1 hour

Yeah going out while sleeping would be nice. I don't think I would be able to fall asleep though.

And hopefully by this point, people would realize there is no god.

Ignore it and continue living as usual. I'm not taking some random reporter's word that the world is just plain ending in an hour.

If I actually knew that it was going to happen, I don't know, really. I doubt the shock of it would really hit me at first. I'd probably make something good to eat.

I don't watch TV, and I would just dismiss it as total bullshit. But if I actually believed it, I'd probably only be hit by the severity of it in my final minutes. I'm not scared of death as an abstract, but I certainly don't want to be sitting there counting until my world ends and everyone I love, and everyone else besides, dies. I'd probably just tell my mom how much I love her and talk to my pets for the last time or something. I might try to write some sort of record of what happened, in case not everyone died out and/or more people would come along one day to wonder how entire civilisations collapsed. Somehow the hour would probably be too short but also too fucking long, a drawn out sort of waiting, wondering, hoping, fearing.

Alternately I might just get high. My parents are pretty susceptible and also stoners, so if we were all believing it, we might want to go out tripping instead of being entirely lucid. Unless it just heightened our anxiety, in which case, fuck.

Whoever said people wouldn't use the computer is wrong; I'm pretty damn sure there are people would get on and like to talk to their friends for the last time, etc., and I don't just mean 'online friends', because the internet is one of our most effective mediums [media. e_e] of communication.. I'd probably get on IRC on a certain channel my friends and I share [not on Deja] and be all, lol world is ending guys and make fun of it, then it'd dawn on me and I'd probably spam FUCK FUCK OH GOD NO SHIT GUYS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and then go do the things I mentioned above.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Grab my Ipod, walk down to the lake I live on, grab a seat near it, start listening to my favorite music while just looking at my surroundings and reflecting on everything that has happened in my life. I guess I would play It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine), and I would indeed feel fine, because its not like I'm the only one going.
Yeah man, this is my favorite answer so far. I imagine I'd like to say goodbye to my family first, my roommates/whoever is home at the time... and then I'd just go. I'd load up my mp3 player with some Hum and drive up to the nearby reservoir and sit and let it happen. If there's no fighting, then I'd welcome it. Besides, why waste that precious last hour trying to find some nasty slut to bang? (I imagine the majority of people mentioning sex are virgins, so I guess that's okay.)

EDIT: Of course, I'd absolutely have "The Bitter End" by Placebo on the playlist as well. If there ever were a song to listen to while the end of the world approaches, that's it.

anyone who says they would just grab their ds or use their computer 1 final time is lying. That is just a fact.
I probably would. I'd play the Holy Bible [the Manics album] and either cry my heart out or just sit here relatively nonchalantly. The person I'd want to spend my last hour with lives more than an hour away.

Alright, there's either two ways I'd go with this : Say I love my family and friends, actually pray for once in my life and stay with my family till the end.

Or

Say I love my family and friends and instead of staying with them, I'd just do whatever the Hell I want, smashing things, stealing cars and motorcycle, etc.

I'd probably go with the first. Then again I never take chances in life...

i'd get a whole bunch of things off of my chest to the people i knew and make amends to the people i had treated wrong in my earlier life.

after that just find some friends and be with them. not sure how many of my friends would wanna be with me the last hour of their lives though.

take my dog out to a park and run after him nonstop.

i can never catch him but i would REALLY put my all into it and it would be a final achievement i would be proud of and either way it would be fun~

magichands said:
I would pray to the aliens that might be orbitting us, watching us and studying us, to save human kind.
If aliens are orbiting us on what ever that planet is called that takes 3500 years to orbit the sun, there way of saving us would most likely be extermination of the white upper-middle class.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Call my friends, as many as I can. Possibly see if any of them wants hot hot end of the world secks. Say goodbye on some forums or whatever. Apologize to someone. Build a bunker in my basement?

No unrestrained neolithic f*cking for me - what if it was all a joke or a mistake?
Then you've got a great excuse :naughty:

Seriously, I probably wouldn't either. I would ignore any reporter that said the world was about to end. However, I certainly would try to keep myself busy.

Time supposedly slows inside a black hole - you'd be at a point of almost total stillness compared to whatever was left outside. You'd be able to watch the heat death of the universe in fast forward. It would kind of rule actually
I think Gravitational Time Dilation actually works the other way. We'd all die at the same rate of time as we know it, but people looking in from outside wouldn't see us die. They'd just see us getting sucked in, infinitely slowly. Of course, we wouldn't be able to look outside anyway. Remember what they said about not even light escaping from the gravity of a black hole?

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
id quite like to do something totally surreal like try and climb some random building. something cool like that, that would be an experience even if the world didnt end

If aliens are orbiting us on what ever that planet is called that takes 3500 years to orbit the sun, there way of saving us would most likely be extermination of the white upper-middle class.
And then the African and Asian elites would take over the world.

I would go about life as normal.

If the world was coming to an end in an hour, it would not matter what I did in that time.

And if it didn't end, I'm the only one left with some dignity.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Umbreon Dan said:
I think Gravitational Time Dilation actually works the other way. We'd all die at the same rate of time as we know it, but people looking in from outside wouldn't see us die. They'd just see us getting sucked in, infinitely slowly. Of course, we wouldn't be able to look outside anyway. Remember what they said about not even light escaping from the gravity of a black hole?
It actually doesn't work at all, because we'd be accelerating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)