Nickscor
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Don't try it on Diamond for your first run. Pretty much anyone who tries anything on DPPt says it's the hardest set of games to Nuzlocke.

Going into the final battle with Cyrus I had my Torterra, Golduck, Crobat, and Rapidash all slightly under level.

By the time I had beaten Cyrus I had lost my Golduck. I attempt to take on Palkia with my lvl 42 Torterra, he takes the AnceintPower like a champ, but then Palkia gets a critical water pulse on him. In the span of like 2-3 minutes I had lost my two best pokes, I had to run from the Palkia battle (I had added a no legendary rule) just to keep my team alive.

Within a half hour I had lost my Crobat to a random fisherman's Gyarados through random luck and the AI being smart for half a second.

My team currently has a Cherrim, a Pachirisu, a Lopunny, the Rapidash, an Octillery and a Staravia. I'm working to train them all up and take on the final gym.

Now things are going to get challenging.
    For bodies of water on a route you're usually given one in the grass catch and one fishing/surfing catch.

Those are the main rules every Nuzlocke has, people add more as they see fit.

I was wary of this and thought it was just sort of an epeen booster thing, but once I tried it I honestly had my view of pokemon completely turned around.

For example, I had a Geodude as my MVP for a good two or three badges, right before it was about to evolve into a Graveler it died from a critical self destruct. That geodude dying was like someone had punched me in the stomach and told me something horrible about myself.

I am not shitting you.

The Nuzlocke challenge typically has people making comics / screenshot runs of their adventures and some of them are absolutely hilarious. For the first comic and links to the forum:

http://www.nuzlocke.com/

I highly recommend you check it out.
    It's basically playing pokemon with more consequences and making it more difficult. The difficulty actually adds a lot of interest to the game as well as making you appreciate a lot of different pokemon apart from their tournament value. Your basic Nuzlocke rule set is this:

1: If a pokemon faints you must either release it or box it and never use it in battle. (Probably the biggest and most important rule, a red health bar becomes a serious OH SHIT moment, critical hits become the worst thing that could ever happen, ever.)

2: When you enter a new area ("area" can be defined differently, typically a new route/city, but I count areas as all the different capture locations that you can have like Lake Acuity and Acuity Lakefront) you can only catch the first pokemon you see in the grass. If that pokemon faints or you run away, tough cookies, you don't get a pokemon out of the grass for this route.

More in 30 sec.
    Also, I'm real sorry about the state of the thread and my activity, I just can't seem to get into the mood to breed pokes as of late.
    Dude, you have to try doing a Nuzlocke challenge if you haven't already. It will change how you see pokemon.
    Really? I have 3 atm :/ also I need 99 more zigzagoons till I get my espeed egg :) not going to be too difficult, considering how broken pickup is in R/S xD
    yep. It's a collector's item now ;) but seriously, when the *new* ones cost like 60 - 100 more, that was a sweet deal, considering it still had a shitload of pokes on it (Basically, if I catch enough zigzagoons I will have 160+ in the pokedex and 0 badges :/)

It had ALL of the starters save totodile and treeko still on it, I'm restarting my saph for the treeko, so I'll be able to have EVERY FUCKING 3rd gen starter except toto available from gamestart :P
    I can't remember buzz, but I know I work with 108, for neutral speed 27+.
    Salamence is 118 for neutral speed 26+.

I thought you are doing Swellow.
    lol I will be xD. I'll probably be restarting my saph cart a whole bunch to get multiple eggs, so we'll have to se what pops up :)
    rawr screw XD-- RSBox just came :D expect espeed linoones to start popping up :)
    Ha, I had honestly forgot about those. Yeah. Just shoot me a VM whenever you get it over to your DS cart then. I'll definately want to cash in for that one.
    Lol, I'm probably gonna beat Mt. battle before anything else, just like collo :P Then I can own everything with a Lv 80+ jolteon :D

I need to beat it anyways so I can get enough coupons to get the thunderbolt TM, but we'll see :/
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…