ORAS OU ⌘✿Semi-Stally Mega Scizor + Keldeo OU team✿⌘

Basic Overview
Hi guys, I'm wailing_wailord and this is my 2nd OU team (First one that I've posted because this is the one that I think is actually OK.) I'm new to teambuilding so the roles and description will be taken from the respective Pokemon's Smogon entry and I'm not even sure how good this team actually is. Anyway, this team has a Mega-Scizor+Keldeo core which works good for me.

Here's the team in more detail:

MEGA SCIZOR

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Bullet Punch

Bug Bite

Superpower

Swords Dance

"After a Swords Dance boost, Scizor transforms into an awesome offensive threat, capable of leveling teams with just Bullet Punch and Superpower. The former is both a good sweeping and revenge killing tool thanks to priority and boosts from Technician and STAB. Superpower vastly improves Scizor's coverage and firepower against Steel-types, hitting (and likely OHKOing) most for super effective damage, as well as punching huge dents in neutral targets such as Skarmory, opposing Scizor and Keldeo. Bug Bite further improves Scizor's coverage, hitting relevant threats such as Rotom-W, Celebi, Mega Slowbro, Jirachi, and Mega Venusaur harder so that Scizor does not have to rely on a weaker Bullet Punch or Superpower, which drops stats after use. Knock Off can also be used for good Dark-type coverage and general utility, which helps in dealing with some threats such as Jirachi and Doublade while removing useful items from foes." ~Smogon

KELDEO

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Substitute

Calm Mind

Scald

Secret Sword

"Substitute enables Keldeo to protect itself from status and take advantage of defensive Pokemon that cannot deal enough damage to it to break the Substitute, such as Heatran, Alomomola and non-Psyshock Slowbro. It also eases prediction against offensive teams and stops Bisharp from beating Keldeo if it has been brought into Sucker Punch's KO range. Calm Mind has excellent synergy with Substitute, increasing not only Keldeo's power but also its bulk, which helps it set up even further against defensive Pokemon and stops it from being revenge killed as easily by special attackers. Scald is an accurate, drawback-free, reliable STAB move with a great secondary effect that enables Keldeo to wear down checks such as Latias, Slowbro, and Mega Venusaur. Secret Sword is Keldeo's most accurate special Fighting STAB move and enables it to hit special walls such as Chansey." ~Smogon

HEATRAN

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
Stealth Rock

Lava Plume

Toxic

Protect

"Lava Plume is a basic STAB option with a useful burn chance to punish common switch-ins, especially physical attackers such as Azumarill and Landorus-T. Toxic is critical for Heatran to cripple bulky Water-types, wear down Keldeo, and actually handle Roost Latios, Mega Charizard X, and Talonflame; it also prevents Pokemon from setting up for free. Taunt is is crucial for Heatran to deal with Calm Mind Clefable and is incredibly useful against balanced and stall teams, allowing Heatran to wear down defensive Pokemon, such as Chansey, Mandibuzz, and Mega Venusaur, when combined with Toxic and defeat slower Heatran that lack Earth Power. Protect is an excellent option to scout opposing Pokemon, prevent Choice Scarf Landorus-T from keeping momentum with U-turn, punish a potential double switch when it is first used, rack up Toxic damage, and increase Heatran's longevity by giving it extra turns of Leftovers recovery." ~Smogon

CLEFABLE

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
Calm Mind

Moonblast
Soft-Boiled

Thunder Wave

"Calm Mind boosts Clefable’s Special Attack and Special Defense stat, making it both powerful and bulky. Moonblast is Clefable's obligatory STAB move and hits extremely hard after just a few Calm Mind boosts. Soft-Boiled gives Clefable much-needed longevity on the field, enabling it to check threats with much more ease. Thunder Wave is a great utility move in general that can cripple many of Clefable's checks, including Heatran, Talonflame, Mega Scizor, Mega Venusaur, and Mega Metagross. Alternatively, Flamethrower deals with the Steel-types that resist Moonblast, such as Scizor and Excadrill. Focus Blast can also be considered for its ability to hit Heatran and Chansey, two of the biggest checks to Clefable. Ice Beam is an alternate option to OHKO specially defensive Gliscor after a boost, which would otherwise check Clefable; however, Clefable misses out on Steel-types such as Scizor as a result." ~Smogon

AMOONGUSS

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
Spore

Giga Drain

Clear Smog

Sludge Bomb

"Spore is a must-have on Amoonguss to cripple one Pokemon on the opposing team, and Giga Drain allows Amoonguss to stay somewhat healthy, while threatening Water-types it naturally checks. Clear Smog removes stat boosts from Pokemon such as Clefable and Serperior, while Stun Spore can be used as a secondary status moves to catch opponents off guard when they think they're safe after Spore has been used. Hidden Power Fire is an option to hit Ferrothorn and Scizor, both of which can otherwise wall Amoonguss. Sludge Bomb can be used for a stronger STAB move than Clear Smog with a 30% chance to poison the foe. Foul Play can also be used to punish setup sweepers such as Landorus-T and Mega Scizor if something on the opposing team is already sleeping while also being able to deal heavy damage to the likes of Mega Metagross." ~Smogon

GARCHOMP

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Swords Dance

Earthquake

Substitute

Dragon Claw

"Swords Dance doubles Garchomp's Attack, significantly boosting its damage output. Earthquake is Garchomp's main STAB move that deals good damage to most targets, while Dragon Claw hits everything that resists it bar Skarmory and Togekiss for neutral damage. Substitute blocks attempts at inflicting Garchomp with a status move while also buffering against weaker attacks. It is also incredibly useful for blocking Intimidate, especially against Landorus-T, which is a main switch-in to Garchomp. Fire Blast or Fire Fang can be used in place of Substitute to score perfect neutral coverage, but the utility of having a Substitute is often superior to hitting Skarmory super effectively. Stone Edge is also a viable alternative to hit Mandibuzz and Zapdos, but it should only be used if these Pokemon prove to be problematic for your team. If Substitute isn't used, Outrage is a viable alternative over Dragon Claw for a significant increase in power." ~Smogon

Sorry I wasn't able to make the descriptions myself, I'm not really sure what to put on them aside from what the Smogon entry says. As I said, I'm not very experienced in competitive battling and teambuilding so anny ratings or suggestions are welcome! Thanks for reading ^-^​

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Dragon Claw

Before I leave I rate, I suggest you don't use Smogon analysis descriptions to describe your Pokemon. Smogon analyses talk about a Pokemon in general, and you want to talk about your Pokemon in particular. You need to use your own words to tell exactly why you chose the sets and Pokemon you did, and how each Pokemon fits into the team.

Hi there! Regardless of the above post, I think this team has potential should a few tweaks be made. There are a few notable issues with this team that I can see. Firstly your team has no means with which to remove hazards from the field, and seeing as 5 out of 6 of you team members are affected by both Stealth Rock and Spikes, this is something which must be remedied. Secondly, you have no Ground-type immunity, let alone resistance, which is a must in a meta filled with Sand offence teams. Thirdly, you have literally zero counterplay to Mega Charizard X, one of, if not the most threatening set-up sweeper in OU at the moment.

->
As a fix to the hazard removal issue, I'd suggest Defog Latias over Amoonguss. This provides the crucial Water-type resist and Keldeo check that Amoonguss did, whilst also providing hazard removal in Defog and more reliable recovery in Roost. I'd also recommend running Thunderbolt on Latias, as to lure in Skarmory, a massive issue for both Clefable and Mega Scizor. You may be fearing I'm making the team weak to Azumarill beyond the point of repair, but I'll get on to that later with a few set tweaks.

->
The next suggestion I'd like to make is to switch out your Heatran for Swords Dance Yache Berry defensive Landorus-T. This keeps the utility in providing Stealth Rock, whilst bringing to the table a solid check for both Sand offence and Mega Charizard X. Swords Dance allows it to pressure troublesome Pokemon such as opposing defensive Mega Scizor and Clefable, and whilst offering great defensive presence, it also allows Landorus to be a great Pokemon against slower teams, breaking them down for Mega Scizor. Yache Berry it to improve matchups against troublesome Electric-types, most notably Thundurus-I and Mega Manectric.

The next few suggestions are merely alterations to the sets or spreads of the Pokemon you currently have on your team.

The first of these minor alterations I'd suggest is to run defensive Mega Scizor over the offensive set you currently have. The reasons for this are that as of late, offensive Mega Scizor has seriously fallen out of favour thanks to the ubiquity of max-Speed Heatran, one of the Pokemon it used to hope to outspeed and take advantage of by KOing it with Superpower. Furthermore, defensive Mega Scizor makes for a great check to troublesome Fairy- and Dragon-types in the tier such as Mega Gardevoir, Mega Diancie, and Latios, whilst also providing utility in blanket checking many, many other threats thanks to its superb bulk and grabbing momentum with U-turn. The spread I'd suggest is 248 HP / 16 Atk / 44 Def / 200 SpD with an Impish nature; this spread is a slight adaptation of the standard spread found
here, just with the Attack and Defense investment switched over, as this allows Mega Scizor to reliably avoid the 2HKO from Mega Lopunny's High Jump Kick. This set also remedies the Azumarill weakness created in removing Amoonguss for Latias.

Next up, I'd suggest changing the Keldeo set that you're currently using, Substitute Calm Mind, though it may be one of my favourite sets, to standard Choice Specs Keldeo. I feel as though this team would greatly appreciate the immediate offensive pressure offered by Choice Specs Keldeo, as it is, really, not too offensive all-in-all. This also gives something powerful for defensive Mega Scizor to pivot out into on counters such as Skarmory and Heatran, giving free turns to fire off powerful attacks and fish for Scald burns. Furthermore, it improves the matchup against opposing Mega Scizor, as after Heatran was removed, this matchup became a little bit more strenuous.

I'd also alter Garchomp set somewhat, though Sub-SD with Leftovers is certainly a viable set, I, personally find it somewhat lacklustre in comparison to Sub-SD with Salac berry. Once the opposing team has been weakened, Sub-Salac Garchomp is an incredibly threatening sweeper, as gaining a Speed boost from the Salac Berry makes it near-impossible to outspeed barring a few rarer Choice Scarf users such as Keldeo and Latios. Another option, and, what I'd say suits the team more would be to run a Life Orb Garchomp set with Swords Dance, Dragon Claw, Earthquake and Fire Fang; this set is incredibly effective at breaking down common defensive cores on both balance teams and stall teams alike, whilst acting somewhat as a lure to Rotom-Wash, one of defensive Mega Scizor's biggest roadblocks in the current meta. It also provides a means of applying serious immediate offensive pressure, much like Choice Specs Keldeo.

There you are, I hope you enjoy. I'll leave an importable of the new iteration of the team I'm suggesting down below.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 44 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Dragon Claw

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 188 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost / Healing Wish

The given Landorus EVs allow it to nab the kill on Thundurus-I with Stone Edge after one round or Life Orb recoil, whilst outspeeding Crawdaunt.
Garchomp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw

PM me if you have any queries whatsoever, I'll be glad to help!

Last edited:
one thing I really like is subsd bulky chomp, with 404 hp, max speed, rest in attack. I'd recommend using this.

Hi there! Regardless of the above post, I think this team has potential should a few tweaks be made. There are a few notable issues with this team that I can see. Firstly your team has no means with which to remove hazards from the field, and seeing as 5 out of 6 of you team members are affected by both Stealth Rock and Spikes, this is something which must be remedied. Secondly, you have no Ground-type immunity, let alone resistance, which is a must in a meta filled with Sand offence teams. Thirdly, you have literally zero counterplay to Mega Charizard X, one of, if not the most threatening set-up sweeper in OU at the moment.

->
As a fix to the hazard removal issue, I'd suggest Defog Latias over Amoonguss. This provides the crucial Water-type resist and Keldeo check that Amoonguss did, whilst also providing hazard removal in Defog and more reliable recovery in Roost. I'd also recommend running Thunderbolt on Latias, as to lure in Skarmory, a massive issue for both Clefable and Mega Scizor. You may be fearing I'm making the team weak to Azumarill beyond the point of repair, but I'll get on to that later with a few set tweaks.

->
The next suggestion I'd like to make is to switch out your Heatran for Swords Dance Yache Berry defensive Landorus-T. This keeps the utility in providing Stealth Rock, whilst bringing to the table a solid check for both Sand offence and Mega Charizard X. Swords Dance allows it to pressure troublesome Pokemon such as opposing defensive Mega Scizor and Clefable, and whilst offering great defensive presence, it also allows Landorus to be a great Pokemon against slower teams, breaking them down for Mega Scizor. Yache Berry it to improve matchups against troublesome Electric-types, most notably Thundurus-I and Mega Manectric.

The next few suggestions are merely alterations to the sets or spreads of the Pokemon you currently have on your team.

The first of these minor alterations I'd suggest is to run defensive Mega Scizor over the offensive set you currently have. The reasons for this are that as of late, offensive Mega Scizor has seriously fallen out of favour thanks to the ubiquity of max-Speed Heatran, one of the Pokemon it used to hope to outspeed and take advantage of by KOing it with Superpower. Furthermore, defensive Mega Scizor makes for a great check to troublesome Fairy- and Dragon-types in the tier such as Mega Gardevoir, Mega Diancie, and Latios, whilst also providing utility in blanket checking many, many other threats thanks to its superb bulk and grabbing momentum with U-turn. The spread I'd suggest is 248 HP / 16 Atk / 44 Def / 200 SpD with an Impish nature; this spread is a slight adaptation of the standard spread found
here, just with the Attack and Defense investment switched over, as this allows Mega Scizor to reliably avoid the 2HKO from Mega Lopunny's High Jump Kick. This set also remedies the Azumarill weakness created in removing Amoonguss for Latias.

Next up, I'd suggest changing the Keldeo set that you're currently using, Substitute Calm Mind, though it may be one of my favourite sets, to standard Choice Specs Keldeo. I feel as though this team would greatly appreciate the immediate offensive pressure offered by Choice Specs Keldeo, as it is, really, not too offensive all-in-all. This also gives something powerful for defensive Mega Scizor to pivot out into on counters such as Skarmory and Heatran, giving free turns to fire off powerful attacks and fish for Scald burns. Furthermore, it improves the matchup against opposing Mega Scizor, as after Heatran was removed, this matchup became a little bit more strenuous.

I'd also alter Garchomp set somewhat, though Sub-SD with Leftovers is certainly a viable set, I, personally find it somewhat lacklustre in comparison to Sub-SD with Salac berry. Once the opposing team has been weakened, Sub-Salac Garchomp is an incredibly threatening sweeper, as gaining a Speed boost from the Salac Berry makes it near-impossible to outspeed barring a few rarer Choice Scarf users such as Keldeo and Latios. Another option, and, what I'd say suits the team more would be to run a Life Orb Garchomp set with Swords Dance, Dragon Claw, Earthquake and Fire Fang; this set is incredibly effective at breaking down common defensive cores on both balance teams and stall teams alike, whilst acting somewhat as a lure to Rotom-Wash, one of defensive Mega Scizor's biggest roadblocks in the current meta. It also provides a means of applying serious immediate offensive pressure, much like Choice Specs Keldeo.

There you are, I hope you enjoy. I'll leave an importable of the new iteration of the team I'm suggesting down below.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 44 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Dragon Claw

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 188 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost / Healing Wish

The given Landorus EVs allow it to nab the kill on Thundurus-I with Stone Edge after one round or Life Orb recoil, whilst outspeeding Crawdaunt.
Garchomp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw

PM me if you have any queries whatsoever, I'll be glad to help!
whoopsie, sorry for the late reply. been waiting for this. thanks! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)