move, but does function as a Status move -Crafty Shield blocks it. This includes that Focus Punch behavior isn't interrupted by it, which was funny to me once I realized it wasn't Focus Punch-variants bugging out on me.
Ghoul King
Ghoul King
Fixed the Acids. I'm derp and didn't notice the "Ignore immunity: type of the move" bit in Thousand Arrows. On the other hand, the Bone moves are still behaving oddly -Bone Rush and Bone Club now ignore Ground immunities, but they're not super effective against Zapdos. Bonemerang outright crashes the game, though I think I know why it's doing that.
AWailOfATail
AWailOfATail
Have you tried just taking the code from Thousand Arrows directly?
Ghoul King
Ghoul King
Oh, I just discovered what the problem probably was -the Thousand Arrows code I was stealing from was from before I re-downloaded Pokemon Showdown, and used "var" where the new code uses "let". I'll test later in the day, but I've copy-pasted the new Thousand Arrows code over.

Still going to need to do testing on Bonemerang and see if it "IgnoreImmunty: Ground" lets it bypass Levitate and Air Balloons and so on or not. Though honestly, if it doesn't work I'm tempted to just adjust my Bonemerang concept so its entire niche is killing Flying. It's not like Marowak needs Bonemerang in specific when it can run the other moves, for dealing with Bronzong or whoever.

Also going to try setting Present's basePower to 'false', see if that makes it stop attacking things.
Ghoul King
Ghoul King
I've been informed Thousand Arrows is *supposed* to hit neutrally on the Smackdown hit. The internet is not helping clarify, but whatever. That's... annoying, regarding Bone Rush, but whatever.

To my surprise, Bonemerang just being told to ignore Ground immunities DOES cause it to outright ignore Levitate and so on, no need for other code. Well, that's simple. Indeed, I think it lets me clean up Bone Rush and Bone Club's code too.

Present, meanwhile hates me, and I suspect I need to drop "Inherit" in favor of manually converting the move into a Status move if I want it to stop hurting things. (To my surprise, Damaging Status Present breaks Illusion. What?)
AWailOfATail
AWailOfATail
Hey, good to hear you're doing well! To be quite honest I'm not toooo familiar with move mods (I do more meta stuff) but setting it as a status should work. Good to know ignoreImmunity works, though. Oh also I'd save a backup of all of your files so if something goes completely screwy and doesn't work, you can just load the backup file instead
Ghoul King
Ghoul King
Present IS set as a Status move right now, and I know that much is working correctly because Crafty Shield blocks it. It's just not doing anything ELSE correctly... well, priority aside.

And yeah, backups are good.

In other news, I've gotten Poison doing what I want, fairly trivially once I got Statuses to stop crashing the server, while Paralysis is... well, I'm almost completely confident I've successfully removed the random turn missing, but implementing Evasion penalties isn't working. (Hurricane is missing between 25%-50% of the time, even when I've set the Evasion modifier to 0.50... which isn't a change of any kind, positive OR negative) Tempted to give up on it, though I'll probably come back to it later before I give up fully.

... meanwhile, to my astonishment, Status moves as legal during Sleep was effortless.
AWailOfATail
AWailOfATail
Just keep workin at it and you got this! Also since metas are important if you think you wanna try to code one go right ahead